Arizer Solo

OF

velcro strap, 1/2" rubber grommet, food grade tubing (3/8" interior/ 1/2" exterior)
I used this setup for sometime before I got the glass on glass adapter.

Lots of fun stuff. You can also get the caps from PV. I get them 100 at a crack from MacMaster Carr. They also sell high temperature rated ones that can be jammed on a hot stem and dumped into a pocket in an emergency.....if you think that's useful? 100 of either is under ten bucks.

Good show you've dumped the tygon tube, it's food grade at typical temperatures, but not at all up to vapor temperatures. 500F Silicone tube is what you want for stuff like that. Like:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23884&catid=799

OF

five0five

This may be a dumb question but does the mmj vapors get stronger (talking stronger thc) as the temp goes up? I use settings 3-5 and seems like on setting 5 i get less hits but way more medicated then I do on on setting 4 with the same.amount of hits. Just curious
thanks in advance.

five0five,
Reactions: OF

abhishek

Wow f-bomb outta stock at PV.....and am sure that atleast 70% of em have been ordered by FC members...so guys how well is it , hitting the spot...?

abhishek,
Reactions: Hexi

poonman

This may be a dumb question but does the mmj vapors get stronger (talking stronger thc) as the temp goes up? I use settings 3-5 and seems like on setting 5 i get less hits but way more medicated then I do on on setting 4 with the same.amount of hits. Just curious
thanks in advance.

Yes , it does .
Wait til you try level 6 and 7 ,
You got the right Highdea .

five0five

Coolio..... thx for all the info my fellow vporists. looks like I am going to try setting 6. I have never been past 5 on my solo aka "the Jedi". but i will right now..lol..Thx again.

five0five,

olivianewtonjohn

Maybe im weird haha but it seems many people stop around 5-6? I always start at 2-3 and just keep going up levels taking me higher and higher. When I reach 7 I keep going and towards the end inhale very slow to get all the goods out of my flowers.

My sunday night tradition, solo in hand; breaking bad, dexter, newsroom, and true blood (now ended). Normally I only make it through 2 of these before my solo puts me to sleep and I have to continue later in the week.

Saturday morning tradition, solo+coffee in hand, bill maher and vice.

I guess im a creature of habit.

Watched the new star trek with the fam recently in 3D (again with solo in hand). I must say the solo+3D=made for each other

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I wonder how long before IMax theaters in Washington or Colorado open the first 'vaping section'? It's not smoking.....and legal.....and it'd pack 'em in I bet.......

OF
We are the forerunners of the new revolution. Our building knowledge and experience will help to break down the antiquated barriers to progress, slowly but most assuredly.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
True enough, but I worry that we'll end up wrecking good stuff too. Want some example from today's society?

Not everything 'old fashioned' is bad IMO.

OF
In many respects, I remain horse n buggy, through and through and down to the bone. But the farther we advance beyond combustion the better I like it. History provides that planning errors and failed execution lead the way to creativity and innovation. Stuff will get wrecked along the way; pioneering artifacts that along with everything else pave the way to a better future. We here have a say and a stake in that. We matter.

olivianewtonjohn

I wonder how long before IMax theaters in Washington or Colorado open the first 'vaping section'? It's not smoking.....and legal.....and it'd pack 'em in I bet.......

OF
That is a great idea HOLLY SHIT. I usually go sooner and vape (cup method) while waiting to buy my tickets lol

And when I have a golden stem+driver (im a fucking lightweight) then the real fun begins

Could also have it for planetariums

and for fractal shows

lstarcrowd111.jpg

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
just curious.... can anyone tell me the difference between Pipes AIO PA/charger and Tims's??? are they both AIO or is that only Pipes?? i was looking at Tims new website and got the impression his is either for the home or for the car and not both.

perhaps someone in here can clear up my confusion please

Lizard King

Loving my new VAPIR NO.2 domed screen in my stock stem (thanks poonman). I've found half a load to be just perfect for when I vape alone. Cleaning is a breeze. The screen stays in as I empty the spent load out. Then I remove it with a pair of tweezers and give it a quick puff, then stuff it back in with the tweezers.

o8qm.jpg

Last edited:

OF

just curious.... can anyone tell me the difference between Pipes AIO PA/charger and Tims's??? are they both AIO or is that only Pipes?? i was looking at Tims new website and got the impression his is either for the home or for the car and not both.

perhaps someone in here can clear up my confusion please

Sure, I can probably do that, but first someone will have to tell me what AIO is.....

The basic piece, the regulator, is the same electrically in both cases. It reduces the 12 VDC that would ordinarily charge the Solo down to the working range for PA mode. Start with 12 Volts from somewhere (the included power supply for home, or car cord for auto/RV/boat use) and plug that into the Solo and you're charging. You need to use the adapter Pipes supplies for that, or Tim supplies a cable like the one on the Solo charger that serves the same function (changes the connector size to fit). If you stick the Pipes PA between those two (supply and adapter), you get PA instead of charging since the voltage got changed in the PA.

The differences (aside from physical construction of the PA circuit) are mostly in what's included. Tim provides a power splitter which you can add to the system to give you two cords, one which charges, one for PA. This means you can charge one Solo while running your other one (a feature some might like). It also means once installed no real changes are needed to switch modes, just pick the cable that provides that function. He also includes a set of extender cables so you can put stuff on the floor under the desk and stuff like that. Same for the car cord version. A more flexible and for some useful system. That's his 'full system' at the bottom. DTS also packages that in subsets for those looking for less (and less money). He tried to make, for instance, a car charger (only) version so guys who don't want to PA ever but want to charge in the car (or have a backup in case their factory charger dies....) have a place to go. Likewise, the guy with a blown factory charger. These of course could be upgraded later with a PA regulator, splitter, more cables, whatever.

Cera fans will no doubt recognize this conundrum?

Different packaging on the basic regulator block as well as packaging the system differently (with more options laid out). And Pipes is on one side of the border (the cheaper for Canadians) and Tim has the shipping cost advantage here 'stateside' I think?

Both offerings deliver the service cheaper than the Arizer versions (I think?) and both offer PA mode in the auto/RV/boat configuration, one of the four basic modes Arizer doesn't cover.

Lots of choices in the market, love it! Still don't know what AIO is?

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
both offer PA mode in the auto/RV/boat configuration, one of the four basic modes Arizer doesn't cover.
Lots of choices in the market, love it! Still don't know what AIO is?
OF
Today TIM'S PA on the boat!
Loving my new VAPIR NO.2 domed screen in my stock stem (thanks poonman). Cleaning is a breeze.
Cleanning is so important concerning Stems and GonG's!
Water Pipes are next.

Labor Day Soaking!

as

Just ordered a PA just the stock one as I'm in UK and only need the PA. No more going to hit the vape for it to be out or battery was debating on the PA or a stem of ed but don't take my solo out tbh so I'll get a wood stem later

OF

AIO=All In One. Interesting, thanks guys. I'd missed that......

So how do you classify Tim's version? It does even more, right? Not a lot, but still has extra features and functions.....EMIO? More than all?

Still probably a useful descriptive term, thanks again.

So, to get back to the OP original question, yes I guess they're both AIO??? Maybe one a little more 'aller' than the other......

Either, I think will serve you well. And you have more choices to confuse or gratify, depending.

OF

Top Bottom