Arizer Solo

Oh I've followed the Arizer Solo since it's introduction and this is one of the original SS units, an M102. I got it as soon as it came out and it has been my primary vaporizer ever since. I would estimate I run it through anywhere from 3 - 7 times daily, each session being about 15 minutes long. This thing has gone through so much use it is not even funny, and more a testament to the incredible longevity the unit is designed for. I don't remember exactly when I bought it but it but I think I've had it about a year or so and I've used it every single day.
so wait? Yours is a m102 model but a stainless steel bowl and not a ceramic? I have a M103 that's a ceramic I don't believe they would have come out with the SS that early when the earliest I personally have seen it was a m105?

VapeNStone,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Place it in a bowl of rice and don't try to turn it on for about 24-48 (No matter how tempted you get). The rice will pull all the moisture out of the electronics and may save you some money. I have an Iphone that fell in water and stopped working. I left it in rice for 2 days to let it dry out fully and it works just like the day I got it now.

Gonzo,

woobawoot

Place it in a bowl of rice and don't try to turn it on for about 24-48 (No matter how tempted you get). The rice will pull all the moisture out of the electronics and may save you some money. I have an Iphone that fell in water and stopped working. I left it in rice for 2 days to let it dry out fully and it works just like the day I got it now.

Should I dissemble it? The water only got in through the bowl and the bottom is a little bit leaking..

woobawoot,

tintest

Hey boobs - send me the stem, and some of that purple you had - and I'll test it for you.

Seriously, I just got a small torch and want to try your trick on one of the extra stems I have...but if I ruin it - that's like $20+ down the drain...also, I've never mess with glass before so it would be unwise for me to make this my first try at glass.

I bought a disk from tintest, and would like to use that as my solution for the drag problem. I should have it sometime next week, since it got sent to the wrong place by mistake!

Its on the way brother. :tup:

tintest,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Its on the way brother. :tup:
Hey tintest.... loving my disks, by the way. How do you empty your spent loads? Do you have any tips on an easy way to harvest the disk whilst emptying? I almost always end up having it drop on the floor, so at least now I know to let the unit cool a bit before unloading. What's your method?
:peace:

Stu,

tintest

Hey tintest.... loving my disks, by the way. How do you empty your spent loads? Do you have any tips on an easy way to harvest the disk whilst emptying? I almost always end up having it drop on the floor, so at least now I know to let the unit cool a bit before unloading. What's your method?

Because of the increase of airflow, I pack my bowl vary tight. This way when I place the stem in the bowl the Arizer stays right side up. Same way after the session the bowl stay packed and I pull strait up. Then with a small blow through the stem the abv is out. The disk stays in the bowl because of the O ring I placed under the cap. Stand by for pic’s:)

tintest,

tintest

The way I load my stem is inhaling through the stem, vacuuming up the herb and packing it tight like a cigarette.

DSC05487.jpg

DSC05486.jpg

DSC05483.jpg

DSC05481.jpg

DSC05488.jpg

DSC05414-1.jpg

woobawoot

So in the end, I was able to dissemble my bong water damaged m107 which I got 3 days ago :(. (just removed the casing, and battery) and put it in rice.

It seemed to indicate that it had a full charge but I wasn't able to feel any heat when I set it to 2-7. Would it be possible that the battery is water damaged? The battery paper was slightly moistened.

I'll leave it for a day, hopefully it works by then. If it does not, it wouldn't be covered in the warranty right?

woobawoot,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Oh I've followed the Arizer Solo since it's introduction and this is one of the original SS units, an M102. I got it as soon as it came out and it has been my primary vaporizer ever since. I would estimate I run it through anywhere from 3 - 7 times daily, each session being about 15 minutes long. This thing has gone through so much use it is not even funny, and more a testament to the incredible longevity the unit is designed for. I don't remember exactly when I bought it but it but I think I've had it about a year or so and I've used it every single day.

Wow... I use mine maybe once or twice a week... Good do know the Solo lasts so long..

Kuroth1,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
so wait? Yours is a m102 model but a stainless steel bowl and not a ceramic? I have a M103 that's a ceramic I don't believe they would have come out with the SS that early when the earliest I personally have seen it was a m105?

Yes, for a little while they were coexisting the models and they have had SS and Ceramic models out for quite a while. The M103 run was ceramic, my friend has an M103 and his uses a ceramic element so I know what your saying.

I'm going to have to update the vaporpedia entry because it claims all models below M104 use a ceramic element. However, let me assure you that my unit is a M102 and most defiantly has a steel bowl, because the inside of the bowl has started to get worn and I can clearly see metal instead of ceramic.

IMG_20120318_234113.jpg

Solar Solo?
I hate to rain on a parade, but I would hate for anyone to buy one of those thinking it would charge the solo, because it just dosen't output enough. I had to go and buy a replacement charger and the only ones that would work with my solo were the ones that could put out over an amp in power. That guy is nowhere near that.

CentiZen,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Derp, I keep thinking the reply button is the edit button. Move along, nothing to see here.

CentiZen,

natural farmer

I hate to rain on a parade, but I would hate for anyone to buy one of those thinking it would charge the solo, because it just dosen't output enough. I had to go and buy a replacement charger and the only ones that would work with my solo were the ones that could put out over an amp in power. That guy is nowhere near that.

Damn, hadn't noticed! How 'bout that:

http://www.goalzero.com/shop/p/20/Boulder-15-Solar-Panel/6:3/

edit* Just noticed the size! Hehe, could be nice though for a camping trip if you are staying outdoors for long times!

natural farmer,
wow so I took a lighter to my straight stem....................cowabunga dude that shit is nuts. I haven't cleaned it since new(3 months-prob 2-3 ounces passed thru it). I've hit it prob less than 10 times with a lighter. I don't wanna stick my stem in hot cocoa or anything cuz I'm a scared lil girl. What are my other options other than torching this thing like a crack pipe? Did someone mention an iso wash reclaim earlier? Too late for that?

E.F.Searles,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I wouldn't say it is too late, but next time I wouldn't do the crack pipe deal for various reasons. I wash my stems in 99 - 100% ISO every two or so weeks and along with my other vape parts I make great hash out of it. The best thing I've found for cleaning them are triple tall shot glasses if your looking around for a good thing to wash them in. They are like 5 dollars at a novelty store.

CentiZen,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
However, let me assure you that my unit is a M102 and most defiantly has a steel bowl, because the inside of the bowl has started to get worn and I can clearly see metal instead of ceramic.
Centizen, all bowls are SS, but the early models had a ceramic coating over the SS bowl. The bowls were never 100% ceramic, just coated.

Stu,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hm, I didn't know that, I had figured it was a solid ceramic element, although that does explain the chipping issues. Thanks for clearing that up.

However, my unit feels completely different from the ceramic coated unit my friend got mabey a month after I got mine so I'm still certain that mine is SS.

I also find it strange though that his M103 is a good pound or so heavier than my M102, even with his cap off. Any thoughts on why that could be?

CentiZen,

tintest

Wow tintest, your discs really make a difference...my abv never comes out that nice!
Hey thanks:tup: and just for the record I using a 105 at setting # 5. Im using a brass disk I find that it runs a little hotter then the stainless disk. :rockon:

tintest,
Great success! (Borat voice) :lol:

I have a few tubes with alot of honey built up and recently ran dry. Just plugging them into my vertically oriented bubbler and gently heating it with a torch gave me huge, smooth ropes. Because the Solo stems are so restricted there's a very good "choke" on it for getting dense, satisfying hits - slightly debilitating, even.

This isn't potentially just for reclaiming - you could just drop a dab of good oil into the crevice of the bowl section when its oriented vertically, then heat carefully with a torch. Kind of like making a ghetto eclipse out of a Solo stem.

So, quoting this / replying because I notice a bit of debate on the ol' "torching stems" issue and was hoping that the chief protagonist would weigh in with his current opinion on the matter. I ask because after a few weeks of heroic usage I'm building up a nice layer of wand goodness.

Not a fan yet of the iso reclaim method, dig the milkshake recipe, but I have a strong hankering to buy some glass and a torch (I blame CDS's original video). Am I barking up the wrong tree? By show of hands how many people still torch their stems, and how many folks have had their stems crap out on them? And if CDS has a moment to throw his tuppence worth in it'd be great.

Sorry if it's a redundant question, any reply appreciated.

TalkShowMan,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have had success torching stems. However my overzealous friend has cracked 2 stems doing this, so I have decided to not torch mine any longer. It definitely works (amazingly well, really..... you get seemingly cloud after cloud), but you have to decide if the risk of cracking your stem is worth the reward.

:2c:

I have had success torching stems. However my overzealous friend has cracked 2 stems doing this, so I have decided to not torch mine any longer. It definitely works (amazingly well, really..... you get seemingly cloud after cloud), but you have to decide if the risk of cracking your stem is worth the reward.

:2c:
Was your chum overzealous in how long he heated the stems for, or how often he did it? Or both? I figure if I have 2 stems it's worth the gamble. I'm not worried about breakage through dropping them or anything (as I'm obsessively careful about things that can break in this way, being the clutz that I am), so figure if I lose one through torching it'll be a lesson learned (and hopefully a fun one).

Thanks for the reply

TalkShowMan,
Top Bottom