Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Screwdriver

Just got a message from Rick that my MZ shipped today.....Can't wait.

Thanks for the speedy process.

Screwdriver,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
Rick said:
We will be looking at five different examples of MZ glass tomorrow. If we like something and the price is right, I will post some pictures, etc late tomorrow.
The good news is they are all Version 2 of the design. Will be a slick removable tip. I have no idea at this point what kind of glass he has done.
awesome, Rick. i hope this works out. i look forward to the pictures.

peace.

obelisk,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well, I, for one, know what I'm going to be doing whenever I can take the time tomorrow afternoon....watching for pics of that new glass! The suspense is killing me. :popcorn:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

collegerower

momofthegoons said:
Well, I, for one, know what I'm going to be doing whenever I can take the time tomorrow afternoon....watching for pics of that new glass! The suspense is killing me. :popcorn:
At least I will keep you company :brow:

collegerower,

the ob

all good in the hood.
cant wait for pics. the only good news I have received this week......more cool stuff to buy!

the ob,

colonelforbin

i can't wait to get the unit! it has been 3 days since my order and i am so excited for it's arrival, damn i'm impatient :D

just wondering, how does everyone keep their vapes when not in use? as in; i know that they are ment to be left on 24/7, but does it matter what sort of surface the vape is left on? i was thinking a marble drink coaster would work best

colonelforbin,

the ob

all good in the hood.
colonel,
I am sure any hard surface is fine. I still do not leave mine on 24/7 because i am super paranoid about fires (even though I know it will not happen) just do not leave it next to anything flammable and you should be fine. The benefit to leaving it on all the time is that it will be ready to use!

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
colonel, I leave mine on 24/7, sitting on my desk. The Zap doesn't get so hot that it would burn the surface it is on. I wouldn't put it on a blanket or bed, couch, etc., but a hard surface is safe. The hottest part is the top where the stem goes into the heatport. I will often leave the aroma diffuser flower with a little of the lavender oil in it which disguises it a bit in case there is company that might be in the room. ;)

My ideal situation would be a Zap in every room; one by my comfy chair, one by my bed, one on my desk, one in the kitchen........

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
OK. First, my bad(again). No pictures today. I have an additional process to finish the glass stems here in Zapville that will delay pictures until tomorrow. The first batch(5) is nothing fancy, 8-10" long stems with some color and work at both ends, clear in the middle. We are also going to do a bit of Beta testing with some folks to be sure they will take normal use and be functional. So nothing to buy yet but we will have some pictures. He did tell me he can get some decent quantities out quickly(a week) because he likes commercial work. So hang in there. This will be a process, not a done thing like the heatport change.
On another front I just talked to the fellow I got the 30-40 year stored Myrtlewood from. He has two more chunks and one of them is all dark. They are such big slabs(2 ft by 4 ft by 2 3/4") he thinks the value may be even higher. I said no problem, we will meet anybody's offer.

Rick,

collegerower

Well Although I would love to see some photo's I am glad to hear things are moving along.

I will keep my eye out for the best stem in the post ;)

collegerower,

the ob

all good in the hood.
first off, I think i may need a dark zap of that 30-40 year wood. also, I am willing to take one for the team and be a beta tester for one of the tubes. It is a rough job but I can probably do it. :)

the ob,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
I finally ordered my MZ and a 3-inch rosewood grinder from Ed today. :D I cant wait to get them and try them out. I figure I should have them in about 1-1/2 weeks or so. I also bought the 13V power supply just in case. The MZ should be one of the darker ones that Rick mentioned.

Lycanthrope,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Wonderful news on the glass. Looks like it will be soon. I'm looking forward to seeing what Rick has come up with. As with anything new, there is a process to get it right. Even though we are all like kids (are we there yet?) I'm sure everyone here understands that Rick wants it to be right the first time.

The new wood sounds exciting too. I usually steer towards lighter wood so that you can see the grain better, however, that new wood does sound intriguing. Oh boy... I might have yet another Zap in my future. My joke about a Zap in every room might become a reality yet. :lol: Congrats on your order Lycanthrope. I hope you will post a pic of your Zap when you get it.

In talking to my son (the birthday boy that got the last Zap I ordered), he has indicated that the new heatport does run hotter than my current Zap (old heatport design). He feels that the 13.5 is a little too hot for him. This sort of runs along the same vein as the ob has had about his running hotter too. I'm looking forward to seeing how my newest Zap will do on the same electrical source as my current one and comparing. It might not be necessary to use the 13.5 anymore. I still use it with my current Zap, but have noticed that towards the end of a session, the Zap is running pretty hot; almost too hot. The vapor is still a little "puny" on the 12v, but it's much more productive than it used to be on that adaptor. I know that IAmKrazy2 has used a 13 v with his Zap. Krazy, if you are out there, have you found that it isn't necessary at all anymore? Also, where did you purchase the 13v? Did you get it locally?

momofthegoons,

Screwdriver

Lycanthrope said:
I finally ordered my MZ and a 3-inch rosewood grinder from Ed today. :D I cant wait to get them and try them out. I figure I should have them in about 1-1/2 weeks or so. I also bought the 13V power supply just in case. The MZ should be one of the darker ones that Rick mentioned.
Gratz on your order! I should get mine today....tomorrow at the latest. :D

I didn't even know Rick had grinders.....his website doesn't even mention them...and my old grinder just broke a tooth and I was looking for a replacement.

Screwdriver,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Screwdriver said:
Lycanthrope said:

I didn't even know Rick had grinders.....his website doesn't even mention them...and my old grinder just broke a tooth and I was looking for a replacement.
I think the grind is coming from Ed, not Rick...

DevoTheStrange,

Screwdriver

DevoTheStrange said:
Screwdriver said:
Lycanthrope said:

I think the grind is coming from Ed, not Rick...
Ops......That what happens when I am trying to post and do work at the office.

Screwdriver,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Rick,
does the really dark wood still have details or would it look similar to walnut? Just curious.

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
Here is the first real info on Zapglass. As I said earlier, this is a process. The first pieces are prototypes and will change based on customer desires. We would like to get some comments for improvement or whatever as we are very new to this game. There is some color in the ends we don't understand(color that changes with heat/time). A glaze or something like that.
The removable tip is done by inserting a small piece of heatport tubing in the glass stem and bonding it permanently. The insert has a crimp to keep the stem tip from going in too far. Maybe you can see how the end of the insert is wedged into the glass tube for support at the end of the insert with no bonding material. There is a slight ring of the bonding material right near the tip of the glass stem that you cannot see. So the insert is supported at two points, one with bonding material. This process will have to be tested for durability but looks real good initially.
Now many will ask "but the stem tip slides easily in and out of the heatport tube so how do you keep the stem tip in the glass stem insert without it falling out?" Very simple and made possible because we use brass. We squeeze the back of the stem tip ever so slightly across the radius to put it sightly out of round. It will still insert in the stem insert because brass is flexible but the tip will be tight. The more out of round you make the back of the tip, the harder it is to insert and remove so there will be a little finesse required on the part of the user to get the perfect interference fit.
The plan is to offer each glass stem with two removable tips. Price will be somewhere between $30-40 for the ones in the picture. Our prices, once set, will include shipping via US Postal service.
As far as the pictures go, we are very amateur at this as we are with much technical stuff so be forewarned.
The first picture shows two glass stem ends with a stem tip inserted and a tip not inserted.
zapglass1st014.jpg

The second image shows the tips of all five stems.
zapglass1st006.jpg

The next one shows all 5 pieces without stem tips inserted.
zapglass1st002.jpg

The last one is the bottom end version of Zapglass. Works very well but looks awful plain. Not sure yet what we will do with these. Maybe a bonus of some kind? Glass tube in the pic is 9" long. I can also get them 5" long. These will be cheaper but they do hit very nice.
zapglass1st018.jpg

As I said, we want lots of input. This is just our first shot at an involved process.

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I think they look great so far. I like how the stem bends just at the mouthpiece, although if it is straight, it allows someone to twist is as they are smoking (which I think a lot of people do) As I said I am ready to be a beta tester!!!

the price seems very fair to me as well.

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Rick, these look really interesting. I especially like the curved mouthpieces. It's a great start and a good price point. I'm looking forward to hearing more. :)

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
To clarify a bit more on the removable tip, the slight out of round for the end of the stem tip goes away when the tip is inserted in the insert. The out of roundness just puts interference pressure on the two pieces. Just took several big pulls for the first real test. No air leaks between the tip and the insert with a nice tight fit between the two.

lwein I am a bit surprised at your "why?" on the reason for a removable tip since you always seem to figure stuff out pretty good. Easy cleaning of the glass and the tip for starters. You can always have a clean tip soaking in alcohol, etc for replacement of one getting clogged. Then put the other one in the juice. It does expand the use of the glass with replacement tips in my opinion.

Rick,
Top Bottom