Arizer Solo

steven22

How do you guys rate the Solo in terms of using in extreme public, meaning at concerts and the like? I have an Iolite for portability and love it for vaping in the park or driving down the road, but its limitations become clear when leaving the relatively private portable uses and entering crowded establishments such as concerts. The biggest problem is that my Iolite is good for two uses before I have to refill the butane, and carrying butane for refilling is a big problem. Also, it's not incredibly easy to be discreet with the Iolite as you can't cup it in your hand without it burning the shit out of you.

I have a MFLB that I use right now for discrete group settings, but it just doesn't give me the powerful hits I like from the Iolite and from my CRZ home-based vape. I can get a buzz off my MFLB, but it's not going to stone me by itself.

I'd love some feedback from experienced Solo owners, especially those who also have experience with the Iolite.

I only use the solo when it is private enough to do so. any place outside of my house that is still private, like my car, other people's house... The most public thing I have done with the solo is use it in a parking lot with some friends outside the car.

everything else that is very public I rely on the mflb, makes me feel way more safe

steven22,

Patrick310

Yeah, lucky... now you get to wait for the flaking to happen and can only use 2 hole stems unless you want to cringe every time you force a 4 hole stem inside your ceramic solo. But at least you got the buy one get one free version of the solo :lol:

What you mean buy one get one free version of the arizer solo?? Mine already flaked inside... well is starting too :(

Why am i lucky to get a m103? haha

Patrick310,

Kaptan

What you mean buy one get one free version of the arizer solo?? Mine already flaked inside... well is starting too :(

Why am i lucky to get a m103? haha
Last year around August/September, many owners of the SOLO noticed their ceramic solo bowls flaking and for those people Arizer did not require us to return our old SOLO and just shipped out a new SS bowl version.

Kaptan,

Nkliph

Man this thread is huge - I'm sure many of my questions have been answered here before, I just can't find em. I have my first Solo on the way, and am wondering a few things:

- When you first get it, how long are you supposed to charge it until it's ready? And, is it recommended to run the battery completely dead before recharging?

- I saw on an older website that it was recommended to run it through 3 cycles on level 7 to 'burn out' any plasticy smell. Is this still necessary with the M107 or can I smoke immediately?

- Was wondering, if I end up with a half-finished bowl (man saying that makes me feel old wtf) can it sit in the chamber and be turned on again and work fine, or is it recommended to take it all out and reload it after the unit heats up for the next use?

- Any other tips? THanks

Nkliph,

1800yolk

Man this thread is huge - I'm sure many of my questions have been answered here before, I just can't find em. I have my first Solo on the way, and am wondering a few things:

- When you first get it, how long are you supposed to charge it until it's ready? And, is it recommended to run the battery completely dead before recharging?

- I saw on an older website that it was recommended to run it through 3 cycles on level 7 to 'burn out' any plasticy smell. Is this still necessary with the M107 or can I smoke immediately?

- Was wondering, if I end up with a half-finished bowl (man saying that makes me feel old wtf) can it sit in the chamber and be turned on again and work fine, or is it recommended to take it all out and reload it after the unit heats up for the next use?

- Any other tips? THanks
^ just got mine as well, would love to see these re-answered if anyone feels like typing out potentially repeated information. Not saying they're necessarily answered or not, didn't check like Nkliph did ha

1800yolk,

cycleb

- When you first get it, how long are you supposed to charge it until it's ready? And, is it recommended to run the battery completely dead before recharging? Charge it until the blinking light stops blinking. I wouldn't completely run down. That happened once on one of mine, and it wouldn't take a charge after that. Warranty covered it, but you won't want to wait for the turn-around.

- I saw on an older website that it was recommended to run it through 3 cycles on level 7 to 'burn out' any plasticy smell. Is this still necessary with the M107 or can I smoke immediately? I noticed my new 107 smells a bit, so I'm still cooking it. There wasn't any on my 106 or 105.

It'll continue to cook, so it's not a good idea.

- Any other tips? THanks
The stem's really hard to get in the first time. Be patient and keep trying. I think there's a video a few pages back.
Enjoy! ;-{)

cycleb,

Patrick310

Questions about my m103 model :o

1. I put my herb in, and do i cover the two holes in the stem or should i try to make a clear path to both of those?

2. Why does the taste of my bud disappear after the first hit? This is isn't bum bud either ;)

3. Any tips to get the most outta my vape?

Thank you and stay up! ;)

Patrick310,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I just recorded another video - "the duo" with my agung cyclone, and my möbius matrix...
:tup:
I'll have it up in a day or so.

Edit:
Patrick,
You cover the holes.
You can put a screen in the stem, or use a rougher grind if you get bits of herb coming through.

The flavorful parts of the herb vape at lower temps than THC, so you will generally run out of flavor before you run out of vapor.

As a general rule with vaping, to get the most out of your herb/vape, start at a lower temperature and move up.

Eg. When I shot my video a few pages back, I started my solos at 4 and moved them up to 7 halfway through.
This got me 10 nice hits.
Just starting on 7, I get about 5-6 hits (that's with the 2solos at once)

Frederick McGuire,
But I'm assuming those were waay bigger hits fred? I usually start my vaporbonging at 6 and then end at 7.

VapeNStone,

vape4life

Banned for life
Questions about my m103 model :o

2. Why does the taste of my bud disappear after the first hit? This is isn't bum bud either ;)
! ;)

Keep your temp lower, if you try temps 2-3, you will get nice flavour, but because this vape has such a big conduction component to it, the taste sours REALLY fast.

vape4life,

MrNorml

I am more concerned about quality of hits rather than amount of herbs used. Would you say the DBV still uses less than combustion? I have seen pictures of the bowls but I have never seen one in person. Any idea of an actual amount it takes to fill each bowl and the amount of hits you get per bowl? My friend has a volcano and I am looking for something that can get me to that level.
Extreme Q is very good, does balloons and whips.

MrNorml,

MrNorml

I have a m105, and it does run a little cooler than my m102, but IMO it's definitely not something you need to return the unit for.

I'm pretty sure most people don't even go all the way to 7...
I usually hit about 4 with my 105; occassionally 5 but that's rare. In other words, the 105 gets plenty hot to do the job - I haven't turned it all the way up yet - but if one is going to return something don't use it first to see since using it means owning it in my mind.

MrNorml,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I was curious about the smell with this unit, I currently have a MFLB and the smell is pretty minimal, I can usually open a window while I am vaping and there is little to no smell. Now since the solo appears to give better hits then the MFLB I am also assuming that this vape would leave more odor as well. Hoping someone can commit on this as I remember when my friend had a iolite we could use that in movie theaters no problem as long as the device as hidden.

the smell is minimal but more than the MFLB... i can't smell anything when using my solo but my wife does and i will always follow her nose over mine anyday!!! as for stealthiness i would think the solo is more stealthy than the Iolite and maybe even the MFLB too (i have an iolite and a MFLB so i can compare)....

the iolite makes a "hissing noise" when cycling through re-heating and the solo makes no noise except the beeping when it turns on and off and that beeping can be shut off. the MFLB makes no noise at all

i built a stealth McDonalds cup for my solo with a flap so i can access the buttons (thanks to the pictures of others here in this thread). i suppose you could do the same for the Iolite but the cup wouldn't mask the hissing sound. not sure what you can build to hide the MFLB and then there's the issue of how you would push the battery in

not sure whether the Iolite, MFLB or the solo wins in the "smell" race since i can't go by my nose

so all in all the MFLB could be "considered" the most stealthy but in MY opinion now that i have my stealth cup, the solo wins. what looks more natural... a person sipping from a cup or someone holding something up to their face? even if the unit is so small you can't see what it is it, you still have to hold it up so you can push in the battery.

again this is MY opinion and my opinion only, there are others that i am sure will disagree with me

mmenzie,
Reactions: ili

MrNorml

How do you guys rate the Solo in terms of using in extreme public, meaning at concerts and the like? I have an Iolite for portability and love it for vaping in the park or driving down the road, but its limitations become clear when leaving the relatively private portable uses and entering crowded establishments such as concerts. The biggest problem is that my Iolite is good for two uses before I have to refill the butane, and carrying butane for refilling is a big problem. Also, it's not incredibly easy to be discreet with the Iolite as you can't cup it in your hand without it burning the shit out of you.

I have a MFLB that I use right now for discrete group settings, but it just doesn't give me the powerful hits I like from the Iolite and from my CRZ home-based vape. I can get a buzz off my MFLB, but it's not going to stone me by itself.

I'd love some feedback from experienced Solo owners, especially those who also have experience with the Iolite.

I have all 3. The Iolite is easy to put into a big-gulp cup, hook up straw, and it is very stealthy. Presumably the Solo with new stem made for stealth works the same. Iolite holds more and lasts longer; Solo gives great hits. I'm one of the 'don't like MFLB' crowd, but either Solo or Iolite in a cup should do the trick well.

MrNorml,
I have all 3. The Iolite is easy to put into a big-gulp cup, hook up straw, and it is very stealthy. Presumably the Solo with new stem made for stealth works the same. Iolite holds more and lasts longer; Solo gives great hits. I'm one of the 'don't like MFLB' crowd, but either Solo or Iolite in a cup should do the trick well.

Frickin great idea! Thanks for the feedback.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
First I bought a cooking spatula,rated 500F, and tried to trim it as best as possible, at least I tried...

Second I doomed a SS screen, I don't remember measurements, sorry, and trim it to fit Solo chamber...

Third, insert the domed SS screen in the Solo chamber...

Fourth, place the silicone ring on top of the heating chamber hole, and finally screw the lid back, and tatttttttaaaaannnn :) perfectly browned and vaped porro :) in just one 12min cycle...

Don't forget to use a flat SS screen next to the holes in the stem as well, and for even better results, an extra domed trimmed SS screen on top of the first screen facing the heating chamber. This will create like a inside concave chamber in the Solo heating chamber. I will post a stem photo and a bottle/water/vape video :) soon. Thanks for taking your time to read and look at my mods, they really work IMO. Enjoy them, and thanks, Tintest, these were his mods, mine are cheapo twists, jajajaja

Zangano Cruel,

Phineas T. Freakears

Hi TDND ;)

I had used a Volcano Classic for years, then I wanted to try something for portability and I bought a Iolite. After the Volcano, the Iolite was a big disappointment... For me, the vapor was too hot, the butane did not last long, the taste was going too fast, and mostly large ignition problems that cause I stopped using it. Then, I bought a MFLB, but I have quite not used it because it did not suit my heavy use, even with 8 batteries.
Then I bought the Solo, and I must say I was impressed by the clouds of steam, the taste, and the battery is long enough.

To your question as concerts in public, no problems with the Solo. The stems cool quickly, and especially you can prepare several in advance.
Then, to be discreet, you can hide the Solo as some do:
DSC_1612a.jpg
p2283283.jpg

++
Phinéas

u bwade wunner

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Sticks, the wood only slightly affect the taste and may even accentuate it depending on the density and specie of the wood type. I find the differences very subtle and really enjoyable, even cools the vapor slightly as with all my pieces. Fits nice and tight Ubwade, has an ID of just over 11mm.

Ed's TnT,

u bwade wunner

I own all 3 too Dude next door.

with the wood stems ive been using with my solo these past few days.Its very similar to a log.too similar in fact :cool: .I love my logs too.trust me man,you ll really like this thing.It rocks and you can cap youre stem in between hits.Its better to carry less especially in a public settings like concerts and stuff where things can be so on top.I m very discrete with my vaping.You have to be here.

If you want to vape say at a big venue or busy public space. the solo is great.Other option is cubicle 4 in the mens during the interval/break. not so good if your e seeing Roger Waters and the Wall sequence starts.Hello Solo,:p

Its quiet as .the batteries last all night.you can economise with youre flowers by capping youre stem after you ve hit.Its only downfall is its lights.If youre in a movie theatre etc ,but you can palm it or put some tinted tape over the buttons so you see them but their not as noticeable.

You can cup it, But being honest,it kinda looks like a small can anywayz.maybe someone needs to make a decal kit to make the solo body look more like a soda can.I dont really wanna be fiddling with trap doors in cups kinda draws attention to whats inside.:D.The cans above in Phineas post look pretty convincing.

people have asked and I will ask again.Will replacement body caps and the delrin heat chamber rings ever become available as extras for the solo? I own a black solo .If I wanted to use it in a can i would like a silver cap for stealth.

u bwade wunner,
Reactions: sessnet
Top Bottom