Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
mnmlh said:
B. said:
I go stem directly into downstem.
I've been meaning to take pics of the new setup. Thanks to Rick, I have a few custom sized pieces for using with glass. The piece of stem stock is much better than a GonG adapter in my opinion. It's light, won't break or damage your stem and keeps the same flow rate at both ends of the tube.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/mnmhlh/adapter-001.jpg

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/mnmhlh/adapter-002.jpg

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/mnmhlh/adapter-003.jpg
Yup, that's my set up too, now. 1/2" to 1/2" tubing over stem and "plain stem" into bong.

More often though, I don't bother to put out my bong and I just add a foot long silicon tube to the stem and that cools it off quite a bit, then follow it with a swallow of something ice cold. (precede it, too!)

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Rick said:
We have been shortening the Myrtles up a bit to try to squeeze everything we can out of that nice wood. Not much, maybe 1/4 to 1/2" at the most but that does put the led closer to the heat chamber. Maybe if we stretch them out a bit that would not happen.
In case anybody is wondering, that lower chamber only houses the wiring and is not connected to the heat chamber. So IF any led mounting hardware is melting, it is not in the vapor flow.
Wonder if they have metal led mounts? Not sure how that would look.
As I said earlier, this is the first time I have heard of this in a Zap. Keep us posted as we want to know if this is common with the 13.5s or if anyone has seen it in their Zap.
Mine's been on at 12.5 volts non-stop since I got it on Xmas, and I leave the flower out of it most of the time to keep it up to the temp I like, and I have had no melting. Though I will say that after 24 hours or so of not having the dragonfly oil thing in it, it gets to be like a cup of almost-too-hot coffee. But no negative consequences from that temperature.

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
lo said:
I would suggest email Rick directly for info on replacing the screen. I know it's been discussed in threads so a search might pull it up but I'm sure Rick can help you.

Oh...no need to be poking in those stems really. When done it should tap or easily blow out. If not, hig it again and then tap or blow it out. Some folks crunch it up and reload to vape again as well. Good luck!!
I know I for one, like to load my zap loosely and not full because I'm a light user and I like to try a hit of this strain then a hit of that strain... So becuase of that, I do end up having to dig out some of the semi-vaped stuff in order to move on to another sometimes. Sometimes I have a hit of one thing and then go, "Nah, I want something a little more zippy..." So I had best be careful when I clean the screen with my knife... (Yeah, I know, Everclear... But the knife is right here... :D

AGBeer, I too prefer the cigar puff method. Any method works but some are more appealing than others for one reason or another. I don't like the "thick milk shake" inhale, for example. I prefer the "cigar puffs". (But I never liked smoking a cigar!)

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
mnmlh said:
Nice! Too bad it's not of the Virgin Mary, or Rick could have gotten some major press!

BTW Rick - how's that tubing working out? Sorry if it's majorly kinked from me wrapping it up like that. Curious to hear about what someone so used to the regular style thinks about the heat difference and change in pull.
I see God in mine!

Or is it just my imagination, after a few pulls...? ;)
Maybe we shouldn't notify the press...

Yeah, curious to see what you think about using tubing, Rick... I think not everyone even cares about the vapor being a bit cooler... I like it, though.

MoeOnTheMoon,

Rick

Zapman
Sorry for the space out mnmlh on the tubing answer. It did arrive just fine and was kinked in the package but they all went away as soon as I unwrapped the tubing. It does make the draw different by cooling and seemingly adding more ooomph to the draw. We do not have any glass of any kind so I have not tried it in that way. Thanks for the introduction to tubing. The problem around here is we are older and used to our ways which have worked for years so we don't change much. If it aint broke.............

Wonder if aero18 had the(your) Zap upside down alot when using the 13.5? I can see that making even extra heat in the lower chamber as the heat is rising to the lower chamber when using the Zap upside down. Finals over yet aero? Any more info on the led mount? Remember, we always offer the "no led" option. I have been surprised in a way how rarely that option is picked. Less than 5% of sales I would guess.
Any of you 13.5 folks go back and try the 12 volt again?
I have been turning some of that 30+ year old Myrtlewood lately. Hard as a rock. Not necessarily super dense but so thoroughly dried as it was kept inside, with some heat in the winter for all those years. There is even some currently outlawed wood in the batch that can still be sold because he has the paperwork to authenticate it was purchased when it was legal to do so.

Rick,

collegerower

Rick said:
There is even some currently outlawed wood in the batch that can still be sold because he has the paperwork to authenticate it was purchased when it was legal to do so.
Rick,

Is there any way what we could get a photo of what illegal wood looks like? :brow:

collegerower,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Rick said:
It does make the draw different by cooling and seemingly adding more ooomph to the draw. We do not have any glass of any kind so I have not tried it in that way. Thanks for the introduction to tubing. The problem around here is we are older and used to our ways which have worked for years so we don't change much. If it aint broke.............

I personally like using my glass as it seems a bit easier and it adds to the experience of using my Zap. I still dont mind the original direct draw thru the stem either - they both work well the bong just gives a level of cooling and filtration that makes it that much more enjoyable.

As far as going 'back' to the 12 - I guess it all depends on the strain I am using and how 'well done' I want my ABV when I save it. I still like to play with the 12 and a coozie on occasion and when Im not using my glass.

They BOTH have their place in how close to the moon I want to get.

AGBeer,

Rick

Zapman
I personally do not have the illegal wood. I meant to say the wood I have is from a batch that includes some legal(because it is so old and that can be proven) wood that is currently illegal. I forgot the species but I will ask my friend next time I see him. He is really old school in that he is off the grid and has no internet connection/computer knowledge of any kind. Maybe I can get him to bring a chunk by and we can get a picture of it.
As for the 13.5 on a well broke in unit, we find 13.5 takes it too close to the line of combustion but then we are used to our lighter vapor and are happy with it. Plus our ABV makes a very nice special edition 'shine, available from another old timer.

Rick,

mnmlh

Rick - glad you all got the tubing. Good for giving it a whirl at least. ;)

---

On the 13.5 and 12v topic - I have been using the 12v all day, and then the 13.5v once I am done with work. That is working out very nicely for me. Plus, it keeps some of the ABV from getting too cooked for post-vape usage. Sometimes I will heat up the zap on the 13v and then put it on the 12v for vaping. A nice medium between the two until it "cools" down to the 12v temp. That seems to take a loooong time.

edit: A general question to the board: Have the PD/WDZ folks experimented with different voltages? Are those products even offered with the option to get different voltages with your order? If not, I'd say that is something the 'zap really has going for it. I love the versatility in that way. I'm not sure I could keep up with vaping this much if I only had 12v or 13.5v - I need both!

mnmlh,

flyhoneywarehouse

all this fuss about glassware and you guys are hitting it without water in it? i can see your point if you think the water may reduce the amount of THC inhaled... but isn't the vapor just as likely to condense on every surface of your bong, or the surface area of the ice?

i filed one of my stems down and added an o ring to fit tightly into my downstem and had decent results.. my bong is about 40-45 CM long so i feel like im sucking a LOT of air...it could just be causing a head rush :p i do have a smaller piece, but it has been in storage and requires a good cleaning. for now i'm content with a stem on 12v and throwing on the koozy when i'm looking to drop out.

flyhoneywarehouse,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I have tried several methods when using my glass and I have come to the conclusion that water is definitely a necessity when using it. I tried ldubs method with just ice and I didnt care for it as much. Now, you want to use water AND the ice :brow: Thats my fav

AGBeer,

aero18

vaporist
Rick said:
Sorry for the space out mnmlh on the tubing answer. It did arrive just fine and was kinked in the package but they all went away as soon as I unwrapped the tubing. It does make the draw different by cooling and seemingly adding more ooomph to the draw. We do not have any glass of any kind so I have not tried it in that way. Thanks for the introduction to tubing. The problem around here is we are older and used to our ways which have worked for years so we don't change much. If it aint broke.............

Wonder if aero18 had the(your) Zap upside down alot when using the 13.5? I can see that making even extra heat in the lower chamber as the heat is rising to the lower chamber when using the Zap upside down. Finals over yet aero? Any more info on the led mount? Remember, we always offer the "no led" option. I have been surprised in a way how rarely that option is picked. Less than 5% of sales I would guess.
I have been turning some of that 30+ year old Myrtlewood lately. Hard as a rock. Not necessarily super dense but so thoroughly dried as it was kept inside, with some heat in the winter for all those years. There is even some currently outlawed wood in the batch that can still be sold because he has the paperwork to authenticate it was purchased when it was legal to do so.
No, I didn't have the Zap down a lot. I don't know if the plastic had actually melted, it just looks like it is flaking... but it is plastic and not the polish. It isn't really flaking off completely though... it's hard to explain. There is this weird bulged part of the plastic... maybe heat had something to do with it? I don't know.

At the moment it is just cosmetic. Does anyone have any ideas on how to smooth it out? I was thinking about applying some sort of heat on it but I don't know if it would be worth it. Might make it worse than it is now. :lol:

Have you received the payment Rick? My brother said that he was able to send the completed form to you.

Midterms are done! Only briefly though. :/ Another round of midterms in about two weeks. Then finals in another two after that. The work load has kept my sleep to 2-3 hours a day. Really exhausting but I am over the hill for a little while now. :D

aero18,

B.

War Criminal
AGBeer said:
I have tried several methods when using my glass and I have come to the conclusion that water is definitely a necessity when using it. I tried ldubs method with just ice and I didnt care for it as much. Now, you want to use water AND the ice :brow: Thats my fav
Sometimes I'll go with only ice with my SSV, but I totally agree, with the MZ water is essential, and although ice isn't, i use it every time.

B.,

the electrician

B. said:
AGBeer said:
Sometimes I'll go with only ice with my SSV, but I totally agree, with the MZ water is essential, and although ice isn't, i use it every time.
i say it should depend on the type of bong you have. if its a tube water it up, but if its a shit heap like mine with a gigantic spherical arse then chuck some ice in that mother and fill the bulbous part with vapour, not water. actaulyl i then one upped that design and shoved some whip tubing in the downstem, cut some holes in it and celebrated. not only does it now diffuse better, but i can use minimal water and some ice, and get the most out of the volume

the electrician,

lwien

B. said:
AGBeer said:
I don't find water to be essential. I find that water hurts my ability to gauge my vapor hit, and I also find that, for me, it just doesn't hit me as hard as when I just use ice.

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
lwien said:
B. said:
AGBeer said:
I don't find water to be essential. I find that water hurts my ability to gauge my vapor hit, and I also find that, for me, it just doesn't hit me as hard as when I just use ice.
Putting steaming hot water in the bong is nice. You avoid the dryness altogether!

aero18,

aero18

vaporist
Rick, what glue do you use on the leather and the cardboard inside? My bottom has gotten pretty dinged up so I'd like to replace the bottom support and also glue down the leather on the sides a bit. The leather is lifting off of the base.

aero18,

CrazyFingers

Just ordered my second MZ. :brow: I love my first one so much I've literally put all my other vapes away (except the occasional launch box session on the go) since the day I've gotten it. I ran it with a coozie for the first few nights, to get it a little hotter, but as of yesterday I decided that was getting too hot .

:2c: I personally find that after some breaking in, the 12V is perfect. I ordered a 13.5V with this newest zap though, just to have the option. :ko: I'll post some pics up once it comes. :peace:

CrazyFingers,

Rick

Zapman
mnmlh
Getting into the tubing more. Still just that as an accessory but big difference. Thanks again. We do appreciate the turn on.
Aero18
We user a little dab of Elmers non-toxic wood glue to attach the leather bottom. The cardboard plug has no glue under it so if you want, you can peel the bottom leather off and replace the plug and glue a new piece of leather on the bottom. Glue only goes on the outside of the cardboard plug and around the base(outer lip) of the Zap, then the leather. We trim the leather off by hand after gluing. If you want, I can send you a chunk of leather. You are good to go BTW. Your brother did his job right away.

Just a word or two on customer service. I love that part of this business. We "meet" so many different people from all walks of life. It has always amazed me how many different people enjoy herb. No way can you categorize smokers or vaporists in any way. That is so much a part of what I like about doing the customer end. So much variety.
Having said that, here is an example:
I have one customer who is looking for a piece that has lots of marbling like the Reece or Vapofish example. He is a member of this forum. He also has lots of patience. He wanted something lighter with the marbling. This weeks batch of beauties had one that stood out on the light side. It is a no led version which does fit the piece. The two pics following were done before final assembly but after sanding and a coat or two of ZaPolish. He passed on it. I am not sure if I will keep it for my personal use or send it out. It is ready to go. I still have a good line behind it. Not sure if any of you ordered in the last two days? Anybody want it?
forPhil-005.jpg

forPhil-004.jpg

CrazyFingers
You lucked out by getting in on the last batch of the week. Yours will ship today or tomorrow. I had another nice one on the darker side picked for you but if you want the above Myrtle, you would have first choice. As I recall you did not give us a preference. You also are from FC and a repeat customer so get an extra stem for each.

Rick,

CrazyFingers

Wow! What a beautiful chunk of wood!

I think I might take you up on that one.... the marbling is really great. I shot you an email a min ago.

Thanks so much for the stems, I'll keep an eye out for everything on monday!

CrazyFingers,

Rick

Zapman
OK, Crazy Fingers gets that one. Worked out great as he was next in line anyway. Now I can keep my first pick for him for myself. A darkie with a nice knot.

Rick,
Top Bottom