Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

reece

I don't have glass stems yet but, the everclear I had been soaking my stems in stopped working as a cleaner. It was a nice dark golden color. I evaporated it all and was left with more than a gram of amber hash oil.

chucku said:
V8, makes a killer bloody mary.
Blood Mary's are serious business. V8 by itself won't do the job. And, I believe it is a crime in about 12 states to use only tomato juice. ;)

I made a Bloody Maryjane once. I took a gram of kief, Blavod vodka, and V8. I simmered it for over half an hour. I used a shot of that to make the drink. Talk about white knuckling. I freaked out at first. It was coming on hard and fast. Once it leveled out everything was fine but damn it's so hard judging dosage with something like this. I wasn't trying to get that high. :lol:

reece,

chucku

Charles Urbane
reece said:
I don't have glass stems yet but, the everclear I had been soaking my stems in stopped working as a cleaner. It was a nice dark golden color. I evaporated it all and was left with more than a gram of amber hash oil.

chucku said:
V8, makes a killer bloody mary.
Blood Mary's are serious business. V8 by itself won't do the job. And, I believe it is a crime in about 12 states to use only tomato juice. ;)

I made a Bloody Maryjane once. I took a gram of kief, Blavod vodka, and V8. I simmered it for over half an hour. I used a shot of that to make the drink. Talk about white knuckling. I freaked out at first. It was coming on hard and fast. Once it leveled out everything was fine but damn it's so hard judging dosage with something like this. I wasn't trying to get that high. :lol:
Of course you also need Tabasco or El Yucateco (red habanero), celery salt, celery stalk or olives.

chucku,

Screwdriver

Question.....

What is the average MZ vape temp at? The reason I ask is that I have been experimenting with the MZ vape experience compared to the combustion experience with same strains. While I don't get the exact same feeling combusting indica as I do with the MZ, I can definitely tell the difference between Indicas and Sativas.

BTW, I have the new style MZ, which I take runs hotter on 12v then the old.

Screwdriver,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Yes Screwdriver, it is definitely hotter than the old style. Sorry I don't remember, but are you fairly new to vaping? While I can't tell you the temp the Zap is running at, I can tell you that the high from vaping is quite different from combusting; much more cerebral and energetic. You don't get what is commonly termed as "couch lock" and I've found that you don't get the tired, headachy feeling from using too much or all day. You would still be able to tell the difference between strains however.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

lwien

Rick, I'm curious. Seems like there are many here who are saying that the new design on the MZ's heat exchanger is causing it to run warmer than the original design. Can you shed some light on why that is? Just curious.

lwien,

Screwdriver

momofthegoons said:
Yes Screwdriver, it is definitely hotter than the old style. Sorry I don't remember, but are you fairly new to vaping? While I can't tell you the temp the Zap is running at, I can tell you that the high from vaping is quite different from combusting; much more cerebral and energetic. You don't get what is commonly termed as "couch lock" and I've found that you don't get the tired, headachy feeling from using too much or all day. You would still be able to tell the difference between strains however.
Yeah....last couple months. First a VG and then a LB.

Here is the deal....Before I got an MMC and was able to shop legally, I was never totally sure what herb I got....I was pretty sure when it was an Indica, but hybrids etc, not so sure. Some herb gave me the feeling I was looking for and others had a negative one. When I got my card I was buying grams of pretty much everything and found out I am really fond of Indicas. In fact, when I was able to compare strains and types, then all the smoking I did since the late 70's all came together and why I liked certain herb etc. Since I got a handle on what I like....Indicas and Indica Dominants, I have pretty much donated all my Sativas.

As it is now the MZ is my morning to early evening tool, but find the Couch Lock that I like in the late evening only comes with combustion. Next week I plan to only vap with the MZ and see how my sleep patterns run. I don't think I will have an issue since I found that even vapping with the MZ doesn't hit me like a Sativa...but doesn't knock me out like a good Indica.

BTW...I suffer from the occasional panic attacks....and sometime a really strong Sativa will bring one on, whereas a Indica can actually stop one. That's basically where I am coming from.

Screwdriver,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Rick said:
Finished a batch of heatports with the new washers Sunday, shipped a handful of Zaps yesterday and another today. More out before the weeks end should get us very close to caught up. The heatport construction process is much smoother and simpler and the nice wood we are into just makes it all that much more fun.
We also are picking up about 20% more mass in the new heatsink assembly with the same stack of washers. I changed both inner and outer dimensions from the stock washer with my custom order. The inner dimension allows the washer to fit over the heatport tube very tightly but still be pushed on by hand. The increased outer dimension fills the heatport chamber to a greater degree and also added to the total mass of the assembly. We find they seem to run a bit hotter although it is hard for us to tell because we seem to make the same vapor no matter what Zap we plug a stem into. They surely do keep on with the heated air longer than the original version with the extra mass in the heatport.
lwien, maybe this will answer your question a bit? I am sure rick will be able to shed some more light...

the ob,

the ob

all good in the hood.
lwien, I had to look back a bunch of pages. I just happened to remember that he had discussed it at some point. glad I could finally answer a question for you (for a change)...:lol:

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Nice to know even you can miss one lwien. ;)

Screwdriver, I understand exactly how you feel. When I first started vaping, I kept chasing after the buzz I had gotten while combusting, especially at night. Now that I've vaped exclusively for several months, I find I'm not missing it anymore. I get plenty high, if not higher than I used to when I combusted without that headachy feeling I was talking about. But that's me. Everyone's different. One thing I do at night, however, is add a "topping" of kief to my stemfull. It seems to intensify the buzz more for me, and helps me sleep. Another thing that I've found helps for sleep is wand hash. But again, that's me. :)

momofthegoons,

Screwdriver

momofthegoons said:

Screwdriver, I understand exactly how you feel. When I first started vaping, I kept chasing after the buzz I had gotten while combusting, especially at night. Now that I've vaped exclusively for several months, I find I'm not missing it anymore. I get plenty high, if not higher than I used to when I combusted without that headachy feeling I was talking about. But that's me. Everyone's different. One thing I do at night, however, is add a "topping" of kief to my stemfull. It seems to intensify the buzz more for me, and helps me sleep. Another thing that I've found helps for sleep is wand hash. But again, that's me. :)
Never tried vaping hash and am not a big saver of keif....How does the MZ do with hash? I have a few different types of hash lying around and never thought of using the MZ for that.

Screwdriver,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
It would depend on the type. I've used straight wand hash in it successfully. But it made a mess out of the screen in my stem after several times. I think the best way to use anything like hash in the MZ would be to sandwich it between two layers of herb. Just be careful not to pack it too tight. You're better off with several stems that draw well than one that doesn't. And I would make your ratio more herb than hash. You never know till you try.... ;)

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Without further ado I would like to present my brand new zap. This is one of those wonderful pieces that I am really afraid that the pictures will not do it justice. It is literally perfect in every way. It is funny if you had asked me I would have guessed that I would want a zap that has really unusual cool, trippy swirls and images. This one that I received was described as Rick as "classy". I am not sure another adjective would describe this beauty any better. here are pics and then more on her after the break.......

the last image is a photo of both for comparison. this is where things get interesting. my first zap was from found beach myrtle. it is MUCH lighter than the new one. the new one is really dense and has some weight to her. it feels really good in my hand. it is also quite a bit larger than the first one as you can see from the pics. this is going to sound cheesy, but I practically gasped when I first saw her. she is absolutely beautiful and I am sure rick could not have picked a more perfect zap for me.

BTW side note, rick mentioned that this was from the same slab as the one that he made his zap from. I guess I am glad this is a vaporizer and not a device used for combustion. that way I can avoid the "smoking rick's wood" comments.

I love her. thanks rick!

p.s. the benefit of buying more than one is that you get all the goodies all over again. I kinda forgot about that part.

the ob,

Screwdriver

Nice ob....!

She looks very similar to the one Rick sent me a couple weeks ago.....have to get a pic and post it.

Wait till you get a few coats of Zapwax on her.

Screwdriver,

aero18

vaporist
Ob, you have one that looks very similar to mine! Cheers on your new vape!

Lo: Don't go too off topic (talking about alcoholic drinks and watermelons). The mods here are militant about following the rules. :rolleyes:

aero18,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Your new zap is lovely Ob... Enjoy :D

Lo: Don't go too off topic (talking about alcoholic drinks and watermelons). The mods here are militant about following the rules.
Thanks for the warning Aero ;)

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
If I'm not mistaken ob, that's the one I thought I liked in Rick's picture. It's really nice. Unfortunately, your side by side pic didn't load. I would love to see the comparison.

BTW side note, rick mentioned that this was from the same slab as the one that he made his zap from. I guess I am glad this is a vaporizer and not a device used for combustion. that way I can avoid the "smoking rick's wood" comments.
Don't kid yourself ob...we're all smokin Rick's wood! :lol:

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
mom,
try to reload your page. I see all the pics from my end and I have looked on two different computers.

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Funny, I've tried a couple of times now. That pic just comes up gray. Very odd. Maybe I'm being spared additional Zap envy on my end. :lol:

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
Funny, I've tried a couple of times now. That pic just comes up gray. Very odd. Maybe I'm being spared additional Zap envy on my end. :lol:
weird. I really want you to see that. I am also in the process of loading one more pic of the dark side. look out for it.

added the dark side.

mom, I am pretty sure it is the one you liked as well.

lwien, thanks!

the ob,

B.

War Criminal
Screwdriver said:
momofthegoons said:

Never tried vaping hash and am not a big saver of keif...How does the MZ do with hash? I have a few different types of hash lying around and never thought of using the MZ for that.
Mom-totally agree. I usually cap my last stem of the night with a piece of QWISO, nice for going to sleep.

I thinkt the zap does hash really well, you just need to be sure to turn your MZ upside down so the hash doesn't drip into your zap. I almost always zap thru my bong, so I'm usually safe. I once had some hash drip in, but some iso solved that real quick.

Its weird, the hash just disappears when you vape it.

Seems like a lot of us are opting to leave the light off of our new zaps. I also requested no light, it just seems cooler.

B.,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Its weird, the hash just disappears when you vape it.
I know, right? It's like it goes back into the herb. I'm thinking of getting a mini beaker to try out (as well as more glass stems). I can't believe how into accessories I've gotten. I really thought I was over this. Prior to vaping, I had scaled down to a small pipe and occasional joints. This has gotten ridiculous.

Seems like a lot of us are opting to leave the light off of our new zaps. I also requested no light, it just seems cooler.
I just couldn't bring myself to ruin the grain. And with my Zaps, the "pictures" would have been wrecked. Can't have that.

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom