Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
so if my truck is running hotter can I get a brick that runs like a little bit higher like 1 notch above the one it comes with?
Is something wrong with me,,,I don't understand this. Also, the Zap website has obviously been down since last night. I took the grankids to 'Big Trees' came home around 10:30-11:00 it was down.

Jeppy,
Reactions: Rick

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes Will... I will agree.
Do not worry or be sad... the Zap will take you through some rough times.
Rick is very interested in seeing to it that you stay medicated... so this stumbling block will move along fast!
BTW a cold solder joint is typically a joint where maybe the soldering iron wasn't hot enough or enough heat wasn't applied for the solder to melt and really form a good bond.

Vitolo,
this could also be a problem with the outlet you are using, have you tried other outlets. if it's in a power strip try it straight in the wall. if that doesn't help then there is VV PS than you can make your vape whatever temp you please. then there's always the possibility that something needs fixed as others have mentioned.
one last possibility that might be exacerbating whatever is going on is that maybe the weed you are using isn't dry enough.

Is something wrong with me,,,I don't understand this. Also, the Zap website has obviously been down since last night. I took the grankids to 'Big Trees' came home around 10:30-11:00 it was down.
I kinda ment the one that comes with it is a 12v 1A brick do they make a 13v 1A plug i guess? If guy said my truck runs 14 and it is hot, the one it comes with is 12 and it's warm shouldn't a 13 put me right in the middle or does it not work that way? I am not electrical smart lol. I have one of those meters with the red and black wires with pokey things on the end but I don't know how to use it lol

Willuminati,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I kinda ment the one that comes with it is a 12v 1A brick do they make a 13v 1A plug i guess? If guy said my truck runs 14 and it is hot, the one it comes with is 12 and it's warm shouldn't a 13 put me right in the middle or does it not work that way? I am not electrical smart lol. I have one of those meters with the red and black wires with pokey things on the end but I don't know how to use it lol

As rick has mentioned before the voltage becomes variable. with the 12v adapters, they can reach up to 14v (i think?), with the 13.5v adapters, they can reach up to 16v and be dangerous to the logs. That is why a VV ps would be a good option since you could control the heat and even turn it down a good amount when you don't need the power to prolong the life of your log and your energy bill.

I would say you should be getting darker than green with the CRZ, i am able to get some gold-green (though still not as dark as I would like, hopefully the VV will help)

As rick has mentioned before the voltage becomes variable. with the 12v adapters, they can reach up to 14v (i think?), with the 13.5v adapters, they can reach up to 16v and be dangerous to the logs. That is why a VV ps would be a good option since you could control the heat and even turn it down a good amount when you don't need the power to prolong the life of your log and your energy bill.

I would say you should be getting darker than green with the CRZ, i am able to get some gold-green (though still not as dark as I would like, hopefully the VV will help)
oh my gosh that was the best summary thank you I can understand that much better. I don't want to harm my CRZ and I thank you all for the input I will more than likely purchase the vv supply.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
My Black Locust runs a little cool most of the time. There are a couple of different times throughout the day that she runs very hot. I actually prefer the somewhat cooler temps. More lasting flavor and the loads don't cash out right away. I will probably pick up a VV and support Rick and get the wires from him. Zapville still down. :(

Rick

Zapman
Zapville still down is right. We are in contact with command central and got this...."JustHost upgraded the server. Obviously something is screwed up............(and).......
cleardot.gif

It seems that the database users were not migrated with the rest of the server..."

Whatever that means, nobody gets to see AZ.com til it is fixed.
I took advantage of the closed cloud shop and hit the earth shop heavy, getting much done today.
Minor changes in the VV PS plan by changing to AWG18 wire for the power cord. Stock fixed voltage transformers use an AWG22 kinky wire. We were going to use AWG16 but that turned out to be just a little too heavy on the Zaps and difficult to solder to the PS plug. We also are doing six foot power cords as they seem plenty long for normal use. Remember, the power supply will be closer to the Zap than the old wall wart type fixed voltage transformer which also has a 6 foot cord. Once the ball is rolling smoothly, we will offer longer cords and split cords to power 2 Zaps at one time.
@Willuminati, I think your Zap is fine. Just a guess though. The sweet voltage range will vary unit to unit but is 13.5 to 14.2 or so around here for the Zaps we have been trying. I also want to stress the importance of clean stems and screens along with very dry herb ground medium fine or so. I have not found a Zap that will not do whatever asked with the VV PS.
As Elluzion repeated, we always have been pumping very close to 13.5 to 13.8 volts to the Zaps with the standard 12 volt unregulated transformer. That is the actual voltage I get on them WITH the Zap load. 13.5 volt transformers were well over 15 volts actual output, closer to 16 volts. I'll be recommending 14.5 as a maximum voltage on the VV PS but the CRZs will take more for those who want to try. I think the max voltage will be self limiting because of taste and quick load cashing as Jeppy mentioned, with higher heat.
When I get my head above water a little, I'll come up with an offer for current Zap owners having heat problems on the VV PS at a good price. Or we will get you a power cord for bottom dollar, whatever works.

I should still be able to get much shipped tomorrow, even if the website is down. We also have a plan B if needed for the Abysmal stuff. I did gather those pieces all up and shine them good on the buffer for decent pics today. We'll see where we are in the morning with the website before considering changing any plans.

Really just a nice break for me because I stayed away from the laptop all day. Normally I am always checking something in the back end of the store

Nycdeisel

Good morning Mom! :wave: good morning zapville

My next bubbler will be a zapbubbler ;)
I love that inline bub a lot though, its such a perfect fit with the crz , whenever i use other pieces with it i always come running back to this one :)

I am having a sudden problem with my zap. I've had it for several months now with no problems, took it with me to the Wall show this weekend to have in the car and the hotel, worked great the entire way. Yesterday, when we got back, I plugged it back into it's normal docking place, and that's when things started going wrong. Several hours later, it was as cold as can be. I have tried different outlets and it did heat a bit once, but then went cold as can be again. So does this sound like a transformer problem? Anything I can do?

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Dude, do you have another wall adapter that you could try it with? You also mentioned that you had used it in the car; try it there again. This will rule out an adapter problem if it heats up. If it doesn't, I think it could be the Zap. Shoot Rick an email.

Rick

Zapman
Jeppy, our power cord is designed for the type of VV PS that uses one port for the switch and one port for power. Many of the Tattoo machine power supplies work that way. The PS you linked which was the first one I bought, supplies the power from the TWO output plugs/terminals, one + and one -. The beauty of that particular unit is the the power ports take a 1/4" banana plug OR you can unscrew the red and black knobs and install the stripped bare ends of the of the power wire under the screw knobs, then tighten the knobs. So the power connection to that PS can be done in two ways, a banana plug or clamping down on the stripped wires. You have to reef pretty well to unscrew the knobs as they are screwed in tight from the factory. That is a good unit too. Mine has never missed a beat and is larger than many VV PS. It also runs plenty cool with the Zap load. Not sure if I like red with flames but it will do the job. That unit will work with any cord that has a Zap plug(5.5 x 2.1 mm) since you can strip the wire ends and attach directly to the PS.

Nice vid NYC. Thanks for treating us to another neat one.

OK, here is what I will ask of some of you now because my website is still down. Anyone who has ordered a Zap this last Saturday or earlier, Email me(or better yet send me a copy of your order/invoice). I have several CRZs that we finished yesterday and are due to ship today if I can get the correct order info without getting into our web store. I do have the Paypal notices in Email but they can be sketchy on what was ordered and often the shipping address is different that what the customer requested.
All of the actual store records are at the store but the door is still closed. I can ship without the store but need to confirm what was ordered and shipping address so any help you can send our way will help us get orders out today.

I will also get a pic up sometime today of the Abysmal stuff we will be offering. It will be a group shot posted here. Some CRZs and some oldies. No sales til the website is up.........assuming that happens soon. We will cross any bridge that may come up related to this problem and Zapville will keep on chugging, even though for now we have disappeared from the world.

I am the kind of person that does not attempt to cross a bridge til I know it is there, for sure. This blank website thing will pass soon is my educated guess.

edit for Dude: If the Zap heats up in the car, as it did before you got home, this will rule IN an adapter problem, not rule it out. That is my guess, a bad wall adapter or a broken wire from the wall adapter. To be honest, we seem to be getting more that a normal amount of "bad" transformers with these new heavier DC units. Is the transformer warm at all when plugged in for awhile?

UPDATE on website: The 'problem' has been addressed to the people responsible for the fuck up along with plenty of squeaky wheel stuff. It is in their hands now so we wait some more. As my lawyer once told me....." it is all about finding the right person, the one who can do something about the problem"

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I have used that VVPS with all my log vapes and it works great. as Rick said, it has never skipped a beat since the day I got it. The flames don't bother me so much as it sits at the back of a shelf on my work desk and I can only see the front screen anyway.

Still loving the Zapubler. I am finding almost unlimited ways to use his thing. Thanks again Rick :tup:

hey Zapville Thank you @Rick I think my zap is fine as well. As I am a semi retired tattoo artist I have shop supplies kicking around my house, I have a mastech supply that looks like this
mastech.jpg

the clip cord and foot pedal are then plugged into the front with a single plug that looks like this
plug.jpg

the little notch says neg - so that side plugs into the black. when your wire set up's are done will it work with this type?

Willuminati,
Reactions: Vitolo

Rick

Zapman
Will, that is a very good power supply with the voltage coming out both output plugs, not one. The black thingy with two 1/4" banana plugs coverts those two output plugs into a switching circuit with the foot pedal being the switch. My advice is to get two 1/4" banana plugs to attach to the end of your power wire(with the Zap plug on the other end), then just plug them in to the two plug holes on the PS. Save that Tattoo gizmo for tattooing. We do not really need a switch for the circuit which is all the footpedal does......switches the power off and on. Also, polarity does not matter for the Zap as she is a bi. She takes that DC juice any way you want to give it to her. OMG!

I laughed for 5 mins I swear that makes my Zap sound so dirty.... I think I am going to try it out. Now If I had like one of your fix it kits and say a 20 foot chunk of semi heavy aug speaker wire with the banana clips on the other end would that work oh and should I leave the top dial the amp one right on 1.0 A?

Ok. we are going to put the brakes on that one looks like I will be waiting for Rick's VV's because the woman just cruded me out about she want's more Ink and how I shouldn't leave my power supply on 24/7 cause my Zap stays plugged in all the time cause I am up in the night usually... what was I doing how dare I go thinking without my woman's permission...lol

Rick

Zapman
Learn that one with a smile Will. She is right too as those PS's are overkill unless you want to run 4 or more Zaps on it.
We're back up.
Order of business:
Finish shipping a bunch of Zaps which includes a trip to the PO, over 20 miles. Be done by 5:30 Pacific.
Put up the new CRZs on the site, already shot and edited.
Shoot Abysmal stuff with a group shot for FC. I am not sure if I will make that tonight......maybe the group shot..........
And then..........it will be tomorrow

edit for Dude: If the Zap heats up in the car, as it did before you got home, this will rule IN an adapter problem, not rule it out. That is my guess, a bad wall adapter or a broken wire from the wall adapter. To be honest, we seem to be getting more that a normal amount of "bad" transformers with these new heavier DC units. Is the transformer warm at all when plugged in for awhile?

Hey Rick. I have tried several outlets in the house, making sure to try ones that I know are on different feeds, and I got the same cold results in all, even after several hours. Also, I cannot detect any heat on the transformer either.

I just hooked up my zap in the car using my adapter, and it started heating up right away. After 20 minutes or so, it was getting close to operating temps.

So this sounds like a bad transformer, right? That would be much better than a problem with the heating core itself, I would think. Is that transformer covered under the warranty?

Nycdeisel

SOunds like its the transformer/cord. it happens. usually when the cord is stressed it starts to break the tiny wires inside the cord which leads to it failing to heat up

Rick

Zapman
TheDude, yes a bad transformer or broken transformer output wire as NYC pointed out. Email me for a deal on the VV PS we are offering.

OK, here are some Abysmal Bennie group shots. These will be going up tomorrow. Some are old brass Zaps or retro-ed with SS to fit brass stems. A couple are classics as you can see. Some are CRZs. They will all come with a transformer and one stem to fit the Zap, brass or SS. Shipping will be included in the price. They all work but a couple may have a pine smell for awhile or forever.
I will send 75% of the net money to Abysmal via PayPal. Net money equals sales price less shipping and my PayPal fee.
We are also getting some nice Primo CRZs up tonight. Please, no discount on the Abysmal stuff. Discount fine on our regular CRZ offerings.

Our Brass offerings. These are all the old classic style Zap. Some have a SS heatport retrofit. Some are mainly for nostalgia and go back over ten years. Small CRZ in the middle is for size comparison only.
AbysmalBrass.jpg

Here are the CRZs we will be offering for the Abysmal Bennie.
AbysmalCRZ.jpg

And here is another size comparison showing the CRZs to a ten year old Blue Pine Zap.
Abysmalcomparesize.jpg

Nice to have the train headed down the track again. Back later or in the morning.

Top Bottom