Arizer Solo

Yea that should be fine ABV if your doing it always like in your video. If it is that lite and you were just using it normal then I would think that is a little to lite.

VapeNStone,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Solo is new?
My Solo on 7 is much better than the Pax on low..
(unofficial Pax but it works great)
What Dreamerr said is the stem all the way in? post a pic.
Level 4 most of the time for my SOLO's.
Level 5 when I use glass daisy screens.

GSC is my favorite strain!

I find it balanced.

My other strains couch lock me.

GSC I can still function however kind of intense!

Vaporito

Level 4 most of the time for my SOLO's.
Level 5 when I use glass daisy screens.

GSC is my favorite strain!

I find it balanced.

My other strains couch lock me.

GSC I can still function however kind of intense!

For me it's level 4 with glass stems, 5 with Ed's black wood stem.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
For me it's level 4 with glass stems, 5 with Ed's black wood stem.
I bought a Ed's wooden stem over a year ago.
Maybe I used it 2 x?
Really well made.

Level 4 gives me the flavor I seek.
I will try the glass daisy stems on level 4 today.
Still playing around with screens.
Sometimes I just use the flowers whole (NO Screen).
It is Friday!

ataxian,

Hexi

Excellent hope you post a pic of the actual setup once you get it together

I keep forgetting to do that, I have it all stocked up with the DV and Solo + tubes etc.. $14 and nice and small. I'll snap a pic tonight, the set up is looking much cleaner
Yeah tomrrow I'll try with some top shelf, all I have right now is the average mids I feed my hungry hungry Pax.

I tried different amounts, I never packed, and I tried inhaling at all different speeds. I get vapor, just kinda thin, and then I have to wait 30s for the next hit, pretty much exactly like this video:

Compare that to where I'm coming from :ko:

I'm glad I tried it, but I'm starting to worry this might not be the vape for me, in a lot of ways it reminds me of the Pinncle v1 :2c:

Sounds like something is off with the Solo. PAX on high = thicker (but darker and less tasty) clouds than a standard solo on 7... however without a PVHES or a water tube, a solo on 4 should give giving what a Pax on low can do, even medium.

That being said, those 2 videos are not an even comparison. The pax has a tiny bubbler, the solo has a giant water pipe. Using something the size of that water tube on the solo normally gives the same hit

I was getting huge rips last night with a shorty bowl
Charging helped my solo I think, it also has really good airflow (coming from the pax) even with the standard stems so I almost wish I got the standard GonG.

I tried with a bit of wax and got a nice long sesh, then did two stems to try out the regular stems, is this what people get on lvl 7:
lYdsuNf.jpg

But the flavor with wax was very good! I'm hopeful it will shine with some grams of topshelf, I'm so used to buying bulk mids for the Pax it will be a real treat to use a vape that can conserve!

That's way light, that's what my 1st round ABV from a solo looks like. If my bowl looks like that, I can still get 2-3 more Fbomb hits out of it, but what I normally do is stir and top it off with a tiny amount of fresh mix.

But if that is on 7, and you are using a OEM stem? something is up. Also the Solo works best when 80% charged or more from what I hear

Last edited:

420time

would anyone care to give me their opinions how much a heavily used arizer solo m106, with the smell proof case, 14mm water pipe adapter with carb, straight stem, charger, power adapter would sell for. used like since 2011 of june or july.

420time,

clouded vision

would anyone care to give me their opinions how much a heavily used arizer solo m106, with the smell proof case, 14mm water pipe adapter with carb, straight stem, charger, power adapter would sell for. used like since 2011 of june or july.
However much someone is willing to pay for it. sorry couldn't resist, you didn't say what the case is but I'm guessing it's a vape case. figure new you are looking at about 270 new right now, take off 15 for the missing stem and 50 for the battery which will most likely need to be replaced soon if it doesn't already so we are at 200ish then whatever you feel is fair to discount it because it is used and to make up for no warranty

clouded vision,

420time

anyone know how to clean the vapecase, quarantine series for the arizer solo? my box reeks even when i leave it open for days.

420time,

clouded vision

that's why I said whatever someone is willing to pay. I wouldn't pay 200 or even close but I'm also not in the market for one. For someone who is already looking at putting down 190 for one with a case, they might be more tempted to pay say 175 and get some extras knowing that it is used, of course that might be too high anyway. The other thing to consider is this a transaction amongst friends or just 2 people who don't know each other, the friends price should always be lower

clouded vision,
Reactions: Dreamerr

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
$150.00 is fair!
If it's less buy it quick!

ataxian,
Reactions: 2clicker

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Weird things going on with my solo/pa, and I come to you the knowledgeable people of the solo thread for help. I know there are some that have excellent knowledge of the voltage etc that make the solo charge or work as a pa.

Issue is this:
  • Have been using the PA pretty much exclusively since I got it a couple of months ago and everything has worked great.
  • I noticed yesterday that during PA mode, the charge light lit up red, which it had never done before. It was working perfectly well on PA mode, but after the session, it had charged the solo (or at least the indicator for charge was higher). From what I have read of @OF's explanations of how the voltage worked, I didn't think this was possible. What I do figure, is that something (probably the PA) isn't working properly.
  • Another part of the issue is after the solo is in PA/red charge mode, it won't turn on properly. The way to get to it turn on is to charge it with the normal charger briefly (which works fine) and then the solo will turn on using the battery again.
  • This doesn't happen every time I use the PA now, but it has happened more than once.
Any suggestions? Do I just need to contact PV about a bad PA? TIA

fluffhead,
Reactions: Dreamerr

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Battery is now pretty much fully charged. The first time it happened it said it was around 3, but I had the same instinct you did and charged it. It works just fine, but whatever puts it in PA/charge mode also seems to knock it offline from being able to start up on its own in battery mode until the charger puts it back online. Thanks for the question!

OF

• Another part of the issue is after the solo is in PA/red charge mode, it won't turn on properly. The way to get to it turn on is to charge it with the normal charger briefly (which works fine) and then the solo will turn on using the battery again.
  • This doesn't happen every time I use the PA now, but it has happened more than once.
Any suggestions?

The red light means you've completely flattened the battery, you should fully charge it back up again.

Going forward, keep an eye on it and don't let the 'battery meter' fall off the bottom. Recharge the battery when it gets down to a step or so left.

OF

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
The red light means you've completely flattened the battery, you need to fully charge it back up again.

Going forward, keep an eye on it and don't let the 'battery meter' fall off the bottom. Recharge the battery when it gets down to a step or so left.

OF
Thanks for the reply. Another weird thing though is that I never let the battery go under 2. Based on my limited understanding of your previous posts, I came to believe that there is a sweet spot that I shouldn't let my battery fall too low nor let it quite charge to the 100% top. Since I use the PA almost all the time I do that, it just takes about a week to happen normally before I get down to 2 and recharge.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Yeah tomrrow I'll try with some top shelf, all I have right now is the average mids I feed my hungry hungry Pax.

I tried different amounts, I never packed, and I tried inhaling at all different speeds. I get vapor, just kinda thin, and then I have to wait 30s for the next hit, pretty much exactly like this video:

Compare that to where I'm coming from :ko:

I'm glad I tried it, but I'm starting to worry this might not be the vape for me, in a lot of ways it reminds me of the Pinncle v1 :2c:
I pack my Solo stems pretty tight and get GREAT vapor. Tight might make a big difference for you. Try packing good n tight. You should get tons of rips and vapor. :2c::peace:

Based on age, usage, and misc. stuff, I'd wager that $80. - $90. would be fair. Solo's can be had for approx. #130. new, $170. with accessories. So half might be fair. JMO

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeKickass

Suddenly, buds:
cqLzOhH.jpg

Ok with top shelf and mids with wax I get pretty dark abv on 7:
7hQSdhj.jpg

(0.1g top shelf Hawaiian Punch on left, 0.1g mids with wax on top, green mids for reference bottom right)

I like the taste on 5 but get very little visible exhaled vapor (efficient but a bit unsatisfying lol)
With 6 I get exhaled mist-vapor and still good taste, maybe that's like 4 or 5 on an older model solo?

EDIT:
I pack my Solo stems pretty tight and get GREAT vapor. Tight might make a big difference for you. Try packing good n tight. You should get tons of rips and vapor. :2c::peace:
Ah I've been keeping everything loose and fluffy because I though it would help, most of my bowls have been 0.1g or less, I'll try 0.2g more densly packed next time, thanks for the excuse to use more! :D

:drool: Hawaiian Punch... I wish you could smell this
76ckdTf.jpg

OF

Thanks for the reply. Another weird thing though is that I never let the battery go under 2. Based on my limited understanding of your previous posts, I came to believe that there is a sweet spot that I shouldn't let my battery fall too low nor let it quite charge to the 100% top. Since I use the PA almost all the time I do that, it just takes about a week to happen normally before I get down to 2 and recharge.

By all means keep an eye on it. My guess is somewhere along the line you 'accidentally' ran some battery sessions (maybe the cable came out a bit?).

You can play with it some and find out if you start in PA mode and unplug at just the right time it slips into battery power mode without your ever pushing both buttons. I first noticed it when playing with a marginal PA a while back.

FWIW I think 'holding the line' at two lights is plenty safe, battery wise.

Good luck.

OF

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
By all means keep an eye on it. My guess is somewhere along the line you 'accidentally' ran some battery sessions (maybe the cable came out a bit?).

You can play with it some and find out if you start in PA mode and unplug at just the right time it slips into battery power mode without your ever pushing both buttons. I first noticed it when playing with a marginal PA a while back.

Good luck.

OF
Thanks, I will definitely watch it. It is possible that I ran battery sessions. And I have seen it go to battery mode after unplugging. That always seemed to happen when I unplugged just around the 12 minute mark.

At first when this happened I thought I had some sort of mythical solo that does PA and charge at the same. But then based on my interpretation of your posts and the posts of some others, I thought that meant that something isn't right because it shouldn't be happening. It just all seems so strange to me. It never said that it got less than 2. As long as it works, right?

fluffhead,

OF

Thanks, I will definitely watch it. It is possible that I ran battery sessions. And I have seen it go to battery mode after unplugging. That always seemed to happen when I unplugged just around the 12 minute mark.

You're welcome, of course, sharing what we see and find is what's moving the collective understanding along I think. Lots of sharp guys are interested in this and looking for clues. Good time for a group bow I think.....

At first when this happened I thought I had some sort of mythical solo that does PA and charge at the same. But then based on my interpretation of your posts and the posts of some others, I thought that meant that something isn't right because it shouldn't be happening. It just all seems so strange to me. It never said that it got less than 2. As long as it works, right?

Yeah, I also noted you can do it right at the start, just as it flashes the battery state. Often pushing either key 'knocks it out'. My guess is the processor gets distracted at just the right time..... I happens to us all, sooner or later you know.

In my case I found it because the prototype PA I was using died at just the right time. It went from five to 3 lights on the battery in one session (bad timing I guess). Then I realized it was dark.....

Battery draw in PA mode is a funny thing near as I can tell. It depends a lot on the exact output voltage of the PA (in general the higher the lower the battery draw up to the point you go over 9.0 or so and it crashes and goes to light shows instead of vapor.....). It also depends on the battery charge (here it's the other way, the weaker the remaining battery charge is the more comes from the PA and not the battery. It evidently doesn't go to zero as some seem to get battery charge down to lock out. I managed to get it down to a little over 20mA (maybe 2% of the total, 98% PA) but got bored and gave up before I could flatten it the last bit (I had seventy something sessions in 'below the last LED' at that point. I didn't like clobbering the battery like that, but demands of science and all that.

My 'take' is you can usually get 'several times more PA sessions than battery sessions per light' at the top, sometimes more, and that changes a lot as the battery discharges. As the battery goes down you get more PA sessions per light. The key is to just check the battery from time to time I think, no big deal.

Neat little gadgets for sure.

OF

Top Bottom