Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Nycdeisel

Unfortunately, even these days its difficult to find mason jars that come as small as some of the plastic containers you see around.
I believe the smallest glass mason jars I have seen around are the 4 Ounce'rs
It would be cool to see a short disk shaped glass container that has the same band+lid seal, just a vaked thought :p

Nycdeisel,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
:( Yeah, someone else posted pump & seal I think. I use the electric foodsaver mason jar sealing attachment. Unfortunately the smallest jars I can seal are those little quilted jelly jars :( I love the sealer attachments and use but...smaller sealing jars would be nice too.

I have ordered from specialty bottle though and highly recommend them. I'm considering ordering some tins for my hard candy on my next order.

The perfect jar for small stash though you could 'possibly' use pump and seal assuming it could handle the small jar... Baby food jars! They are meant to be sealed and can be resealed.

Technically you don't even need a food sealer. You can use the old fashioned method of putting in a hot pot of water to seal. I'll have to dig up info but back in the day...that was the way to do it :) course the jars need to be capable of holding seal.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5144485_do-lids-seal-canning-jars.html

I seem to remember the method being mentioned here a long time ago too...digging for that thread now lol.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/search.php?search_id=791764849

Lo,

Rick

Zapman
Pump n Seal????
Holy shit, I'm out in my shop(got wifi everywhere around the farm now) laughing my fucking ass off in my man cave. I was thinking of one of those but the kind they advertise in the AARP magazine. Can you believe those fuckers are still around?????? And medicare will pay for them I think.
Sorry all. I just can't help it. A real good roll on that one.

Rick,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Well Rick... You might find other uses for that pump n seal then :o

Lo,

T4All

LOL, yes it definitely looks like a product you'd find in your spam folder! Good luck explaining it to guests, I can see it now..."no really, it's a vacuum sealer"...."yeah sure it is!".

Some people say it works for not only mason jars but ziplocks. The problem with ziplocks is static electricity causes the material to get caught in the ziploc seal track and prevents air tight seal, so you have to double bag it (like an ugly girl when you're drunk). :brow:

T4All,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
swedish-made-penis-enlarger-pumps-and-me-this-sort-of-thing-is-my-bag-baby-101199.jpg

AGBeer,

Rick

Zapman
Starting this week, every Zap kit shipped will include a replacement transformer plug and proper size screwdriver for installing the plug. This will mean, in all cases, the transformer will not need replacing when the stranded wire breaks right next to the transformer output plug as they often do with normal use, resulting in intermittent function and eventually no heat.
This is a common problem with all wall transformer plugs like cell phone chargers, etc. "Just get a new one" is what they all tell us.
No more of that for Zap customers.
This was always in the plan but we had to stock up a bit first.
Folks with orders shipped recently can Email me if they feel left out.

Rick,

CuttyBuddy

Hey just like to chime in.. I'll be purchasing my 3rd glass tooty just now. No carb this time. Now I'll have 2 without holes and 1 with.

On another note. Here's how I do my thing 'now' after evolving into a different setup/routine. DRY herb a MUST now. Real Dry. Because before I would NOT use a kief catcher when grinding with the idea that the kief will be in every hit as needed. Buuuuuuut after switching back to the kief catching method where the user puts the kief on the tip after putting the herb in 1st I found that this was a superior method due to less cleaning/maintenance. The reason Why? Because it seems when the herb is dry and has some of the pollen removed then placed AWAY from the screen it has less chance of build up. Plus gives you an option to do a little less strong hits if you opt to not put the kief on (good for morning). I usually put my kief on the tip after taking my 1st draw by itself.....fresh. Then for the 2nd draw I add the kief. :ko:

Also as per reading this thread, I am now loading EVEN LESS in the stem and finding the results to be not much different from a full stem, so SAVE ON! Plus even better is that I'm finding my bud is not getting TOO DARK, I prefer mine on the lighter side because for some reason I SEEM TO GET MORE VAPOR/Thicker vapor when you don't 'Milk' the crap out of the bud.

So, those are my new techniques after about a year or so. I evolved! Off to purchase that Tooty....

CuttyBuddy,

momatik

CuttyBuddy, how do you prefer to dry your herb? Just leave it out overnight?

Unfortunately I don't have a grinder so I can't try the kief thing. In due time. But I do wanna see if drying is as right for me as it is for many others.

momatik,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Drying is essential. The difference is night and day. The four piece kief collecting grinder is NOT essential but a good two piece is.
Unless you're intending on making your own hash you're much better off I think with a two piece. Space Case, Chromium Crusher - just grab one.
Or if you have a mortar and pestle that will do fine also.
For drying put a bud or two on top of a free heat source such as a cable box overnight, or put it in a shotglass on top of your favorite log vape for at least a few hours.

jeffp,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
On another note. Here's how I do my thing 'now' after evolving into a different setup/routine. DRY herb a MUST now. Real Dry. Because before I would NOT use a kief catcher when grinding with the idea that the kief will be in every hit as needed. Buuuuuuut after switching back to the kief catching method where the user puts the kief on the tip after putting the herb in 1st I found that this was a superior method due to less cleaning/maintenance. The reason Why? Because it seems when the herb is dry and has some of the pollen removed then placed AWAY from the screen it has less chance of build up. Plus gives you an option to do a little less strong hits if you opt to not put the kief on (good for morning). I usually put my kief on the tip after taking my 1st draw by itself.....fresh. Then for the 2nd draw I add the kief.

Cutty, it's good to see that someone besides myself thinks this is a good idea! I love using the "kief at the end of the tip" method. Nice strong hits that keep on coming. Often, these are the stems that have those "magical" 8-11 hits in them, which is so much fun. :lol: :brow:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

CuttyBuddy

Placed the order! Can't wait to have a non-carb tooty for LA. :brow:

@momatick Yes sir for sure that's the way to do it. Over-night uncovered. 2 nights is perfect. I prefer that to the heat source method (eg. on top the vape) because I find the constant heat keeps it somewhat moist and in my experience takes longer to make crispy dry. I don't grind it Too TOO much because once its dry it's easy to turn it into dust. But some is good because it make for more KIEF!

@momo Yea the thing about the kief is, i believe it makes the high last a whole lot longer.... but removing the kief and then putting at the tip makes is great for not having to clean so often - and that's good for me cuz I hate cleaning! lol

CuttyBuddy,

Rick

Zapman
Cutty
Your order rolled in as I was making shipping labels for more Tootys. I had an extra no carber done and tips so you will get yours Thursday as it went out today. I think that was one of the quickest ever as yours was out of here ten minutes after I got your order.
And please folks, I sure do hope there is no pollen in that stuff you are vaping. I really wonder about calling it kief but it is NOT pollen. You would have male flowers in that case. The stuff is trichomes or however it is spelled.(you'd think FC spell check would have that one!)
I will send your shipping info and others with tracking in the AM. Too pooped to pop right now. Think I was out there 12 hrs today and it is 10 degrees outside. I told my son I feel like a stokerman or whatever they called the guy on steam locomotives that kept the fire going.

Rick,

CuttyBuddy

Rick

Amazing & Thank you for doing that. Incredible stuff. Perfect timing. That's the best part - getting the toys quick! I know you're busy round the farm & such but man ya can't stop or that damn fire is gon go out! And we DO NOT WANT THAT. lol

CuttyBuddy,

reece

Another way to increase kief collection is to freeze your herb before grinding. When I vape kief, I never use herb, just straight kief. I use the straw method, lightly, to pack the stem. I never get any kief through the screen and when cashed it blows out just like an herb packed stem. :)

reece,

collegerower

Well I was able to get my hands on a glass tooty and man do I love it. It feels very quality and performs great. It just feels solid in my hand. Has anyone dropped one? How did it fare?

Mine has a carb, and I am not sure if I find I really need it. I usually clear my stem between hits by lifting it out of the heatport so in my case I am not sure I would order another one with it. I could just use the carb to clear the stem instead of lifting it in and out every hit.

Now that I have one glass stem, I dont want to use the stock ones anymore! I think this glass one will be seeing more use than anything else!

collegerower,

Nycdeisel

Now that I have one glass stem, I dont want to use the stock ones anymore! I think this glass one will be seeing more use than anything else!

Sounds like its time to stock up with an extra! :cool::lol:

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: collegerower, I knew you would like a Tooty! I happen to like the carb for stem clearing. Now, have you gotten yourself one of Ed's tubes yet? And listen, never say never. Even with all the glass stems I have,(along with Ed's wood tubes) I find myself occasionally picking up a stock stem and thinking to myself how nice they can be too. All said though, those Tooties are the shit.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Gunky

I like the tooties too. They are similar in size and shape to a pen so they sit well in the hand and are pretty easy to hold onto and (hopefully) not drop. At the end of a load I often do a kind of milkshake type of operation with the cheeks to extract that last bit of goodness. The carb makes that way easier: puff, puff, puff puff, finger off, inhale.

Gunky,

CuttyBuddy

My next one will be 4 :cool:

I prefer No carb. It make you have to commit your hand.....and I hate commitment! haha no seriously the new one is great. It's the smallest one yet. It looks like someone started to make a hole in it and stopped. It's a little imperfect, but hey it works! The new style tips fits a lot better because they seem so be easier to slide in. Looks almost matte. Real nice

I gotta try that freezing method.

When you say straw technique do you mean place the kief in the tip with the straw? Then just hold it sideways and hit?

CuttyBuddy,

SmokingElectricity

like cutty, i have been finding great results using less in the tip. been spending alot of time with my MZ the past few weeks. so sick of the cold, snow and ice. works great on warming cold hands. [ladies do not like cold hands] freezing method works great cuttty. check out this vid for further inquire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlC9tEDWSdw

SmokingElectricity,
Top Bottom