Arizer Solo

air_zonk

guys can someone who owns both a pvhe and pvhe turbo speak to the differences. i dropped my bong and shattered my pvhegong. so i need to get a new one. i would actualyl like a little more airflow because i love taking fewer and denser/heavier rips. will turbo achieve this or will the turbo do opposite of helping me pull heavier rips out of it? i could buy the non- pvhe even if that'll get me thicker denser vape

air_zonk,

natural farmer

guys can someone who owns both a pvhe and pvhe turbo speak to the differences. i dropped my bong and shattered my pvhegong. so i need to get a new one. i would actualyl like a little more airflow because i love taking fewer and denser/heavier rips. will turbo achieve this or will the turbo do opposite of helping me pull heavier rips out of it? i could buy the non- pvhe even if that'll get me thicker denser vape
Get a non-PVHE and stick a slightly dommed screen at the bottom of your Solo's SS bowl. You are good to go! :D

ou812?

Would aNY of the good people here show me how to pack hash in a cotton sandwich...,
Pics would be awesome, as I tried to do it yesterday and draw was super restricted...and yes I used 100% cotton..

Hmmmm,never did the cotton thing either bro.I just place a hunk of it in the stem, I dont, but you could place a screen on the end for it not to fall out,I dont because I use mine inverted into a WT.But it does well on 5 and 6 and since I guess its hash,its my kief I collect and then turn it into a piece of hash by pressing and heating it. Comes out dense and will deliver cloud after cloud or just sip it nice and slow with out a WT. I dont put the herb in it because for myself,the small amount seems to expire before the nug of hash does and I get a crummy flavored load. I took the advice from a poster that said it (hash) might require a higher heat to produce vapor of denser material,its worked for me,YMMV,try it,cant hurt!! :cheers:

samirfuzzywuzzy

Whoa ,
Plastic tops ? That's a new one .
How come we've never heard about that ?

Forget about the SKU model #'s ,
but I'll be making sure that PV sends me one with a metallic top and NOT a plastic top . :2c:

In fact , I had just recently dropped mine and put a nice battle scar on my Silver cap .
And I was hoping to order just another silver cap , ( anyone know how much ? )
I guess that will be another thing to talk with PV before I order .

I never said that they NOW come Plastic.

He told my when they first started coming out some of them had a plastic cap. He never said what type of plastic. It could be that he is referring to some kind of non metal material that was thought to be a plastic.

remember I am only repeating part of my phone conversation to the best of my memory.

I never said that they NOW come Plastic.

He told my when they first started coming out some of them had a plastic cap. He never said what type of plastic. It could be that he is referring to some kind of non metal material that was thought to be a plastic.

remember I am only repeating part of my phone conversation to the best of my memory.
I have one of the first solo's and it has a metal cap(M103). I believe dreamer has an M102 which should be one of the first sets of serial's as well.

samirfuzzywuzzy

I have one of the first solo's and it has a metal cap(M103). I believe dreamer has an M102 which should be one of the first sets of serial's as well.

Hey you guys know what, trying to correct me is not going to help you guys. This is what I heard from a guy I spoke to at PlanetVape.ca I have 3 solos and they all have metal caps none of which screw-on to each other. Im not here claiming that I have some special plastic cap. I just mentioned it since everyone keeps hyping what "numbers" are under their units. This "numbers" comparison contest is detracting from a great thread about a great vaporizer if you ask me.

bigdjohnson

I just received the Volcano grinder just to compare it to the only other grinder I've ever used. It's a different beast which leaves me a very very fine grind. So I want an extremely fine grind with the solo? Does it matter?

bigdjohnson,

samirfuzzywuzzy

I just received the Volcano grinder just to compare it to the only other grinder I've ever used. It's a different beast which leaves me a very very fine grind. So I want an extremely fine grind with the solo? Does it matter?
I use turbo stem/gong with fine screens and always use the finest grind when looking for clouds. I use a coarser grind for flavor. I think its preference mostly

samirfuzzywuzzy,

OF

Hey you guys know what, trying to correct me is not going to help you guys. This is what I heard from a guy I spoke to at PlanetVape.ca I have 3 solos and they all have metal caps none of which screw-on to each other.

Thanks, I agree folks are getting all hung up on model changes that aren't significant.

However, I don't think people are questioning you personally, rather the information. Unfortunately there's very little information from the maker to work on, guys jump on 'XXX told me...'.

I too misread your prior post to be news that some people were (starting) to get plastic caps, not that it was irreverent history.

When speaking to PV they asked me if my solo top was plastic? I was like what do you mean?
Make a long story short supposedly some people have plastic tops while some have metal tops.
There seems to be difference in units but nothing worth marketing as a change or significant enough for us forum users to really need differentiation.

So, are we agreed? The caps being used are all metal, with some minor differences, and they don't interchange well? We're not looking at a change to plastic?

Thanks again for passing any information you think is credible and useful (and properly sourced IMO). Useful information beats ignorance or guessing....

OF

Hey you guys know what, trying to correct me is not going to help you guys. This is what I heard from a guy I spoke to at PlanetVape.ca I have 3 solos and they all have metal caps none of which screw-on to each other. Im not here claiming that I have some special plastic cap. I just mentioned it since everyone keeps hyping what "numbers" are under their units. This "numbers" comparison contest is detracting from a great thread about a great vaporizer if you ask me.
what you really pointed out is PV needs to update their staff lol And just FYI I took the first part of your post pretty rude

VapeNStone,
Reactions: Dreamerr

hispan1

Someone used PVHEGonG High Efficiency Gong shorty, works well?
The standard is out of stock, I wait or ask that??
Thanx!!!

hispan1,

Hexi

Would aNY of the good people here show me how to pack hash in a cotton sandwich...,
Pics would be awesome, as I tried to do it yesterday and draw was super restricted...and yes I used 100% cotton..

I did some concentrates the past few days - everything cranked to 7 with the Fbomb bubbler
  • Durban Glass - tough one, I crumbled it and made a sammich, the flavor was off, but first time I ever had this Durban glass and probably had too much ABV in there
  • GSC Taffy - sammich, huge clouds, Taffy seems to be the perfect concentrate for for this. I got wrecked last night with too much Sativa dom herb and taffy combined... could hardly talk to my family for an hour :mmmm:
  • Various Bubble hash - mixed in with herb, big clouds, works great
pure concentrate , I'm too worried about the stainless steel bowl so I always pack at least some ABV buffer, never cotton

Someone used PVHEGonG High Efficiency Gong shorty, works well?
The standard is out of stock, I wait or ask that??
Thanx!!!

Shorty gives me 2 cycles. But the pack is very important, too tight and you get your ABV too light and too much cool air. Too loose... idk never did it too loose ^_^ But packing a shorty too tight can waste your vape and hurt taste

In short, the shorty PVHEGONG is the right sized bowl, but has a bigger 'learning curve' IMO.

I could never finish a fully packed OEM stem, after 2 sessions my throat would get irritated and I would be where I need to be long before I finished and taking more hits just so I don't "waste"

FoldedPaper

Ok, so after taking off the lid of the solo and drawing directly with my mouth on the element, it does seem like one of the holes has an intermittent clog which changes the airflow suddenly when it gets blocked. How can I fix this, blowing through the element hasnt worked.

OF

Ok, so after taking off the lid of the solo and drawing directly with my mouth on the element, it does seem like one of the holes has an intermittent clog which changes the airflow suddenly when it gets blocked. How can I fix this, blowing through the element hasnt worked.

How is it you're separating the flow from one of the holes from the other 3 or the larger flow that comes from the gap above the cup?

I've disassembled a heater as far as possible (involves unsoldering the four leads from the PCB under the heater) there's no place under the cup for anything to get trapped and 'plenty of ways around' anything that might be there.

How are your soldering skills? I don't advise it, but it can be done.

Here's a fun experiment I did you can try. Plug the small holes with toothpick ends and see what happens?

Blowing won't work that way most likely, you're blowing on both sides at once. Air also goes through the gap to the back side of the cup. I used a small tube to deliver high pressure CO2 directly to the ports one at a time, which is what lead to my disassembling the heater.

Once again, IMO flow thought the holes is a very small part of the total, and is often blocked completely by the stem lip. The bulk of the flow seems to come down the side of the stem, across the lip and up. PVHES increase this with the grooves and notches. Everyone reports an increase in flow as the unit 'breaks in' it's a cinch those four holes in the SS cup aren't changing.

OF

FoldedPaper

How is it you're separating the flow from one of the holes from the other 3 or the larger flow that comes from the gap above the cup?

I've disassembled a heater as far as possible (involves unsoldering the four leads from the PCB under the heater) there's no place under the cup for anything to get trapped and 'plenty of ways around' anything that might be there.

How are your soldering skills? I don't advise it, but it can be done.

Here's a fun experiment I did you can try. Plug the small holes with toothpick ends and see what happens?

Blowing won't work that way most likely, you're blowing on both sides at once. Air also goes through the gap to the back side of the cup. I used a small tube to deliver high pressure CO2 directly to the ports one at a time, which is what lead to my disassembling the heater.

Once again, IMO flow thought the holes is a very small part of the total, and is often blocked completely by the stem lip. The bulk of the flow seems to come down the side of the stem, across the lip and up. PVHES increase this with the grooves and notches. Everyone reports an increase in flow as the unit 'breaks in' it's a cinch those four holes in the SS cup aren't changing.

OF
Wow, some great insight here. If not the holes, what could cause restriction of air flow with these other areas?

FoldedPaper,
Reactions: OF

samirfuzzywuzzy

Im thinking to get a scratch awl and jam it in each of the four holes. I think it will increase the size of the hole a little too.

samirfuzzywuzzy,

FoldedPaper

It is probably worth noting that I can not draw through the stems when they are in. I either have to lean them hard to one side (they wobble) or pull the stem halfway out the chamber.

FoldedPaper,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
FP did you read at alllllllllllllllllllllll....I am being serious because from what you are saying you are complaining about a new solo issue which is all normal. I also believe I have said that already that it will loosen up as well as others. If you read at all you would have gotten some tips and tricks like lifting the stem a mm or 2.

clouded vision

If anyone here was interested in a PNWT or f-bomb for their solo, you should really go check out the glassblowersdirect.com thread, Sam made a clone that isn't on his website. There is a picture of it that was posted today and he is only asking $59.99 for it. Also it has no labels on it which I know a lot of people prefer. Only problem is he only ships to US, not even Canada last I checked.

WaxOnWaxOff

If anyone here was interested in a PNWT or f-bomb for their solo, you should really go check out the glassblowersdirect.com thread, Sam made a clone that isn't on his website. There is a picture of it that was posted today and he is only asking $59.99 for it. Also it has no labels on it which I know a lot of people prefer. Only problem is he only ships to US, not even Canada last I checked.

I just ordered one the other day. I was waiting for a while for the f-bomb to get back in stock at planetvape but finally decided to order from sam instead. I ended up getting the in stock notification from planetvape about an hour after I put my order in with sam. :doh:

JoeKickass

I'm curious as to which country you live in and what part of it? I live in California and they still haven't even given me tracking yet. :huh:
I'm in the Bay Area, and I'm praying that you get better tracking info than I do. Somehow it's going to take 6 days to ship from LA to the Bay, simply :mental:

JoeKickass,
Top Bottom