Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
so what ? ....it does make sence in my head that it is better to use 10$ of ''everyone know that it is safe'' metal over 5$ of ''confusion maker'' metal in a 150$ device that you will use on a regular base everyday no ?... anyway I should stop to talk about it as it seem to cause trouble , my point as been said and I wont lower my standard for this , I work hard to have the better borosilicate possible and using alway the better material so why should I act differently for this ? I'm out , I wont post any other comment about all this .

Clear_Dome,

the electrician

Clear_Dome said:
so what ? ....it does make sence in my head that it is better to use 10$ of ''everyone know that it is safe'' metal over 5$ of ''confusion maker'' metal in a 150$ device that you will use on a regular base everyday no ?...
but the brass is safe is the problem, the confusion has been eliminated for all those who chose logic over emotion. it makes sense in my head that youd halve your costs without compromising safety. im sure the air were breathing (me especially living in bloody toronto) is gonna be more toxic than the brass death air coming out the myrtlezap

the electrician,

max

Out to lunch
I'm going to repost this again, and if there are any more posts here concerning materials safety, I'll close the thread until everyone has a chance to read the rules.

For future reference, any vape with a thread in the Vaporizer Discussion forum will be considered, for purposes of discussion in this forum, to be safe to use. All discussions of vape design or materials used, as far as safety or material x being better than y, will be limited to the General Vaporization section, and specific models will be not be mentioned.

We have an expanded set of rules that everyone needs to read. The kind of forum we're going to have should be evident from reading these rules. Following what was once our one and only rule- Be Nice -along with common sense, will keep most any member out of trouble. Ignoring this one will get a member no breaks and on the fast track to a permanent ban.

max,

reece

Clear_Dome said:
I'm sorry , I know that once again I will look like a dick but I have to make a choice , a choice that will make me lost a tone of money :/ but still ...I have made the choice to not make glass MZ stem as the tips contain lead and for some reason I can not and dont want to be associate with lead. Think what you want , in fact I dont care .

if the lead was so problematic and cause so much confusion than why does Rick just dont make them in Stainless ? this way no one could doubt about the toxicity ....anyway I dont want to stir old shit , that was just my :2c: ...

:peace:
Hey, it is your right to make what you want to make. It isn't about the money. But, this, "I don't care," attitude is strange when you came here and called another person's product unsafe based on what someone else told you. Do you not expect those who have researched the issue themselves, and come to a different conclusion, to voice their opinions?

There is no negative judgment of you because of your decision. You are erring on the side of caution. Who can fault that? But recognize your decision is based on your opinion. Others have reached a different opinion. It is inappropriate, at best, to call another's product unsafe without providing any supporting evidence.

reece,

reece

lwien said:
Considering Max's post above reece, I think you just closed this thread. :/
The post I was replying to was a few posts ahead of Max's so I had not read that. But, luckily, my post isn't about material's safety.

reece,

max

Out to lunch
reece said:
my post isn't about material's safety.
It also applies to someone else's opinion on materials. It's still within that topic of discussion. The last 25 posts are out of bounds for anyone's response.

max,

UncleJoseph

Having read all 58 pages of this thread now, it's unfortunate to see how easily it's been repeatedly derailed. However, I'm here to post about the product the thread was actually created for.

My MZ came in Friday, literally a few minutes before my girl and I were set to take a four hour road trip. I put off our departure long enough to let it warm up so we could try it out. She actually figured out how to hit it properly faster than I did, but we were getting decent vapor clouds and 3-4 respectable hits off of a single stem, which was the general consensus of what a "proper" hit/stem pack should be.

Rick, Thank you SO much for this product. I'll post pictures as soon as I can find a decent camera. The wood is really gorgeous; there was a nice knot right at the top where it curves and it also looks like there was a smaller knot or just a whorl above where the LED is installed. On either "side" of the MZ are slightly less heady versions of the swirls in Madcap's original MZ. REALLY gorgeous piece.

Me and my lady are still experimenting with how many stems over how long we're going to need, but it packs more of a punch than I expected from such a small and inconspicuous device. Obviously you could hit an SSV harder, but I'm very happy with the size and number of hits I get from so little herb.

The lavender polish and oil smell fantastic; the lady is absolutely thrilled about them (lavender is one of her favorites.)

Again, thank you, and I'll be posting pictures ASAP.

UncleJoseph,

Rick

Zapman
So the saga on the back ordered stem tip clips is over but not without a glitch or two.
Special trip to UPS by a branch manager on Wednesday to get the clips to me by Friday was much appreciated but he sent them to the store in Pasco, WA, about 5 hours from us. So a guy from the Pasco branch is coming up last night but will not get here til late. But wait! The gal from the local branch goes to visit her Mom and Dad every Saturday and she comes right by our driveway! So I get the clips at 9 this morning. Mailman says noon is the latest he will be by/wait for me. 8 packages out to the mailboxes at 11:55. NOW I get some tokes and some slugs of Old Ezra. What a feeling to get that big pile out of here. All held up by some 1/4" clips that would not even fill a thimble! Small town nice!

Yes please, no mas on brass. My apologies for contributing and thanks to all who defended but in the future, lets let it go. Thanks for your patience Max.
A pic following of some of todays orders out. We are lousy at this(pictures) but it gives an example of the variety in Myrtlewood. The dark one at the bottom is actually the trippiest with the lower right second.
zapsoutSaturdayfeb20002.jpg

Rick,

lwien

Wow. I never would have guessed that they are all from the same wood. They look so different. The one on the second row on the right looks just like my vape made from cherrywood.

lwien,

Rick

Zapman
Some of that wood is well over 30 years old and it is all Myrtlewood. been getting some of that yellow color a bit mre with the batch of old wood. The trippiest stuff still comes from my supplier in Oregon. He really takes good care of us.
Thanks UncleJoseph. Glad you are happy with your Zap. Yours was in the bunch that left Wednesday apparently. Some of you out there in FC land I never can connect up with a customer name which is kind of cool in a way. I don't even try to guess any more. And thanks for calling it on the lavender. It has ALWAYS been lavender, authentic French essential oil, never other smells. We love it too and it is good for lots of things. Even makes for horns with lots of us. Horny, honey, you know. Good for burns and dry skin too.
Outta here for a little Saturday party.
Reese, finally got you covered. Thanks for your patience.

Rick,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
There is some serious nice looking zaps in that group Rick. I think I personally bought one of the best looking Zaps I have seen, but that dark one and the other two on the bottom are pretty nice looking too. You will have some happy customers.

IAmKrazy2,
G

Rick said:
So the saga on the back ordered stem tip clips is over but not without a glitch or two.
Special trip to UPS by a branch manager on Wednesday to get the clips to me by Friday was much appreciated but he sent them to the store in Pasco, WA, about 5 hours from us. So a guy from the Pasco branch is coming up last night but will not get here til late. But wait! The gal from the local branch goes to visit her Mom and Dad every Saturday and she comes right by our driveway! So I get the clips at 9 this morning. Mailman says noon is the latest he will be by/wait for me. 8 packages out to the mailboxes at 11:55. NOW I get some tokes and some slugs of Old Ezra. What a feeling to get that big pile out of here. All held up by some 1/4" clips that would not even fill a thimble! Small town nice!

Yes please, no mas on brass. My apologies for contributing and thanks to all who defended but in the future, lets let it go. Thanks for your patience Max.
A pic following of some of todays orders out. We are lousy at this(pictures) but it gives an example of the variety in Myrtlewood. The dark one at the bottom is actually the trippiest with the lower right second.
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/myrtlezap/zapsoutSaturdayfeb20002.jpg
those are some impressive units there rick! ...especially that dark one!

Guest,
G

how durable are those zaps? have they ever been tested like i seen
someone doing to his units on youtube?

Guest,
G

FEAR420 said:
the electrician said:
FEAR420 said:
Dont worry C_D....one day the PD fanbois will stop talking outta their asses & just accept the fact that a fucking VAPE IS A VAPE!!!
haha careful were you say that fella, theyll ave you
I can seriously give a fuck...Im tired of all this MZ VS PD VS WDZ crap. A vape is a vape...they all do the same thing,some better than others...it happens.Move on & live with it or buy another one & stfu.
yeh this a pd runned site...so we all to watch what we say!
or else we'll get banned! go figure...

Guest,

FEAR420

Ozmist said:
FEAR420 said:
the electrician said:
haha careful were you say that fella, theyll ave you
I can seriously give a fuck...Im tired of all this MZ VS PD VS WDZ crap. A vape is a vape...they all do the same thing,some better than others...it happens.Move on & live with it or buy another one & stfu.
Apparently you know how to edit a post...yet you make 3 in succession...Then you quote me & stir shit yet AGAIN. :rolleyes:

FEAR420,
G

FEAR420 said:
Ozmist said:
FEAR420 said:
Apparently you know how to edit a post...yet you make 3 in succession...Then you quote me & stir shit yet AGAIN. :rolleyes:
You're a hot-head, i'm not stirring up nothing dude. i don't know why
you have a hair across your ass...just relax FEAR420 it's not that serious
ok bubba. :peace:

Guest,

lwien

Ozmist said:
I can only count on one hand how many people have been banned from this site, and I've been here for over a year. If this were a PD run site, you would not see 58 page threads on the Zap, or threads on the WDZ or HUGE threads on many other vapes other than the PD. The PD got it's marketing start here, so it has a very large user base here, but to state that this is a PD run site is just not accurate.

What you will see is very passionate people talking about the vapes that they own, and very passionate discussions about their favorite vape. You'll see that in the PD thread as well as in this thread. The fact of the matter is that many of us here have had our hands slapped for letting that passion get a bit out of line, and I have no doubt that even Tom, the creeator of the PD has had his slapped a few times as well.

Your statement above is totally false and considering what you just told Fear in the post above while considering that you just joined this site today and how you are conducting yourself here, I have little doubt that you WILL get banned for trolling, and that will have nothing to do with a PD.

lwien,

FEAR420

Ozmist said:
Say something about me again & there's gonna be a problem. This is your first & last warning from me personally. I will NOT stand for people attacking me on a personal level.

Mod note: You'd only be creating a problem for yourself, unless you're talking about reporting a post. A personal attack in response to the same is still against the rules.

FEAR420,

lwien

FEAR420 said:
Ozmist said:
Say something about me again & there's gonna be a problem. This is your first & last warning from me personally. I will NOT stand for people attacking me on a personal level.
Hit the report button Fear. Personal attacks is a bannable offense. Check out his join date. His purpose here should be obvious.

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Ozmist said:
you have a hair across your ass...
just relax FEAR420 it's not that serious
That seems like a little passive-agressiveness and contradictoryness all in the same sentence.

Sure Fear can be a bit 'serious' round these parts, but you also have to take into consideration that we have seen these arguments over and over and over and they get rather old. When they get restirred, it tends to irritate us with the 'Not this shit again'

Like you said, sit back, relax and enjoy a vape. Bottom line is that is what we are ALL here for. :)

AGBeer,
Top Bottom