Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Screwdriver

Lycanthrope said:
Has anyone seen the beautiful wood stems (tubes) that are now available from Ed's Toke & Totes, or am I behind the times and everyone has seen them? The myrtal wood stems match the MZ perfectly. and come with a replaceable brass tip. He also has stems made from Cocobolo that look awesome. I love anything made from wood and this wood looks great!! :D
Yeah, I saw them....just waiting to pull the trigger. He has a bunch of stuff I want.

Screwdriver,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Actually, I bought one of each of Ed's stems. The cocobolo is my favorite of the two. It's a nice contrast with the myrtlewood of the Zap. :)

And to finally answer your question ob....no, this is not what I was talking about. You will just have to be patient. :D

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

reece

How would one reclaim the resin from those wood tubes? Clean it with the pipe cleaner then soak the pipe cleaner in alcohol?

reece,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
reece, I'm not sure that you could reclaim it. It's not as if you could soak them in alcohol like you do the glass; I don't think that would be good for the wood. So maybe not?

momofthegoons,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Reece and Mom,
I use a silicone ear plug in the brass stem end of my Tooty, it fits perfectly and completely seals up the end. Then I add Everclear (ethanol) about half full, place my right thumb over the mouthpiece end and shake like hell for about 5 minutes. This puts the stem resin into solute very quickly. Then I put the mouthpiece end into a funnel remove my thumb and drain all the goodies into my Green Dragon bottle. I would imagine that the wood stems could be cleaned the same way, as the Everclear would never touch or otherwise make contact with the outside wood. This would clean the stem, and provide you with goodies at the same time.

Lycanthrope,

reece

Thanks y'all. Five minutes may be too long though. Maybe a much shorter wash. I'd still wonder about messing up the wood in the long run.

That is a good tip about the ear plugs. That would also work with the stock stems. Great idea.

But, I noticed on Ed's site a pipe cleaner comes with the wood stems for cleaning. I was thinking of cleaning the stem and then soaking the pipe cleaner in alcohol to reclaim the resin but I'm not sure about what pipe cleaners are made of. It seems that it varies.

reece,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
The ear plugs are made of silicone and therefore seal very well. The 5-min shaking probably isnt necessary but I do it just to make sure. The next time I'll fill with Everclear let set for 1/2-hour then shake for about 1 min. Just be careful about contacting the wood with the Everclear.
Using the pipe cleaner to clean resin out followed by soaking the pipe cleaner in the Everclear then shaking, and finally squeezing out the pipe cleaner Everclear residue into the bottle would work. Ask Ed if the pipe cleaners are stable in alcohol. If he dosn't know then just do a soaking test in alcohol to see what happens.

Lycanthrope,

reece

Thanks for the help. I'll test it out and see what happens. I'd really like one of those tubes. I guess I could live without reclaiming (gasp!).

reece,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
The pipe cleaners provided with the wood stems are, I believe, synthetic and colored. I feel that might leach into the alcohol. My vote is not to worry about reclaiming it. At least not from those pipe cleaners. Maybe some made of natural fibers? Since I use a variety of stems, it isn't a big issue for me. That said, there's probably a way to do it. I would think this is a question better posed to Ed?

momofthegoons,

reece

Thanks mom, I agree with you on the synthetic, colored pipe cleaners. They make some for medical purposes, and there are some made with cotton (maybe the same). I'll look into it. I think the arts and crafts type are definitely out of consideration. Maybe I can just learn to accept that you can't reclaim everything.... Why does that sound sacrilegious?

reece,

Rick

Zapman
We have a good reclaim story related to coming home from the wedding but it will have to wait. I will say that the favorite bottle, the one at 150 proof with a giant nug in it, was left at the wedding party because of a last second thought on the part of my oldest son. It's a good thing.
I have sure been busy at this effing keyboard over the last few days. Lots of fun doing stuff I have never done before. I will say now we are getting very close. Not sure what I will do with myrtleglass.com, maybe just a gallery, maybe nothing. The new gig will all be at aromazap.com. I want to say a few short days at the most but am a bit sketchy about that due to our past broken promises. It is very close though. First time in our history that part of our business will be the way it should be.
Most of the work is on our storefront but I have been tidying up text on our old site too.
Needless to say, FC folks will be the first to know when we roll out.

Rick,

sgvpunk

Hey guys so i finally took my MZ for its maiden voyage :lol: . I absolutely love this thing, and couldn't be happier with my purchase. It is a really beautiful piece and once i get my hands on a camera that can take pictures that do it justice i will post them. Thanks rick for making such a wonderful product. Also thank you to all you board members that left such wonderful feedback, you all played a major role in me deciding to get one. Thank you, Cheers!!!

sgvpunk,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Maybe I can just learn to accept that you can't reclaim everything.... Why does that sound sacrilegious?
reece, I totally get where you are coming from. I can't even throw out the tiniest bit of ABV. :lol:

Rick, it sounds as if things are really starting to happen in Zapville. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes to the site.

And last, but not least, soooo glad to hear you love your new Zap sgvpunk! I never doubted that you would, but it's always nice to hear. Enjoy! ;)

momofthegoons,

vcasal2

So i just received my 13.5 volt with a couple extra stems today. I must admit i really dig the milkshake. With the 12v i gotta use like 3 or four stems to get where i want. With the 13.5, however, after 1 it seems like im almost past it. The taste is definitely much worse and im probably going to go back to the 12v after a little more breaking in, but im glad i ordered it just in case.

One thing im sort of curious about. It was about 2 years since my friends A-Zap died and i got my M-Zap.I've already talked about how the A-Zap produced some thicker vapor but im also remembering it was very smooth and you could barely feel it. Now after a hit of vapor (with the 12v or 13.5) thick or not, i am coughing violently after (like worse than i've ever coughed from combustion). I would think im not one of those sensitive people as i could really take a bong hit without coughing at all. Any suggestions? I've tried using the food grade tubing to cool the vapor down a bit that doesn't help to much. I'm trying to avoid an expensive glass setup.

vcasal2,

disco

vcasal2 said:
So i just received my 13.5 volt with a couple extra stems today. I must admit i really dig the milkshake. With the 12v i gotta use like 3 or four stems to get where i want. With the 13.5, however, after 1 it seems like im almost past it. The taste is definitely much worse and im probably going to go back to the 12v after a little more breaking in, but im glad i ordered it just in case.

One thing im sort of curious about. It was about 2 years since my friends A-Zap died and i got my M-Zap.I've already talked about how the A-Zap produced some thicker vapor but im also remembering it was very smooth and you could barely feel it. Now after a hit of vapor (with the 12v or 13.5) thick or not, i am coughing violently after (like worse than i've ever coughed from combustion). I would think im not one of those sensitive people as i could really take a bong hit without coughing at all. Any suggestions? I've tried using the food grade tubing to cool the vapor down a bit that doesn't help to much. I'm trying to avoid an expensive glass setup.
It just sounds like you're taking in way too much vapor at once. I believe the general rule of thumb is to stop inhaling once you feel the vapor "expanding" in your lungs... if not, you're going to have a coughing fit.

disco,

B.

War Criminal
vcasal2 said:
I'm trying to avoid an expensive glass setup.
Thats like trying to avoid a BJ! :p

You can get a nice little glass bong over at Aqualab for ~$50. Or the EHLE's on EDIT are good and inexpensive.

Rick- I never properly thanked you for the clear stem you sent me. THANKS!!!!!!

I ordered a clear Tootie about a month back, and the Tootie Rick's blower produced wasn't up to Rick's standards, but he sent it to me anyway and let me know he was having his guy blow me a new one right away. So now I have 2 clear Tooties, both fully functional, but only one Rick approved. I would have never known of the less than stellar nature of the 1st Tootie had Rick not told me, and would have been ok with it, but now I'm ultra super satisfied and more of an advocate than ever. Rick-you're the man.

B.,

sgvpunk

Does anybody know a good way to connect the MZ to a bong? I'm interested to see how a water filtered MZ rip will taste/feel like. Any suggestions/links would be appreciated.

sgvpunk,

B.

War Criminal
the stock stem makes a great seal on my 14 mm gong

or tubing works well too

B.,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
B. said:
vcasal2 said:
I'm trying to avoid an expensive glass setup.
Thats like trying to avoid a BJ! :p

You can get a nice little glass bong over at Aqualab for ~$50. Or the EHLE's on EDIT are good and inexpensive.

Rick- I never properly thanked you for the clear stem you sent me. THANKS!!!!!!

I ordered a clear Tootie about a month back, and the Tootie Rick's blower produced wasn't up to Rick's standards, but he sent it to me anyway and let me know he was having his guy blow me a new one right away. So now I have 2 clear Tooties, both fully functional, but only one Rick approved. I would have never known of the less than stellar nature of the 1st Tootie had Rick not told me, and would have been ok with it, but now I'm ultra super satisfied and more of an advocate than ever. Rick-you're the man.
RICK IS THE MAN!!

Ed's TnT,

the ob

all good in the hood.
hello everyone.

I have not been on here as much lately as I am moving my business and there is a lot to do. SGV, welcome and enjoy. so this is going to sound funny, but I am actually thinking about ordering another MZ or maybe two to use as an aromatherapy device exclusively in my place of business. I like the idea of having a signature smell and thought this would be the perfect way to do it.

How often do all of you use your devices for this purpose? I would want the zaps to be as stealth as possible so I would probably get ones that have cleaner lines (like my last one which I love)

just curious. I miss being here all the time. I hate working every day. owning your own business is often great/lousy at the same time.

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hey ob, you've been missed! :) I figured you might be busy, or out enjoying the summer. Moving a business is a drag, I well know. Hopefully, things will get in order soon for you.

I use my Zap as a diffuser all the time. In fact, I was just thinking about hitting the down state Whole Foods next time I'm down there and seeing what essential oils they carry. I love lavender, but you know how I like my choices. And hey, having them at you office for aromatherapy would be really handy, just in case you need to use them otherwise. After hours, of course! I'm dropping you an email regarding something you might be interested in. ;)

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
Hey ob, you've been missed! :) I figured you might be busy, or out enjoying the summer. Moving a business is a drag, I well know. Hopefully, things will get in order soon for you.

I use my Zap as a diffuser all the time. In fact, I was just thinking about hitting the down state Whole Foods next time I'm down there and seeing what essential oils they carry. I love lavender, but you know how I like my choices. And hey, having them at you office for aromatherapy would be really handy, just in case you need to use them otherwise. After hours, of course! I'm dropping you an email regarding something you might be interested in. ;)
awww. shucks. good to know you noticed I have not been here as much. I will look forward to hearing from you. Of course I would never use during business hours. Oh yeah, I am the boss. I guess there is a perk to owning your own business.

the ob,

Key

yesterday i dropped my myrtlezap on the ground in the garage, I tripped over the wire and it yanked to the ground, it got a battle scar on the top rim, and now is a little lose inside and seems to be WAY hotter, i think it might even be burning(combusting) my herb

Key,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Key, I'm sorry to hear it. Unless you have ash, however, you are not combusting. If you are worried, you need to contact Rick directly. Shoot him an email.

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
Key
Mom is correct, get in touch with me. No worries as we cover drops or whatever with our guarantee.

We can start by having you get that heatport tight with the clip, actually a 1" internal retaining ring, not a clip. We like to use something round like a deep mechanic socket or a 3/4 " copper coupling for copper pipe, available at any hardware store. Put the Zap on a firm surface. Put the bushing or socket over the internal retaining ring(pick a size that will rest on the retaining ring, NOT the top plate of the heatport). Give the bushing/socket/coupling a couple firm raps with a hammer to re-seat the heatport and retaining ring. The bushing/socket will seat the retaining ring in one procedure, quick and easy. Works for all log vapes BTW.
If that does not stop the rattle and bring it to where you want it, let me know. We will fix it.

Rick,
Top Bottom