Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

tdandre

maconheiro revolucionario
so i am arriving from the beach when i see a little box waiting for me...And there is Angel, my Oak CRZ!!!
And how beautiful and small it is!
just plugged it right now
Thank you again Vitolo

just a question: Can i use it with the MLFB PA transformer? it matches the plug. guess it's safe... :peace:

tdandre,

cluffy

Vaker
OH BOY!! Substitute mail person = one hour earlier delivery!!! :D Miss Elm is so tiny and beautiful, and I just acquired some BHO to put in her, but not before she gets the 'freshness'.

HAPPY ZAP DAY tdandre and all!!!

Panicfreak, you have no idea how much beauty you will soon hold in your hands.

cluffy,

reece

Rick said:
That shipment includes...special OOAL to an old customer from Oregon.
Da train is chugging nicely now with flat ground ahead.

Oooooh, might that be me? My body might be 40 but in my head I don't feel a day over 25. hahahaha

Vitolo, you discovered for yourself the cotton with hash trick I mentioned a long time ago.
The difference is you unwrap a Q-Tip while I take a little piece from a cotton ball. Is there a reason you use a cotton swab instead of cotton balls? One cotton ball has got to be worth several Q-'tips.

tdandre said:
just a question: Can i use it with the MLFB PA transformer? it matches the plug. guess it's safe... :peace:

Yeah, unless it's changed since I got my beta unit, it gives 12 volts but 1250 mA (is that 1.25 amps?) instead of 1000mA. It should work fine.

If you also have the car plug from Rick, it works with the Launch Box also. I use it all of the time.

reece,

THCMuscle

Here is a cute littly CRZ I picked up a little while ago:
IMG_0213.jpg

I must admit, it runs WAY WAY hotter than my Redwood. It truely is freight train performance. I dont need to do the slow subtle draw that I do with my Redwood. It will produce MASSIVE clouds and heavily darken my ABV.

THCMuscle,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Some happy Zappers here today! :D

tdandre, I'm not sure that the PA is a good fit for the CRZ. I looked and the voltage is okay, but it shows a higher mA output (the Zap's adapter shows 1000 mA and the PA shows 1250 mA) Also, the input numbers are different. I know nothing when it comes to this stuff, so hopefully someone with more knowledge will step in here. I would hold off using it until you have a solid answer. Didn't you get a stock adapter with it?

THC, you've got a nice little set up there. Some nice oils too. I've really been getting into the aromatherapy aspect of these Zaps lately. My favorite new "flavor" of oil is "Grey Matter Batter" from Aura Cacia; a blend of pepperment, chamomile, spearmint and lavender (NYC, you'd probably hate it since you don't like lavender...). I see you're using tweezers to take out your aroma cup. I have started putting a strip of 3/8" high temp silicone around the top. That way, you can actually touch it without burning the crap out of your fingers. Can't take credit for the idea though; I got it from Alan (TV).

edit to add:

tdandre, I just spoke to Rick and confirmed that it is okay to use the PA from your LB.

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
reece said:
Is there a reason you use a cotton swab instead of cotton balls? One cotton ball has got to be worth several Q-'tips.
Yes.
Nowadays many cotton balls are made cheaply and with synthetic blends, that can melt.
I can not always assure myself that the balls that arrive here will be to my liking...
But Q-Tips are always 100% natural... and I can use them also to soak up hash oils... and then unwrapp themm....
tAlso the amount of cotton on the end of the swab is the perfect size for a zap stem!

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
I'd just like to say that if there's a perfect temperature for vaping, then the Zap has it. I stopped counting after 3 hits, but then I spilled a load all over my chest and it was still green! I'll try it with a DC PA later, but the ac is working just fine now. So Rick, I don't need the DC adapter right away, but if I could get a raincheck for one for when I inevitably order from you again it would be great! :p
Lots more testing to go, but so far so good! I'm in no shape to try videos today, so that's out for now.
ok, all is good, abandoning post....
threadbird.gif

cluffy,

reece

Vitolo said:
reece said:
Is there a reason you use a cotton swab instead of cotton balls? One cotton ball has got to be worth several Q-'tips.
Yes.
Nowadays many cotton balls are made cheaply and with synthetic blends, that can melt.
I can not always assure myself that the balls that arrive here will be to my liking...
But Q-Tips are always 100% natural... and I can use them also to soak up hash oils... and then unwrapp themm....
tAlso the amount of cotton on the end of the swab is the perfect size for a zap stem!

Ahh, I got it. The cotton balls I have are Walgreen's brand, "100% pure cotton." I've used a whole cotton ball to soak up some cleaning iso, then let the iso evaporate and I have a big cotton wand hash ball. I cut little Zap stem sized pieces and I'm good to go. I've also wrapped frozen qwiso crystals in cotton but the soak method seems to be less hassle than evaporating the iso and scraping up the oil.

reece,

Nycdeisel

Cluffy, thank you for that gif there :lol: I got a nice laugh out of that. How are you doing this fine afternoon?

Mom, I dont recall saying I dont like lavender. Its actually what first started using in my cup, too much of it gets bothersome but i like a small amount. You must be referring to some of the old polish that i just didnt like the smell of? yea im not quite sure why that is. the newer plain beeswax zapolish is fine, and seems to soak into the wood better for some reason. call me crazy :freak:

Nycdeisel,

Nycdeisel

All good mama ;)

Please enjoy this video which finally finished uploading(had to do it twice, :doh:) AM zap + inline bubbler, some zappy goodness

click to watch ^

Nycdeisel,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
For some reason, when I am out (who needs sleep?), it comforts me to watch others enjoy their fruits.

@THCMuscle- I was looking forward to the pics of that cedar, but I'll probably survive. What's the little ones type of wood? I wonder why it runs hotter, as I thought the redwood was supposed to run super hot? Either way, beautiful collection. If you like the fruity oils, my top three are lemon-euc., grapefruit, and the lime. The other half likes to switch it up, but those are the 3 I use the most, by far.

EDIT: Are 100% "natural" oils, the same as 100% "essential" oils?
We've been using the NOW brand and will likely be the only brand we use from here on out. We also have a few bottles from someplace that says 100% natural oils, but no mention on label of "essential".

There is a third brand (Edens Garden) that we picked up a sample pack of on amazon. They are blends of 100%essential oils. These we do not care for. Three of the six have patchouli, which is very far from something I want to smell. They have been opened, but only a few drops were used out of 2 of the bottles. We have no plans to use them, so if any Zap enthusiast wants them, they are yours for the cost of shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/Aphrodisiac-M...1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1327572245&sr=1-1

EDIT#2: Thank you Deez, and please, have two for me!!!!

Magic9,

Nycdeisel

haha glad i could help magic. Hope you have a good night :wave:
Im have a goodnight stem, this next ones for you man!

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
100% natural does not mean 100% pure
It must say...
100% pure essential oil
And even then, read the fine print below that to be sure it does not add words, like....

100% Pure Essential Oil
in a 20% solution

Read the fine print.
Essential oils are volatiles!
Natural oils are of many natures.. including carrier oils, which you do not want in the diffuser.

Vitolo,

reece

Vitolo said:
...including carrier oils, which you do not want in the diffuser.

Why not use an essential oil diluted with a carrier? Most of my oils are 100% essential oils but a couple of the more expensive ones I have are in a carrier oil f(jojoba, I believe). I have some 10% Jasmine essential oil which I use in he diffuser often. I can't afford $90 for 10 ml of 100% Jasmine absolute. The diluted jasmine smells great. My wife, who loves the smell of jasmine, thinks it's too strong.

I also have a Nag Champa essential oil blend which uses jojoba and olive oil.

Am I harming my family or myself by doing this?

reece,

THCMuscle

Magic9 said:
For some reason, when I am out (who needs sleep?), it comforts me to watch others enjoy their fruits.

@THCMuscle- I was looking forward to the pics of that cedar, but I'll probably survive. What's the little ones type of wood? I wonder why it runs hotter, as I thought the redwood was supposed to run super hot? Either way, beautiful collection. If you like the fruity oils, my top three are lemon-euc., grapefruit, and the lime. The other half likes to switch it up, but those are the 3 I use the most, by far.

I believe my heater is running on the cold side (in my redwood), I'm going to send it into Rick for a check up. The difference is night/day noticable. I love my redwood though!

I have found that puffing stem similar to how someone would "prime" a cigar when lighting provides a perfect vapor-to-air ratio, and really contribues to the overall taste of the vapor/bud since you mix in so much fresh air. You could relate it to airaiting wine or slurping fine tea.

THCMuscle,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
Yo thcmuscle, I'll be super interested to hear ricks diagnosis on your redwood zap. It produces vapor and gets you high right? Just doesn't run as hot as your other one? Sounds like my sumac, it gets me ripped just fine, but very noticeably cooler than my other/older zap. If it turns out that yours is running on the cool side, and Rick is able to improve it's vapor production with some simple fix, then I'll probably send mine in to get checked out too. Please keep us posted about this.

Albert Hofmann,

THCMuscle

Albert Hofmann said:
Yo thcmuscle, I'll be super interested to hear ricks diagnosis on your redwood zap. It produces vapor and gets you high right? Just doesn't run as hot as your other one? Sounds like my sumac, it gets me ripped just fine, but very noticeably cooler than my other/older zap. If it turns out that yours is running on the cool side, and Rick is able to improve it's vapor production with some simple fix, then I'll probably send mine in to get checked out too. Please keep us posted about this.

Oh yes it gets me high. It makes a few good cloudy hits, but leaves my abv mostly green with hints of yellow. Where as my other zap can take it into DARK levels of brown if i want to.

I'll keep yal posted.

THCMuscle,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
THCMuscle said:
Albert Hofmann said:

Oh yes it gets me high. It makes a few good cloudy hits, but leaves my abv mostly green with hints of yellow. Where as my other zap can take it into DARK levels of brown if i want to.

I'll keep yal posted.
Yup, it's like your describing my 2 zaps.
Honestly, I probably wouldn't even think that my sumo ran cool if I didn't have this freakishly hot old brass zap to compare it to everyday. I luv them both, but I wish the sumo ran a bit warmer. However, it still does the job pretty well.

Albert Hofmann,

Nycdeisel

Thanks for the info on oils Vitolo. Im still curious about answering to reeces question.
What I have seems to be pretty good i bought it in a health food store, the brand is AuraCacia it is "100% pure essential oil" from the leaves, stems, and flowers, its certified organic by USDA as well as QUI(quality assurance international) and is single origin. I believe this is pretty good? but I have not tried any others to be honest.

Magic: Will do! :wave:

Nycdeisel,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Albert Hofmann said:
THCMuscle said:
Albert Hofmann said:

I'll keep yal posted.
Yup, it's like your describing my 2 zaps.
Honestly, I probably wouldn't even think that my sumo ran cool if I didn't have this freakishly hot old brass zap to compare it to everyday. I luv them both, but I wish the sumo ran a bit warmer. However, it still does the job pretty well.

Same issue here. Waiting to get a borrowed ohmmeter so I can check it at home.

EDIT* Thanks again DeeZ!!! Should be good by Friday. Saturday at the latest (I hope).

Magic9,
Top Bottom