Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Ok, they can't interchange on my models and both are def metal. OF if you want me to be more specific I will as I did pay attention when I did it.

OF

Ok, they can't interchange on my models and both are def metal. OF if you want me to be more specific I will as I did pay attention when I did it.

No, thanks, that's confirming my shaky memory. So what I saw was most likely were two metal tops that don't interchange. That could be normal production variances or might represent two distinct versions. Maybe even more. Plastic tops would be a third?

I'm not sure it matters unless you wreck your top or tube. They might treat them as a pair?

Interesting, but no advantage I can see.....nor much we can do about it?

OF

OF,
Reactions: Pipes

dos equis

The PA doesn't give the battery charge, right? I swear the Solo went down to 5 when I was done last night, and now it's back to 6.

dos equis,
Reactions: OF

OF

The PA doesn't give the battery charge, right? I swear the Solo went down to 5 when I was done last night, and now it's back to 6.

That's right, you need more voltage to charge than run PA (that's how the Solo knows which to do in fact).

It's also normal for the battery to 'recover' a bit, perhaps enough to show as a step if it's close enough?

No problems I can see. Enjoy it. Just recharge it eventually.....

OF

poonman

When speaking to PV they asked me if my solo top was plastic? I was like what do you mean?
Make a long story short supposedly some people have plastic tops while some have metal tops.
There seems to be difference in units but nothing worth marketing as a change or significant enough for us forum users to really need differentiation.

Whoa ,
Plastic tops ? That's a new one .
How come we've never heard about that ?

Forget about the SKU model #'s ,
but I'll be making sure that PV sends me one with a metallic top and NOT a plastic top . :2c:

In fact , I had just recently dropped mine and put a nice battle scar on my Silver cap .
And I was hoping to order just another silver cap , ( anyone know how much ? )
I guess that will be another thing to talk with PV before I order .

Dreamerr

Please, poonman ask them about the "plastic" tops as I believe this was said in error TIA. I think the solo feels like plastic and possibly got someone who didn't know on the phone?????????? This doesn't sound logical to me that they would do this.

Vaporito

It makes no sense that the top so close to the heater would now be plastic... I have the m1A and it looks like black steel to me, in fact I got a small chip on the paint on the outside edge.

THCfootprint

I did a little searching and couldn't find the answer in this thread, and it's probably a question that should be asked, but where exactly is the airflow coming from? If it comes through the crucibles, the holes on top of the lid(everyone's using this term so I will too) or even from the holes from the bottom of the solo, then wouldn't that mean there is a potential for inhaling off-gas from the heated materials (wires, plastic, circuitry).

If you look at the below pics, it's obvious that there isn't an airtight seal separating the wires, battery, and circuit boards from the air you are inhaling. I asked this very same question on the official arizer site and I'm still waiting for a response. Hopefully I can get some quick answers here.

25q7s48.jpg

this is the crucible i was talking about

oj1awz.jpg

Here you can see the red wire near the bottom

kchv1x.jpg

Also, what would be a good substitute for the arizer solo. With so much new shit coming out every so often, I can't decide which portable vape to stick with. Recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I did a little searching and couldn't find the answer in this thread, and it's probably a question that should be asked, but where exactly is the airflow coming from? If it comes through the crucibles, the holes on top of the lid(everyone's using this term so I will too) or even from the holes from the bottom of the solo, then wouldn't that mean there is a potential for inhaling off-gas from the heated materials (wires, plastic, circuitry).

If you look at the below pics, it's obvious that there isn't an airtight seal separating the wires, battery, and circuit boards from the air you are inhaling. I asked this very same question on the official arizer site and I'm still waiting for a response. Hopefully I can get some quick answers here.

25q7s48.jpg

this is the crucible i was talking about

oj1awz.jpg

Here you can see the red wire near the bottom

kchv1x.jpg

Also, what would be a good substitute for the arizer solo. With so much new shit coming out every so often, I can't decide which portable vape to stick with. Recommendations would be highly appreciated.
I see what you're saying, but really don't think that anything at all under the hood is getting heated to the point of off-gassing...not even close. Even when brand new and my heated bowl was empty, I sniffed around top to bottom and never detected even the slightest hint of anything. Though I've not taken it apart to see what it's made of and how it's put together, I doubt Arizer would've let the matter of heater insulation and off-gassing slip through the cracks, not this long into the game. I know however that some have reported burn-off odors when new, but that subsided/resolved soon thereafter with burn-off sessions. Don't have a clue what caused it.

OF

I see what you're saying, but really don't think that anything at all under the hood is getting heated to the point of off-gassing...not even close.

Agreed. Of course not. No risk that I can see, either.

IMO Arizer did their homework. Lots of very critical guys have looked for such troubles and come up dry. Worry about such stuff if you wish, but my advice is to enjoy the Solo for what it is.

OF

Tus-Chan

I've been lurking here for a month or so but I just signed up now because I need some help...

I recently got the Arizer Solo and while I thought it was okay, I have never been able to get virtually anything like what I've seen and heard other people getting with the device. I get piddly clouds from the very start and herbs stop vaping halfway through the session, barely even browned.

Last night, I took the screw-on cap off to inspect the unit for problems, and I discovered that the stainless steel bowl is completely warped and misaligned at the very top and bottom. Not only are all four vent holes either partially or completely blocked by something underneath, there is a large enough gap on one side of the bowl where the bowl meets the plastic lip that I could probably stick a butter knife in between the two parts.

What on Earth can I do about this? One of my friends busted the aromatherapy bowl into pieces and dust on accident, so I can't return the entire package. Can I simply get the base unit exchanged? What do I do if I can't get it replaced or fixed under warranty?

Dreamerr

We need to see pictures as we don't know if that is the case. Solos are commonly not aligned perfectly inside. Also a vid helps...we had on person here not have the stem in but if we didn't see a vid we couldn't diagnose. Good luck.

FoldedPaper

My solo is acting up again, the airflow is all weird again even with the new stem. I notice that if I push the stem down against the heating element I can not even draw air in. Is this normal?

How can you clean the element, im afraid to use much iso on it, but there is a discolored ring at the bottom.

FoldedPaper,

Dreamerr

That is a new one that I haven't seen, but let's wait for our other great members to chime in. To my eyes, I would warranty that solo.

Foldered paper didn't you just get your solo? If so slow and steady wins the race.

FoldedPaper

That is a new one that I haven't seen, but let's wait for our other great members to chime in. To my eyes, I would warranty that solo.

Foldered paper didn't you just get your solo? If so slow and steady wins the race.
I got it mid July.

It worked great every day, until a week ago or so.

Last edited:
FoldedPaper,

Dreamerr

It can be returned no issue if you got it from a good vendor. I think I would do it either way if it was me cause it just makes it that much easier to drop herb down on the bottom. It happens all by itself as it is so I don't think I would want to help it along.

abhishek

Would aNY of the good people here show me how to pack hash in a cotton sandwich...,
Pics would be awesome, as I tried to do it yesterday and draw was super restricted...and yes I used 100% cotton..

abhishek,

Dreamerr

I have never done that cause I don't like the cotton...ok I did do it but didn't like it but it was because of the cotton. You can just sandwich this way you get the best of both worlds.

Dreamerr,

OF

I recently got the Arizer Solo and while I thought it was okay, I have never been able to get virtually anything like what I've seen and heard other people getting with the device. I get piddly clouds from the very start and herbs stop vaping halfway through the session, barely even browned.

Last night, I took the screw-on cap off to inspect the unit for problems, and I discovered that the stainless steel bowl is completely warped and misaligned at the very top and bottom.

Howdy. Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the choice of vape. Solid units, IMO.

I would not be so quick to condemn your Solo. The gap that concerns you is a normal part of the unit, it's not always uniform, air gets in through that gap. Likewise the four holes are very shallow and are blocked by the same high temperature plastic that makes up most of the body. The cup sits on four ribs, you can just see the one at 12 o'clock in your photo. The vents scavenge the hot air from each of those four trapped spaces it seems. Any flow at all seems to be OK, even intentionally blocking them (yes, I'm guilty....) does little to the drawing air flow.

If it's cycling and changing steps normally, making at least some vapor and darkening at least part of the load it's probably doing just fine. Rather, I'd consider technique, starting with the load. How good is your bud and how well cured? How are you grinding it (or are you) and how tight are you packing? What step are you running?

Otherwise, yes, you can probably trade just the unit (PIU traded the unit and charger on my first Solo).

TIA

My solo is acting up again, the airflow is all weird again even with the new stem. I notice that if I push the stem down against the heating element I can not even draw air in. Is this normal?

How can you clean the element, im afraid to use much iso on it, but there is a discolored ring at the bottom.

Yes, that's quite normal. The square end of the stem is hitting the square bottom of the Solo squarely. As the seal loosens up a bit it's easier for the stem to tip a bit to ease this. The PVHES exploits this with the notches on the lip of the stem.

Stains from burnt on junk are probably not a big deal if not excessive, but if it's bugging you it's bugging you. I recommend ignoring it, but if I felt I had to mess with it I'd probably try a piece of one of the plastic 'steel wool like' scrub pads for pans. They work on Stainless Steel, as does a copper 'brillo pad' of sorts sold under 'Char Boy'. Neither will scratch the steel but should abrade away the junk. I'd go after it warm for the plastic and/or hot for the copper......and be worried about cleaning up the debris (rather than trying to vape it).

Good luck with it.

OF

Dreamerr

To be clear, I wasn't saying his solo wasn't working. I was just saying I have never seen a cup that crooked and it would bother me for various reasons.

Edit: and I meant warranty exchange not returned...damn my wrong words tonight.

abhishek

I have never done that cause I don't like the cotton...ok I did do it but didn't like it but it was because of the cotton. You can just sandwich this way you get the best of both worlds.

Sorry didnt get u..my English is bad...which way to get best outta both worlds???

abhishek,

Dreamerr

If you sandwich the hash in between herb. Vitolo has a video on the cotton wrapping. All you do is like roll a joint...place the cotton flat you know like stretched out, put your hash in but crumble it well, then roll the cotton and put it in the stem.

So there are your both ways....don't worry nobody understands me cause I speak funny or at least type funny. I just think people should read my mind.

If you still don't understand and can't find the vid, I will find it for you tomorrow:). You can search for vitolo in this thread and I hope it will be in his last ten posts maybe?

Top Bottom