Arizer Solo

Wow so the oil doesn't even cover the abv ok I will try it. I was always told to have the oil cover the abv. If you do it the way you stated you will get virtually no squeezed oil out since some gets lost in the abv and some on the filters. So what did you do to make up the rest of the liquid when you went to make the brownies? Most mixes I believe call for a cup of liquid just like vtac's link. I will have to try again. Maybe I will use the oil I have already which might be just about a cup but I need eggs.
My brownie mixes call for at most a half a cup. Some that I have used only call for a 1/4 of a cup. I also get ghirardelli brownies now and those are a half a cup. Now back to the thread if you want to know more PM me.

VapeNStone,

JDR

SOLO PVHES STEM MOD

PICS HERE
http://imgur.com/a/wDWJT

I love the solo but desire a bigger hit (clouded or cloudless). So, I went ahead and have done did it. I used a carbon tip drill bit I bought at home depot to remove the glass segment containing the holes in the PVHES standard bent stem. This is the first time I've drilled through glass. I expected trouble and sure enough, some trial and error was involved. Without getting into the weeds, I was able to entirely remove the glass and shave down the remaining shards to make them harmless.

I should mention...
WARNING: WEAR PROTECTIVE GLASSES. WHEN YOU DRILL GLASS, BITS OF IT FLY OUT AT YOU.

Since then, I've vaped three stemfull of herb. In the first, I used a standard grind and packed it very lightly. For the second, I grabbed a nug and shoved it down in shaft, packing a bit. The third and last attempt, I recorded in the photos below. I used a slightly more than standard grind and packed it from the screen up to where the glass used to be. Oh, I forgot to mention, I used those NO2 screens with the round divot in the middle. With some futzing, I got it to fit perfectly in the narrowing point of the stem. I packed firmly but not overly so.

Packing seemed to work out better than dropping the herb in less densely. I was able to get some excellent, fat vapor straight through the stock stem at 4 or 5. I went through my water piece at 6 and 7 (to minimize the heat) and ended up getting the most bang for the buck. I was able to go on for quite a while with extremely flavorful hits. By the end, my ABV was entirely dry and dark but clearly not burnt. I couldn't say exactly how it is different in flavor and pull. But there is surely a dose difference, merely from having more in there. Also, I think it might perform efficiency and flavor wise a little more like the standard whip vapes that have hotter temps but more room in front of the heating element.

More experimentation is necessary.

Again....
WARNING: WEAR PROTECTIVE GLASSES. WHEN YOU DRILL GLASS, BITS OF IT FLY OUT AT YOU.

EDIT: Maybe, I should paste the pics in instead of a link. 8 or so pics seems like a lot tho.

Here is a video of me using the stem. You see some cloudy vape in the apparatus and a few wisps being blown out by me. The video or the angle didn't capture the magnitude of my exhale, for what it's worth. Nevertheless, I shall post the video.

JDR

natural farmer

Wow, I never thought our little heater could have the power to heat the load all the way down that stem! Impressed and I need to sacrifice my bent stem too one of these days...

Maybe it's time for Planet Vape to make one of these... ;)

natural farmer,

HSIHP

My solo just came in today! I am surprised by how small it actually is! I do have a question though, is it ok to heat up with the rubber cap on? does it lessen the amount of time that it takes to heat up?

HSIHP,
My solo just came in today! I am surprised by how small it actually is! I do have a question though, is it ok to heat up with the rubber cap on? does it lessen the amount of time that it takes to heat up?
Heats up faster closed. Have never seen a problem with it.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

HSIHP

Very nice, thanks for the answers. Do you know if its alright to leave it plugged in once its charged?

HSIHP,
Very nice, thanks for the answers. Do you know if its alright to leave it plugged in once its charged?
In theory lithium-ion batteries are protected against over charging so it probably is fine. I find
that mine leaks a bit of charge such that if I charge it up every few days even without using it
It does take a few minutes for it go back to fully charged. Or perhaps that is just reporting mechanism.
The pax on the other hand almost immediately shows a full charge even after quite a few days.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

wonderfox

Going to try vaping some ISO hash in the solo tonight. Any temp recommendations? Will be my first time vaping hash :clap:

wonderfox,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Going to try vaping some ISO hash in the solo tonight. Any temp recommendations? Will be my first time vaping hash :clap:

i tried making some ISO hash and EPIC FAIL!! as not to derail this thread as i have done in the past.... if you are willing to PM your instructions i would love to compare my FAIL notes to yours.

Thanks in advance

mmenzie,

Jens

So i've had 2 days to test my solo up till now and i must say i'm in love with it. I'm surprised by the clouds i can get from just a stem full. With hash the size of the coulds gets unreal. Also digging it that i don't have to stir every 5 hits.

The only downsides i see for now are the bowlsize and the restricted airflow. Got better when i used a screen tho. I get what people are talking about now, but depending on how i hit it, it's not too much of a problem.

I'm also having some trouble continuously hitting a bowl until it's finished. I used to turn on my vape and finish a bowl over the course of a half hour or more, now i really have to keep focussed and keep on hitting if i want to finish a bowl in 1 cycle. Hash seems impossible to finish in one cycle (for now), even when starting on 7.

All in all i'm very impressed by the solo.

I have one question tho: i have a M1A3 model, and on my second or 3rd cycle i couldn't shut it off after my bowl was finished. It turned itself off when the 12 mins ended, but i couldn't get it to shut off and it seemed frozen on the idle state. Has this happened to any of you guys before?

Also, vaping hash is very straightforward for me, just pack it between 2 layers of herb and push it in a fine disk so i get as much surface area as possible, then turn it on 6 or 7, stir after a few hits et voila.

Jens,
Reactions: Vitolo

thesoloman

I have a question for my fellow Solo-brotheren, with a green preheated 4 bowl, how long can you inhale for? and how long can you hold it in for that attempt? On my attempt at righting this i managed to only do 30 seconds inhale, and coughed it right out. my record was 1:05 , and i held it in for 15 seconds longer.
What i really wanna hear about is your guys, and girls, inhale time and how long you held the hit i for.

thesoloman,

musicisevil

I have a question for my fellow Solo-brotheren, with a green preheated 4 bowl, how long can you inhale for? and how long can you hold it in for that attempt? On my attempt at righting this i managed to only do 30 seconds inhale, and coughed it right out. my record was 1:05 , and i held it in for 15 seconds longer.
What i really wanna hear about is your guys, and girls, inhale time and how long you held the hit i for.
A lot of people crank it all the way to 7, so I imagine increased heat would make it harder to hold. I for one am not big on coughing so I don't really go balls to the wall holding it in. Also you question seems subjective, because the amount of time one can hold their breath is based on how much air is in their lungs and how long the body can go without fresh oxygen. So if someone is taking baby puffs, I imagine they would be able to hold a rip longer than someone who just maxed out their lung capacity with a rip from a water tool.

musicisevil,
that's a question no one can really answer as everyone and everyones lungs are different. Just do what works best for you.

VapeNStone,
Reactions: smokum

thesoloman

Im not trying to do a flawless study here, just a rough comparisons of times. I realize that everyones lung capacity will be different and their comfortable inhale rate will also be different. I know when i do my "time your hit challenge" to my friends they can usually do 30-45 seconds, afterwards they'll be very medicated.

thesoloman,

Vitolo

Vaporist

About a minute and a half for a hit, and release~

poonman

So i've had 2 days to test my solo up till now and i must say i'm in love with it. I'm surprised by the clouds i can get from just a stem full. With hash the size of the coulds gets unreal. Also digging it that i don't have to stir every 5 hits.

The only downsides i see for now are the bowlsize and the restricted airflow. Got better when i used a screen tho. I get what people are talking about now, but depending on how i hit it, it's not too much of a problem.

I'm also having some trouble continuously hitting a bowl until it's finished. I used to turn on my vape and finish a bowl over the course of a half hour or more, now i really have to keep focussed and keep on hitting if i want to finish a bowl in 1 cycle. Hash seems impossible to finish in one cycle (for now), even when starting on 7.

All in all i'm very impressed by the solo.

I have one question tho: i have a M1A3 model, and on my second or 3rd cycle i couldn't shut it off after my bowl was finished. It turned itself off when the 12 mins ended, but i couldn't get it to shut off and it seemed frozen on the idle state. Has this happened to any of you guys before?

Also, vaping hash is very straightforward for me, just pack it between 2 layers of herb and push it in a fine disk so i get as much surface area as possible, then turn it on 6 or 7, stir after a few hits et voila.

Hey Jens ,
Can I ask How are you trying to shut it off ?
I think by holding down the 2 buttons ( up/down ) is the only way ...like turning it on .

Also ,
I like to heat up my hash and crumble it into herbs for vaping .
and I'm guessing that's what the stirring does for you ...breaks it up .

poonman,

los

just joined the solo club, ive owned a ud and an lb. . . . from what i gather the solo is somewhere in between the 2, would that be a fair assessment?

los,
Reactions: Vitolo
Top Bottom