Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

the ob

all good in the hood.
It sound there are many factors to determine the best way to store. It seems like size of the container and humidity are major issues. I am wondering how is everyone (lwien) measuring humidity in their houses?

the ob,

oscardog

Hey guys i'm so excited to start vaping again, ive been combusting for a long time. But im still waiting for my zap. How long does it normally take for peoples zaps to ship? Its been a week now since i ordered it and i still havent gotten a shipping confirmation. :uhoh: I wasting so much herb with this box style vape i have right now, and i dont wanna go back to combusting

oscardog,
oscardog said:
Hey guys i'm so excited to start vaping again, ive been combusting for a long time. But im still waiting for my zap. How long does it normally take for peoples zaps to ship? Its been a week now since i ordered it and i still havent gotten a shipping confirmation. :uhoh: I wasting so much herb with this box style vape i have right now, and i dont wanna go back to combusting

If it has been a week since you ordered then you can bet your ass its gettin close to being to you. I believe it took seven maybe eight days on my order. I believe it is well worth the wait.

PanicFreak,

oscardog

I was almost starting to panic and freak, panicfreak. But you were right, i just got the shipment notice in my email a few minutes ago. It should be here friday Rick said!!! Only 2 more days to go and i think ill be done combusting for years to come. Ill try to get a pic up when it comes. See ya

oscardog,

reece

momofthegoons said:
reece, you are just a Funkadelic freak!!! :lol: :D

I'm a junkie and I need a fix. It's been over a year since I've seen them live. :lol:

PanicFreak said:
If it has been a week since you ordered then you can bet your ass its gettin close to being to you. I believe it took seven maybe eight days on my order. I believe it is well worth the wait.

Right on. It is worth the wait and it isn't a long wait at all.

Hmm, would you happen to be a Widespread Panic freak? One of my favorite bands. First time I saw them, I didn't know any of their songs and they blew me out of the water. Then, for the encore they covered Funkadelic's Red Hot Mama. Nuff said.

If not, nevermind... :lol:

reece,
reece said:
momofthegoons said:
reece, you are just a Funkadelic freak!!! :lol: :D

I'm a junkie and I need a fix. It's been over a year since I've seen them live. :lol:

PanicFreak said:

Right on. It is worth the wait and it isn't a long wait at all.

Hmm, would you happen to be a Widespread Panic freak? One of my favorite bands. First time I saw them, I didn't know any of their songs and they blew me out of the water. Then, for the encore they covered Funkadelic's Red Hot Mama. Nuff said.

If not, nevermind... :lol:

I am a known spread head. Love the band a lot. So glad jimmy herring is in the lineup, I do miss Michael housers wah wah, that dude could jam for sure. Red hot mama is a great jam, check out panicstream.com for some good tunes. Peace

PanicFreak,

Gunky

oscardog said:
I was almost starting to panic and freak, panicfreak. But you were right, i just got the shipment notice in my email a few minutes ago. It should be here friday Rick said!!! Only 2 more days to go and i think ill be done combusting for years to come. Ill try to get a pic up when it comes. See ya

I got a notice like that too. Looking forward to trying out me new cherry zap on friday!
zap-comix.jpg

Gunky,

lwien

Wow. I have a whole collection of those comics.

Zap
Mr. Natural
Bo Bo Balinsky
etc etc etc.

R. Crumb is my hero. :)

lwien,

Gunky

lwien said:
Wow. I have a whole collection of those comics.

Zap
Mr. Natural
Bo Bo Balinsky
etc etc etc.

R. Crumb is my hero. :)
I love those too. They remind me of freshman year in my college dormitory. I have some of the large format reprints. Crumb is a genius.

Gunky,

lwien

Must have 30 to 40 of them in storage. Now ya got me wanting to go dig through them.

lwien,

Gunky

lwien said:
Must have 30 to 40 of them in storage. Now ya got me wanting to go dig through them.

Those are probably pretty valuable now. Despair Comics!

OK back to Zaps! I am so looking forward to trying out my tootie w/ carb.

Gunky,

wehttam

92034285.jpg

I found a great solution! I attached the hose from my DBV to the stem, and then filter the vapor through my old bubbler. The hose material seals really nicely on the glass, and I get great pulls and massive hits. It really makes me want to buy a bong for this thing.

wehttam,

oscardog

Hey wehttam I should be getting my zap in the mail tomorrow. I was wondering what size Inner Diameter tubing should i get on the way home from work? Also do you guys think i should use a sock or coozy, right when i turn it on for the first time and leave it on, wrapped for a few days?

oscardog,

thedeserttortoise

Ohhhh, what a strange trip it's been... unreal! I struck gold today. No kidding....I just picked up my Intense Walnut Zap from the post office. tongue I can't believe it... it has now taken over the vaulted position my Extreme held right next to my easy chair. Hey Rick... get this. I had to stop at a bud's house on the way home and we decided to fire it up and check it out.....WOW! I would have never believed that I would find a Vape that I liked as much (really more in a way) than my Extreme V3.... well.. we fired it up and tried it out...just fucking magnificent is all I can say! My bud... he'll be buying one from you too..real soon. The hits just seem more flavor-able than my Extreme...and the number of hits from so little herb is amazing. And Ed... the Mahoe Tube is the fucking bomb... it goes so well with Rick's Zap that it looks like a piece of artwork on my stand. I really want to thank both Ed from edsTnT and Rick. Without winning Ed's awesome tube I would have never known what a log vape was (always on and ready to go..instant pleasure)... and then Rick sends me the most beautiful piece of Walnut I've ever seen made into a piece of fine furniture (with a purpose). All I can say is that I can't emphasize how cool this is........Thank you both..... Tortoise

Hey Rick. The friend I mentioned in the above post liked my Zap so much he just sold his Extreme Q and ordered a Zap from you a couple of days ago..... For a desert, were starting some pretty good log piles over here in New Mexico.... it's these cold nights. Lighting up the log sure helps..

thedeserttortoise,

Rick

Zapman
deserttortoise
So glad your Zap is doing the job down there in the desert. Got your friends order just fine.(Easy to remember your town!) Looks like your friends Zap could ship by Tuesday or so of next week for a late week arrival, about a ten day turn around. We cannot seem to get back to the one week turnaround yet. The new year has been good to us.

We like canning jars for storage. You can find them just about anywhere and any ACE Hardware store seems to have a better selection than other stores, at least around here. Pint jars are nice, sometimes a quart size may be needed but the most popular would be the 4 oz or so jelly jars. Jelly jars are smaller than stock canning jars and often have a neat design. There is a Mason real squat wide mouth about 4 oz too. You have to get 4 or 6 or a dozen at a time but the price is nothing when you consider how important proper storage is.
oscardog
Hold back on the coozy a bit. Try it stock without a sock. As I recall, you got a 13.5 with your order, the last one I had in stock. Don't be in too much of a hurry for more heat until you try it with what you have in your arsenal. 1/2" inner diameter tubing will work just right. Your Cherry is nice but not fancy grained like some walnut and myrtle. The Cherry is like that, more on the plain side. Just don't want your expectations TOO high!
Transformer repair kit will be up later today. We do have all items we need now to ship and plenty in stock but have to get a pic and product up on the website.
Off to Tims again first thing this morning. Got a big order that sucked our glass inventory dry.
Another batch of Zaps out tomorrow for an expected Monday arrival. You all will get shipping notices Saturday night or Sunday AM.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
T4All said:
momofthegoons said:
I buy blue glass jars and tins for my fresh herb through this site:

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp

Hey mom, may I ask what size of those specialty jars do you prefer for long term storage as well as short term, and have you tried the amber ones? Seems any bigger than the "4 oz" ones may be too big, could be wrong.

I've been buying the 1.7 oz. glass jars the most. They are perfect for an 1/8th. For larger amounts or long term, I usually use mason jars (jelly size) that hold 4 - 8 oz. liquid. I haven't tried the amber because the blue appeals to me more, and seems darker in color, which seems like it would "protect' the herb more from light. I also like the 1/2 oz screw top tins for kief or small amounts of ground herb. It's the perfect size to have a bit of ground up herb ready for my Zap or MFLB without grinding too much at one time.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Rick

Zapman
Looks like I beat this afternoon.
Pricing was a bit difficult because I could not get a good price on the plugs initially. We also have to consider Paypal fees and shipping/packaging. We also make a little $ on everything we sell. We included the screwdriver because the small size is not at all common and the wrong size will not work properly.
We are always interested in feedback on any item we offer.
http://www.aromazap.com/shop/transformer-repair-kit.html

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Rick said:
Looks like I beat this afternoon.
Pricing was a bit difficult because I could not get a good price on the plugs initially. We also have to consider Paypal fees and shipping/packaging. We also make a little $ on everything we sell. We included the screwdriver because the small size is not at all common and the wrong size will not work properly.
We are always interested in feedback on any item we offer.
http://www.aromazap.com/shop/transformer-repair-kit.html

that price seems very fair to me.

the ob,

oscardog

Thanks Rick. I actually ordered my myrtle zap with the normal 12v, but i will take your advice and leave it unwrapped and see how how it gets first. My zap is driving around my neighborhood to be delivered as I speak. Too bad i'm off to work. Haha cant wait!!!

oscardog,

Rick

Zapman
oscardog
Sorry for the confusion. It was Gunky who got the 13.5 and CherryZap.
Not the easiest thing for me to do, try to hook FC screen names to some orders. I usually don't even try to do that. So Oscar, you can cozy it up in the beginning if you want. That batch did stay on for over 24 hours before leaving Zapville.
Both Myrtles that went out Wednesday were sweet and from the "old" myrtlewood, stored over 40 years. Also some of the new Walnut in that group.

Rick,

Gunky

My cherry Zap arrived just now. Beautiful fit and finish on the unit, fully the equal of the PD. The piece of wood is a bit lighter and yellower than the darker, more orange cherry PD I have. The Zap will probably darken a bit with age and exposure to light. If anything it is a slightly more handsome piece of wood than the PD. It is slightly slimmer than my PD and appears to taper a bit from bottom to top; the PD seems more of a straight cylinder. It's hard to tell but I think the PD may be marginally heavier. I'll post more about it after the Zap warms up. I tried out the included clear glass tooty with carb on my already warm PD. Wow. Excellent hits with that tooty! Nice thickness of glass, too. I probably will order one or two more because knowing me it'll end up heart-breakingly dashed to bits on the floor :D
Very happy with new vape.

Gunky,

T4All

momofthegoons said:
T4All said:
momofthegoons said:
I buy blue glass jars and tins for my fresh herb through this site:

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp
Hey mom, may I ask what size of those specialty jars do you prefer for long term storage as well as short term, and have you tried the amber ones? Seems any bigger than the "4 oz" ones may be too big, could be wrong.

I've been buying the 1.7 oz. glass jars the most. They are perfect for an 1/8th. For larger amounts or long term, I usually use mason jars (jelly size) that hold 4 - 8 oz. liquid. I haven't tried the amber because the blue appeals to me more, and seems darker in color, which seems like it would "protect' the herb more from light. I also like the 1/2 oz screw top tins for kief or small amounts of ground herb. It's the perfect size to have a bit of ground up herb ready for my Zap or MFLB without grinding too much at one time.

Thanks for the info mom and Rick. I was hoping to use these jars with the "pump-n-seal" product recommended by another FC member earlier in this thread so I can get a vacuum seal, here it is..

http://www.pump-n-seal.com/

You guys think this pump-n-seal will work with specialitybottle.com's plastic lids? It seems like this pump-n-seal is made for the metal lid mason jars with lined lids (non-BPA) to get a tight seal. I guess 1.7 oz bottles that work with this pump-n-seal would be ideal. If not, I may have to go bigger like Rick mentioned. I am assuming a vacuum seal then refrigerated would best.

T4All,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I have never used a pump-n-seal, so I don't know if they would work on the jars from specialty bottle. However, If I am not mistaken, Lo has not only used the pump, but has ordered from specialty bottle. Hopefully, she will weigh in on this conversation.

In any case, you can't go wrong with the mason jars. They come in a variety of sizes and shapes these days so I would think you would be able to find something you like. :)

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes
Top Bottom