Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
If you pour it through a filter then all the stuff gets stuck on the filter. Isn't that harder to scrap off after all it is paper? Or are you doing that just to get the big bits out and tossed?

Dreamerr,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You only want the "good stuff" that is soluble in iso. The coffee filter (I just use a metal-screen one) removes the plant matter and particulates that you do not want.

:peace:

Stu,

Dreamerr

Ah thanks stu. I want to find a cone metal one. I don't know if they make them though. I don't like the basket ones cause I can't just stick it in a jar and leave it drip forever.

Dreamerr,

Gobrian

I just remove the screen from my pvhes turbo and scrape with one of those mini flat heads and get a nice ball and vape it once in a while. Is niiiiice

Gobrian,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I bet you meant you sucked air through them while not in the unit. I think it's a little bit of a jump to say that I don't know what I'm talking about. I probably have owned the solo longer than you have. Everyone has their opinions. But you have to be nuts to say that Ed's has better flow. But, once again everyone has their own opinion. And actually my opinion is that Ed's wasn't that much better over stock to tell you the truth. Maybe my solo is just looser or something, but that's my honest opinion at least. If anything PVHES have too much flow lol. Oh and you cannot travel with a pipe that has marijuana resin in it. So IDK what your talking about. If they smell it or inspect it and you don't clean it out enough they WILL NOT let you take it on the plane. To even suggest that for someone is just something that you shouldn't do.

I hate to tell you this but if you searched the thread you would find that this has already been attempted. Yes it can be done, but its not as easy as you are making it out to be.

You are confusing better airflow with better results or you are doing something wrong
If you're saying the wood hardly improve airflow than something must be wrong

They are not going to smell anything, I think you guys are crazy careful, but that's my life to "play" with
This won't be an issue.
I will clean it with absolute ethanol ... i can only use a qtip and rub it for a little while but the metal will be 100% clean + screens.

edit : V'N'P - the drawback of the tight mesh with the wood stem is that it gets dirty very fast and after a while the airflow drops, but when its clean its very well (tested inside the unit btw)

I feel like both vapenstone and mosh are both correct on this issue. I recently sold both my solos M107/M1D in preparation for a new vape but Here are my thoughts:

I think its a little harsh for mosh to say anyone who thinks PVHES provide better airflow doesnt know what they are talking about, because like i already mentioned no two stems are exactly the same so airflow will vary. If I had to guess i would assume that the stem that mosh was using was a tighter one, but i dont know for sure.

you are correct, i was harsh and sorry but its pretty much what you said...its almost the same 5-10% here and there.
I was drunk after a while...probably the reason for my douching stu and vnp

m0sh,
Reactions: mvapes

JDR

A SOLO HASH HOWTO

So, here at the lab, we constantly working on better ways for the public (and the researchers of course) to more effectively vape hash in the solo. Our recent findings draw on previous scholarship in order to isolate the ideal approach for this classic problem.

Our solution:
1) Grind hash into tiny tiny bits.. seriously tiny bits.
2) Roll the bits in ABV
3) Using a GonG stem of some kind facing upward on a water piece, spread (don't pack) the dusty bits completely across the screen, to your liking. Not much is needed really. Your bits should be no where near the heating element.
4) Blast it to 7
5) Place the Solo on the GonG
6) Start pulling lightly until you grab vapor. Take the hit of your choice.
7) Repeat as necessary.

Pretty generic but very satisfying approach. The key is to make it tiny (surface area) and coat it with ABV. It seems to me that the ABV works to keep it from getting runny and too cooked.

JDR

EDIT: I just put some hash, some regular ABV, and some has ABV in my Mr. Coffee grinder. That's how I roll. Nice and powdery. :)

JDR,

Sonics420

im so hyped, got my blackwood stem in from ed

1hazja.jpg

have to wait til i get off work to use it though, good thing i put the arizer on the charger before leaving from lunch :ko:

wow just had 2 quick sessions with the new stem and man... it makes the arizer 2xs better than before. the airflow is great u cant even compare the stock with it.. 30% more airflow may be an understatement honestly hahaha.
i feel like the better air flow = bigger hits and also ur bowl goes by a little quicker since warm air is circulating through the bowl.. so normally i would be able to vape a bowl for 1 /2 sessions with the stock stem, but with eds ill finish my bowl in 1 session..

i dont think the arizer ever got me this gone.. the bigger hits are dope.

also the blackwood matches pretty good with the silver arizer, the bowl piece match very well. ill upload a shot from my galaxy note 2

photobooth

I know that Ed's stems fit in 14mm joints but I remember reading somewhere that they also fit in 18mm joints. Can someone who owns a stem confirm/deny that for me?

photobooth,

dsal1

I want to buy a second solo, have a 107 now. Is there anything wrong with the new md1 or m1a or whatever they are. I heard there were some issues. Thanks in advance

dsal1,

Dreamerr

I think I was the only one with an issue at least I don't think I read any other ones. When I find out exactly what went wrong I will post it. I have a feeling the battery was just bad or the charger messed it up. We will see.

Dreamerr,

poonman

I think I was the only one with an issue at least I don't think I read any other ones. When I find out exactly what went wrong I will post it. I have a feeling the battery was just bad or the charger messed it up. We will see.

No , you are not Dreamerr .
I've read several regarding battery life and/or indicating light mis-reading .
Still a small % tho .
Hope you get your new replacement soon ....so you can enjoy it again .

poonman,

Sonics420

Since i got my wood stem i boiled my glass one in water for 20 min..add hot chocolate.. and man im on a pretty nice high right now.

Then i scrubbed my stem down with iso and its super clean.. cant wait to do this all over..

Dreamerr

Is there a chance of the stem breaking when boiled? Does it come out clean or is the iso still necessary?

No , you are not Dreamerr .
I've read several regarding battery life and/or indicating light mis-reading .
Still a small % tho .
Hope you get your new replacement soon ....so you can enjoy it again .

Mine wouldn't even go on. Did others have that as well?

Dreamerr,
Since i got my wood stem i boiled my glass one in water for 20 min..add hot chocolate.. and man im on a pretty nice high right now.

Then i scrubbed my stem down with iso and its super clean.. cant wait to do this all over..

Did this really work? Can't see how without any fat...

kingofnull,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I know that Ed's stems fit in 14mm joints but I remember reading somewhere that they also fit in 18mm joints. Can someone who owns a stem confirm/deny that for me?

Ed is working on a 14mm-18mm reducer from wood, the reducer is a small glass part that can easily break (I broke one but I'm "special")
Anyway I think a reducer from wood would be amazing

But for now you need this (14mm the wood stem and 18mm cyclo bowl) :

YEqTt.jpg

11nAv.jpg

I only attached the cyclobowl so people would understand...

m0sh,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hot chocolate does have fat, if made with milk.
Not that fat is needed... I eat hashes, oils and reclaim resins and become quite medicated.

Top Bottom