Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

quomist

Rock the Casbah
claypool said:
picking up one of these tomorrow after work. would have today but the damn were banks closed:o

question: ppl have said that this stem fits in the ehle 100ml bowl perfectly..i assume they mean downstem?...i have a 12" syn mini tube with a 18/14 bushing downstem. will the myrtlezap stem fit perfect in my bong just like the 100ml ehle?
Yep. It fits nicely into the 14mm downstem.

quomist,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
lo said:
I think part of the problem is also that people use more when they first get a new device, like playing with a new toy. When switching from smoke they are seeking carbon monoxide and the higher range crap from smoke.

This style of vape uses very little herb compared to most any other form of use so....if one is seeking to conserve they can really do so with this style of vape. If they want to go crazy though, they can plow through more stems :D
If I plow through too many stems I nearly fall out of my chair. If it were possible for me to thoroughly vape as much as I combusted on a normal night, Id be passed out on the floor.

Its EASY to burn (and quicker) but vaping takes time. By the time you get to your 2nd or 3rd stem you start to get a lil goofy headed. It does sneak up on you :)

AGBeer,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Happycamper said:
Has anyone in these type of vaporisers said they use more weed?
As to this vaporizer using more weed...? More than what?
The MZ seems to use even less than my Launch Box, and it's very efficient. There might be a more efficient vape but I don't know what it is. The Vapor Genie can be very efficient but it's a portable.

There are several threads already on the efficiency of this vs. that vs. the other vape.
Can you be more specific?

MoeOnTheMoon,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Happycamper said:
Has anyone in these type of vaporisers said they use more weed?
As to this vaporizer using more weed...? More than what?
The MZ seems to use even less than my Launch Box, and it's very efficient. There might be a more efficient vape but I don't know what it is. The Vapor Genie can be very efficient but it's a portable.

There are several threads already on the efficiency of this vs. that vs. the other vape.
Can you be more specific?
I would say in rare cases some people do consume more herb while getting adjusted to this style of vape. For some who have never used it, they don't think they can get that much out of it, so they end up packing a few more stems then they need.
I know until I got used to my vape of this style, that I was going through just as much herb as I was with the extreme, until I got used to it and realized how heavily I was overmedicating myself.

DevoTheStrange,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Vapor is more enjoyable then smoke, and doesn't make my lungs hurt like smoke used to. Due to the increased pleasure, i also might indulge more then i need from time to time. Stem after stem after stem from my PD. But, i am still way more medicated and using a lot less then combustion overall and only use the same or more when i make an effort to keep stems loaded all day.

IAmKrazy2,

mnmlh

For those of you considering adding a small piece of 14mm glass to go with your zap, I ordered an HVY mini beaker from aqualab technologies the other day and look forward to comparing it with the ehle 100ml. This one should be a little bigger but I will find out the volume as a part of my review. It seems like a bargain, regardless of how durable it ultimately will be. If someone in the US does want an ehle, now is a great time to order from EDIT with the 50% off international shipping.

mnmlh,

lwien

mnmlh said:
For those of you considering adding a small piece of 14mm glass to go with your zap, I ordered an HVY mini beaker from aqualab technologies the other day and look forward to comparing it with the ehle 100ml. This one should be a little bigger but I will find out the volume as a part of my review. It seems like a bargain, regardless of how durable it ultimately will be. If someone in the US does want an ehle, now is a great time to order from EDIT with the 50% off international shipping.
I've been using the HVY mini beaker for awhile now and love it. Will be really curious to your comparisons.
I don't use water though, but man, after about a month, that bong is smelling sweeeeeet. Gonna be some goooood qwiso.

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
+1 to the HVY glass. I picked up a mini-bong a little over a month ago and I have love love loved it. I think that I am still being rather fickle though, as I have been bouncing between using it and the DD of my zap, the 12, the 13.5, the 12 with a coozie. (Fuck trying the 13.5 with a coozie - thats almost guaranteed combustion)

I think I have settled on the 12 with a coozie, but sometimes the mood strikes me to really push that combustion point. The 13.5 goes on then ;)

AGBeer,

collegerower

I will also look forward to your comparison. I am thinking about getting a little glass, and either of these will work. Thanks!

collegerower,

FEAR420

WOW :o Have any of you guys seen C_D's custom stems?? I was just browsing thru his glass & I wish we get some of those for the MZ! Nice sexy wood & some sweet glass would be killer. :ko:

FEAR420,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
yep !! I should make some for the MZ too as I got some request but I dont know when , I still wait to get news from Rick to get brass tips . the one on the picture are made with PD ss tips , I should have more soon as Tom sent me a bunch of tips already ! Also I have made some other water filter stem , I should take more pix soon ...
:peace:

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I just want to make it clear ! The MZ stem and the PD stems are not the same and the PD stems wont fit in the MZ vaporizer and the MZ stem wont fit the PD vaporizer . The fact is since I have been doing PD glass stems I got some request by some MZ user to make them MZ glass stem . I have request to buy some tips for the PD and for the MZ so I should make both . I dont want in any way assosiat PD with MZ , I dont make vaporizer , I just bowl glass ;)
:peace:

Clear_Dome,

UncleJoseph

Yo Aero,

Didn't find the exact post about what you'd done with the LB tube, but my buddy owns an LB and I understand what you *probably* did.

I'm pretty confident in my abilities to engineer SOMETHING viable; do you (or anyone, for that matter,) know the measurements on that LB tube?

UncleJoseph,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
hmm... I'm thinking he might be in the wrong thread. Uncle, are you talking about the Launch Box?? If so, wrong spot.

Lo,

UncleJoseph

lo said:
hmm... I'm thinking he might be in the wrong thread. Uncle, are you talking about the Launch Box?? If so, wrong spot.
Nah; Aero said in here that he'd used an LB tube to hook up a Zap to a non-GonG bong. I was just addressing him here; I'll edit/delete whatever if I need to but it is technically relevant :p

Thanks for looking out though!

UncleJoseph,

mnmlh

I think I just made a huge discovery for users of this style of vape, but I haven't read through the PD threads to see if anyone else came up with it.

I was cleaning some glass I use for combusting and when I was done, I had a little bit of ground up bud left on my grinder and I decided to just pack a small bowl into my little one hitter and toke it up. Then I was looking at the bowl thinking, "what a waste." I glanced over at the topo zap and, for some odd reason, decided to see how the one hitter fit on there and much to my surprise, it seemed to make a nice seal over the outside of the heat port. I couldn't tell if I was getting anything when inhaling, but then started to feel it - huge vapor!! Very clean taste. Everyone has got to try this!

glassstem-003.jpg

glassstem-002.jpg

Since there is so much more herb in the bowl, the hits are just ridiculous. :ko:

Be careful not to damage anything though. I was gentle. That black thing is the ash catcher. Guess I don't need that anymore.

mnmlh,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
B. said:
Agreed, vaping isn't just slightly more efficient. It has probably cut my usage by 1/3 to 1/2.

If the bud is very good, .05 can get me blazed.

As far as some vapes being more efficient than others, in my experience it's more that some vapes can load larger bowls, and it's oh so nice to pack a fatty, but these vapes can be very efficient if you load lighter bowls. The vapor won't always be as thick, depending on the vape, but you get solid effects off of very small amounts.
I'm sure some will disagree, but my experience with the Volcano is that it does waste bud, as compared with others. The one time I used it I put enough in it to get probably 2 full stems off the MZ which would give me about 8 hits, and I only got 3-4 good hits off the Volcano, AND I did not feel as high from the Volcano hits. I guess you could argue that I did not use the Volcano enough to really KNOW, but all I know is after using it once I did NOT want to buy one! Whereas after using the MZ once I said, "Yeah!" So I do believe some vapes are more efficient than others.

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
mnmlh said:
I think I just made a huge discovery for users of this style of vape, but I haven't read through the PD threads to see if anyone else came up with it.

I was cleaning some glass I use for combusting and when I was done, I had a little bit of ground up bud left on my grinder and I decided to just pack a small bowl into my little one hitter and toke it up. Then I was looking at the bowl thinking, "what a waste." I glanced over at the topo zap and, for some odd reason, decided to see how the one hitter fit on there and much to my surprise, it seemed to make a nice seal over the outside of the heat port. I couldn't tell if I was getting anything when inhaling, but then started to feel it - huge vapor!! Very clean taste. Everyone has got to try this!

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/mnmhlh/glassstem-003.jpg

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/mnmhlh/glassstem-002.jpg

Since there is so much more herb in the bowl, the hits are just ridiculous. :ko:

Be careful not to damage anything though. I was gentle. That black thing is the ash catcher. Guess I don't need that anymore.
Where do you get a 1-hitter like that?

MoeOnTheMoon,

mnmlh

It's a local piece, but I imagine any head shop would have something similar.

mnmlh,

CrazyFingers

I haven't had time to sit down and write a proper review of the new zap but I just wanted to say that I love it even more than expected. The pictures do not do the grain justice. Its a lot shorter than I had expected, which I actually like, and it runs noticeably hotter than my other dark wood zap even without a break in, which I also like. I'll sit down soon and get some pictures and do a proper comparison between the two when I have a chance as there seem to be a lot of differences.

:2c: I really didn't like the 13.5 either. That thing REALLY heats things up. I was sure I got smoke the first time I plugged in there. It choked me out, and when I looked in the stem, there was a black layer on the surface of the herbs. Yuck.... way too hot for me!

CrazyFingers,
Top Bottom