Arizer Solo

Phineas T. Freakears

Despite warnings against possible problems that may meet with the Solo right now, one of my friends ended up buying one, after trying mine's many times. He has just received a black ceramic M104, with 4 holes stems, and he's just happy with it. No strange smell, works fine like my first M102.

Phineas T. Freakears,

darkrom

Great Scott!
AceTK said:
Woah glue no way id not use that unless glue sniffing is your goal. Especially since it only takes 150c before giving off fumes.

I very much second this!

darkrom,

ProudVaporTowerOwner

To me, it came down to one question... How bad do you want control over your life, in 2012? I got mine a day before new year, I was not going to start the year of on the wrong wheel. This is the year I take control of the things in my life, and I'm doing it high, and ill do it solo if I have to lol about canceling your order I'd go with ezvapes dot something, you get a nice diamond grind, herb grinder, with it...cheaper to..but that's just me

ProudVaporTowerOwner,

Lukevh

so any of the ones on ebay, for 189 with a vape case would be stainless steel?

Lukevh,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
^^^^Lukevh

No guarantee what you will get off e-bay at this time because there surely could be old stock piles of the ceramic still out there. Even if you message the e-bay seller you may get a BS inaccurate response.

Puffitup is a reputable dealer you can trust.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

THCMuscle

Go with Puffitup and their airizersolo90 code should get you around 190+ shipping. Randy has the best customer service I have ever witnessed. He offerd to refund me for my solo simply because I didn't like the noise it made, which I quickly got use to! Randy rocks! Not to mention they have the latest and greatest SS.

THCMuscle,

Vaped Ape

@Mcguire

Here is what I have done with my shortie (sippy cup). I did have to put a 1/4 inch band of surgical hose on the end to serve as a mouthpiece as the shortie will get hot with multiple cycles. When on the roll I just use mine preloaded and capped. After exhausting the bowl I just throw it in the bag and grap another preloaded stem. Like yours cut just below the curve.

snubnosestem.jpg

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

Righto then, Tbreak is over. We have had an 'incident', and meds were required to prevent some death being dealt out.

Loving my SS solo so far. Heats up quicker & doesnt seem to drop too much when getting stuck in.
But, havent yet been able to give it a whipping, might be a little while longer.

Some fucking local knob jockey saw fit to kick my dog in the ribs down the beach because he thought SHE MIGHT URINATE ON HIS STUFF!

Despite my instincts, I did not do bloody homicide upon his person. Although I very colourfully described the process to him & in front of 30 other beach goers. Considering he was a local businessman, who was actually with customers at the time, I was just as shocked as angry.

Talk about a major fail in small business 101.
Fuck man, you shoulda seen his face when he thought I was about to kill him & the fact he was on a public beach wasnt gonna save him. PMSL.

But seriously, the police are involved ATM. I think i am Ok, and wont be charged with anything. (I didnt touch the man). He, however wont be charged with animal cruelty, but I believe the police will be having stern words (?? i fail to see how they could be more stern than I) & I have asked for an apology on behalf of my dog.

But had to run off and score an emergency baggie, cuz I was a bit shocked by my crazy man impersonation.

anyhoo, loving the SS solo so far.

dorkus_molorkus,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Hmm after reading this thread right through it would appear that the ceramic bowl heats up better than the stainless steel. When I say better I mean it is hotter on a lower setting although neither units are the exact temp that arizer states. Im really stuck now. I know that vaposhop still have the old ceramic models on their site I could order one now but something tells me that I should still maybe get the stainless version to avoid the chipping issue....

What do you think peeps?

Either way im getting the black one but what do you reckon SS or C?

AceTK,

Vaped Ape

I have both. I use my ceramic most and most of that preference is based on stem fit. They are close enough in performance that if I were you I would buy the SS. I know it does heat up faster but that may be the battery. who knows. Some say that you should bump up a temp level with the SS so I do do that. 5 on the SS and 4 on the ceramic.

Buy a SS from Puffit up.

Da Ape

^Dorkus

I love my 2 dogs more than life itself. I would have snapped...glad you did right. Enjoy your new SS.

Da Ape

If some of you guys want more draw with a tight fitting stem, here is a tip. Take your stem and sand edge lip so a matchbook cover will slide under a tiny bit. The stem sits flat on the floor of the crucible if you have a tight fitting stem and very little air can get to the herb. On a loose stem you can just rock it to improve the flow. I have also taken a grinder disc and cut a V in the lip of my stem.

Below is a sander that I have in my shop to sand the lip edge of my stems. You can do the same thing with a 3M sanding block but it will take a bit longer. When you are done you should be able to slip about a 1/16th of an inch of matchbook cover under the stem when flat on a table.

Wear eye protection so you don't get glass dust in your eyes.

tabletopsander.jpg

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

MrNorml

Vaped Ape said:
^^^^Lukevh

No guarantee what you will get off e-bay at this time because there surely could be old stock piles of the ceramic still out there. Even if you message the e-bay seller you may get a BS inaccurate response.

Puffitup is a reputable dealer you can trust.

Da Ape

From what I can tell, if it says it is stainless steel and/or if the glassware is 4-hole or one is straight, then it is newer and not ceramic. Although frankly from what I can tell there's nothing bad in getting a ceramic, as many have ended up keeping a chipped ceramic and getting a stainless to boot.

MrNorml,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
@ape
I remember seeing a pic of your shortie a while ago in the thread, that was part of what inspired mine :)
Nice idea with sanding back the lip of the stem a bit, the last thing I saw suggested was to cut a little "v" out of the lip. (I think that was your idea too?)

@dorkus
That sucks, A tongue lashing is the least that guy deserved. I certainly don't think I would have handled it any better. I hope your dog came out ok?

@ace
Yeah, the SS is a bit cooler than the Ceramic (I'd agree that the SSonly needs to go 1 notch higher than te ceramic to achieve the same temps).
The ceramic also seems to have better heat retention, which IME leads to slower heat up times with longer battery life (per charge)
Also, the chipping isn't necessarily all that bad.
I had some chipping on my ceramic where the stem goes in, but it hasn't spread for months.
7 on the SS solo still gets my ABV just as dark/darker as I can get out of my LSV.

Frederick McGuire,

dorkus_molorkus

@ da ape & frederick-

Been on the phone to the cocksucker dog abusers wife, she has told me that the fact that my dog is not injured or did not yelp when fuckface kicked her, therefore it did not happen.
also, if it did happen, then i obviously was not in control of my animal at the time.

FFS- she sniffed his stuff for 5 secs then he puts the boot in.

Its a leash free beach & she is a highly trained & intelligent dog.
she is never out of my control, ever. ( jeez, this dog will come & sit for a bath, eventually)

lodging a complaint with the RSPCA for animal cruelty, lodging a complaint with the local chamber of commerce,
and of course the local council regarding his suitability to run his business from a shared area such as this dog beach.

Oh when i go back to said beach & find him conducting his business. Wait till his customers hear my true & factual experiences & the other dog owners at the top of my lungs. I will not engage in slander, just the fact maam.
but as my dear ol grandad used to say ' there is more than one way to fuck a cat', lol I always thougth it was more than one way to skin a cat, but I make sure the result is the same.

dorkus_molorkus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Give 'em hell, Dorkus!

Can you train your dog to piss on his stuff? That would be so ironically zen.

:peace:

Stu,

OF

Sorry about your dog. For sure grown men that abuse animals like that have other issues. In front of his wife? Add her to the list. Perhaps you're better off in other company?

I don't know how the laws work there, but up here I'd be worried about a big bucks business type (sure to have some crooked lawyer on tap) and restraining orders, suits and so on. Even when you're dead right (like now?), he can still easily cause you a pile of grief with almost no effort. How much lawyer money you have? I don't know about you, of course, but I spent mine on fast women and false drugs, a decision that seemed wise at the time but it does limit options now. Worth thinking about some. OTOH, I might think seriously about starting a one man petition against kicking dogs in a public place or something like that. You could collect signatures on the public beach with your cute little dog. If someone asks why you thought that was needed, hey, there's a good example......

You can't rid the world of assholes. I doubt in the end you can even make a serious dent in them. But there is satisfaction in standing up for right, just pick your fights carefully?

Best wishes for the New Year.

OF

OF,

dorkus_molorkus

''OTOH, I might think seriously about starting a one man petition against kicking dogs in a public place or something like that. You could collect signatures on the public beach with your cute little dog. If someone asks why you thought that was needed, hey, there's a good example......''

yep, that!

They were not friends anything OF, they just happened to be where I was at the time, and he was an assle.

Things are a little different here. for example.

I can complain to the police, the RSPCA (dont know the other equivilent, but the mob against animal cruelty)
& I dont need a lawyer, for that.

I have no intention to pursue damages, and as long as I do not engage in slander, I can harrass the beejeesus out of his business, as long as I engage in the facts.

PFFFT, too easy.

dorkus_molorkus,

Kelblow

AceTK said:
Hmm after reading this thread right through it would appear that the ceramic bowl heats up better than the stainless steel. When I say better I mean it is hotter on a lower setting although neither units are the exact temp that arizer states. Im really stuck now. I know that vaposhop still have the old ceramic models on their site I could order one now but something tells me that I should still maybe get the stainless version to avoid the chipping issue....

What do you think peeps?

Either way im getting the black one but what do you reckon SS or C?
Hi Ace,
I got the ceramic from vaposhop and it works fine,though after a while it did start chipping but this has had no effect on the performance.When I noticed it was chipping I went directly to Arizer and THEY sent me a replacement SS bowl model,one of the M105 's free of charge.Make of that what you will but I presume you know about the discount for FC members on vaposhop?.

Kelblow,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Thanks all and yes thanks Kelblow I know about the 10% discount :D. All this info is really helpful so I can't thank you all enough. So you are saying if I order the ceramic off vaposhop now and I get any chipping i go direct to arizer (NOT vaposhop) and il get a new ss and get to keep the old one and not have to pay any money to send it off yes? If so i might click buy right now!!! :)

Edit:

Oh noes I hope I did the right thing I ordered it anyhoo.... i guess id only spunk that amount on an oz that id have nothing to show for.... oooo can't wait.... really hope mine don't chip tho...

AceTK,

OF

dorkus_molorkus said:
Things are a little different here. for example.

I can complain to the police, the RSPCA (dont know the other equivilent, but the mob against animal cruelty)
& I dont need a lawyer, for that.

I have no intention to pursue damages, and as long as I do not engage in slander, I can harrass the beejeesus out of his business, as long as I engage in the facts.

I'm sorry, I'm not expressing myself well enough. Must be this awkward language we pinched from the POMEs (Brits to most of us), must make a better choice next time....

I'm concerned about he ass making legal troubles for you. Sure you can tell the cops without a lawyer, but get in his face even a little and he can overreact with 'the 500 pound gorillas'. If he files on you then you'll have little choice but to hire a lawyer. Even if you're dead right, you could end up wrung out and broke in short order if his pockets are deep. Guys like that have lawyers on tap here and I assume there? Nor, I think, do you want him to sick a Private Detective on you in a fishing expedition? Just thinking out loud in a 'Devil's Advocate' mode.

Right now, you and the dog are whole and enjoying the walks on the beach for the most part. Best regards,

OF

OF,

Kelblow

AceTK said:
Thanks all and yes thanks Kelblow I know about the 10% discount :D. All this info is really helpful so I can't thank you all enough. So you are saying if I order the ceramic off vaposhop now and I get any chipping i go direct to arizer (NOT vaposhop) and il get a new ss and get to keep the old one and not have to pay any money to send it off yes? If so i might click buy right now!!! :)

Edit:

Oh noes I hope I did the right thing I ordered it anyhoo.... i guess id only spunk that amount on an oz that id have nothing to show for.... oooo can't wait.... really hope mine don't chip tho...
That's the IDEA mate but I'm not promising it will work like that fpr you,but it certainly could.I really don't think you'll regret ordreing.It's a very good vape.
Also my experiences wiith both vaposhop and Arizer have been excellent.

Kelblow,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Ok I've since been in contact with vaposhop and they indeed stock the M105 Stainless Steel. I'm pleased that il be recieving my new stainless steel chip proof bowl vape. Only downside is they are counting stock till the 9th and are unable to post my order till then. But apparently they said they might give me some freebees so I said please don't give me a lighter like last time as I dont need one or combust in any way. If anything give me another bendy tube and a pack of screens. They agreed which is super cool. So yeah now all I gotta do is try to stop myself going insane thinking about it until it arrives some time after the 9th. I have to say I'm very happy with vaposhop. :)

edit:

Can anyone tell me the difference between the M105 M106 and M107 SS versions?

I'm still not sure if my M105 has the one straight and one bent tube or the two bent tubes?

Thanks

AceTK,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
There is a M107 now, or did you just make that up yourself?

As far as we know on here the 105 and 106 are identical, but Arizer has made changes before they forgot to mention..

Also, I wanna advise people against assuming they can get a free SS unit if they buy a ceramic one that starts chipping from now on. It does depend on where you buy them, but if you buy one from an authorized retailer Arizer is most likely to tell you to go to them to exchange your chipping unit for a SS one. They couldn't do this before because a lot of the retailers didn't have the SS units in stock yet, but since more and more retailers are stocking them now this will be the new policy.

I think it's save to assume you'll get a 4 hole bend and straight stem with your M105 Ace, mine did anyway. I think people even reported getting those with their M104's already.

OhTheAgony,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Sweet thanks OhTheAgony. Yeah really looking forward to getting this. Not sure where I got M107 from but it's not really important. It would seem the M105 has everything i want. Is there any way to disable the beep sound at the session start so I can be more stealth at night?

Edit:

You still get that little potpourri dish as well as the straight and bent tube on the m105 yes?

Thanks

AceTK,
Top Bottom