• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

SD_haze

My "beta" maple rockzap just recently turned 15 months and still making my room smell wonderful.

I call this combination of essential oils:

"Pot Roast in December"
hANVb.jpg

Gunky

I have a maple one very similar in shape and scored bands to the 'Sue' model above. It's a real champ, by the way. I've been running it over a year and no signs of any issue whatsoever. It's so nice to see zaps again!

Gunky,
Reactions: Rick

SleepyHead

Hope everyone is doing well, including you Rick! I always like to check in and catching up on how old frients are doing, especially since the incident.

Quick question though to anyone who knows, are the retaining rings inside the stems zinc plated? Thanks and keep zappin!

SleepyHead,

Vitolo

Vaporist
They can be of many materials, depending on what you order.
Most are either Carbon Steel or Stainless Steel....
and some are bare or some coated with "black phosphate"
Zinc coating is used to prevent metal from getting brittle in the face of hydrogen exposure.
There are Zinc coated retaining rings out there.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, I gotta say how much I am enjoying my Zap Bubbler! Its the shit Rick and something I should a got a long time ago. Its the only way I vape now. I use it with everything especially my WW. Thanks Rick for providing such a great piece and thanks Vito for hooking me up!

Vitolo

Vaporist
YVW Ed!
Let me explain folks....
I use water rarely... I love my vapor straight up.
When Zapville was wrongly attacked by the local Government, Ed was really sad.
He told me he had been dragging his feet, and all of a sudden time was up.
After all of the golden wooden opportunities that Ed has enhanced my life with (I am a wood freak)... I felt that if my bubbler was going to live anywhere.... it had to be with our friend and Zapville family member "Ed"
This is the Bubbler he speaks of:
P.S.... I also used it with EVERY vape in the house!

Widespread

I still have one of the square Aromazaps. I bought it years ago, when Overgrow.com was still around.

All told, I bought about five of the units over the course of several years. I have given 2 to friends, including a cancer patient (Rusty, RIP).

They are very efficient. They only hold a tiny bit, though, so you have to keep refilling.
With all of my units, the little metal clip that apparently holds the heating element/ brass tube assembly, has eventually detached. The assembly falls partway down into the wooden casing. With my current unit, it only fell down a little bit, so it can be used with no problem, although hole in the top doesn't look so great. But that was only after years of daily usage.

Ultimately, my consumption increased to the point where I need something that holds more at one time. I also learned that I prefer methods that don't char the outside surface of the dottle.

But the Aromazap was my first vaporizer, and it has a special place in my heart.

So here's to you, Zapman! It was nice to learn the story of you and your wife's venture.

Rick

Zapman
Time to drop in for a few words.
Thanks again to all for the kind words and Zap memories. This thread and FC have been our "hangout" for a few years now. It was a fun ride doing a good thing and meeting so many good people via this forum, the Zap business and related customer service. We also are happy to have had a part in keeping the classic log vape design alive for a few years before the PD and others came along to help carry the torch.

But..........the reality of this summers event is clear now. We are out of the Zap business and always will be. There is no going back. Nothing stolen from us that day has been returned because the wheels of the legal system are what they are. We went from a going business concern to a planned retirement from that business to a total shut down in six short hours. Any dreams of any of that coming back for us are now gone. Now the reality of a fight with the State of Idaho over our home and my liberty is all that matters. Once that is resolved, Aromazap is still gone for us.

In a way sad but in a way also a good thing. Our experience displays the idiocy of the war on drugs. Put a man out of business, threaten to take his home because he is bad. He has not stolen or lied or cheated or assaulted or murdered or defrauded or hurt in any way another human but he is a bad man and must pay for his non violent crime. Maybe with all the news from Washington and Colorado we will see the war on drugs slowly fade away. I sure hope so.

I'm really not trying to bitch but rather just say it as it is. It is not fair or just but it is. We have to take the bad with the good in life and try to make the best out of it all. Shit happens in life but maybe we can turn it into compost and grow beautiful flowers.

We have always used regular carbon steel retaining rings. They were never zinc plated to the best of my knowledge.

Do your best to always keep up the fun and enjoy your life. Hug your loved ones often. Say "I love you" often and be thankful all the time.

flasharoo

Wow, I haven't been on here in forever. I'm really sorry about everything that's happened Rick. I hope you're able to get on with a normal life again soon. I'll try to post a picture of my rockzap for ya (Oct 2011?). Just wanted to say thank you. Helped me through a rough time.

Is Ed's bubbler going to be on sale? All of my stems are currently unusable (screens), and that bubbler sure looks nice :)

flasharoo,

Rick

Zapman
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! We have a nice few inches of snow here with about 25 degrees to keep it that way. Fun stuff TO LOOK AT this time of the year.

Our event from 7/25 has now entered a new phase in that we now are beginning to get "discovery" from the great State of Idaho. For those who are not familiar with the word, discovery is when a person who is the defendant in a criminal and/or civil case gets to see the plaintiffs cards, all their cards. Sometimes it takes awhile to get all or most of their cards. VERY interesting stuff. I'll let you in on a few things, very general in nature, just for the fun of it.

> specific dates and names of people participating in LEO interviews. These also include statements made to LEO about us and our family.
> LEOs do lie. Many of you know that. I was still a naive kid thinking they were truthful and honorable in all their dealings.
> Discovery allowed in civil cases is very different and much more thorough than in criminal cases.
> LEO now describes snitches as a "confidential source(CS)" rather than the old "confidential informant".
> Our guess regarding the cause of the event, based on much interaction with LEO on 7/25, was confirmed by discovery evidence.
> Here is a good one. They did two stings of buying a Zap from me. Those were in March and May and were sent to a Washington address, paid by money order. Both were sent to the forensic lab in Boise and both came back "negative". The second was even disassembled. They checked them thoroughly because the CS told them MJ was used(smoked, then cleaned) in all of them before we shipped.
> This will take much more time to resolve. We did leave our weekly lawyer visit Friday with a little smile that lasted awhile.
>The LEO in charge has many many hours of special drug education. Yes. They know so much about all of us. The WOD is contributing immensely to the "us and them" mentality so evident in our fine country these days.

Edit: I will be talking with Dave of UD soon regarding supplying Zap stems and possibly other Zap accessories. We thought supplies taken from us would be returned within a few months but that is not happening. Today is the 5 month anniversary of the event.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Sounds like the CS's were spitting straight BS. I've been following your story since the beginning of the tragic event and have owned numerous zaps. It is indeed crazy how a legitimate business can be scrutinized under such false premises. So is the way of life and our legal system.

Good vibes to you and your family. I wish you the best in 2013 Rick.

Rick

Zapman
There was only one CS, the one we always knew was the one. There is no doubt about that.
The beauty of what happened is that this is quite a web of deceit. That web of lies included others besides the CS. That would be others with badges.
From what we have seen from discovery so far, now over 5 months from the event, when a LEO decides to join the WOD, there is a very good chance they give up whatever integrity they may have.
Remember folks, it has been just the last couple weeks that we have been able to get any discovery. Discovery = their cards in this sickening game.

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is known that I have 2 Zaps that have not been used (one old... and one CRZ). I decided to plug in my Old School Zap for the 1st time, and show the newer members how we did it in the old days!
I thought it fitting to end the year, with a 1st voyage of the last known unused Old School Zap.
P.S.-
I proudly designed, and printed the labels for the ZaPolish. It was a gift of love for Rick and Pat and indeed all of Zapville~

Nycdeisel

What a nice, heartwarming video Vitolo. I love it as always :)

I like the particular music you chose for this one. Could you be so kind as to please share what it is? Whatever that instrument is being played I am now intent on learning it! :p :clap: :tup:

Happy new year everybody! Its almost time! :)

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
From what we have seen from discovery so far, now over 5 months from the event, when a LEO decides to join the WOD, there is a very good chance they give up whatever integrity they may have.

Unfortunately it's not until one has a run in with the law that they discover (pun intended) this. We are born blissfully ignorant trusting others particularly authority and LEO when it comes to integrity and honesty. When I was 16 I felt the world crash around me and my positive beliefs around LEO were shattered. Lies and deception are why a lot of people do not trust LEO.

This doesn't apply to all officers, there are some great LEOs out there. But it only takes one bad experience to cause a dramatic paradigm shift in a citizens thinking.

Best policy is to politely plead the fifth and have representation from an eminent lawyer. Godspeed in 2013 Rick.

Rick

Zapman
Right on, Steele.
I don't know if our lawyer is 'eminent' but he has practiced in Coeur d'Alene, ID for over 30 years. We met him in 1980 or so when he first put his shingle up and advertised a free consultation in the Nickels Worth. He knows all the judges well as he knew them when they were 'just attorneys'. He also has a very good reputation. Serious, not frivolous. When he shows up, everybody better pay attention because he does his homework real well and he does not do lawyer stuff to waste peoples time and money.
He is strong and calm
He is our earthly guardian through this chaos
I cannot say enough about how he helps Pat and me
Thank you Jeff

And thank you Vitolo for another fine Zap video. Such wonderful memories. I have even found a few items in the shop that the gang of 40 missed. A little surprise here and there. Some day. Some way.

Top Bottom