Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

al bundy

Vaporist
Nice pieces ,almost wish I waited but I like my "feels good"zap just waiting for the zap whip.

al bundy,

collegerower

I agree third from the right, as well as third from the left caught my eye.

Rick, any update on referb options?

collegerower,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Your'e going INSANE Rick :o
Now you are mixing up the "modes"!!!!!!
You are now combining Burnt Line Style with "Out On A Limb" madness.
(you got your chocolate in my Peanut Butter)

2u4msdi.jpg

Do not test me. I have combined Burnt Line and Out on a Limb style and my Kung Fu is very powerful@!

This is UNHEARD of... UNPRECEDENTED!

Vitolo,

Rick

Zapman
collegerower, we will do the SSS closed bottom retro, top install, NOT insulated except the traditional wood. Just replace the heatport with a stainless heatport. I have a couple more I am looking at to be sure I cover my ass on labor and materials before putting anything up on the website.
If it were me, I would keep the old one as is and wait for a RocKZap that I liked. When it does go up, there will be some warnings like the wood could get dinged in the process and I will have to examine the center hole before I agree to do the job. Retrofits sound cool but often are not real practical in the traditional wood insulated log vape.

Back to the website this afternoon to start sticking these up. I will be referring to these by wood species as much as possible from now on. A small percent are unknown for now. Final names will be on the website.
A nice plain smooth maple.
10-1pieces20.jpg

10-1pieces19.jpg

Out on a Limb Maple
10-1pieces33.jpg

10-1pieces31.jpg

Another Out on a Limb, everybodys favorite Sumac
10-1pieces34.jpg

10-1pieces11.jpg

10-1pieces10.jpg

One sweet piece of Birch scrap?
10-1pieces23.jpg

10-1pieces22.jpg

RZ whip next week. We are working on wooden mouthpieces, stainless lined just like the wooden stems. Not sure if it is really a whip. I'm not into whips. Define a 'whip' please.

Rick,

Vitolo

Vaporist
whip = flexible tubing attached to a glass containment system to channel heated air mixed with vapor into you mouth

Beautiful stuff.. That Birch is not so simple.. I see much character!

Vitolo,

RumbleShorts

Rick,
These are some beautiful units! Now that you have the internals to a point near perfection it is a joy to see you turn your attention towards your inner artist. Going back through this thread we can see that the Zaps of the past have always been pretty but now they are just incredible.
Wooden stems & whips will round out your offerings very nicely. Now if we can get some bowls and maybe a few stem holders we'll be one step closer to Zap Nirvana

RumbleShorts,

Rick

Zapman
OK then, we will have an RZ Miniwhip with custom wood mouthpiece that is SS tube lined, and probably a glass mouthpiece too when I get over to Tims place early this coming week. No other glass though. Other end of whip........well, just wait and see. Next week.
Thanks for the help...
Nobody has claimed anything shown above yet Bio. There will be more Sumac(Sumo) in the days and weeks ahead.
EDIT for:
Another break from anything going up on the website for a few hours. We are going to do some re-takes.

Rick,
oh I know Rick. I was just thinking out loud :lol:. The batches truly get better and better as time goes on. Its all about pulling the trigger at the right moment. lol

This whole website thing you're doing is pretty awesome Rick. It keeps me as a customer coming back all the time. I def like to stay "up to date" now since I only joined the zap family very shortly ago.

biojuggernaut,

Rick

Zapman
Some better pics
10-1taketwo012.jpg

10-1taketwo003.jpg

10-1taketwo005.jpg

10-1taketwo001.jpg

English Walnut
10-1taketwo020.jpg

and an UNK. There will be a few of these
10-1taketwo017.jpg

Here is an Elm
10-1taketwo024.jpg

Rick,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yesiree....
I love the UNK....
uncertain as her birthright may be, her beauty sure does shine!
(as does her function I am certain!) :)

Vitolo,

caseball2051

that sumac one is beautiful, Rick.

My Zap update. My unit stopped working due to having to replace the transformer. I started working and got a new toy (magickwand) and the zap got set aside for a short while. Finally, I went to buy a new transformer and the heatport was extremely loose. I sent it to Rick for repair and inspection. We decided on a heater transplant; brass to SSS. I got it back quickly and my magickwand was lent out to a friend.

It took me a few nights to get the particulars down again. I got my zap back fitted to fit my old brass stems. Its not a perfect fit however. luckily Rick was kind enough to give me a free stem. (Thanks Rick) It has a slightly larger bowl, which i certainly dont mind. It works wonderfully. Even when shaking the rust out of my zap technique, it worked wonderfully. Once I got it dialed in though, it was even better. I think the SSS packs a little more of a punch than the older heaters. I used to put a koozie around my older zap 5 minutes before my session and take it off during to get that little extra heat. I dont plan to do that with this unit. It is slightly hotter than my older heater. Im not sure if that has to do with the install or the heater itself. I think rick said it ran slightly hotter.

anyways i caught myself rambling so im going to stop.

top notch customer service, communication, shipping
top notch turn around time
top notch vaporizer

thanks again rick!

caseball2051,

placetime

Rick said:
Some better pics
More beautiful pieces, Rick. You're making me wonder if "ugly" wood even exists, since y'all seem to be able to turn about any piece of wood into a work of art. :cool:

placetime,

SleepyHead

caseball2051 said:
that sumac one is beautiful, Rick.

My Zap update. My unit stopped working due to having to replace the transformer. I started working and got a new toy (magickwand) and the zap got set aside for a short while. Finally, I went to buy a new transformer and the heatport was extremely loose. I sent it to Rick for repair and inspection. We decided on a heater transplant; brass to SSS. I got it back quickly and my magickwand was lent out to a friend.

It took me a few nights to get the particulars down again. I got my zap back fitted to fit my old brass stems. Its not a perfect fit however. luckily Rick was kind enough to give me a free stem. (Thanks Rick) It has a slightly larger bowl, which i certainly dont mind. It works wonderfully. Even when shaking the rust out of my zap technique, it worked wonderfully. Once I got it dialed in though, it was even better. I think the SSS packs a little more of a punch than the older heaters. I used to put a koozie around my older zap 5 minutes before my session and take it off during to get that little extra heat. I dont plan to do that with this unit. It is slightly hotter than my older heater. Im not sure if that has to do with the install or the heater itself. I think rick said it ran slightly hotter.

anyways i caught myself rambling so im going to stop.

top notch customer service, communication, shipping
top notch turn around time
top notch vaporizer

thanks again rick!

The new Rockzaps do run a bit hotter, the SS stays warmer longer but the brass in the old MZ's heated up faster. I used to run a 13.5v on my MZ to get the thick rips but I feel a 12v for the RZ's is almost of equal caliber.

SleepyHead,

guitarscreamngrowler

let me tell u the rockzap i so efficient, i get 5 to 6 hits per stem big hits, 4 stems is even half a bowl size of ssv and extreme q. that 4 stems so 5 x 4 20 to 30 hits dammmmmmmmmmmmm from barely any herb

guitarscreamngrowler,

SleepyHead

guitarscreamngrowler said:
let me tell u the rockzap i so efficient, i get 5 to 6 hits per stem big hits, 4 stems is even half a bowl size of ssv and extreme q. that 4 stems so 5 x 4 20 to 30 hits dammmmmmmmmmmmm from barely any herb

The hits are certainly "longer" than my MZ, meaning the overall session takes a bit longer, but with patience comes reward. With the longer session and more breathers between hits I feel much more vaked.

SleepyHead,

treecityrnd

RZ Plain Mary Jane adapted for the hash catcher (VIDEO: click on the link below the pic)

176wt.jpg

RZ + Sherlock + hash catcher
*sometimes I just use a 18-14mm reducer in the Sherlock for vapor cooling

181tp.jpg

RZ + SYN + hash catcher

Pictures will be updated in the signature eventuallywhen my new buddy arrives :)
101taketwo006.jpg

Rick was unbelievable and worked with me on this special Walnut unit. Rick gave me the honor of naming the RZ. After some philosophical discussion about the universeHamlet said, I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space essentially translated as, I could live in a walnut shell and feel like the king of the universe.

Thus, Hamlet was born. He looks bold and beautiful. Thanks for everything Rick! :D :cool:

See you soon FC. Have a great Sunday and week!

treecityrnd,

GhostVapor

Just snagged myself a Rockzap! :D went with goldielocks! Thanks momofthegoons for helping me decide :)

GhostVapor,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Welcome to the Zapville family GhostVapor! So glad to have helped. :D

And look at you go tree! Love the name for your new vape. Glad to see you are having no problems getting good vapor with your glass. Someone's been practicing! :lol:

an aside.... I love checking out the music that people play with their vids. Gives you a little insight to a person's personality, or at the very least, their mood at the moment. :D

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
tree, that is one sweet walnut RZ. I love the name and love the quote behind it even more. It happened to me when I realized I could look up or down and it was all the same......and I was somewhere in the middle but hooked to whatever it was.
Very nice vids. Is that what you call 'milking' it?
GhostVapor, thanks for taking the RZ plunge. Your order should ship tomorrow. The one you picked was a favorite of mine. Another is Princess. She is one smooth lady. We are moving to smoother lines and figure. Pictures are cool but nothing like having these in your hand and looking right at them. Smooth is happy zappy.
Oh, mom, thanks again for all your help. Vito, I'm going to holler at you after we tub it. Hang in there. All is well.
Now some fun. No jury duty at all this week! I followed the advice of a very wise man and asked The Universe for some help. Guess they did not need me this time around.
So we will have new stuff coming out besides a twice a week new RZ show. No daily special because we do new stuff so often. Another Ricky opening his mouth too early.
Starting with GonG short stems, up on the website today sometime. I'll be getting them shorter in the next batch.
stems10-1004.jpg

stems10-1006.jpg

stems10-1011.jpg

gotta go for awhile..............

Rick,

Nycdeisel

NICE ! im excited rick, wondering how the tapering helps the seal. does itf still wiggle back n forth a bit while still retaining a seal(the regular stems do that with the rounded end) in the joint?

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom