Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

mnmlh

CrazyFingers said:
:2c: I really didn't like the 13.5 either. That thing REALLY heats things up. I was sure I got smoke the first time I plugged in there. It choked me out, and when I looked in the stem, there was a black layer on the surface of the herbs. Yuck.... way too hot for me!
Mine did that for a while, but doesn't get black anymore. I guess these the wall warts have a break in period. That, or the MZ needs to adjust. Mine smelled like wood for a week, and that has calmed down a lot too. The smell was so noticeable, that I could smell it throughout my whole place.

mnmlh,
G

i might get a zap one of these days!
they kinda look bitchin' ;)

Guest,

Rick

Zapman
collegerower
I've got a pic I will send you in the AM. Close we hope.
Everything going fine just busy. Then the farm is getting ready to fire up. Unbelievable winter we have had. Lots of other drama.
Clear_Dome
I have not forgot you on some Zap stem tips to try. We had a regular supplier for many years all of a sudden decide not to restock one of the parts we use in the stem tip(clip that holds the screen in place). A normal week advance order for several hundred pieces gave me some bad news when I went in to pick them up yesterday. Once I got the right lady, we got it straightened out with an emergency 60 pcs coming tomorrow for orders to go out by Saturday and the balance Tuesday. She promised it would not happen again. It's the economy. Businesses are tightening inventories. I will get caught up on stem promises by Saturday and get back in touch with you, Clear_Dome. Love your English BTW. You are doing great!
CrazyFingers
3 cheers on the 13.5. I think they suck but the customer is always right.

Rick,
G

aero18 said:
Damn Rick, from the sound of things it seems that you are rolling out a lot of MZ's!
yep. i think todd is too from woodeez.
that's awesome for them both. :)

Guest,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Rick said:
collegerower
I've got a pic I will send you in the AM. Close we hope.
Everything going fine just busy. Then the farm is getting ready to fire up. Unbelievable winter we have had. Lots of other drama.
Clear_Dome
I have not forgot you on some Zap stem tips to try. We had a regular supplier for many years all of a sudden decide not to restock one of the parts we use in the stem tip(clip that holds the screen in place). A normal week advance order for several hundred pieces gave me some bad news when I went in to pick them up yesterday. Once I got the right lady, we got it straightened out with an emergency 60 pcs coming tomorrow for orders to go out by Saturday and the balance Tuesday. She promised it would not happen again. It's the economy. Businesses are tightening inventories. I will get caught up on stem promises by Saturday and get back in touch with you, Clear_Dome. Love your English BTW. You are doing great!
CrazyFingers
3 cheers on the 13.5. I think they suck but the customer is always right.
Hi Rick ,
as I did'nt get a second email from you I thought you were no interested or capable to send me tips ,but as soon as the FEAR420 post apear about my pd glass stems, I have been warned by a member that the brass tips of your stems contain some lead and that lead can be toxic ...that may sound weird but I would like to get more information about this befor you ship the tips cause I dont want to be assosiate with some toxic material ,you have to understant that it is really important for me so ....dont spend time and effort if your procuct is not safe :/
:peace:

Clear_Dome,

FEAR420

Clear_Dome said:
Hi Rick ,
as I did'nt get a second email from you I thought you were no interested or capable to send me tips ,but as soon as the FEAR420 post apear about my pd glass stems, I have been warned by a member that the brass tips of your stems contain some lead and that lead can be toxic ...that may sound weird but I would like to get more information about this befor you ship the tips cause I dont want to be assosiate with some toxic material ,you have to understant that it is really important for me so ....dont spend time and effort if your procuct is not safe :/
Dont worry C_D....one day the PD fanbois will stop talking outta their asses & just accept the fact that a fucking VAPE IS A VAPE!!!

Mod note: Please read the rules and abide by them. You're in violation of several rules in the 'Be Nice' section. This type of posting will not be tolerated here.

FEAR420,

the electrician

FEAR420 said:
Dont worry C_D....one day the PD fanbois will stop talking outta their asses & just accept the fact that a fucking VAPE IS A VAPE!!!
haha careful where you say that fella, theyll av you

the electrician,

FEAR420

the electrician said:
FEAR420 said:
haha careful were you say that fella, theyll ave you
I can seriously give a fuck...Im tired of all this MZ VS PD VS WDZ crap. A vape is a vape...they all do the same thing,some better than others...it happens.Move on & live with it or buy another one & stfu.

FEAR420,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
humm that's sad but I'm one of those ....I mean this like the peoples that tell me each day that a pipe is pipe ...they all smoke from a dirty metal pipe while I try to tell them that smoking out of a metal pipe is more toxic than smoking with a glass pipe ....it may sound weird but it mather to me :/

Clear_Dome,

the electrician

FEAR420 said:
I can seriously give a fuck...Im tired of all this MZ VS PD VS WDZ crap. A vape is a vape...they all do the same thing,some better than others...it happens.Move on & live with it or buy another one & stfu.
tsch tell me about it, i just got caught out in another thread. its a nuisance

mind you, that glass stem looked like a winner, i hope the plastic or whatever ones get phased out completely. glass is always so much nicer. so very much nicer

the electrician,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
CD there has been MUCH discussion about this and basically what was found was at best 'inconclusive' in the simplest sense brass does contain lead. The temperature needed to get that said brass to release that said lead is WAY MORE than any of these vapes can accomplish.

AGBeer,

reece

Clear_Dome said:
humm that's sad but I'm one of those ....I mean this like the peoples that tell me each day that a pipe is pipe ...they all smoke from a dirty metal pipe while I try to tell them that smoking out of a metal pipe is more toxic than smoking with a glass pipe ....it may sound weird but it mather to me :/

If it matters why are you making a product with a metal tip?

And no, a vape isn't a vape. There are differences and some are surely made with questionable materials. It is not wrong for you to be concerned. However, there are many people here who have researched this issue. Many have decided there is no risk from the brass tips because the temperature of the vaporizer does not get near the boiling or melting point of lead.

And since members' opinions matter, let me give you mine. I researched for a couple of weeks before deciding to buy a MZ. I still do a little checking every now and then and I have yet to find any evidence that I have to worry.

Here is the opinion of another member, from this thread: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=961&p=1

vtac said:
Is brass safe in a vaporizer? I asked a biochemist who specializes in air quality testing. He's also a fan of vaporizing.

He said he wouldn't be worried about it. If the brass was getting hot enough to emit metallic fumes, your herb would be incinerated. The brass isn't getting anywhere near melting temps, so metal isn't going to be vaporized.
I can assure you the person who warned you cannot provide evidence of inhaling lead from the MZ. If this person can, then please provide it because I can only go by the best information I have at any given moment. I want to be the first to know if my Zap is unsafe. I'm sure Rick would want to know also. He isn't selling anything that he believes to be unsafe. Surely, if this person's concern is safety he/she would provide the proof of an unsafe product to everyone, not just one person in private.

You aren't forcing anyone to use brass. Why not allow folks to decide for themselves considering the lack of any actual proof that the Zap is unsafe. We all know people have harmed themselves using marijuana, yet you have no problem selling products facilitating said use. There is no evidence of lead being inhaled from a MyrtleZap.

reece,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
This issue has been discussed at great length. The MZ stems are safe. I'm sorry someone emailed you on this Clear. Yes the MZ uses brass, yes it is safe!

Lo,
lo said:
This issue has been discussed at great length. The MZ stems are safe. I'm sorry someone emailed you on this Clear. Yes the MZ uses brass, yes it is safe!
Really,

If I had a dollar for every piece of brass my friends and I put a flame to in almost 40 years of combusting - I would be driving a much nicer car. And lighting it definitely heats it up more than these vapes.

I would guess that people have probably been smoking from and putting brass in their mouths for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Howie Feltersnatch,

wthanna

Regarding the whole brass thing... My advice is to do the reading and research yourself and come to your own conclusion. This has become an issue on this board that reminds me of the whole "global warming" debate... :rolleyes: Both sides are absolutely convinced they are right... quite passionate about it.. and uninterested in hearing the other side no matter what.

Here's an example that will probably stir things, but seems quite appropriate

There are two glasses of liquid on the counter. The one on the right contains pure water. The one on the left also contains water, but MAY contain a small amount of a toxic contaminant. I said MAY CONTAIN... I'm going to even go as far as to tell you that even if it does, it is probably such a small amount that you could drink glasses of this water day after day for the rest of your life with no negative effects. I could tell you that I have drank this water every day since I was a baby. I appear to be 100% healthy to you (in this example). Yet, it MAY contain small amounts of a contaminant that is toxic to you. Now I'm going to give you the choice as to which one of these glasses you want to drink from every day. I have not given you any concrete evidence about the levels of toxicity.. or really proved anything.. but I'm giving you no pressure and allowing you to choose your glass. Which do you choose?

This is not an attempt to knock any product.. just to stir some thinking. I personally want to replace my "stems" with some of Clear Domes glass ones when they are available anyway. Awesome looking glass, CD!

wthanna,

Hanibal Lectin

when I looked into it the only info I could find is that it would take 900 plus degrees to release the tiny bit of lead in brass

Hanibal Lectin,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I'm sorry , I know that once again I will look like a dick but I have to make a choice , a choice that will make me lost a tone of money :/ but still ...I have made the choice to not make glass MZ stem as the tips contain lead and for some reason I can not and dont want to be associate with lead. Think what you want , in fact I dont care .

if the lead was so problematic and cause so much confusion than why does Rick just dont make them in Stainless ? this way no one could doubt about the toxicity ....anyway I dont want to stir old shit , that was just my :2c: ...

Clear_Dome,

pbmagnet4

Clear_Dome said:
I'm sorry , I know that once again I will look like a dick but I have to make a choice , a choice that will make me lost a tone of money :/ but still ...I have made the choice to not make glass MZ stem as the tips contain lead and for some reason I can not and dont want to be associate with lead. Think what you want , in fact I dont care .

if the lead was so problematic and cause so much confusion than why does Rick just dont make them in Stainless ? this way no one could doubt about the toxicity ....anyway I dont want to stir old shit , that was just my :2c: ...

What do you think about Woodeez stems CD? Also couldnt MZ users just use a glass PD stem or WZ if they are all around the same sive bowl???
EDIT: My bad I went a page back and I read the stems arnt compatable...

pbmagnet4,

Rick

Zapman
We ARE past this but apparently some like to live in the past.
C_D, why don't you enlighten us by letting us know who planted the "bad brass" thought in your head?
There is no confusion about the issue. False claims are just that and are made to promote sales of another product. That is fine with me but it does not change the facts relating to the issue.
C_D, perhaps you might elaborate of the bonding agent you use to affix the SS tip to the glass?
Sorry we could not hook you up with brass tips as you had asked me about. But then it is soooooo good to stay safe! Good luck with your project and thanks for your thorough research on the brass issue.
edited for:
MZ stems DO work in the PD and WDZ, BTW Clear_Dome, but not the reverse.

Rick,

max

Out to lunch
For future reference, any vape with a thread in the Vaporizer Discussion forum will be considered, for purposes of discussion in this forum, to be safe to use. All discussions of vape design or materials used, as far as safety or material x being better than y, will be limited to the General Vaporization section, and specific models will be not be mentioned.

We have an expanded set of rules that everyone needs to read. The kind of forum we're going to have should be evident from reading these rules. Following what was once our one and only rule- Be Nice -along with common sense, will keep most any member out of trouble. Ignoring this one will get a member no breaks and on the fast track to a permanent ban.

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hahah here we go ... so the compound I use is 100% safe , you can even eat it if you want as it is non toxic even by heating it (that's what the compagnie told me) . the reason why it took me so many time to make those stem is because I thought that a compound like this was not existing .

Rick : I have to apologize myself if I made you work to find the tips but I was ignoring that the tips contain lead ,if you want to be assosiate with lead than it is your choise, I prefer chosing safety over $ . No need to be bitter with me tho , like I said you can think what you want , I dont care . if the brass cause so much confusion than why dont you just make it with SS , everyone should be happy, no ?

pbmagnet4 : I feel bad about the bad about the brass as I have doubt about the safety of this material , I always been a glass purist (if that word made any sence in english) , when people say a vap is vap it is just like saying that a bong is a bong ....this is just not the way I think but feel free to think differently .in other hand I'm SURE that stainless is safe so I can't be wrong , I use my vaporizer maybe 10 time per day , each days , so that make a lot of contact with this ''inhaling device'' . If the tips fit with each other , I dont know , I heard that WZ and PD fit but PD and MZ dont ....I dont know , I just own and use a PD .

EDIT:
OUPS I havent seen you post max ....let me know If i'm crossing any rules , I have been out of the forum for so long that I can remember all . but still I keep trying to be nice and gentle ;)

Clear_Dome,

lwien

Clear_Dome said:
Rick : I have to apologize myself if I made you work to find the tips but I was ignoring that the tips contain lead ,if you want to be assosiate with lead than it is your choise, I prefer chosing safety over $ . No need to be bitter with me tho , like I said you can think what you want , I dont care . if the brass cause so much confusion than why dont you just make it with SS , everyone should be happy, no ?
CD, it's not just the bowls that are made from brass, but rather the whole heat exchanger from which the air is heated is also made from brass, so if Rick ever desired to eliminate brass, it would be a major overhaul.

I'm not suggesting here that brass is safe or not, but just clarifying a fact.

lwien,
Top Bottom