Arizer Solo

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Was your chum overzealous in how long he heated the stems for, or how often he did it? Or both? I figure if I have 2 stems it's worth the gamble. I'm not worried about breakage through dropping them or anything (as I'm obsessively careful about things that can break in this way, being the clutz that I am), so figure if I lose one through torching it'll be a lesson learned (and hopefully a fun one).

Thanks for the reply
I wasn't there when he broke the stems, but knowing him, it was both.

Give it a shot if you're curious, but just be careful to not overheat. Another problem with overheating while doing this is the risk of having your oil "run" down the stem only to find a new home in your bongwater where it's lost forever.

Good luck!

:peace:

Hav
I wasn't there when he broke the stems, but knowing him, it was both.

Give it a shot if you're curious, but just be careful to not overheat. Another problem with overheating while doing this is the risk of having your oil "run" down the stem only to find a new home in your bongwater where it's lost forever.

Good luck!

Funny you should say that, as that's another experiment as I see it: Heating the stems enough for the oil to drip into a container. Don't suppose you've ever tried this by any chance? I'm hoping that someone has actually tried this (I've definitely seen it hypothesized on here) and has been successful. If not I'm happy to try for the team when the time comes :)

TalkShowMan,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have not tried to reclaim this way, but in theory it should work. Although it will put your stems at risk, and I'm not sure if the yield would be worth it tbh.

I'd love to know if you have success with it, though. It's fun to experiment. :science:

Let us know how it goes.

I have not tried to reclaim this way, but in theory it should work. Although it will put your stems at risk, and I'm not sure if the yield would be worth it tbh.

I'd love to know if you have success with it, though. It's fun to experiment. :science:

Let us know how it goes.

That's a big 10-4 Little Buddy :)

TalkShowMan,

woobawoot

Hey guys,
I opened up my solo to dry the top piece. I was really careful not to snap the plastic part that holds the two pieces together. But I ended up accidently pulling one of the solder connected to T2. Does anyone know what T2 does?
Im still not sure how the water went inside the device, does the metal bowl have a tiny hole for the air flow? I was also unsure what the clay like material was.
Please let me know if anyone has an idea.
Everything worked except the heating, so Im guessing its the top part of the solo that got water damaged?

fG2kph.jpg
cdJBsh.jpg
JjYclh.jpg
jsmJhh.jpg
ORkOgh.jpg

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
T2 is parts of the circuitry that powers the element. If you are very careful you may be able to solder that back in to place but it's a potshot.

As for the water damage, air enters the crucible from four small holes in the edges of it. I would bet that is how it got in.

CentiZen,

dorkus_molorkus

I had 2 stems break & shatter from heating the bejeesus out of them. IMO i wouldnt reccomend it.

I now harvest mine with a 7th floor poker ( I get about 80%), then I soak it in ISO & reclaim the rest.
Although, they have to be very dirty to harvest in this way with any effectiveness.

woobawoot

T2 is parts of the circuitry that powers the element. If you are very careful you may be able to solder that back in to place but it's a potshot.

As for the water damage, air enters the crucible from four small holes in the edges of it. I would bet that is how it got in.
Im assuming that , after the water entered the 4 holes, it dripped down and possible got in contact with the chip. Thus, not being able to heat up the component, past 1.

I guess the only option I have left is to hand it over to arizer now.
I heard that the solo was somewhat water safe.. I guess not..

Is the clay part always crusted like that?

Thanks

woobawoot,

vape4life

Banned for life
Who said it was somewhat water safe? I mean I can see a splatter of some drops on it (casing) wouldn't hurt, but you're talk water INSIDE the actual bowl, down the holes, in the electronics, etc.

vape4life,
Reactions: rufrothy

woobawoot

Who said it was somewhat water safe? I mean I can see a splatter of some drops on it (casing) wouldn't hurt, but you're talk water INSIDE the actual bowl, down the holes, in the electronics, etc.

Someone had a similar problem in the last 200 pages but he didnt have the same issue. I guess more bong water got in, about 1ml.

Do you have any suggestions?

woobawoot,

steven22

Kinda bummed out, my new m107 is less than a month old, and I was loving it because of the ridge that keeps the stem nice and tight. Now couple days ago onwards the tension wore off and is getting looser. It definitely cannot support the weight of the solo anymore by the ridge/stem. it can barely support the weight of the stem.

any tips?.. can we replace these things?.. a more permanent fix out there?

----
also
I saw the disk that tintest showed a few pages back, where can I pick one up?.. link?

thank you

steven22,

woobawoot

Kinda bummed out, my new m107 is less than a month old, and I was loving it because of the ridge that keeps the stem nice and tight. Now couple days ago onwards the tension wore off and is getting looser. It definitely cannot support the weight of the solo anymore by the ridge/stem. it can barely support the weight of the stem.

any tips?.. can we replace these things?.. a more permanent fix out there?

----
also
I saw the disk that tintest showed a few pages back, where can I pick one up?.. link?

thank you
Tintest is selling and making the disks himself. The directions to order is on his profile page.:tup:

woobawoot,

hogleg

steven 22

solo027.jpg

solo028.jpg

I must add that I did not clean out my solo before adding the o ring

I also have tried the heating of stems with a torch and with a cotton installed you can gently melt it all back into the cotton filter and vape it on 7

hogleg,
I had 2 stems break & shatter from heating the bejeesus out of them. IMO i wouldnt reccomend it.

I now harvest mine with a 7th floor poker ( I get about 80%), then I soak it in ISO & reclaim the rest.
Although, they have to be very dirty to harvest in this way with any effectiveness.

I didn't really even need to heat my stem up long to get some crazy wacks off it. Just hit it lightly with the flame for a second and enjoy. Gonna have to go look for one of these pokers you speak of. Was wondering if that would be an option. Something to scrape the inside of the stem.

edit:

Is this what you're using dorkus?

http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Ste...=sr_1_10?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1332724899&sr=1-10

E.F.Searles,

steven22

steven 22

I also have tried the heating of stems with a torch and with a cotton installed you can gently melt it all back into the cotton filter and vape it on 7

thanks for the pics, what is it exactly?.. is there a washer installed onto the cap?..if so, how?
or is it just sandwiched between the cap and the bowl? and this will provide the same benefits of the ridge on the ring for keeping the stem tight?

also, Im not sure if the heating of stem with torch comment was meant for me or not.

thank you

steven22,
So I'm trying to find a size of silicone tubing that tightly fits over the stem. I've narrowed it down to 3/8 ID or 1/2 ID. Which one did you guys think will work better?

Donny187,
So, quoting this / replying because I notice a bit of debate on the ol' "torching stems" issue and was hoping that the chief protagonist would weigh in with his current opinion on the matter. I ask because after a few weeks of heroic usage I'm building up a nice layer of wand goodness.

Not a fan yet of the iso reclaim method, dig the milkshake recipe, but I have a strong hankering to buy some glass and a torch (I blame CDS's original video). Am I barking up the wrong tree? By show of hands how many people still torch their stems, and how many folks have had their stems crap out on them? And if CDS has a moment to throw his tuppence worth in it'd be great.

Sorry if it's a redundant question, any reply appreciated.

I recently traded my old Solo for a nice Zob tube, but I torched my stems religiously. It got to the point where I was looking forward to the vape-resin more than the actual bowls. Suffice it to say I'm still a fan and basically do the exact same thing from time-to-time with my Extreme Q elbows.

I recently traded my old Solo for a nice Zob tube, but I torched my stems religiously. It got to the point where I was looking forward to the vape-resin more than the actual bowls. Suffice it to say I'm still a fan and basically do the exact same thing from time-to-time with my Extreme Q elbows.

Thanks for the reply CDS, looks like I'll be torching stems by the end of the week (cautiously, of course :) )

TalkShowMan,
Top Bottom