Arizer Solo

vapeguy

I just wanted to say this, I have had an Arizer Solo for over a year and while it's great, I find the herb capacity too small for me, it holds less than 0.1g. While it's enough for many, it's not enough for me even with quality stuff (with cheap stuff it's useless to me).

For this reason I'll soon be selling my Arizer Solo and buying the Inhalater which to me has several significant advantages:
-3 times bigger herb capacity
-Much smaller and truly portable, no glass stems to carry with you
-More user friendly (just turning on a Solo involves a "complex" 3 step process that takes a minimum of 6 seconds every time you turn it on, the Inhalater is turned on with the simple turn of a knob, devices that force you to waste your time like this have always aggravated me as I'm a speed freak, each time it turns off I go "oh great, I have to go through that entire startup process all over again")
-Can be used while plugged in and be charged by USB
-Seems to deliver denser clouds than my Solo can

Have a serious look at the Inhalater before deciding on the Solo (especially if you have high tolerance), because I'm definately selling my Solo for an Inhalator.

Edit: I just saw you have an Inhalator, why do you want a Solo? Is there something you don't like about the Inhalater I should know about or are you just looking to grow your collection?

vapeguy,
Reactions: MrNorml

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
As I said in the inhalater thread they are different. I found, albeit one time, that the solo was more efficient in extraction and you get a little more bang for your buck. You also mentioned you have one of the original solos which has the 6 second button thing that isn't the case with the newer ones. I have another reason as well that have nothing to do with usage but smell.

For you I think the inhalater is a great choice but it is not small. I think there is a pic of a bunch of different vapes side by side on one of the threads but I would have no idea how to find it. It was posted last week I think.

Don't get me wrong I love love love my inhalater but yes I am growing my collection for different needs. As I read about all the different vapes they all satisfy different things. I am going to grow by two more vapes in the next two weeks and I can compare them after I use them for a week if you would like.

Bottom line is I think you made a great choice cause as you can see by my signature I am an inhalater-a-holic and I don't suspect that will change but who knows.

Dreamerr,

vapeguy

Others said their new ones have the 6 second process also, maybe it's only one specific model where it's different, anyway my main problem with the Solo is the small capacity.

By smaller size I mean it's certainly a smaller diameter than the Solo, though longer I think, that's still smaller to me (should fit far better in pockets than the fat Solo and glass stem).

I had a question about the Solo stems since I'll soon be selling it, I always leave my unused stem in a jar of iso and alternate them every few weeks and clean the "new" one coming out of the iso, however around the part of the stem that goes into the heating chamber there's a black "stain" that even rubbing after weeks of iso soaking won't get off.

Is there anything that can get the stems looking new again, if not is it ok to sell the Solo with stems with these stains or should I throw them out and buy 2 new ones to sell with it?

Thanks

vapeguy,

poonman

I just wanted to say this, I have had an Arizer Solo for over a year and while it's great, I find the herb capacity too small for me, it holds less than 0.1g. While it's enough for many, it's not enough for me even with quality stuff (with cheap stuff it's useless to me).

For this reason I'll soon be selling my Arizer Solo and buying the Inhalater which to me has several significant advantages:
-3 times bigger herb capacity
-Much smaller and truly portable, no glass stems to carry with you
-More user friendly (just turning on a Solo involves a "complex" 3 step process that takes a minimum of 6 seconds every time you turn it on, the Inhalater is turned on with the simple turn of a knob, devices that force you to waste your time like this have always aggravated me as I'm a speed freak, each time it turns off I go "oh great, I have to go through that entire startup process all over again")
-Can be used while plugged in and be charged by USB
-Seems to deliver denser clouds than my Solo can

Have a serious look at the Inhalater before deciding on the Solo (especially if you have high tolerance), because I'm definately selling my Solo for an Inhalator.

Edit: I just saw you have an Inhalator, why do you want a Solo? Is there something you don't like about the Inhalater I should know about or are you just looking to grow your collection?

Just a thought aab1 ,
I don't think increasing the size of your load will get you " higher " . imo
Using more " Potent " MJ will though .

In the past ,
I would smoke 2 joints of average potency weed , to try to get the same result of smoking
1 potent MJ joint . It didn't work . It just made me cough twice as much , that's all .

But,
If you are using the most potent MJ around , then it sounds like more of an individual preference .
You like Big Cloud Vapors . Maybe the inh or even the Pax would be more to your liking .

And ya , the black/brown stains in the stems seems to be on for good . I can't soak them out
either .

edit ;
Hey Saccs ,
I've never dealt with Easyvape before .
But I do think that is somewhat " Mis-leading " .
I can't advise you on what to do , but I do know ,
there has been " No Chipping issues " with the SS models , nor do I foresee one .

poonman,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Just a thought aab1 ,

In the past ,
I would smoke 2 joints of average potency weed , to try to get the same result of smoking
1 potent MJ joint . It didn't work . It just made me cough twice as much , that's all .

But,
If you are using the most potent MJ around , then it sounds like more of an individual preference .
You like Big Cloud Vapors . Maybe the inh or even the Pax would be more to your liking .

And ya , the black/brown stains in the stems seems to be on for good . I can't soak them out
either .

I agree 100% - although the load size may be small it seems to work for about 97% of the people in this forum. Every now and then someone comes to the forum with a somewhat mutant tolerance and it's blamed on the solo's small capacity. Either myself and everybody here are lightweights - or - its the weed. The other thing I would like to mention, out of all my portables - by far the solo is the easiest to unload and reload (of course unless you don't know how to use a straw), is it possible to maybe put in a second load? Or, am I crazy - if you don't have to reload then great, you've saved some herb. I apologize if I sound a bit perturbed but it's a bit insulting when someone comes in and mentions that one of the most popular vaporizers around just does't do it for them because of the load size! Right, and everyone else in here just started vaping weed and will hopefully someday grow up to have your tolerance. :horse:

mvapes,
Thanks, it is a private sale so I wanted to know the difference. I can get either one and from what I am reading you suggest the 107 more. I appreciate your input. The difference in price is not that great if it was I wouldn't even be asking. I wouldn't do ebay or amazon since it voids the warranty.
Buying from amazon or ebay doesn't void the warranty. All you need is a receipt for a warranty claim, if need be.

VapeNStone,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
alright -I've been blaming a funky flavor on a strain that I'm vaping but I think I have been wrong, I was using my m102 for the last few days and have had no complaints about taste at all - I just broke out the 107 and voila, there goes the ass taste again. Anyone ever experience this going from ceramic to ss?

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
First let me say THANKS for the info... I really appreciate it!!!

hoptimum I took ur advice and went to my local smoke shop and picked up a small bong... I will order the attachment sometime today!

mvapes I bought it off ebay from a company called "EasyVape" the seller states:

Latest M1X (M108) M107 model. We are authorized dealers.

i'll do a little research on them for ya.

66131_10151099365357129_340044485_n.jpg

mvapes,

poonman

alright -I've been blaming a funky flavor on a strain that I'm vaping but I think I have been wrong, I was using my m102 for the last few days and have had no complaints about taste at all - I just broke out the 107 and voila, there goes the ass taste again. Anyone ever experience this going from ceramic to ss?

NOOOOOOO.......
Remind me , what does ass taste like ? ...jk
and
correct me , but you're one of the Solo owners that preferred the Ceramic bowls or had no
issues with them either .

poonman,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
NOOOOOOO.......
Remind me , what does ass taste like ? ...jk
and
correct me , but you're one of the Solo owners that preferred the Ceramic bowls or had no
issues with them either .

Lol - maybe ass is a poor comparison :lol:

Yes, I had no issues with the ceramic core - mine flaked a little bit but as we know that causes no issues. Here are the few diferences:

1. The 107 heats a bit faster.
2. The 107's battery is SLIGHTLY improved - not by much of a margin!
3. Until now I felt there was little to no variation as far as flavor - perhaps I was wrong and prefer the ceramic.
4. Stems fit quite a bit more "snug" in teh stainless steel 107 core.

Keep in mind the differences IMO are minuet - either way, I love both my solo's!

mvapes,

vapeguy

Just a thought aab1 ,

[...]

But,

I also have a Volcano, and there's absolutely no doubt that a larger load in the Volcano gets me much "higher" than even 2 Solo stems in a row can, there's just no comparison whatsoever. BTW I always buy the most potent stuff I can, less potent stuff in the Solo for me isn't much different than breating air.

I agree 100% - although the load size may be small it seems to work for about 97% of the people in this forum. Every now and then someone comes to the forum with a somewhat mutant tolerance and it's blamed on the solo's small capacity. Either myself and everybody here are lightweights - or - its the weed. The other thing I would like to mention, out of all my portables - by far the solo is the easiest to unload and reload (of course unless you don't know how to use a straw), is it possible to maybe put in a second load? Or, am I crazy - if you don't have to reload then great, you've saved some herb. I apologize if I sound a bit perturbed but it's a bit insulting when someone comes in and mentions that one of the most popular vaporizers around just does't do it for them because of the load size! Right, and everyone else in here just started vaping weed and will hopefully someday grow up to have your tolerance.

I'm not blaming my tolerance on the Solo's small capacity, that doesn't really make any sense. I think my tolerance came from when I went back to the Volcano and started vaping like 1g loads twice a day for weeks until I realized my Volcano is sucking all my herb away. So now I'm in the torturous position of having to decide between ridiculously small loads in the Solo that aren't enough for me or ridiculiusly large loads in the Volcano that waste herb like there's no tomorrow.

That's why I bought an LSV that will be delivered tomorrow and put an end to this madness of having to choose between too small or too big a load, the LSV has the benefits of the Solo and Volcano while having neither of their problems.

In any case I don't see why the Inhalater wouldn't be better by being able to hold enough for my tolerance.

And I do in fact have huge tolerance, when vaping with friends all of them will always go "I can't take any more" while I can keep going and going.

Finally, how can it possibly be insulting to you that FOR ME the Solo's capacity is too small, great if it's big enough for 97% of users, it was big enough for me to use it as my only vape for over a year, it might be my silly Volcano with it's huge herb chamber that got my tolerance out of whack. That's why my current situation of having either a ridiculously small or a riducuouslly huge vape is absurd, this nightmare ends tomorrow with the delivery of my LSV.

Thanks

vapeguy,

Dreamerr

@aab1, it sounds like you need a long tolerance break or you will not be happy with anything. I hope you find what you are looking for. Give taking a break a thought.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: mvapes

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
T
@aab1, it sounds like you need a long tolerance break or you will not be happy with anything. I hope you find what you are looking for. Give taking a break a thought.

Dude - a t break may be what you need - I had the same issue after I sold my cano - I took about 2 weeks and was right back in line.

mvapes,

vapeguy

T

Dude - a t break may be what you need - I had the same issue after I sold my cano - I took about 2 weeks and was right back in line.

I was starting to think that and I have managed to force myself to use the Solo only for almost a week which already seems to have helped and the few times I used the 'cano in the last week I load the smallest amount that can vape efficiently in it.

Do you think using smaller loads in my LSV (just a hair more than would fit in the Solo) once I get it tomorrow could help restore my tolerance or do I need to quit 100% and for how long?

Also, logically the LSV should be able to vape a solo sized load much faster than the Solo by making denser vapor and having a less restricted airpath. Taking this into account, is it possible that a Solo sized load would be more satisfying to me through the LSV?

In any case, I still think it would be a good move to sell my Solo and get an Inhalater, the bigger capacity will be useful when there are several people, plus it has several other benefits, I'll still think about it for a few weeks though and wait for my Volcano to be sold.

Thanks

vapeguy,

poonman

Hey aab1 ,
not fair , bringing the cano into the mix .
That's like bringing an uzi to a knife fight ...hehe
When I had my friend's cano for 4 months .
It literally turned me into a " Couch Vaporist " on the weekends .
It would have been thru the week also if I didn't have to go to work !
Yes , maybe a Cano T-break is what you need .
and let us know how you like your new LSV .

Vape on

poonman,

vapeguy

Well I think I only used my 'cano twice in the last week and I've just put it away again to force me to use the Solo tonight until I get the LSV tomorrow.

Even with the 'cano used about twice this week I used half the amount of herb that week than "'cano-only weeks", this LSV is going to save me a fortune, which was my main motivation to switch vapes.

vapeguy,

Saccs

Hello.

I'm new to bongs... I want to use my Solo with my new bong but I wondering do I need to get a
Downstem adapter in order to use the Solo? The Downstem that came with the bong has a bowl attached and I'm quite sure that won't work... Thanks.

Saccs,

Lukevh

Hello everyone, i found a nice bubbler that i am thinking of getting, but the problem is it has a joint made for concentrates ( the opposite of what a standard water pipe joint is), is there a good way to hook up my solo to it (i would only be using it for that.) thanks!

Lukevh,

Dreamerr

Personally I would stop all together. It would make a difference why you vape but in either case if you could clean your body out you are better off.

Dreamerr,

vaplexus

So would you get the 104 if you can get it way cheaper then the 107 or would you stick with the 107 for a bit more?

I have an M104 and M105. my gf uses the M104 every day and I the M105. I checked hers out yesterday and some of the ceramic was flaking off around the top. i dont think its a big deal from a heating point of view. if you think it has health issues, ok then. i don't. we swapped for a week. for sure the M104 can run at a higher temp and is so more versatile. i do like the taste of the M105 as I found going back to the M104 had a strange taste. but my gf wanted her M104 back and I was happy to have the M105 back. so go figure.

If it were me I'd go for the M104 and use the ceramic heater as leverage to get a better price if you don't think you'll be bothered by the ceramic. if that kind of thing is important to you then get the M107.

vaplexus,
Reactions: Dreamerr

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hello.

I'm new to bongs... I want to use my Solo with my new bong but I wondering do I need to get a
Downstem adapter in order to use the Solo? The Downstem that came with the bong has a bowl attached and I'm quite sure that won't work... Thanks.

I don't own a solo, so I'm not really sure. Might be better to ask in the Solo thread.

BigDaddyVapor,
how I pack the Solo, see my profile picture (dont know how else to upload a picture, cant copy it into the message...)

first a screen on top of the 4 holes, then my ultra haze, and another screen to keep it packed. this way the weed will never get into the oven, only hot air from the oven is passing the weedee to take the vapor along to space

Eindjedegekste,

vapeguy

4 holes? Since when does it have 4 holes? Mine has 2, and I got replacement stems months ago that also have 2.

vapeguy,
@aab1, I dont know since when, the model I ordered is M1D and has 4 holes in the glass elbow, probably there is still some older models in stock with the webshops

Eindjedegekste,
Top Bottom