Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
What a great photo. I see the convenience of the vertical angle of the downstem - not having to hold the vape in one hand. I could relate to having a piece like this, but not until Kranmar's Delicious Mystery Appetizer takes off.
(for old Honeymooners fans)
You have a nice table for your stuff. I could have a better table but the one that I have is a wobbly pine coffee table I got from craigslist a few years ago. I like it - it's kind of perfect in many ways.
I figure that eventually it will collapse and then it will be replaced with the next cragislist coffee table.

jeffp,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Had a crazy event happen this weekend that showed me how the CRZ can just "blend into the woodwork." We were at our northern cottage with guests. In the middle of the night, we had to call 911 for one of them and had no fewer than 8 EMS workers in the place. My CRZ was out in plain site with the aroma cup on it. Not one of the police officers even noticed it, in spite of the fact that we were talking right next to it. In the panic, it hadn't even occurred to me to hide it.

So folks, those of you who are needing something stealthy need look no further. No one that is unaware of log vapes would ever dream this was a piece of paraphernalia.

momofthegoons,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I would hope that even if an emergency personel did know that a CRZ was a vape, that they would just do their job, save lifes and continue on. But we all know that's wishful thinking :lol:

aesthyrian,

Rick

Zapman
I think EMTs do their job and keep their mouth shut unless there is some blatant abuse going on. Police officers, on the other hand, are highly trained to observe any evidence of illegal drug use. When anything in that area is detected, they go on automatic pilot and will not stop until they have "found" everything, including your hands for the cuffs. They know where much of their money comes from, the War on Drugs, so they are focused, very focused. It is all about money.
You are right though mom. I'll bet that would not have happened with a Cloud on the table.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well, none the less, I was shitting my pants!!!! Nothing like talking to a cop, looking down and spotting your vape on the table!!! Thank God I had put away my stems and grinder! :o :uhoh:

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

Close call , mom. just glad it went smoothly for you! and hopefully for the others involved too.

ya i have too much glass to worry about a few log vapes hiding in plain sight :ninja: :D

:peace:

Nycdeisel,
Just got confirmation that my zap is on the way. So excited...thanks again Rick! You made it sound ugly in your email lol, but im sure i'll love it :lol:

Snugglebandit,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
ZapGod Rick, I got a multimeter. I plugged the green plug in, then put the leads to it. Numbers jumped everywhere. So I used the inside and outside corners of the plug to test and they held fairly steady.

The black locust is about 22 ohms. It jumped slightly up and down, but 22 was average.
The ambrosia maple, comes in at about 3.

That can't be right though, because at just 3 ohms, it wouldn't work at all right? It works, it just runs quite cooler than the BL.

Magic9,

max

Out to lunch
Nothing like talking to a cop, looking down and spotting your vape on the table!!!
That's the nice thing about this type. It has a secret identity as an essential oil diffuser. According to reports, yours isn't the first to get overlooked by LEO's.

Thank God I had put away my stems and grinder!
Yeah, that's the key to passing inspection for sure.

max,
I have my zap sitting on top of a wood entryway coat rack, so it sits a few inches above eye level with the cord running behind the rack. I bet most people would mistake it for a candle. It looks like it belongs as a decoration piece up there.

TheDudeNextDoor,

THCMuscle

My zap is viewed daily by MANY people who are anti-cannabis and would flip if they knew its function. I even show people that it is a diffuser, and of course they all believe it because it is!

I think having a small EO collection really solidifys the stealthiness of the Zap because it gives answers to questions in case someone asks.

THCMuscle,

Rick

Zapman
Magig9, the reading on the Ambrosia Maple cannot be right. I push the voltmeter probe ends on the tightening screws in the plug and always seem to get a consistent reading. If you are not getting something close to 20 ohms, we have a problem that might need Zapville attention. Black Locust reading is about right. I will have more to say on the ohm/heat relationship later.
For now, some fun.
We got our first 'dead' CRZ back last week. This is the first one that just stopped working, cold as a cucumber. No ohm measurement at the plug. So I pull the bottom and find this was an original, before we really got the right depths on the main bore hole. Long story short, the plug was shorted and did not function properly. This happened with time and one of our clearances too tight, something we corrected months ago.
So I had to dismantle the unit, including removing the top ceramic insulating ring so I could drill the center hole deeper for more internal clearance. Getting that top ring out can be a bitch as it usually has to be chipped out from the bottom. With heat, the center hole shrinks and those ceramic insulators get very tight in the wood.
Do we remember Barrel of Fire?
group9-27003.jpg

In the process of trying to get the top ceramic ring out, I broke the top lip on the CRZ. A big chunk broke off. So back to the lathe to try for a fix, then to the drill press to bore the hole deeper, then back to the lathe to finish. This Zap is on the test bench now and is doing fine. It is the same wood with a heat treated finish, then buffed thoroughly.
BOF2.jpg

BOF1.jpg

See what the new design allows? I was a bit concerned early in the process because 6 months of heat throws the wood out of round and gave us us some wobble when first put on the lathe. A little time with sharp tools and sandpaper fixed that problem.
I love my new buffer. I love my job.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Oh.....so pretty! I think I like it better without the lip and the finish just pops.

Loving that your loving the buffer and job so much these days Rick! ;)

momofthegoons,

nanners

Hello fellow zap lovers! I've been lurking for awhile on this site, but never really posted. I have a brass myrlezap and love it! Lately, I've been contemplating on getting a CRZ. And I was wondering if there was a way to use a brass tooty with a CRZ.

Thanks! :)

nanners,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi nanners and welcome to the forum. :D
Yes, there is a way. Rick can supply you with some "sleeves," to fit over the existing stem tip so that they are up to size. If he isn't supplying them anymore, you can get them from Ed. His thread is here

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
Just to clarify, I will still supply the sleeves and do when asked. I took them off the CRZ products pages because a couple months went by with no one requesting the sleeves(at no charge).
If anyone needs sleeves for older brass stems to fit the CRZ, just Email me.
It should also be noted that our new Tooty design on the tip install allows for either a new SS tip or a Brass tip to be installed in the glass. The silicone tubing used to hold the tip in the glass fits both sized tips.

Rick,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Rick said:
Magig9, the reading on the Ambrosia Maple cannot be right. I push the voltmeter probe ends on the tightening screws in the plug and always seem to get a consistent reading. If you are not getting something close to 20 ohms, we have a problem that might need Zapville attention. Black Locust reading is about right. I will have more to say on the ohm/heat relationship later.
For now, some fun.
We got our first 'dead' CRZ back last week. This is the first one that just stopped working, cold as a cucumber. No ohm measurement at the plug. So I pull the bottom and find this was an original, before we really got the right depths on the main bore hole. Long story short, the plug was shorted and did not function properly. This happened with time and one of our clearances too tight, something we corrected months ago.
So I had to dismantle the unit, including removing the top ceramic insulating ring so I could drill the center hole deeper for more internal clearance. Getting that top ring out can be a bitch as it usually has to be chipped out from the bottom. With heat, the center hole shrinks and those ceramic insulators get very tight in the wood.
Do we remember Barrel of Fire?
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/myrtlezap/group9-27003.jpg
In the process of trying to get the top ceramic ring out, I broke the top lip on the CRZ. A big chunk broke off. So back to the lathe to try for a fix, then to the drill press to bore the hole deeper, then back to the lathe to finish. This Zap is on the test bench now and is doing fine. It is the same wood with a heat treated finish, then buffed thoroughly.
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/myrtlezap/BOF2.jpg
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/myrtlezap/BOF1.jpg

See what the new design allows? I was a bit concerned early in the process because 6 months of heat throws the wood out of round and gave us us some wobble when first put on the lathe. A little time with sharp tools and sandpaper fixed that problem.
I love my new buffer. I love my job.
That piece straight back, the one kind of mushroom shaped. Is that a finished piece? Looks interesting.

Jeppy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
^^^^^
That was one of the Out on a Limb series Jeppie. I'm pretty sure that one was sold.

All of those in that pic were beauties. But, I'm sure Rick has some more beauties to come. We'll have to stay tuned to see if any more of the OOAL's will be available. :popcorn:

momofthegoons,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
momofthegoons said:
^^^^^
That was one of the Out on a Limb series Jeppie. I'm pretty sure that one was sold.

All of those in that pic were beauties. But, I'm sure Rick has some more beauties to come. We'll have to stay tuned to see if any more of the OOAL's will be available. :popcorn:
Cool, thanks moom!

Jeppy,

Bleezy

Burn without Fire
Is there a FC discount??? Because I'm seriously thinking about becoming the proud new owner of a CRZ (which would be my first :) ), and saving a few bucks would be great!!

Bleezy,

Rick

Zapman
Now mom! What can I say?
"But I'm sure Rick will have some more beauties to come" I know you were referring to the OOAL but hey, you gotta admit, they are all beauties! If I could just portray a little better what it is like to hold one of the latest, 100% Zapville made. To be honest, I am considering dropping the ZaPolish again because they are coming out of Zapville as shiny as can be. Just a little buffing with a soft cloth will keep them that way.
Seriously, I understand degrees of beauty. I also know even(especially?) the 'plain' maples are beautiful when you get up close and personal with them. These are a world away from the old Zaps. Seems like I am always picking one up just to feel it up. They feel so good.

edit for Bleezy. We currently are not offering any discounts. If a discount will help you decide to buy a CRZ(same for anybody), shoot me an Email. We're kinda easy around here. Kinda.

Rick,
Top Bottom