Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

the ob

all good in the hood.
myrtleglass is a great catchy name. I look forward to the review AG. I am sure these glass pieces are going to change our lives.....

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
I tried Zapglass first but it was taken. Kinda glad it worked out as it did because it is a bit more unique with Myrtle in the picture.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Nice new name Rick! Classy, just like Myrtle herself.

Took a trip north for the weekend. Plugged in my Zap when I got here. Hit it up and a couple of stems later realized that I hadn't changed it over to the 13.5 and I was getting huge hits. Looks like my Zap has finished it's break in period and is "going with the flow." :D

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

the ob

all good in the hood.
AGBeer said:
Hahahahaha I love the new name! Myrtleglass! I mean, Zapglass was cool but there is something about Myrtleglass that makes it just that much more personal for this vape.

Too cool - Review and some pics/vid will be coming soon :) Rick was nice enough to select me as one of his betas for these badboys. (Now Im super excited)
AG,
rick asked me to do a review of their "economy" model. I am really excited to be participating in the beta testing as well. I should have the piece by wednesday. I will use it and provide a full review of the piece. I am really excited to be able to purchase some of these great pieces when they come out. thanks rick!

the ob,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning all, hope all is well out there in your worlds.

I really like those glass tube you have Rick, I like the different lengths and especially the removable tips!

Rick said:
Now many will ask "but the stem tip slides easily in and out of the heatport tube so how do you keep the stem tip in the glass stem insert without it falling out?" Very simple and made possible because we use brass. We squeeze the back of the stem tip ever so slightly across the radius to put it sightly out of round. It will still insert in the stem insert because brass is flexible but the tip will be tight. The more out of round you make the back of the tip, the harder it is to insert and remove so there will be a little finesse required on the part of the user to get the perfect interference fit.
As you said, this is possible because of brass!

Ed's TnT,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I have to get rid of the CD glass stem I just received. It does not really fit in the zap that well. it is tight and gets stuck.

this means that the new glass is more important than ever to me. :)

the ob,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I am about to order my second zap. I have asked rick for the 30-40 year super dark myrtle. does anyone have a pick of a really dark zap to show me. It will still probably not be as dark as the one I am going to get, but I will give me an idea. rick said the wood he is getting is going to be almost black.

thanks in advance.

the ob,

Screwdriver

the ob said:
I am about to order my second zap. I have asked rick for the 30-40 year super dark myrtle. does anyone have a pick of a really dark zap to show me. It will still probably not be as dark as the one I am going to get, but I will give me an idea. rick said the wood he is getting is going to be almost black.

thanks in advance.
I have a dark one....not from the 40 year stuff (that I know of) it looks like this....not my zap, but a web find.

myrtlewood.jpg

I am gonna order a light colored zap. I want one in the kitchen to enhance my living room zap....

Honestly, I can't stop looking at my zap....it's really a piece of folk art. :D

Screwdriver,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
ob - I'm not sure why your stem from CD doesn't fit. Mine fits fine; a little tight, but not a problem. Unless CD has changed the stem he uses, it should work fine. But, I agree that it will be nice to have glass with the Zap stem tip.

Great news about getting another Zap! ;) It gets a little addictive, doesn't it? They're all different. I look forward to seeing some of that really dark Myrtle.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

the ob

all good in the hood.
mom,
yeah it will not go in more than a tiny little bit. Its ok. I just sold it and I will not wait for the pieces specifically designed for the zap.

yes I am really excited about the next one. stay tuned!

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
Screwdriver
Yours is from the 30-40 yr stored wood.
I was wondering about those PD tips fitting Zaps. The Zap tips will fit all three log type vapes.

Rick,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
the ob said:

thanks in advance.
Look back at pages 58 and 59 of this thread. These are some good examples of Ricks turnings that he snapped when he did some a while back.

Also check out a gallery that I compiled a while back - http://s886.photobucket.com/home/agbeer_vape

This should give you an idea of the diversity of some of these vapes :)

AGBeer,

the ob

all good in the hood.
ag, thanks for your help, but my page 58-59 do not exist because of how I have my pages set up.

I did check our your gallery. I think the one I am going to get is MUCH darker than any of those others. at least is sounds that way.

rick said he would try to send pics. also, he said the wood was almost black. It will be interesting to see.

It might be a couple of weeks before we see examples of this wood as he does not have it yet. it is ok as I already have one and I am not desperate at the moment.

screwdriver I would love to see a pic of yours.

the glass stems for the zaps will fit all the others since their tips are a tiny bit smaller than the others.

the ob,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Try post #s 1436 and post 1462. I think that 1436 has a REAL dark one in there Rick did.
Cant wait to see some pics!

AGBeer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Just got my Myrtleglass stems in the mail today (Ill have a nice review for them later on this evening /tomorrow) While I havent had a chance to hit them and give a 'test run' I must say out of the box - these things are going to EXCEED your expectations (just want to forewarn you now) ;)

The removable brass tips are cool as all get out, and of course I played with them a few times just to make sure that they would fit snugly. Like I said, I havent had a chance to play with them fully yet - but stand by to have your expectations blown away. :)

The 'econo' version that goes over a whip ripper is exceptionally cool as well (and so simple in design, yet so efficient!) Folks - we have options here. :) I can honestly say I dont think I have been this excited since I first got my Myrtlezap!
Stay tuned!

P.S. Rick (And Pat aka Zaplady) - it appears as if you have reinvented and outdone yourselves again. I think that you have a really hot seller here! Cant wait to hit it and start my reviews!

AGBeer,

the ob

all good in the hood.
AGBeer said:
Try post #s 1436 and post 1462. I think that 1436 has a REAL dark one in there Rick did.
thanks I checked it out. that dark one was cool. I think the wood rick is talking about now is even darker than that one.

cant wait to hear about your reviews...

the ob,

Screwdriver

AGBeer said:
That dark one is fricken awesome......

Myrtlewood is a strange beast....never heard about it until FC.......It goes from boring to fricken insane. Like my family.:D

Screwdriver,

collegerower

the ob said:
AGBeer said:
thanks I checked it out. that dark one was cool. I think the wood rick is talking about now is even darker than that one.

cant wait to hear about your reviews...
I am afraid that the dark one you guys are talking about is mine, and is my no means as dark as that photo represents. :/

You can see what it looks like better in post #1462

collegerower,

the ob

all good in the hood.
college,
rick will have to confirm. I cannot tell. I do know he told me the wood he was talking about was almost black. I will know better when he gets it which sounds like it might be a couple of weeks out.....

screw, I see it all the time as it is native to oregon and northern california and I am in oregon. you cannot go into a store on the oregon coast and not see a TON of it. I feel like it is a thing tourists buy because it is so unusual and not all over the country. I love it for its great trippy detailing.

the ob,

Screwdriver

the ob said:
college,
rick will have to confirm. I cannot tell. I do know he told me the wood he was talking about was almost black. I will know better when he gets it which sounds like it might be a couple of weeks out.....

screw, I see it all the time as it is native to oregon and northern california and I am in oregon. you cannot go into a store on the oregon coast and not see a TON of it. I feel like it is a thing tourists buy because it is so unusual and not all over the country. I love it for its great trippy detailing.
I'd like to order a black MZ if they are not all spoken for......

BTW, I was using the MZ for most of the weekend....besides vaping, I used the cup and oil.....which the wife really liked. Wife wants me to find Jasmin oil.

I can't believe how stingy the MZ is on herb.....it's gonna pay for itself in a few months.

Screwdriver,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
If zap polish is wax based, it will work real nice on the leather. Rick, i like the new glass. My first thought when you said removable tip was, that i would like it for cleaning. My current glass stem, isn't too bad just need to block it off and shake around some iso, but removable tip is much better. Kudos. Hope all is well.

IAmKrazy2,

the ob

all good in the hood.
yes I think the removable tips are an excellent idea as well. it would be easier to clean the tip and easier to clean the glass as well. very smart. good thinking rick.

screwdriver no one has even seen the really dark/black stuff yet. it might be a couple of weeks....

the ob,

collegerower

ob:

Of course Rick will have a MUCH better idea what is coming your way. I just wanted to let you know that the zap that you guys were talking about in that picture was mine, and is not that dark.

Cant wait to see what yours will look like!

collegerower,
Top Bottom