Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Vitolo

Vaporist
The changes are dizzying!
It has made me even more ready to isolate a good portion of time to really be alone with "Mabel".. so I can report on every facet of her being. (hope patty doesn't get jealous :uhoh:)
Actually she understands fully, and is on the sidelines cheering.. and anxious to see team ZAP "vape the big one"!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

Indeed, Vito! I think its time to sit back and relax for a moment to give my cherry a shine

Nycdeisel,

RumbleShorts

That's awesome Rick!
Ceramic blanket sounds so comforting. I was excited about the concrete but, ceramic that's another story. NASA uses ceramic! If it works for the Shuttle, it will work for our ZAPs. I would be interested in the specs when you get a chance.
If I recall a couple weeks back the 1st question about the concrete was if it was in the airflow. Thanks for clearing that up.
With advancements like this, coming so quickly, it sure is an exciting time to be involved. That's one of the coolest things about Zaps, Rick's updates makes me feel like I have a part in the Zap evolution. Not just standing by and seeing what's next, or god forbid, nothing happening because the current model is "good enough". That shows passion, thankfully pointed in the right direction, making sure the customer has the best experience possible.

BTW NYC,
Holy Crap! That is a beautiful ZAP!! Have you decided on a name?

RumbleShorts,

the ob

all good in the hood.
nice, I had mentioned ceramic and I do not know S%&T about S&$T!

sounds like another great advancement.

the ob,

Nycdeisel

Why thank you Rumbleshorts! :cool:

i dont really name my pieces, sorry
but I love them just the same :love:

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
With advancements like this, coming so quickly, it sure is an exciting time to be involved. That's one of the coolest things about Zaps, Rick's updates makes me feel like I have a part in the Zap evolution. Not just standing by and seeing what's next, or god forbid, nothing happening because the current model is "good enough". That shows passion, thankfully pointed in the right direction, making sure the customer has the best experience possible.

This is part of what makes Zapville a family. ;)

I am excited to try this new insulated Zap. It will be really interesting to compare it to the RockZap that I am currently beta testing. If this works, it seems as if the "guess work" of mixing the cement will become a non-issue. You're right, RumbleShorts; Rick doesn't stick to the status quo if he sees something better down the road. And he doesn't want his customers to be his guinea pigs, hence the delay in getting production units on the webpage and out to customers. He wants to make these "right" before he releases them to the general public.

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
morning everyone. getting ready for a 12 hour work day (yes on a saturday)

welcome to the wonderful world of owning your own business.

glad to see all the good things happening here! excited to see new pics.

the ob,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I really dig what is going on zapville. :tup:

I also have a question. Since ceramic insulates so well, wouldn't it get rediculously hot when sitting unused for extended periods of time? Have you taken any readings with an IR thermometer? <---I could still use an even-cooler log vape. :brow:

Keep transforming imagination and creativity into reality through science and engineering! :D

Progress,

Rick

Zapman
Thanks for the good words but we must remember Rick is hanging on to a whirlwind here. Rick does not have the self discipline or resources to do what has been done the last couple months with Aromazap. I have a mentor who has done this before with many other products and he is taking a keen interest in AZ. If we do good, he keeps another employee or two on the payroll. He also loves the wood end. He is our age too which is fun. I have basically just said 'yes' to a person who loves to make good products and has the tools to make just about anything.

We will be more involved than ever because we get more time back with efficient woodworking processes and heatport and stem tips I do not have to make. More time for the wood work. This will be a good thing for us but most important, for our customers. Customers will be offered some different options on design with almost unlimited wood types. How about a 'retro' line of all only colored Zaps? How about a larger piece of wood with several heatports for party use? All the Zaps will run at the same, high mid range vape temp. Yes, the ceramic wrapped heatports perform very well, confirmed this morning. They are also in the 120 or lower outside wood temp, very comparable to the traditional log vape outer temp. Some of the Zaps you saw have wood shells not much more than 1/4" thick(post 5245). We will be making a line of Zaps that MUST be insulated or the wood would be gone in a short time.

The ceramic blanket will also ease the old Zap retrofit challenge. We can add a wrap to the blanket if needed. As I said, I could hold the fully heated heatport in my hand/fingers with no discomfort when wrapped in the ceramic blanket. Concrete cup was impossible to hold.

ob, you may recall part of the original rock design had ceramic insulators top and bottom, made from ceramic tiles cut with a water jet so we had started down that path. We still will use those insulators with the blanket wrap.

Hey, how about a non official contest? Gimme a name for the new design. RockZap kind of fits but I'm sure there are more creative minds out there. Who knows if I will give a prize or what it would be or even if I would like the ideas. Might be fun though.

I would think if someone wants a cooler running log vape, try a simple light dimmer wired on one leg of the INPUT of the wall transformer. That will reduce voltage, reducing the heat. Never have tried it as lower temp vapes are usually not requested.

Rick,

MG23

Relaxin'
Not extremely clever but Ceramizap rolls off the tongue. :D

Edit: May prefer to spell Ceramizap as Ceramazap to better match the Aromazap spelling. Same pronunciation and I like it either way. =)

MG23,

the ob

all good in the hood.
contests are always fun.

People (myself included) always throw names out anyway. I think it is another great way to help all of us feel like we are really part of this family. I know I will be racking my brain today to come up with a fun name.

Yes, I forgot the others had the ceramic. I am not as smart as I thought :)

Rick,
I know how you feel. Your head must be spinning a bit. It is also very exciting. I have mentioned this before, but big changes can help invigorate when you are doing your own thing. Taking risks is good for the soul. The beauty of your situation is that you already have a loyal customer base that likes and wants your product. I do not see you losing customers, just gaining them. What you are doing in my opinion has a tremendous upside. I am currently working on some things that will grow/add to my business, and while it is making me a crazy person, I love it at the same time.

ceramazap (matty you just beat me because my email was longer!)
wrapazap.
choose your own zapventure (reference might be lost on younger viewers)

I am sure I will be back with some better ones after I have some coffee..

the ob,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
The PROGRESS Zap? The Predictably Reliable & Outstanding Geniusly Redesigned & Extremely Superiorily-Structured Zap. ;)

Did I win? :lol:

Wrap-a-zap does sound pretty cool. :)

How about R zap. The R could stand for reincarnated, revolutionary, reliable, redesigned, rock, Rick's, etc.) However, as others have stated here, due to your interaction with all of us (and response to our preferences for pretty wood and a clean airpath) it really does feel like it is R (our) Zap.

You could name it the TI Zap (thermal insulation). People would see Solid Stainless Steel and TI and think Titanium. However they'd be even more impressed when they read about what has actually been installed inside. :brow:

Progress,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Marty McZap (since this one seems to be from the future)
zap to the future.
omnizap
infinizao
igloozap
thermozap.
thermazap.
superzap.
zapaolution. talking about a zapolution if you prefer.

how about "the mother of all zaps"? mamazap?

back with more later

the ob,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Progress said:
The PROGRESS Zap? The Predictably Reliable & Outstanding Geniusly Redesigned & Extremely Superiorily-Structured Zap. ;)

Did I win? :lol:

Wrap-a-zap does sound pretty cool. :)

How about R zap. The R could stand for revolutionary, reliable, redesigned, rock, rick, etc.) However, as others have stated here, due to your interaction with all of us it reall does feel like it is R (our) Zap.

You could name it the TI Zap (thermal insulation). People would see Solid Stainless Steel and TI and think Titanium. However they'd be even more impressed when they read about what has actually been installed inside. :brow:

I do like the way wrapazap comes off the tongue. Cant wait to hear more.

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
OK, my bad.
If we are going to make this even close to a realistic contest, only ONE choice per screen name please. Any other choices anyone has put out there(other than their one pick) are up for grabs by others. That will make it funner for all.
There will be a prize and this will end no later than tomorrow. Maybe today even.
If I should have any other rules for this informal thing, we will listen.
My apologies to the mods if I am breaking the rules somehow.

Rick,

HDLar

Rick I love my rockzap ROCKY BURL. Draw seems very similar to my myrtle and walnut zaps. The biggeeest difference I found is that the a shorter draw seems to give me the same hit as a longer draw on the myrtle and walnut zaps.I polish it every other day and get compliments from everyone who sees t on being the wildest and most beautiful piece of wood.
I
On the matter of a name all I can say is when all the improvements are made you will have a superior product. So my vote for a name is SUPERZAP.

HDLar,

HDLar

Sorry OB I just realized you already had superzap on your list. But I still feel superiorquality superior workmanship superior materials superior customer service and superior design adds up to...........SUPERZAP.............

HDLar,

SirElton

I believe this is the beginning of a new era for AromaZap. A renaissance of sorts is occurring. I believe the new name should reflect this change from the old brass and charred wood days to the new SSS and ceramic shield days. For those reasons, AromaZap should become... ArmorZap.

SirElton,

placetime

How about "Ultrazap"?
Some definitions of "ultra" include: going beyond what is usual or ordinary; extreme.
Some synonyms of "ultra" are: exceptional, radical, revolutionary
:2c:

placetime,

Vitolo

Vaporist
and for those whose Zap is a gift of love.. an AmorZap.
If you do your accounting while Zapping.... AmortiZapation.
Getting Zapped without music... Zapacapella.
A Zap for every occasion... OmniZap
Zappy weekend Zapville!

Vitolo,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
The iZap. i For insulation/insulated. :p And because it sounds ultra modern and progressive :cool: :lol:

Ultra cheesy too though. :lol:

WatTyler,

rotax

Zaporist
please, no more "i" products. i've already resorted to refusing to buy anything clinging to the "i" naming scheme.
please make the "i" era and its disciples disappear.

rotax,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
So you didn't like the i-inhale / i-olite (kind of)? :lol:

Maybe I should clarify it's not such a serious suggestion. I'm not sure if 'cheesy' is a term used much in the USA to describe things? I've not really heard it on TV. It's used a lot here informally and kind of meant in a cynically commercial sense- kind of missing the spot and looking cheap.

WatTyler,
Top Bottom