Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

kewpcer

@kewpcer- I would say about 3 1/2" tall by under 2" in diameter is the smallest Zap we can make. We are staying with the same heatport size with all Zaps now, no smaller ones. .

That's what I meant. I was wondering if there was any room to give with the wood around the heater. I don't want my performance affected in anyway, just a smaller housing since i mostly just pop the heater over the stem in my bong anyway.

I gotcha about the core size. Any mass you give up there affects performance.

I'll probably just bite the bullet and have you send me one of those new fangled short taper stems when you return my Zap :D

kewpcer,
Reactions: Rick

Rick

Zapman
@kewpcer- get that fucker back to me. I'll fix you up. You don't need to order anything. Besides, my feeble mind is cluttered with "to dos", some of which I need to wait on a customer, like yours.
I'll also play a little more with YOUR wood since you were with us way back in the CRZ beginnings and earlier. Who knows what will pop out of Zapville for you?
How the fuck did I get a smiley in my website address? I'll leave it as it still works.
So our signature only works for signed in members? Or am I missing something?

Rick,
Reactions: Vitolo

Rick

Zapman
But Vito.........it still works with the smiley. I'll leave it be for now.
I'm sure it was me that screwed up on my laptop as I am always hitting the wrong keys on this baby.

Mod or somebody............sigs cannot be seen on our posts except by signed in FC members?

Rick,

kewpcer

It's just so hard to let go of it! I'll get it in the mail today. Time to break out the RZ1 :)

kewpcer,
Reactions: Rick

HerbieVonVapster

Hello All,
Longtime lurker here and just had to make a new account to say how impressed i have been with my zaps ..got the first one year and half ago as a christmas gift ..After a unfortunate error with a tile kit and a well medicated me me ended up the new style CRZ.

Today received my new Zapubler and WOW this thing rocks...Thanks Rick heck I even got the holder pictured on site and it matches my crz perfectly.

HerbieVonVapster

Ok some first impressions vitolo comments are right on concerning the small amount of water. It is just enough to cool down vaporizer yet allow larger smoother hits.

The Zapubler fits on the CRZ very well, it's nicely balanced and comfortable without feeling awkward, even well using it one handed.

Things quickly learned was you can not blow out the used wad without getting dribbled on.

Only slight thing change I could see would be have the GonG stems a bit longer. I am finding after using it that the are hard to remove from the Zapubler ...just not enough finger room on nylon to get a grip without touching the hot metal.

Rick

Zapman
@Herbie- Thanks for the bubbler review and comments. Yes, the short GonG stem has to be removed before blowing out the ABV. These bubblers are designed for a one-way airflow for sure. We also appreciate your comments on the GonG stem length. I will be sure to match them up to each Bubbler in the future and allow a little finger room for removal. My 14 mm GonG taper is eyeballed so some stems could slip into the glass further than others.
In the meantime, hows about I send you a couple GonG stems that are slightly longer than what you have. If any of the ones you have are unused, you can send them back when you get the longer ones. I know who you are by your description of the holder you received.
@DannyVi- We are all anxious to hear your bubbler comments. This is a brand new goodie. If we need to do some tweaking, we will do it.

Rick,

DannyVi

I really enjoy using it. Lots more vapor and less strain on your throat so you can take in more vapor. I get about 5-6 nice clouds. Very glad I jumped on it. I have to problem taking out the stem I just wiggle it and it it fall on my lap.

If possible a larger one would be amazing but I think this is a great addition and if I had the money and they were available Id buy another as a backup.

DannyVi

Are you going to sell the wooden bases for the bubblers again? It would be cool if you sold a base that you can put any stem in.

DannyVi,

Rick

Zapman
We will always offer wooden holders as an option for the bubblers. For now, they are built just for the bubblers with one hole in the middle that holds the bubbler firmly. A single stem will also fit in the holder but with a loose fit.

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Rick do you have any updates on the next set of bubblers? I was too slow the last time around.

Gonzo,
Reactions: DannyVi

SD_haze

Just noticed something odd with my aromatherapy setup on the rockzap.

I have some cinnamon leaf oil that I dropped on some distilled water, its been diffusing for a bit over an hour, and I just walked into the room and saw little plumes of white vapor/smoke coming out of the cup every ~5-7 seconds or so.

Nothing smells especially burnt and using the standard power supply with no koozie or anything.

Definitely never noticed this before,
Is this a normal thing to happen? :suspicious:

SD_haze,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
SD_haze, as far as I know it is normal. Mine does the same. It's just little whiffs of vapor.

Jeppy,

Nycdeisel

Yup its just vapor from the oils and water. mostly the water though.

I just got some cinnamon leaf essential oil yesterday. Its very strong on its own, too much so for me. I have tried combining it with peppermint oil but i was try just dilluting it with a few drops of water

I see those little puffs of vapor from just the pure oils themselves, its totally normal.

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use lemon oil... or tangerine (both pure).. to dilute cinnamon leaf.

You can also go "opposite" (to the darker, more serious essences) to alter the sweetness of cinammon... with a drop of:
Ajwayan, white thyme, rosemary, pine oil, or patchouli
Here is the large aromatop from another device.. at rest
DSC01150.jpg

Here is this same top, using stop motion photography... just oils and no water. See how the oils sizzle, and dance on the air, in stringlets, droplets and mist!
DSC01147.jpg

Rick

Zapman
Gonzo and many others, mid to late next week will be the earliest for a bubbler re-stock. I talked with Tim late yesterday and got the report. He has a retail show coming up next week and has been busy getting stuff ready for that. Our bubblers are not so simple and have to be done in many steps by a real pro. I have a feeling they will always be available only in limited supply, at least in the near future. We do not do any glass work here in Zapville. We stick to wood in Zapville and very alive dirt in Howling Hills Farm which keeps us all very busy.

On a side note, we have new energy for Howling Hills this year. We have more planted earlier than ever before. Our winter ended abruptly and terraced farm rows dried out very quickly. We have never had even the early stuff out at this time. It is so nice in there that our cows are giving us a real test on farm fencing and got me in the red zone a couple times in the last few days. I fixed the turds with a couple strings of very hot electric wire around their favorite spots to get into the farm. Wilma even slept on the very steep hill where she would always get in. She did it to show us we got her........this time. A few ip cameras here and there keep us tuned in to the action and save our ass on occasion. The cow stuff has slowed the Zapville train the last few days but we are back on track today and should get a few more Zaps up by evening.

Also have the first Western Red Cedar "on the test bench" now. Works very fine with slightly larger wood dimensions. Comfortable warm to hold and vapor about as hot as we can make it. Cedar is a very soft wood, very similar to Redwood. It will dent and nick very easily. Sometimes I wonder if they happen magically. The wood does not buff up like the hardwoods either. I will probably offer them at a lower price point because they do not have the class of a hardwood CRZ and we have the wood in unlimited supply from our own woodlot.
Maybe the Chevy Bel Air. You know, the ugly one with the 409 and a big 4 barrel carb.

Top Bottom