Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

collegerower

Rick,

I was more joking about wanting to be a tester than anything else. I have no doubt that you choose well, and my feelings are not hurt at all. :peace: Mom and Vitolo are certainly more qualified than I.

I love seeing all the updates, and keep the boat sailing! I love the direction the zap train is headed.

collegerower,

the ob

all good in the hood.
collegerower said:
Rick,

I was more joking about wanting to be a tester than anything else. I have no doubt that you choose well, and my feelings are not hurt at all. :peace: Mom and Vitolo are certainly more qualified than I.

I love seeing all the updates, and keep the boat sailing! I love the direction the zap train is headed.

me too. I am sorry to the mods. Rick I hope you do not think I feel bad about you picking anyone in particular. I was just trying to be funny.

the ob,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
WatTyler said:
OhTheAgony said:
and does anyone know if they ship to EU?
:(

What is it with these Americans aye? Keeping all those wonderful toys to them self, I'm starting to feel a little discriminated here :(

It's time for a Euro version of a log type vape I guess :/

OhTheAgony,

caseball2051

if you really want one, perhaps a member would be willing to ship one to you if you covered the costs.

i think ive seen people do that on this site before.

I cant due to my living situation, but others may be more able!

caseball2051,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, I've considered that. I might ask someone if I get impatient enough. A buddy of mine is moving to TX next summer, I think I'll just wait till then or pick one up myself when visiting him.

But I still don't understand why we can't just buy these from the source like you guys. It seems the same kind of effort for the seller to me, but perhaps there's more involved in international shipping then I'm aware of.

OhTheAgony,

the ob

all good in the hood.
OhTheAgony said:
Yeah, I've considered that. I might ask someone if I get impatient enough. A buddy of mine is moving to TX next summer, I think I'll just wait till then or pick one up myself when visiting him.

But I still don't understand why we can't just buy these from the source like you guys. It seems the same kind of effort for the seller to me, but perhaps there's more involved in international shipping then I'm aware of.

there is certainly more involved in intl shipping than just to the US. Where I work we will often ship internationally and it is a tad more complicated.

the ob,

max

Out to lunch
Not only does int'l shipping take more work on the shipper's part, but if the product is held up or stopped at Customs, the customer is sometimes not informed, and may assume that the seller has not shipped. Overseas delivery of products like this can be iffy at times for some countries, and sellers don't want to be perceived as the bad guy for not delivering, when they have fulfilled their end of the transaction. I know one vape buyer in Brazil, back a few years ago when the seller was shipping int'l, had to wait months for Customs to release his unit.

max,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
My only experience with buying a vape in the USA is from 7thfloor, but that went pretty much flawless. I got a tracking nr (UPS if I recall correctly) through which I could see exactly where it was, USA and Dutch customs as well. Of course shipping takes a little longer over this distance, is pricier, and customs don't exactly help the speediness of the process, but I don't see those as a problem especially when you inform your customers beforehand.

If they can do it..?

OhTheAgony,

the ob

all good in the hood.
OhTheAgony said:
My only experience with buying a vape in the USA is from 7thfloor, but that went pretty much flawless. I got a tracking nr (UPS if I recall correctly) through which I could see exactly where it was, USA and Dutch customs as well. Of course shipping takes a little longer over this distance, is pricier, and customs don't exactly help the speediness of the process, but I don't see those as a problem especially when you inform your customers beforehand.

If they can do it..?

I certainly do not want to speak for Rick and I am sure he will chime in himself. We can all see how much he has on his plate right now and I am assuming he wants to get a handle on everything before he adds something else as well.

I thought he had mentioned something earlier in the thread about wanting to do this at some point. I feel like he wants to get everything dialed in so that he knows that he can provide the service the way he likes before adding additional things to his plate.

so much for not speaking for Rick! Sorry if I overstepped my boundaries. Just trying to help out.

the ob,

kewpcer

Ditto on the export headaches. If you don't have an established system in place, it can be a nightmare sometimes to try to do it a piece at a time. Been there and done that.

kewpcer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Rick has stated his reasons for not selling out of the U.S. several times in this thread and has also stated that he hopes that some day it may happen. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this can become a reality some day; sooner than later.

"Belly up to the bar" :lol: I love it. Thank you for your vote of confidence in me Rick. I'm honored. And you know I will always tell you straight... whether you like to hear it or not! Of course, with Rick, this can go both ways... :p I know I've gotten an ear full a few times. Vito, I echo your sentiments. I want my Zap to be my "go to" vape; always ready. It has been in the past, but is more so now that it has been improved. The higher temps medicate me better.

Abysmal, I actually have one of those bags. A gift from a very good friend. I've been using it as a beach bag this summer. It gets lots of comments! I'm waiting for someone to recognize what it is. I had been meaning to post a pic of it before summer was over. You beat me to it.

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
cant wait to hear the reviews. I especially like vitolo's model with the hand grooves.

mom, do you know which you are getting?

the ob,

Vitolo

Vaporist
the ob...
The hand grooves, were a big attraction. I suffer partial paralysis, and my left hand... once loyal now has chosen to at times betray me.
The grooves looked like an interesting "take" on the Zap.
I am not fast to accept change, and I love the cylinder best, but the grooves had an appeal
I will divulge her name.. which is now as solid in my mind as her rock heart!
The orange/red Maple RockZap has a grip like a motorcycle throttle.
(I thought of naming her "Throttle")
I am anxious to feel her weight
(I thought of calling her "Rockette")
The grooves.. well I will tell about the grooves in a minute.
(I thought of calling her "Groove")
And for a day I thought of "Lil OC" (Lil for size.. OC for orange Crush.. she's orange and the rock can crush!).
In 1955 I came to the USA from Italy and a lady watched over me for a time. She was a bit of a beatnik. She had in the kitchen that old Formica Table, with an orange colored pattern. The edge of the table was aluminum, and had grooves like that Zap!
The lady's name was Mabel. Mabel used pot (Back in 1955 they called it "boo").
"Like man... this is some groovy Boo"!
Mabel's orange/red table had a groove. Mabel was a "groovey" chick. She had a "Groove". She was Solid as a rock (her soul).

My RockZap's name is Mabel.

Vitolo,

kewpcer

I never dreamed that I would climb
Over the moon in ecstasy
But nevertheless, it's there that I'm
Shortly about to be!

:cool:

kewpcer,

Rick

Zapman
Nothing to Beta testers til next week. I cannot ship til tomorrow at the earliest and that may be delayed.
I also have another design meeting today. When you work with someone who has made a career of designing, inventing and building new products, hold on to your hat. Always wanting to improve, always looking for a better way of doing things and simplifying the construction process. He manufactures and sells equipment and parts globally. All 100% made in USA and all with a lifetime guarantee.
This is all new to me as I am normally easily satisfied. Do a change, works good, maybe better. Alright! Super! But wait.......not quite right yet. Still this or that to work out.
For a clue as to what is up, I will say we are continuing to explore insulating materials. Concrete is an insulating material but there are other choices that may work better and now we have access to anything available commercially.
When we little guys go about building a vape or anything, we cruise the internet and hardware stores for raw materials that may work and fit for what we want to build. There is another level or two past that for obtaining raw materials but you have to have the 'grease' to even get in the door to see what they have available. Spokane is the major industrial supplier for the inland Northwest States so almost any raw material is available.
Nuff. If you are frustrated with expectations of our progress not being met as quickly as I have promised, just know I am worser frustrated. This process of getting it right, really right, is not as simple as I thought it would be.
This indecision is all about insulation. I still plan on getting new prices and SS tips up for the traditional top install log Zap this weekend. There is no indecision on that product. The closed bottom solid SS heatport is about as good as it gets for the traditional non insulated log vape design.

Hang in there. The wait will be over soon. HA! we have heard that one before! I'll try to get more info out late today.

Rick,

RumbleShorts

Thanks Rick!
We are patiently waiting :) It's the "little guys" that innovate an industry. At least, in most circumstances. Of course over the past few years Apple has changed that somewhat.
I know the wait will be worth it, having a "really right" unit will make the extra few days hold time inconsequential.
Looking forward to your update later today

RumbleShorts,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I am curious if you are looking into ceramics? I know very little about anything technical, but doesn't ceramic insulate very well?

what is interesting about all the innovation is that you are trying to innovate while keeping the prices in a certain range. This can sometimes be difficult.

I should stick to what I know about. :) Can't wait to hear about more new stuff.

vitolo, I love the name.

the ob,

Nycdeisel

a couple pics from this morning
DSC04399.jpg

DSC04401.jpg

Nycdeisel,

turtles

post more pics, A that thing is beautiful and B I need something to fill the void until mine gets here!

turtles,

Rick

Zapman
NYC, really nice shots of your Cherry Zap. Thanks for putting them up. How is she working?
OK, chapter 2 or 3 or 4. Good thing it is Friday night.
We had our design meeting. It was very short. Try this. Here is how to install it and keep the heatport centered in a 1 1/2" hole.(heatport is 1 Inch)
A little back and forth and another batch of heatports picked up but most important.......go try this, then report back. Rick says....."do not fucking order til we try this" "I know you are smart but I am skeptical........FC has helped me get that way"....so home I come. Still skeptical after firing one up with no wood around it. Shit, it is not even warm to my finners to hold and it has been on an hour. I could not hold a concrete cup in the same situation as it was way too hot.
This is a Ceramic blanket, 1/8" thick. It is good to 1500 degrees F. I will get the specs soon for those who are interested. It is totally out of the vapor airflow, as WAS the concrete. It works very well, better than the concrete.
I passed on yesterday that the wood was pretty hot, compared to the traditional log vape. Insulate..........hmmmmmmm. Gee whiz, let's do a product that is designed to insulate. Log vapes run 115-120 or so outer temp of the wood. The RockZaps in the pretty wood shells, about ready to Beta, were running 140 up to 160 outer wood temp. I liked them but I have tough hands. We were also finding some inconsistency, although slight, in output.

We had to re-design the heatport to keep it centered in the wood with only a ceramic blanket rather than a concrete cup around it but that was simple.
The concrete worked but concrete is designed for structural strength, not insulation. We made the concrete a better insulator with added air in the mix but it still is not even close to a 1500 degree ceramic blanket wrapped around the solid SS heatport.
We still will have a ceramic insulator above and below the heatport for added insulation.
Traditional non insulated log vapes with the new SS stem tips will be up later this weekend. They are sweet, bored and finished on the lathe and at an excellent heat level. The very last of the brass tip Zaps will leave tomorrow.
That's it for now. Questions welcome. Same Beta testers get Betas but they will be the latest version with the ceramic blanket. Parts will be in early next week and they will ship right away to arrive by weeks end or earlier.
Perseverance furthers.
edit for:
Yes, they will still be RockZaps. Solid as a Rock. Insulated better than a rock..............
BTW, we have two going now. Very consistent heavy vapor through a SS stem tip. Back to 120-130 max exterior wood temp.

Rick,

turtles

It's pretty awesome how much information you share with us, fascinating how much work you put into these :o

turtles,

Nycdeisel

I couldnt agree more turtles! and I will get the best pictures I can! I wont insult you guys with bad light or low quality photos! good things take time

thanks Rick, the camera isnt too good but I am pretty good with it. and wow lots of changes, im not sure i can keep up much longer! :p

This cherry is runnin real hot :) When can I order the SS stem tips? or are there more modifications to those in the works? haha

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom