Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

guardian

hey all first time posting :lol: just had a question for ya rick. will there be a paypal link on the aromazap/myrtlezap site when you have sufficient glassware for stems? thats all i wanted to know thanks

guardian,

lwien

Ah, ok. Didn't think about the ease of cleaning issue. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification Rick. Sometimes I can't figure stuff out well at all, especially the morning after a heavy vape session. :ko:

But if that was the reason for the removable tip, why not do that in all of the non-glass stems also?

lwien,

Rick

Zapman
Just thought of another very handy use for multiple tips. Fill each one with a different strain. Take a blast of X followed by Y, Z and maybe L.
Why not regular stems? because they are smaller and easy to clean with the tip installed. They also are 'regs', nothing special. Glass is special so we add to its function-ability with more than one tip.
guardian
We will do our best to make whatever we offer easy to buy. That is all I can say for now.

Rick,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
I had also mentioned this thing about removing the bowl to access the screen to Ed. I, for one, love that this has been implemented. However, I will say that I usually do not have a problem with cleaning Rick's stems. I don't know how he affixes his screens, but I have never had to bother much with cleaning them and dont think i've ever had to change a screen on one of his stems. The WDZ stems however have this cleaning screen-changing issue big time (I have no idea why the build up is so much more intense with those stems). But this is why I was looking around for a removable bowl stem. Good to know this is happening. Thanks.

Rick, I am interested in the plain clear stems. Are you doing a small production run so some of us can buy these stems any time soon? Glass stems is not rocket science (though, I do understand about wanting to get it exactly right before starting them as a regular item). And feedback from pictures is a little useless.

obelisk,

caseball2051

Rick, I am also interested in the basic stem if the price is right. I may have missed it. I am in the middle east with my university and the internet is very erratic. was a price for the low end glass listed?

are there going to be testers for the glass?

caseball2051,

Rick

Zapman
The plain clear ones I can do now as I brought home a box of them. They will come with one short stem. Give me a day to check stem costs, postage rates, weights, etc on pricing them. The 9 inchers are sweet in that they work very well because of the increased diameter of the glass. Larger diameter tubing will be part of our next run on the upper end glass also. I am also considering a plain jane glass addition to some kind of FC special on a Zap purchase.

Testers are Zapman and Zaplady and a few close friends who vape with Zaps all the time. I appreciate the offers to help. My bad again for even using the phrase Beta testers or whatever I said. Testing is a short process really. It works or it doesn't and how well does it works. How easy to change tips?

Our screens are installed from the back of the stem tip and are very difficult to replace(or dislodge). With a removable tip, the screens can be easily replaced as they will push right out the back. Cannot do that with a nylon stem as you cannot get the old screen out easily.
Going to go try another variety in another tip, same glass. Gee whiz this is fun.

Rick,

caseball2051

Thanks Rick, sounds like a perfect welcome back to the states gift for myself in a few weeks! Ill be following this closely.

Have a good day everyone. its nearly midnight in Jordan.

caseball2051,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm really happy with the fact that the screen can be replaced. Over time, I can see where they can gum up, even with regular cleaning.

Whoowee things are snowballing Rick! :lol: I think you can count on me being in touch too! :D Gotta love new toys.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

collegerower

Yay, I am thrilled to see the photo's. I cant wait to see what the glass guy can do with some worked pieces.

I will be keeping a close eye on this thread :brow:

collegerower,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
I didn't notice the half-stem in the plain clear ones until now. Not what I was expecting but I am curious to try it- it is definitely the simpler option for cooling vapor. I thought those were like the colored ones, except without the color originally (which I prefer). I really like the joint-smoking aspect of this vape and am curious to see if an all-glass stem would enhance the experience. I gotta say both the wdz and the mz produce very tasty vapor in their stock form to begin with. I wonder if the tastes can/will be cleaner with a glass stem.

obelisk,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
obelisk, I can say that while I often still use the stock stems, I enjoy using a glass stem best. I have one of CD's stems which also fits the Zap. It cools the vapor, allowing large hits. And I find the taste better, but that's just my opinion.

momofthegoons,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Input? You want input Rick?

I have an effing boner right now...

Hows THAT for input? Those 'prototypes' you have posted pics of are SICK SICK SICK!!
I cant wait til these things are in production!! Ive been patiently waiting for glass made specifically for the ZAP, and its finally on the horizon. From what I see thus far, the wait has been, and will be well worth it. :)

AGBeer,

Screwdriver

Rick....

THANK YOU! :D

I just got home to find my MZ on my doorstep. I was blown away how beautiful the wood is.:o I am glad I ordered the dark without the LED......the wood is just so nice look at.

I'll take some shots of it this weekend and post them so others can see it.....but right now, she is heating up.

Thanks again....I am really glad I choose the MZ.

Dave W...aka Screwdriver.

Screwdriver,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Screwdriver said:
Rick....

I just got home to find my MZ on my doorstep. I was blown away how beautiful the wood is.:o I am glad I ordered the dark without the LED......the wood is just so nice look at.

I'll take some shots of it this weekend and post them so others can see it.....but right now, she is heating up.

Give your zap a few months, and several waxings later. I mean, I absolutely fell in love with my zap when I first got it too. And the novelty of playing with the 13.5 and coozie were fun, but nowdays it seems like a deeper more comfortable appreciation and love of my zap and its individuality. All of these other zap pics make me drool still, but there is something about mine that just makes me smile in my soul.

You will get it too :)

AGBeer,

Screwdriver

AGBeer said:
Screwdriver said:
Rick....

Give your zap a few months, and several waxings later. I mean, I absolutely fell in love with my zap when I first got it too. And the novelty of playing with the 13.5 and coozie were fun, but nowdays it seems like a deeper more comfortable appreciation and love of my zap and its individuality. All of these other zap pics make me drool still, but there is something about mine that just makes me smile in my soul.

You will get it too :)
It's funny....I just wanted a MZ and couldn't care less about the wood...since they all looked great. I bought the MZ after reading all the BS here and felt that Rick was a stand up guy and cared more for his product then profit. Not bagging on the other log vapes, but Ricks posts just swayed me.

See, my wife and I collect mid-century furniture. US and Danish pieces and the MZ that I received today matches our coffee table exactly. My wife approves of the MZ....she was skeptical when I ordered...but is now interested.

Screwdriver,

Kip

Hello all! I've been lurking fc for some time now and through this thread I've become sold on the MZ. You see, I need a home unit as I've been using a LB for awhile now, and it kicks ass but I have a desire for bigger vape hits and the battery part is a hassle sometimes. While I plan to purchase the mz shortly I have a few questions out of curiosity.
After multiple consecutive hits, does the mz cool down substantially or maintain a good temp?
What oils work best in the mz? I plan to make full use of both the vape and aromatherapy aspects.
Does the mz combust herb easily? I've had a few bad experiences with my LB concerning this :/

@Rick
Please take a look at the email I sent you most recently, I'm having issues with paypal and I'd like to make my payment asap

Kip,

the ob

all good in the hood.
screw,
I agree the MZ does fit well with the mid century furniture. I own a 50's ranch and it fits in quite well.

the ob,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Kip said:
After multiple consecutive hits, does the mz cool down substantially or maintain a good temp?
What oils work best in the mz? I plan to make full use of both the vape and aromatherapy aspects.
Does the mz combust herb easily? I've had a few bad experiences with my LB concerning this :/
I have 2 zaps in my vicinity (one is mine) the other is a neighbors I got for him. I havent had any issues with either zap becoming too 'cool' to vape from. As long as you arent trying to power hit it amongst several people, you should have no issues whatsoever. (Its a good 1-2 person vape) I dont think my zap has ever combusted (ever) the closet Ive ever got it is with the 13.5, but even then its just VERY toasted maybe the very beginnings of combustion. Yes the LB was notorious for combusting with me as well - MZ no issues.

As far as oils go - I must say get a GOOD oil to use for the aroma cup. Using the shitty wal-mart giant bottle size will fizzle out rather quickly (smell wise) but still have lots of liquid in the bowl. Get the good stuff - you wont regret it.

AGBeer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Screwdriver - The Zaps sure are beautiful, aren't they? My husband and I have collected antiques for years; mostly oak pieces from the early 1900's and earlier. I am also fortunate to have inherited a lot of antique Danish modern furniture from my family. It was shipped from Denmark by my mother and has been in my family for several generations. Some of the "original" Danish modern is unbelievable; streamlined, but in a different way than the more recent looks. Sort of a blend of old and new. All of the wood we have in our house, combined with the stealthy look of the Zap is what made me want this style of vape. And I agree....Rick is a stand up guy.

Kip - I have never combusted, or come even close, with the Zap. When I use my 13.5v my ABV is a lot darker especially now that my Zap seems to be running hotter. My Zap maintains a good temp and I haven't noticed any cool down. Rick sends some wonderful lavender oil with the Zap. You should only use a high quality oil with your Zap diffuser, either from him or from a health food store, etc. Maybe order an extra vial from Rick when you order your Zap?

AG - I can totally relate to the feeling you have about your Zap. As you use your Zap and it mellows with age and polishing, you get an affinity with it, almost like you've bonded. Mine has gotten darker and the nuances of the grain patterns are really coming out. So nice. However, as each new pic comes on this thread, I find I want another, and another.....could get a little out of hand. But my Zap is my absolute favorite vape.

momofthegoons,

reece

Kip said:
Hello all! I've been lurking fc for some time now and through this thread I've become sold on the MZ. You see, I need a home unit as I've been using a LB for awhile now, and it kicks ass but I have a desire for bigger vape hits and the battery part is a hassle sometimes. While I plan to purchase the mz shortly I have a few questions out of curiosity.

@Rick
Please take a look at the email I sent you most recently, I'm having issues with paypal and I'd like to make my payment asap
I have never had an issue getting a hit when I wanted one. I've have purposely tried taking consecutive hits with little time in between to test this. Maybe a group of people taking consecutive hits could cool it down but I'm just speculating.

I've used many oils as well as jasmine absolute. It is a great essential oil diffuser.

Just saw AG's post. Yes, use 100% essential oil or 100% essential oil blended with a carrier oil (jojoba, etc).

reece,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I have used this frequently as a diffuser and it works really well. Jasmine would be be great. the oil they send with it works really well. It is a nice touch.

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
More news, this time on the website. It will not change for now except for a link to our new shopping cart page. I will have a separate url (www.myrtleglass.com) that will be a shopping cart only. I do the set-up, etc so this will take a week or two before it is up and running. This is my best option for website improvement at the current time. It should be a world apart from where we have been as far as ease of purchase(and security) for our customers. Also will be more options for Zap purchases, stems, glass, etc.

Hang in there. We'll keep chugging along.
On oils you want to use real essential oils not the manmade kind.
Our new larger mass heatport will keep the heat coming more efficiently than the old design, without a doubt.

edit for:
myrtleglass.com will not be up til we get the shopping cart done.

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Rick said:
More news, this time on the website. It will not change for now except for a link to our new shopping cart page. I will have a separate url (www.myrtleglass.com) that will be a shopping cart only. I do the set-up, etc so this will take a week or two before it is up and running. This is my best option for website improvement at the current time. It should be a world apart from where we have been as far as ease of purchase(and security) for our customers. Also will be more options for Zap purchases, stems, glass, etc.

Hang in there. We'll keep chugging along.
On oils you want to use real essential oils not the manmade kind.
Our new larger mass heatport will keep the heat coming more efficiently than the old design, without a doubt.

edit for:
myrtleglass.com will not be up til we get the shopping cart done.
everyday new exciting news from zapville. congrats on the new site improvements.

the ob,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Hahahahaha I love the new name! Myrtleglass! I mean, Zapglass was cool but there is something about Myrtleglass that makes it just that much more personal for this vape.

Too cool - Review and some pics/vid will be coming soon :) Rick was nice enough to select me as one of his betas for these badboys. (Now Im super excited)

AGBeer,
Top Bottom