Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

the ob

all good in the hood.
rick,
I think it is great that you are starting to offer some other wood options. The Cherry's look amazing. How many of these things does one person need? Mom? :lol:

the ob,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
The new Cherry is awesome; it makes me want to get one.

Considering that, I had an idea. Why not offer the purchase of only the Zap unit by itself without the accessories such as the power supply, stems, aroma flower, tubing, etc.? This would be an attractive option for those that already have a Zap or two and just want another Zap itself without the accessories. This option could offer the Zap only (without accessories) at a reduced cost. :)

What do you all think, especially Rick?

Lycanthrope,

Rick

Zapman
We can do that wolfman. I will ponder a number today and get something up.
The Cherrys will be bench tested for several days before leaving here. The one with the knot did a crack on us after 3 days so we will watch them very closely.
I have no clue as to exact temperature but I do know stem tip pack and draw will vary the actual vape air temp through the stem tip contents.

Rick,

finch

Lycanthrope said:
The new Cherry is awesome; it makes me want to get one.

Considering that, I had an idea. Why not offer the purchase of only the Zap unit by itself without the accessories such as the power supply, stems, aroma flower, tubing, etc.? This would be an attractive option for those that already have a Zap or two and just want another Zap itself without the accessories. This option could offer the Zap only (without accessories) at a reduced cost. :)

What do you all think, especially Rick?

yeah this idea rocks, I would totally start collecting more zaps if I could get them by themselves :o

awesome idea

I WANT A FAMLY OF ZAPS

finch,

aero18

vaporist
Rick, what sandpaper grit do you use to get the Zaps so smooth? Mine has a few dings and scratches on it and I would like to get it looking new again.

aero18,

the ob

all good in the hood.
aero18 said:
Rick, what sandpaper grit do you use to get the Zaps so smooth? Mine has a few dings and scratches on it and I would like to get it looking new again.

I think this is an excellent question. I personally do not have any dings on mine (they are my babies) but have wondered the same thing.

The barebones zap idea is also excellent. of course that might mean I have enough zaps soon to be able to open a zap museum.:D

the ob,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
A couple really good questions have been raised, I see this new flavor of Zap and its got me pondering an addition, the question bout the zap alone is a good one, also care of the dings and such, that does suck when you get one, I would start off with 400 grit paper, better to take to little than too much, rick finishes them really well, should just take some rubbing with that paper and finish off with some 0000 wool, if its not deep that should do ya,

Ed's TnT,

Rick

Zapman
Ed is right on with the 400 grit, then some steel wool. If you have a decent nick in the wood, use 220 grit first, then go to the 400 grit. The ZaPolish will gum up the paper til you get it all off the spot you are working on. I like to use used sandpaper to get down to bare wood.
Got the message on single Zaps. I will get them up in a day or two. I have to be sure my pricing all makes sense before I come up with the right number. It will be the same for all Zaps.
Good idea Wolfman and others. Just super busy for the next couple days.................. I have to shift modes to get the Zap only product up. Today is an outside day.........................

Rick,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
I'm really happy about taking me up on the Zap only option. I think that it will become a popular option among the Zap lovers. :)

Mom and Ob, this should be an incentive to get some more Zaps for your collection especially the new Cherry.

I'll probably get a cherry sometime in the near future.

Lycanthrope,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Lycanthrope, the truth of the matter is that I probably will get one. Seeing that I am an addictive personality and a collector, the odds are stacked against me. :lol:

Add to that my love of wood and call me crazy, but yes, I could definitely see another Zap in my future.........

Now the question is, who will be first? Ob or me?

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

the ob

all good in the hood.
I have three currently. I guess I will probably have to even things out and make it four......
just not today:)

the ob,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Mom & Ob:
The introduction of the cherry Zap will make a fine addition to your other myrtalwoods.

Lycanthrope,

Rick

Zapman
Zap only is up on our website now.
With the discount code it is right at $110 delivered and includes a small tin of ZaPolish.
Same price for the softwood as it is more difficult to turn than the hardwoods.

Rick,

reece

Hey Rick, I just got an idea. Don't know how if it is practical but here goes: What about periodically offering different wood species on a limited basis. If/When you come across something nice that is suitable for Zaps, as you did with the Cherry, they could be limited edition units. The Cherry could be the first in the limited edition line. I know you said you have lots of Cherry, so there would obviously be lots of those limited edition units. But sometime in the future you may come across a smaller supply of Amboyna burl (just an example, not sure if that wood would work) so there would be less. It would all depend on what you find and how much of it there is. I don't know, just a thought.

Maybe I'm just looking for excuses to have more Zaps. "I have to get that one, there's only a limited supply. Ooooh, look at that one..."

I also have an idea for the Zap glass. How about a glass stem with a male ground glass connection (14 and 18) on the "mouthpiece end" which would fit the female ground glass on most bongs/bubblers etc? This is an idea that came to me while working on a project I've had in mind.

reece,

Rick

Zapman
reece
We do appreciate all new and old ideas for improving our offerings to customers. Some we like and try and they work. Some we think are OK ideas. Some will not fit well like different woods.
One thing I have learned very well over the last couple years is the importance of wood density when building a log type vape. I had not been so aware of that in the past as we always used Western Hemlock, a softwood, so wood density was not an issue. Hardwoods are much different in that if too dense they can act as a heat sink and pull heat away from the central heater.
I am not into experimenting with different woods. I do not have the time or the inclination to do so. The Cherry trees came to us way back when I was only thinking of boards for furniture or a bar, etc. After a few months around FC it became very clear that Cherry wood is right in the perfect density range for log vapes. So we cut the Cherry trees into turning blocks.
I am not much of an experimenter. I will take an idea and try it but will fold 'em very quickly if the idea does not pencil out. So for now it is Myrtle and Cherry, the two sweet lady twins, for my hardwood offerings.
I will offer specials on occasion if I get enough time to build a few units ahead so they will be immediately available. So far we have not found that time.
The Tooty was an idea that did good. Simple and efficient with a good base of customer demand. Also works well to add to a deluxe package. I think your glass idea is great for you but demand from my perspective would be minimal. We offer a main glass stem and an economy version. I am really not into trying to offer all the hook up glass, etc for other devices. I'm sure there is some market for it but I am not interested.
See, more opportunities all the time. Where is the EU log vape?

Rick,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
All that talk about different flavors is a great idea, you all know I like variety, nothing like it! It is hard though to introduce different woods into functional pieces, I understand where Rick is coming from, some different woods look great but when you go to working them they can go to hell really quick. I have always wanted to use to South American Snakewood, it is a dark wood that has these amazing blots that resemble snake skin and some are so brilliant that it cant be wood but it is, looks great and polishes even finer, but it cracks like hell and often needs glue to hold it together. I have tried it a few times and just wound up wasting a bunch of money.

I did send Rick a chunk of Royal Blue Mahoe a while back, it had a little moisture in it and Rick said it cracked right through the middle damn near every time, I know he was able to one out of it that wound up in wrong hands, and he let me know a while back that he did have one left, that he offered to me, you know I had to jump at it, I got it yesterday and must say that it is one the most unique Zaps I have seen yet, it has a small workable know it the side of it, a small wood separation I think, and even some bug holes, but I do have to say it has the most personality between the two I have. Rick even threw in a tooty that is equally as nice, reminds me of when I had a nice small glass bong I once had.

I hope to get some pics of this MahoeZap to show off soon, I am sure you all will like it as much as I do.

Ed's TnT,

reece

Rick said:
...I will offer specials on occasion if I get enough time to build a few units ahead so they will be immediately available. So far we have not found that time.

That's all I was suggesting with the wood idea. If somethings falls into your lap and it works for Zaps...Not saying you should go out of your way to find special wood (that's momofthegoons' job ;) )...I know your plate is full... :)

reece,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
How bout this baby!
100_1562.jpg

Ed's TnT,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
That is a STUNNING piece of wood Ed!! Congrats!! It's a beauty!

Lo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I think it is naked, all I did was buff it before I shot it, Rick may have waxed it, am not sure, it is sweet!

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom