Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I am a little slow today as with many days here, just keeping up is a task and I am not doing that very well.

As luck would have it. I am about to introduce these new wooden stash boxes that are imports but are very well hand made imports with the most intricate designs. These things have a tight closure and a felt lining in the bottom and are available in various sizes and are quite cheap. I should have the pics back from the photographer in the morning and hopefully loaded at my site and ready for sale that afternoon. I really gotta say that I have looked at different stash boxes and and some looked like shitty imports and others were very well made in the US but hella expensive and no one would buy em, but these are very very nice and not that costly. Very nice shit!

Also hope to have some wooden tubes spun out within a few weeks.

Ed's TnT,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Thanks everybody for all the nice comments. Ive had the small wolf stash box for about 7-years now. The top cover is held closed with a small magnet. My large stash box is also wood, thats where I keep my bud before grinding and then put the ground herb in to my medium or small stash boxes also wood. Ill draw my ground herb from the medium or small boxes as it's the perfect size and shape to do that.
Everything I have is wood. I absolutely love the MZ as it blends in and compliments all of my other stuff. I made a cleaning tray out of a small strong cardboard box and covered it with wood grain contact paper. If I could get some wood stems from Ed that would really be bitchen, then everything would be wood. Ed, you ought to think about making some small stash boxes.
I couldn't be happier with the MZ, even though I have about a two week wait before I can use it.

Lycanthrope,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Modnote: Sorry Ed, but the same rules apply to manufacturers. Your post above is already pushing it on cross posting.

# No spamming. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums.

Ed's TnT,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I am very interested to see the dark wood pics today and supposedly one of those is mine if I want it.

sorry for asking ed a question in this thread as I probably started the exchange with him that got his hand slapped.

Modnote: If you have a question for Ed about his products, just post it in his thread. :)

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
Glad to see the Mods are keeping us all doing it right. It does run alot smoother and stays on topic that way.
OK, here are a couple of shots of 9 turned Zaps. The two at each end on the top are maple and available if anybody wants one. All the rest of the wood is from the "old" Myrtle wood local score. Stored in Idaho for close to 40 years. The two darker ones on the right were from some slabs I got from him a couple months ago and just ripped into turning blocks a couple weeks ago. The rest are all from the one slab that I just got from him last week. The majority of that wood will be different shades of chocolate. The lighter, darker line then darker wood is from the edge of the slab. You can see from the top grain where the tree went through some trauma for a few years then made darker wood for the rest of its years. I am turning all the Zaps close to my top diameter spec(2 9/16") now to balance out the new heatport that provides more stored heat.
Anybody in line for dark out there, let me know by Email if you see something you like.
Two shots with different lighting. These are not bored yet. I hand sanded what I thought would make a good front and hit them with a very light ZaPolish to bring out the grain just a little for the picture. They will be hand sanded again to finish them.
olddark001.jpg

olddark004.jpg

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I am supposed to choose and I cannot. I like the second from the left because of the cool line. I also like all three from the right. the first because it is two tone, the second because it is SUPER dark like walnut and the third because of the grain patterns. I have said it before and will say it again, I hate making decisions. I am too old to be so bad at that...

edit

rick is taking care of me. he is just going to decide. I may not be the biggest pain in the ass customer ever, but I have bugged him a bit for sure.

the ob,

HeySlick

the ob said:
I am supposed to choose and I cannot. I like the second from the left because of the cool line. I also like all three from the right. the first because it is two tone, the second because it is SUPER dark like walnut and the third because of the grain patterns. I have said it before and will say it again, I hate making decisions. I am too old to be so bad at that...
Just buy them all :lol: Its the easiest way.

HeySlick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
HeySlick said:
the ob said:
Just buy them all :lol: Its the easiest way.
please don't tempt me. This is number two and I feel like it might not be my last. I just need to keep ahead of mom and AG. mom is making it tough..

lycanthrope,
you situation (being dry) is killing me. I wish you lived nearby. I would invite you over. seeing that setup everyday has to be torture.

the ob,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
The Ob, Yea it's pretty bad, but good things come to those who wait. I just keep telling myself that. Ive been running it 24/7 and keeping it well buttered up with the Zap Polish. Ill keep that up until I get some fuel for it in about 2 weeks. I figure that should season the wood somewhat and maybe make it run a bit hotter.

Something interesting to ponder:
I have a theory about the small hairline cracks that sometimes plague the wood log type Vapes. I think that cracks have a greater propensity to develop if the wood Vape goes through thermal cycling rather than leaving it on 24/7 thereby maintaining a stable temperature. Thermal cycling would then of course be caused by turning the vape on and off. As it heats up the wood and the heater assembly expand, when it cools down it contracts. This cycling of hot to cold, expansion and contraction causes stress at a stress riser which in this case would be centered around the top where the hole is.
One other theory though not as probable is that as the wood heats up it drives off moisture causing the wood to shrink and crack at the most probable stress riser, the top at the hole. Of course the older the wood is at the time of construction the drier it would be and less likely to shrink and crack I could be wrong and I could be crazy but thats my theory for what its worth. :2c:
Sometimes I think about things that nobody else gives a shit about.

Lycanthrope,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Lycanthrope said:
The Ob, Yea it's pretty bad, but good things come to those who wait. I just keep telling myself that.
isn't that exactly what people who are waiting for something always tell themselves :lol:

the ob,

the ob

all good in the hood.
deleted

sorry that was an accident. I was just trying to delete the message that was not supposed to be there.

Modnote: Please do not delete modnotes. Again, please review the forum rules.

# Forum moderators may leave notes on posts to remind members of forum rules. Do not edit or remove these modnotes.

the ob,

HeySlick

ob have you been applying the polish since you got yours.. I have and it looks pretty shiny I do it when it is hot....

HeySlick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
HeySlick said:
ob have you been applying the polish since you got yours.. I have and it looks pretty shiny I do it when it is hot....
yes I have been doing that. it definitely has more of a matte surface. do you just rub it on with your hands or do you polish it with something?

the ob,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
NotSoModnote: Sorry AG, you are way too secksee for us here. While we maintain ultimate authority, you hold the title of extra seckseeness. That is all

AGBeer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
the ob said:
HeySlick said:
yes I have been doing that. it definitely has more of a matte surface. do you just rub it on with your hands or do you polish it with something?
I like to lather my Zap in Zappolish and let it sit for a couple of days to let it shine and to let the wax work its way in. I then usually grab a towel and gently wipe it off.

And yes, the Zappolish works well on other wooden vapes. Ive polished my supreme before with very nice results.

AGBeer,

Screwdriver

AGBeer said:
the ob said:
HeySlick said:
I like to lather my Zap in Zappolish and let it sit for a couple of days to let it shine and to let the wax work its way in. I then usually grab a towel and gently wipe it off.

And yes, the Zappolish works well on other wooden vapes. Ive polished my supreme before with very nice results.
I don't leave my MZ on 24/7....I usually plug her in when I get home from work. I am anal about shit being plugged in all the time etc. Anyhow when she is hot and I am done with her, I apply a coating of zappolish.

She is looking really nice.......Few more coats and I will hold off till maybe once a month.

Screwdriver,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
please don't tempt me. This is number two and I feel like it might not be my last. I just need to keep ahead of mom and AG. mom is making it tough..
:lol: Just trying to set a good example ob..... you keep this up and you will pass me fast. Definitely a case of Zap envy..... :brow:

Those are some beauties for sure Rick. Good thing I already have my next one one the way or I might be tempted too. I really like the one on the right. Very nice. But, I'm looking forward to seeing my "new gal" in the next day or so.....pics to come folks! ;)

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

the ob

all good in the hood.
just received my tootyfrooty in the mail today. will test it out tonight with initial reactions tomorrow. words cannot describe how cool the removable tip is. I was not sure if I was going to like it or I guess my thought is that I would probably just leave it in all the time and not mess with it. In actuality it goes in very easily with a perfect tight fit. It does not feel as though it is going to move at all. It comes out with great ease as well. I will probably always have another tip waiting to swap out.

very smart design. very nice looking and I think very reasonably priced for what you are getting.

mini-review to come. first impressions are excellent.

thanks rick. :D

the ob,

HeySlick

Totally LoVe mY TootyFrooty. The mouthpiece looks like a delicious tasting LifeSaver. I got mine today also.. Thanks Zap Man & LaDy

Update: Also I love the way it hits and you can see the VaPor <<ItsGlass>> Way beTTer Than the OeM....definitely recommend. Rick are all of them lifesaver shaped ? I like the shape I thought they were round. Ob or anybody who has 1 have you tried to load the stem from the other side it makes it a bigger bowl I haven't tried yet just a thought

HeySlick,

Rick

Zapman
HeySlick and ob. thanks for the words on the tootys. We still have some red and blue ones in stock and plan on keeping them as part of our inventory. Not sure about flipping the tip. If you do that, you will have way too big a "bowl" for the herb. I doubt it would vape right. These things are designed so that each "chamber" flows well with the rest of the unit. If you lay a bowl on it that is 2-3 times normal, my guess is there will not be enough heat to vape the load properly.
We are using Tootys all the time now. They cool the vapor and enable larger pulls. Most still in stock are lifesaver shaped mouthpiece.
Looks like first class mail is working well as they were shipped Saturday. That is helping save a couple bucks over priority mail.
Bunch more Myrtles leaving Zapville today.

Rick,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
AGBeer said:
NotSoModnote: Sorry AG, you are way too secksee for us here. While we maintain ultimate authority, you hold the title of extra seckseeness. That is all
This was a really funny thing to randomly see :lol:

sneezyjesus,

the ob

all good in the hood.
tootyfrooty (mini) review:

works just as advertised by AG and mom. perfect glass stem. will definitely be my go to tube. everyone should have one. they are so reasonably priced everyone should add one to your order. I was a little surprised when I saw the mouthpiece as it is "flattened" a bit and I thought they would be round. it is like a little lifesaver as people have mentioned. I will still use the econo version occasionally but I love this one.

I cannot wait to see future versions. I would still like a clear glass version of the tootyfrooty. maybe just called the tooty? (since we are taking the frooty out)

lastly I would like a carrier or sheath of some kind that I could use to protect the stem when not in use.

go get one (if you have not already) this is not a paid advertisement......

I am guessing one of the zaps that went out today is my second darker one. cannot wait. thanks rick.

the ob,

HeySlick

In my opinion you dont hve to hit as hard as the oem stem and you get bigger and cooler hits...You get clouds :ko:

HeySlick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Okay boys and girls....my new Zap arrived. I have to say that this one's a beauty. I'm sure by now, you all know I'm one of those kooks that see all kinds of things in the grain of wood, clouds, ink blots, etc. But I will be very interested in hearing what those of you who also see images will see. So, without further ado, I present:

[/URL

I want to add that the new design that Rick has developed definitely runs hotter than the old style. I have not had to use the 13.5 at all for this Zap and have been getting big clouds. IMO, this will eliminate any "break in period" that there was in the past and the need for the 13.5. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes
Top Bottom