Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

THCMuscle

Albert Hofmann said:
THCMuscle said:
Albert Hofmann said:
Yo thcmuscle, I'll be super interested to hear ricks diagnosis on your redwood zap. It produces vapor and gets you high right? Just doesn't run as hot as your other one? Sounds like my sumac, it gets me ripped just fine, but very noticeably cooler than my other/older zap. If it turns out that yours is running on the cool side, and Rick is able to improve it's vapor production with some simple fix, then I'll probably send mine in to get checked out too. Please keep us posted about this.

Oh yes it gets me high. It makes a few good cloudy hits, but leaves my abv mostly green with hints of yellow. Where as my other zap can take it into DARK levels of brown if i want to.

I'll keep yal posted.
Yup, it's like your describing my 2 zaps.
Honestly, I probably wouldn't even think that my sumo ran cool if I didn't have this freakishly hot old brass zap to compare it to everyday. I luv them both, but I wish the sumo ran a bit warmer. However, it still does the job pretty well.

Do note both of mine are CRZs. I do not have and have never used an old zap

THCMuscle,

Nycdeisel

My black locust rockzap is a good bit hotter then my ambrosia maple rockzap, so i know how it is. but i think theres a lot of things that contribute to the heat of one unit.

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
reece said:
Why not use an essential oil diluted with a carrier?
Because the carriers do not evaporate fast, and eventually gum up, or dry to a resin.
When the essentials are evaporated from them, they have bit of a funky odor not unlike linseed oil.
They slow down diffusion for the next drips of oil you place, and make the difusser difficult to clean.
The carriers are not volatiles, which means they do not permeate the air in the same way.
Carrier oils are present to make the essential oils non irritating so they can be used on the human skin.

Vitolo,

reece

Vitolo said:
reece said:
Why not use an essential oil diluted with a carrier?
Because the carriers do not evaporate fast, and eventually gum up, or dry to a resin.
When the essentials are evaporated from them, they have bit of a funky odor not unlike linseed oil.
They slow down diffusion for the next drips of oil you place, and make the difusser difficult to clean.
The carriers are not volatiles, which means they do not permeate the air in the same way.
Carrier oils are present to make the essential oils non irritating so they can be used on the human skin.

Gotcha, and you are right. It does leave this gunk that is pretty hard to clean but I haven't noticed a bad odor, or any odor actually. All in all, it's a bit of a pain but it isn't too big of a deal. I just soak the cup in iso for bit and then clean with a q-tip. Of course, I usually forget, the iso completely evaporates leaving the same gunk and I have to soak again (and pay more attention).

I guess I'm lucky that whatever I'm using doesn't leave a bad smell. I'd hate to not be able to use jasmine.

Thanks Vitolo.

reece,

reece

Nycdeisel said:
Thanks for the info on oils Vitolo. Im still curious about answering to reeces question.
What I have seems to be pretty good i bought it in a health food store, the brand is AuraCacia it is "100% pure essential oil" from the leaves, stems, and flowers, its certified organic by USDA as well as QUI(quality assurance international) and is single origin. I believe this is pretty good? but I have not tried any others to be honest.

Magic: Will do! :wave:

AuraCacia seems pretty good. I use some of their blends. There is also a brand called "NOW" (I think. I haven't had to buy any in a while but I did recently run out of Rosemary)

There's an online place, aromaforlife.com , which has some good sales from time to time and what seems to be decent prices overall.

So, has anyone been able to get onto aromazap.com in the last couple of days?

reece,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Now oils are excellent for commercially produced essential oils... but they still do have one or two that are not pure
Example- This bottle says:
100% pure and Natural
Frankincense
(20% Oil Blend)
Photoon2012-01-27at11212.jpg

As opposed to saying:
100% Pure Essential Oil
Frankincense
Most Now oils are pure essential oils and are FANTASTIC to use, for there purity and price.
They are easy to find locally also, but....
It is still fun to search for new essential oils online!

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
So, has anyone been able to get onto aromazap.com in the last couple of days?

reece, I haven't had any problem at all. I'd give it another try.

In fact, I had to stop going there..... a couple of the new Zaps up are pretty darn nice.

momofthegoons,

Vapemania

Vitolo said:
Now oils are excellent for commercially produced essential oils... but they still do have one or two that are not pure
Example- This bottle says:
100% pure and Natural
Frankincense
(20% Oil Blend)
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/Photoon2012-01-27at11212.jpg

Good pic.
Looks a bit like Pacino.
You got an automatic in your other hand? Lol.

Frankinsence has been used since the Ancient period.
As early as the Egyptians. So it's at least from the period of recorded history.
They used it for funerals, I think.
I think Christianity may have ended the practice.

Is it good to burn whilst vaping?

Vapemania,

reece

reece,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
reece, I don't know what is going on with your computer. I just checked again and had no problem.

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
hey Reese, I've been to the front end(AZ.com) and in the back end several times yesterday and today. Everything seems to be working fine. Have you got some kind of filter at your end that may be blocking it?
A few more Zaps out today that were ordered late in the week is the plan for an expected Monday arrival. Orders in yesterday will not ship til Monday.
Wood turning/sanding room completed and ready for some super dust extraction design/build. It is a small room(60 sq ft, 8 ft ceiling) but just right for what I need to do that makes dust. I'll get the laptop in there along with Microwave and tune central. About time.
From Vapemeister: "I think Christianity may have ended the practice."
That was a good one. I'll bet that statement can be applied to lots and lots of real Spirituality that used to be regular stuff. And I would use the term "So called Christian Institutions". The people are not the ones that stamp out and change fine traditions. That is the Rulers job. Ya know, the Golden Rule, those with the gold make the rules. Or History.......His Story.......and He would be the winner if it is a story about war..........
Ramble ramble. One of those mornings. Of course the internet is changing much of my last paragraph. Thank you Al Gore......or was that Ronnie Reagan?
Try the old movies sometime. You get so see what one of the most loved US Presidents did in real life......and maybe understand a bit more about where we are now.
How did I get here?
Edit:
Just checked on 8 orders shipped Wednesday which took about 1 minute with Endicia software. All are either delivered or will be delivered today. Even a "general delivery" is waiting for pick up. One ounce screen kit arrived yesterday too. For all their mess-ups, USPS is still very good in my book.

Rick,

Vapemania

Rick said:
The people are not the ones that stamp out and change fine traditions. That is the Rulers job. Ya know, the Golden Rule, those with the gold make the rules.

Lol! That's a good way of putting it.

You know, I think I read somewhere that the dimensions of the CRZ can vary.
However, if there is a standard-sized heating core, then uniform wood sizes would make manufacture more easier, I was thinking.
The Aromazap site also shows the CRZ models at standard sizes (4" X 2.5").
(Great site BTW. Really informative).

As a result, I shouldn't imagine anyone can request a CRZ at 5" X 3".
Would that be correct?

Also, a major appeal for the CRZ is the art. (IMO).
Vaporpedia shows CRZ examples in red and green.
Will these examples be available in the future?

The heating core in Vaporpedia doesn't show a ceramic sheath.
Just ceramic inserts on the top and bottom.
And I can't see any washers surrounding the steel tube.
Are there any pics I can find for the heating core, please?

Vapemania,

Rick

Zapman
Vapemeister
We use an insulating wrap, rated at 1500F, around the center portion of the central SS assembly. The insulation is in an enclosed chamber, completely isolated from the vapor airflow. Here is a shot of some units ready to assemble showing the heatports with the wings that seal the insulated chamber. The only SS touching wood is the outer circumference of the top and bottom SS 'wings'. We think this is doing the main job of protecting the wood from so much direct heat as we have not seen any charring yet with disassembled Zaps. These heatports have not been wrapped with insulation.
doit2.jpg

Here is a better shot of the heatports.
RZ208.jpg

top view, installed
RZ204.jpg

here is what is inside. This is an old design without the wings for centering that also provide a compartment for the insulating wrap.
SSProto2001.jpg

bottom view with insulated heatport installed, before heater and plug install.
RZ202.jpg

Rick,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Rick said:
Vapemeister
We use an insulating wrap, rated at 1500F, around the center portion of the central SS assembly. The insulation is in an enclosed chamber, completely isolated from the vapor airflow. Here is a shot of some units ready to assemble showing the heatports with the wings that seal the insulated chamber. The only SS touching wood is the outer circumference of the top and bottom SS 'wings'. We think this is doing the main job of protecting the wood from so much direct heat as we have not seen any charring yet with disassembled Zaps. These heatports have not been wrapped with insulation.
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/myrtlezap/doit2.jpg
Here is a better shot of the heatports.
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/myrtlezap/RZ208.jpg
top view, installed
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/myrtlezap/RZ204.jpg
here is what is inside. This is an old design without the wings for centering that also provide a compartment for the insulating wrap.
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/myrtlezap/SSProto2001.jpg
bottom view with insulated heatport installed, before heater and plug install.
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/myrtlezap/RZ202.jpg
Hey it's my little mushroom on the far right in that top pic.......shes come a long way and vaped many hundreds of stems since then

SF Giant,

sublimeluvr

I ordered my very first zap thursday night. It is a primo box elder and should be here monday or tueday. So excited!! :brow:

sublimeluvr,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Welcome to the forum, the Zapville family and congrats on your new Zap sublimeluvr! :D I thought the box elder Zaps were pretty nice too. If you have any questions once you get your Zap, there are plenty of us here to help you out.

momofthegoons,

sublimeluvr

Thanks Mom! I am sure I will have questions. Up to this point I have been using a SSV,but thanks to all the zappers on the GC forum I decided to order my CRZ.

sublimeluvr,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
I have 1-2 tiny stains on the circular steel ring part on the top of the RZ, I think it's just some essential oil I dropped by mistake. Should I just leave it there or perhaps clean it with a qtip+iso?

TwztedVaper,

Nycdeisel

:o
Beautiful lineup, THC!

:drool:

i like the lines on top of your locust unit even though im not the biggest fan of the lines in general, that one is pretty interesting

Nycdeisel,

Vapemania

Rick said:
Vapemeister
We use an insulating wrap, rated at 1500F, around the center portion of the central SS assembly. The insulation is in an enclosed chamber, completely isolated from the vapor airflow.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen a pic of this.

The photos of all the other components on the CRZ are really amazing.

Vapemania,

Rick

Zapman
Vapemeister
'Unfortunately' is an interesting word to use for not seeing every part of the CRZ innards. From our point of view it is fortunate. We have no need or desire to show all our cards with the re-designed Aromazap. The other components are just SS raw materials, machined to fit each other and ready for welding, no big deal really.
Some not so good news for sublimelover(J37) and one other(J38). I put one of our smaller heatports in those two Zaps to give them a whirl as both units are small and light. We were not happy with the results this morning so I re-installed the stock, larger size heatport in those two units today which caused us to miss shipping today. They will go out Monday and should be there Wednesday. Sorry for the advance notice they would ship but I would much rather wait a day or two and be as sure as I can on the heat. The smaller heatports do not do as well because of less SS mass in the smaller assembly and the lack of a small hot air chamber at the bottom of the heatport. My educated guess anyway.
THC, not a super match on that stem but the best I had. It is looking like we will not be doing the SS lined wood stems in the future because production costs are too high. I am wondering about the heatport in your Redwood as you said it was not running as hot as the others.

Rick,

sublimeluvr

Rick said:
Vapemeister

Some not so good news for sublimelover(J37) and one other(J38). ...Sorry for the advance notice they would ship but I would much rather wait a day or two and be as sure as I can on the heat. The smaller heatports do not do as well because of less SS mass in the smaller assembly and the lack of a small hot air chamber at the bottom of the heatport. My educated guess anyway.....

Not a problem at all. I would rather wait a day or so longer and have it be correct. You are the Zapman! Thanks for the update! :brow:

sublimeluvr,
The NOW oils are the ones I can get locally at a health food store. I got the pine and the lavender, both of which are nice, especially the pine. I want to try a fruit one next, but I was also eyeballing the sage. When I was in Montana, the smell of the sage was just phenomenal. I could not get enough of it. Anybody ever tried it? Any chance it is even close to the real thing?

TheDudeNextDoor,
Top Bottom