Arizer Solo

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Mine is like that too. Very tight at first but now so loose that I worry taking it outside. Other people have said it's not really an issue and it gives you the bonus of better airflow, but I don't know, it seems REALLY loose. As much as I love the solo I'm not massively happy with the extremely loose chamber and much shorter battery life than expected.
Don't get me wrong, the solo, when you allow for these problems, is a really really great vape. It's what I use most of the time. But for the purposes of portability and convenience, the unsettlingly loose bowl and under an hour battery life is a let down.

Under an hour? huh? what temp speed are you using? 7?
About it being loose...there's nothing do about it- that's what happens to the materiel when it gets hot...its not an issue IMO but I mostly hold it upside down anyway.

m0sh,

wonderfox

I use my solo at 4 and occasionally turn it up to 5. By under an hour, it's more like around 55 minutes. It's possible I get about an hour at times.
And the stems are very loose when the unit isn't even hot, so when it heats up they're super loose :ugh:

wonderfox,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Mine is like that too. Very tight at first but now so loose that I worry taking it outside. Other people have said it's not really an issue and it gives you the bonus of better airflow, but I don't know, it seems REALLY loose. As much as I love the solo I'm not massively happy with the extremely loose chamber and much shorter battery life than expected.
Don't get me wrong, the solo, when you allow for these problems, is a really really great vape. It's what I use most of the time. But for the purposes of portability and convenience, the unsettlingly loose bowl and under an hour battery life is a let down.
I have two SOLO's:

One makes massive vape clouds the other kind of weak plus the battery is weaker.
The one with a M107 serial number is the stronger one that I use most of the time.
I have broke the glass stems all 4 of them.
Bought a wooden one however went back to the stock glass stems due to flavor profile.
I'm waiting for a new improved version to come out to replace the weaker unit.
I use level 4 at the start.
If I go to a second bowl level 3 seems to work alright.
Level 5 destroys the flavor in my case.
I hold mine right side up.

6 two bowl sessions between charges.
2 bowls is more than enough.

ataxian,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I use my solo at 4 and occasionally turn it up to 5. By under an hour, it's more like around 55 minutes. It's possible I get about an hour at times.
And the stems are very loose when the unit isn't even hot, so when it heats up they're super loose :ugh:

Wonderfox, the Solo battery meter is not accurate. What i mean is, when the light is at 1, that does not mean it has 1/7 of the total battery. You are probably at half or more than half the batery.

Use it until you can't heat it anymore, just to see the average duration. but it is not an hour. I have not tried this yet but Dreamerr had this exact complaint a few days ago.

About the stems, i don't have such problem but there is a solution than involves geting an o-ring.

Mine is the M1A3 as well.

vorrange,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
What serial number has the weaker unit got? Mine is an M1A3
Customer Service told me it's not an issue however my dud has a similar number?

I have been using a "PERSEI" for waxes lately other wise I would have replaced the SOLO that is weak already.

ataxian,

wonderfox

Wonderfox, the Solo battery meter is not accurate. What i mean is, when the light is at 1, that does not mean it has 1/7 of the total battery. You are probably at half or more than half the batery.

Use it until you can't heat it anymore, just to see the average duration. but it is not an hour. I have not tried this yet but Dreamerr had this exact complaint a few days ago.

About the stems, i don't have such problem but there is a solution than involves geting an o-ring.

Mine is the M1A3 as well.

Thanks for the advice, vorrange. I'll try this tonight and hopefully I'll get more out of it than expected. One thing I have noticed is that the battery life/meter reading seems to have improved slightly with use. Nothing significant but I wonder if it will become more reliable after a couple months use. I have also noticed the battery meter will say, for example, 2 if I check it after a bowl, then next time I use it it reads 4. If that's the case and the battery isn't so bad, I'm a happy customer. :D

wonderfox,
Reactions: vorrange
vapor lung

Okay I'm sold, I'll try a vapor lung today or tomorrow. I want to read your original post first, but perhaps you can tell me what sort of bottle you used in your photo.

edit: ili if you are sending instructions to Dreamerr, I wouldn't mind a copy myself. Seems pretty straightforward - oven bag taped to a water bottle with the bottom removed, but perhaps I've missed something.

Is this normal for the stem to be so tight I thought I was going to break it now it is so loose I can blow on it and it will come out?

It was for me. In fact, my 18 mm GonG stem initally had to be forced in, while the 14 mm used to slide in and out without touching it. Strangely, the 14 mm GonG fits much snugger now... I can invert the Solo and shake it around with the 14 stem. Very strange.

Thanks for the advice, vorrange. I'll try this tonight and hopefully I'll get more out of it than expected. One thing I have noticed is that the battery life/meter reading seems to have improved slightly with use. Nothing significant but I wonder if it will become more reliable after a couple months use. I have also noticed the battery meter will say, for example, 2 if I check it after a bowl, then next time I use it it reads 4. If that's the case and the battery isn't so bad, I'm a happy customer. :D

I think you'll be surprised how many more sessions you get after the battery hits 'zero'.

kingofnull,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Looks to me like it's just your standard 2L bottled water bottle with the bottom cut off.

CentiZen,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Okay I'm sold, I'll try a vapor lung today or tomorrow. I want to read your original post first, but perhaps you can tell me what sort of bottle you used in your photo.

edit: ili if you are sending instructions to Dreamerr, I wouldn't mind a copy myself. Seems pretty straightforward - oven bag taped to a water bottle with the bottom removed, but perhaps I've missed something.

It was for me. In fact, my 18 mm GonG stem initally had to be forced in, while the 14 mm used to slide in and out without touching it. Strangely, the 14 mm GonG fits much snugger now... I can invert the Solo and shake it around with the 14 stem. Very strange.

I think you'll be surprised how many more sessions you get after the battery hits 'zero'.

I tried the vapor lung - works awesome - I'm also trying to rig something with my incredibowl - I did this before attaching the incredibowl 420 to my No2 and it creates monster hits. I posted pics in the No2 thread for your viewing pleasure - I can find the link to the exact page later after work.

mvapes,
Reactions: ili

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
What serial number has the weaker unit got? Mine is an M1A3

I have the same one as you and the battery life stinks. I think part of it is the fact to charge it you have to lay it down so you are less app to charge it between uses. I deaded it again last night and have not done that with any other vape.

Ok since I just read the rest of the posts...when I started what ended up being my last session and I had to switch vapes, the meter read 2 or bounced between 1 and 2. I found that I wasn't getting the same vape as I had earlier when the battery was higher but not a big deal to me. As the session was ending I was getting nothing and it wouldn't heat up again. So as far as I am concerned it has an hour of life still. At most I get 72 mins 6 sessions but the last one as I just stated is weak.

I will say that it does charge up fast which would help if the darn plug wasn't on the bottom. I don't know why it bothers me but it does. It takes up more room on my nightstand to charge and I have to move things to do that. Then things are out of my reach and I don't like that.

Dreamerr,
Are you sure it was dead? Or did it all the lights just go off? Also what does laying it on its side have anything to do with it? I swear Dreamer you just leaving your house must have a "learning curve" ;)

Dreamerr

Are you sure it was dead? Or did it all the lights just go off? Also what does laying it on its side have anything to do with it? I swear Dreamer you just leaving your house must have a "learning curve" ;)

Oh you don't even want to know about leaving the house. Yes I am very very very fucked up hence why I need to medicate. I answered your questions I think as you were typing. Let me know if missed one.

Dreamerr,
how about someone makes a same herb holder from fine mesh wire as they did for the vapexhale cloud, you could have a couple filled and insert one easily after the other in the glass stem, plus no fine grinds pass the mesh wire to get in the oven or be sucked up

Eindjedegekste,

Dreamerr

Oh and vapeNstone...breathing has a learning curve to me since my injury life has been rough to navigate. So if it is easy for me it is easy for a 3 year old. :uhh:

You two hating on me...
Kief and photobooth like this. :cry:
I have a very different way of looking at things as most people.

Dreamerr,
Dreamerr, the plug location bothers me too. The base of the Solo is so sturdy, it's built to stand upright. Really wish they'd relocated the plug to the back.

kingofnull,

natural farmer

What do you guys prefer on the vapor lung over direct draw? And why use it?

I 'll open a new thread, maybe tomorrow... I 'll post pics, vids and pros, cons vs bubblers, bongs etc

You seem to be right upon further inspection. I thought maybe it was a sports drink because of the orange cap.

nope, it's a wine bottle but a water bottle will do. mine is just stiffer and bigger!!! :lol:

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Haha that's interesting. In Canada we are stuck with bottles that cost as much as the brew inside them or juice box wines. Good thing I don't drink.

Dreamerr, the plug location bothers me too. The base of the Solo is so sturdy, it's built to stand upright. Really wish they'd relocated the plug to the back.

I agree with this sooo much. In fact, that's why I think that tstat should make a stand for the Solo that has a built in support for the plug. But it would have been so much better to have the plug facing backwards. In fact I'd even be able to put up with the extra half centimeter or so of height that would need to be added for that to work.

Top Bottom