Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

the ob

all good in the hood.
ordering zaps is addictive. I ordered my second one last week. it is really easy to go zap crazy because everyone you are going to get will be different. I am excited to see how my next one turns out.

as MOM said, one in every room.........

colonelforbin said:
just gt it, warming up now
couple questions, what is in the little blue vial? also, should i add zapolish to it now, or was there already some applied? thanks
you probably want to apply it when it is warm anyway because I think it helps the polish to seep into the wood.

the ob,

HeySlick

Can you use Zapolish on my MFLB. Aslo can't believe how small the bowl is compared to the LB. The Zap is very efficient can't wait for my glass

HeySlick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
HeySlick, I don't know if I would recommend putting anything on the LB. It really doesn't need it. But I can't see that it would hurt. That might be better answered by Magic Flight. I'm sure if you email them, they will respond.

Screwdriver - all us gals love Rick's wood. You'll just have to get used to it. ;)

aero, I'm not sure how hot it gets with the 13.5, but I know that the last Zap I got has the new heat port and started smoking when left on it inadvertently after a session, so I think it can get pretty damn hot. I would only use the 13.5 to "get it going" in the beginning and then switch it over to the 12v for the remainder of the session, or for sure when you are done. This has never happened with my "old style" Zap, but it also can run pretty hot on the 13.5 now that she has matured. I find I don't use the 13.5 very often anymore.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

OC513

Dabaholic
In the MF thread I asked about putting mineral oil, like used for cutting boards in the kitchen, on the Launch Box and MF responded back that mineral oil every few months is indeed a good thing to do, it keeps the wood conditioned......so I would imagine zap polish or any other all natural wood conditioner would be good as well.

OC513,

Rick

Zapman
All the glass that was ordered Friday has been shipped Saturday along with a few Zaps. Those packages should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.
I will be opening up that dark slab today so will get an idea of what we are looking at. Going to be about 100 units in that chunk of wood alone. No need to get in any hurry ordering as it will be around for awhile plus there is the second slab with about 70 Zaps in it. We also have some of the original wood we got from the same source and the good old beach wood with very beautiful grain characteristics.
The normal June slowdown has started at the Farmers Market, that time between folks wanting plants and us having produce to sell. That is a good thing as I got to stay home and get orders out while Pat and son did the Farmers Market yesterday. Also a good thing because we are running behind at Zapville, over a week out now. We are doing quite a bit more than our average weekly production and still getting behind. We do appreciate all the support. Zapville has had this shining light blasting us to busydom over the last several months. Not much time to even think about what I want to think about. It's a good thing though.
mom, did you mean the unit itself smoked or it smoked the herb when you left it on the 13.5? I probably will not order any more 13.5s as I think they will soon be close to obsolete, related to Zap use anyway.

Rick,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
I received my Zap yesterday and It was exactly what I expected, really nice. :) I wanted Rick to pick out something on the dark side, and he came through quite well. It's got some good standout grain with dark/light highlights. I also liked the copper flower with the dragonfly for the aroma oil. I plugged it in and used the Zap Polish 5 times since I got it. That stuff really works great. The quality in construction and detail is self evident; one doesn't have to look very close. Theres just one problem that I'm not very happy about; I'm completely dry, no herb for me. :mad: Ill have some in two weeks, but I have to go 332 mi one way to get it. :o Oh well, it's going to make a nice ride on my bike. I'm going to let the Zap run 24/7 on the 12v until then, polishing at least once daily facilitating its initial break in. Ill have a new Zap report after I have something to put in it. It's a bit like having a new Cadillac and no gas to put in it. :(

Lycanthrope,

the ob

all good in the hood.
lycanthrope,
pics would be cool if you have them. it looks like maybe you tried to post some because I can see the img brackets at the end. I am certainly no pic posting expert (as you can see from my past threads) but would love to see some if you have them.

I cannot believe you are dry and have a new zap to look at. that is literally my version of a living hell.......

the ob,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
The ob,
Yea it's a living hell, but Ive had worse. I'll be getting some high end mids for $200 oz. Ive had the same before and it's pretty good for the $200. It smells like a strong skunk. Never vaped before so this will be the first time and I know the quality of the herb I'm putting in it so I'll have a benchmark to judge the vapeing with.

I took quite a bit of pics yesterday along with my new Rosewood grinder from Ed's. They look absolutely stunning together. One other thing that I failed to mention in my last post is that the brass used in the stem and heater is a good match for the wood color. It has a warm appearance complimenting the entire unit.

I dont know how to do a pic posting here, as Ive never had to post any pics before outside of e-mails. I always had a graphics department to do that for me, but now I'm retired. I saved all of the pics so I have them for copy, transfer, or whatever. I downloaded them yesterday and attached them to an e-mail to my bud, son, and my sister to show off my new Zap.
My wife always says that only the simplest things escape me.

Lycanthrope,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Rick, I wasn't there when the Zap started smoking, but asked the birthday boy and he said that the Zap was not in use, but sitting on the table stemless after a session. Now, he did admit there might have been a little herb that had fallen onto the screen but it also felt very hot to the touch. I've noticed that up here at the cottage (where it happened) the electrical grid runs a little stronger. My Zap, which is the older model, runs much hotter here than at home. That might have been a big contributor. He still uses the 13.5 to "kick start" his Zap (as he puts it) and then switches over to the 12 when using it. Once I get my new Zap this week, I'll bring it up here and we'll have a real basis for comparison.

Lycanthrope, my condolences on your lack of herb. Hang in there! The instructions for posting pics are here:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=181

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
love my zap and love the zapolish that comes with it. I was noticing that in some of the older pictures that the zaps have a glossy finish to them. I was wondering if that was from the flax oil that rick used to send or if people are polishing them with a cloth to get them that way.

the ob,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
I tried to post two pics of my Zap using Image Shack. I sucessfuly downloaded my pics from my file to Image Shack, then followed instructions as provided. But don't know if they will show up. Below is what I copied from Image Shack Forum Thumbnail Code and then pasted in below:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lycanthrope,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Well I guess I just answered my own question, It worked. It's so simple even a caveman can do it. But now how do I get the pics to be larger as posted rather than having to click on the posted pic and go back to Image Shack to view a larger version?

Lycanthrope,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
That's a pretty piece and congrats on getting the pix posted.

There are several choices for forum code to copy/paste. One is for thumbnail and one for full image I believe.

Lo,

the ob

all good in the hood.
lycanthrope,
that is a real beauty. congrats on posting the pics. as Lo said in imageshack, there are picture posting size options.

the ob,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Lo, Thanks for the compliments. I went back to Image Shack and found out how to make the pics in a larger format. I'll post some additional larger pics of the new MZ when I get some more time. I have it cooking on the 12V supply along with a good coating of the Zap Polish. I put the Aroma flower in with some lavender oil and now my man cave smells quite nice, different than motorcycle oil and dogs.

Lycanthrope,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Lycanthrope, you got a beauty. The grinder looks really nice too. In your next pics, I would love to see the top of it.

momofthegoons,
Hey Wolfman!

You just pasted in the code for the "Embed Thumbnails of Image" rather than "Embed Image" directly above it. However, those are extremely high-res to embed in a forum. If you reduce their size to about 800X600 or so before uploading, they will look fine.

Howie Feltersnatch,

Rick

Zapman
Now Howie, I think you have too many cats around for you to smell correctly. We do supply Lavender ZaPolish AND Lemon ZaPolish. The lemon uses authentic essential oil for the aroma as does the Lavender. Pat will alternate which 'flavor' usually depending on if the customer is male or female. I guess lemon is more male compared to Lavender anyway.
Nice pic wolfman of a nice Zap. That one is from the "old" wood. Some of it is real classy.
I opened up the darker slab yesterday and turned a few units. It is what I describe as "chocolate". Not dark chocolate. When my buddy saw the slab, the room was not lighted well and it was much darker than the other slab is why he used the term "black". It is not black wood but is nice. I will post a pic later today of a few so we all can see what I am talking about. As I recall from the old days some of that real dark Myrtle is actually on the dense side for a good Zap. The wood I opened yesterday is perfect for Zap making. Wider grain and dense but not too dense. I will also add that this is not five star wood as far as "trippy or arty" is concerned. It is beautiful darker wood with nice grain characteristics but it is not "exotic" or burl like as some of the other wood we have seen. And there is lots of it. I cut about 1/3 of the slab up and have well over 30 turning blocks(Zaps) from that one piece.

Rick,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow Lycantrope you did get a sweet piece, I really like the color variations in that piece. should make for many good times in the future. Also that grinder looks just as nice as what I offer. You got your hands on a great combo of tools that will surely make way for better dayz!

Better Dayz, Better Dayz!

Ed's TnT,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Ed's TnT said:
Wow Lycantrope you did get a sweet piece, I really like the color variations in that piece. should make for many good times in the future. Also that grinder looks just as nice as what I offer. You got your hands on a great combo of tools that will surely make way for better dayz!

Better Dayz, Better Dayz!
ed,
love your product. would love to see you making some other pieces as well. stash boxes would be nice.

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ed, that is one of your pieces...have you been in the meddy jar this morning? :lol: It's a beautiful grinder too Lycanthrope. With your wolf stash box, you have a beautiful trio. I'm looking forward to seeing what Ed finally has to offer in stems for these Zaps too. Might make another good addition for you.

And I would love to see some stash boxes too ob. The dugouts Ed makes are beautiful, but don't serve my needs any more.

That sucking sound you hear is my poor husband's wallet. :p

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom