Arizer Solo

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've used mine without the protecting top cap on for a few weeks due to a to thick a stem to fit otherwise AceTK, the outer part surrounding the heater never gets to hot to comfortably touch. I suppose that doesn't say anything about the temps directly where the cover and the heater touch, but I don't see how you could measure those with a simple infrared thermometer.

edit, if you mean a black unit with a SS bowl, then yes there is. Not sure if Vaposhop has SS units yet though, they promised to post it in their thread here on FC when they get them in stock & I don't believe they have yet.

OhTheAgony,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Thanks OhTheAgony! Yeah I may hold off until they get them in stock then. Interestingly though I have ordered an infrared thermometer that has -60c to 380c range so when that arrives I'm going to take lots of readings from my MFLB and VP100. Have to say I like the MFLB but it does tend to toast the herb too much from time to time which I put up with while out and about as its so small but really I need something that is calibrated for every hit. I think mainly though the solo is going to be useful for general house usage. I often find myself experiencing what can only be described as "whip claw hand" lol so gripping something like the solo would be much better. I'm also wondering how hot the solo gets from the outside? See recently I've actually managed to give myself some pretty nasty accidental burns when my VP100 vape unit fell on me by surprise and another time when I reached over with the opposite arm while holding the hot whip in other and had short sleeves and well I have a burnt red semi circle moon like burn on the really nice inner soft skin part of my arm near my inner elbow. :( lool

AceTK,

ProudVaporTowerOwner

Ya for real, you can make some nice tincture between the ABV and the Thc oil off the stems....wooohoo it's gonna to be a great year...I'm really getting off on the stealthyness of it, I'm in a wheelchair.. And, medicating has never been easier. If someone is coming, you can quickly slip it in a drawer and leave that area, and have no worries about having to go back to it. Its not going to melt or burn anything, you can take this thing to the bathroom or whatever you do in your normal daily routine and not feel the least bit restricted, maybe a little.. But nothing like what you normally have to go through.

ProudVaporTowerOwner,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I just stick 'm in my Ehle and (gently) torch them, yummie :brow:

edit: Oh, I almost forgot AceTK, I think my ceramic Solo doesn't get hotter then 40 to 45 degrees on the outside at it's highest setting.

OhTheAgony,

Lukevh

Hello, i was recently to converted from a bong lover to the world of vaping(not that i don't still love bongs). I have a magic flight launch box that works really well, but i have been using my friends DB and it is a whole different ball park. i would like something that i can use in the car, and other places where a plug isn't always accessible. I almost pulled the plug and got the Solo, but i am concerned about the ceramic. How do i know if the one that i order is ceramic or stainless? would you suggest this vaporizer over the wispr? or should i get a log vape and use my launch box when on the go? i fell in love with the solo when i first saw it but now i am concerned? could you please help?

Lukevh,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
All new Solos are stainless now. No more ceramic.

My Solo has become my go-to portable. My poor LB dosn't get much use anymore.

:2c:

Stu,

THCMuscle

Stu said:
All new Solos are stainless now. No more ceramic.

My Solo has become my go-to portable. My poor LB dosn't get much use anymore.

:2c:

Word. I have a m104 ceramic and I love it. It is my go to portable. It's hard to use the mflb when huge tast clouds are so effortless with the solo.

THCMuscle,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
^^^^^Lukevh

On how to tell a ceramic from a Stainless Steel version. Just look down into the crucible (heat chamber) and if it is shiney than it is an SS. If it is dark than it is a ceramic. That is assuming that whomever has not pigged out the SS and failed to keep the stainless crucible wiped out with a Q-tip. Numbers on the bottom will fade out with heat in time.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaperlock

I'm sitting here with a brand new M105 replacement with every accessory thinkable and now wondering if I should get rid of it. The smell factor is probably a 2 on a scale from 1 to 10 when putting your nose right to the unit. I've never used it after receiving the replacement because I'm still uncertain if it's unhealthy based on all the back-and-forth banter on here. Come on guys there's even pictures of the unit disassembled. Has anybody looked at the pictures and come up with any conclusive evidence that plastic is being burned to any degree that could cause any harm to the respiratory system?

Vaperlock,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Vaperlock said:
I'm sitting here with a brand new M105 replacement with every accessory thinkable and now wondering if I should get rid of it. The smell factor is probably a 2 on a scale from 1 to 10 when putting your nose right to the unit. I've never used it after receiving the replacement because I'm still uncertain if it's unhealthy based on all the back-and-forth banter on here. Come on guys there's even pictures of the unit disassembled. Has anybody looked at the pictures and come up with any conclusive evidence that plastic is being burned to any degree that could cause any harm to the respiratory system?

No conclusive evidence here, but smells are caused by SOMETHING right? Stainless and glass don't stink like shit, so it makes you wonder what it really is. Definitely neither of those 2 producing those horrid smells. Its also not glass or stainless that were causing my terrible headaches with the solo either. Take it as hearsay if you want, but personally my health is not something I will risk just because this machine gives out good vapor. I am not happy with good dirty vapor, I want good CLEAN vapor. Don't settle at the expense of your health is my motto. :2c:

darkrom,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
If the smell bothers you, don't use it.

If it doesn't, then knock yourself out. :ko:

:peace:

Stu,

Beardharmonica

I just bough a Solo ceramic. I tough it was the best option as vaporizer.ca still offer both. I really don't want to get a stinky vaporizer. Should I cancel my order and get a SS?

Is there beter option for good portable vaping? I have a MFLB but it's not working for me. I medicate alot and its too weak.

Beardharmonica,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
So I was just hit by a bit of a creative feeling, so I decided to construct myself a 14mm ground glass solo stem.

I sanded a broken 14mm male piece (from a broken ash catcher) until it was smooth.
I tried to get it level, but i was left a bit a slope.
I cut the stem as close to the bend as possible, then I sanded it as well.
I ended up with a bit of a slope there too, but they match up pretty well.

Both pieces cut:
img0929he.jpg

Both pieces together, not glued yet:
img0934qu.jpg

Me holding the new stem while the glue cures:
img0937hi.jpg

Finished stem in the solo:
img0943k.jpg

img0945kr.jpg

The glue needs 48 hours to fully cure, so I'll report back in a few days with how it works.
I have high hopes :brow:

Frederick McGuire,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Thanks,
I just had a look at it, and the glue has cured enough that it can support the entire weight of the solo.

The glue is only rated to withstand 150c, so I am going to do a few burn in cycles to see if the glue looks/smells like the heat is affecting it.
I figure if the glue isn't up to the task, I just junk the whole thing, and I loose a stem I never used anyway...

Frederick McGuire,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Woah glue no way id not use that unless glue sniffing is your goal. Especially since it only takes 150c before giving off fumes.

I sometimes wonder if replacing all the plastic parts with wood would make the solo less melty and smelly but still be electrically and thermally insulating.

AceTK,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well, I am definitely going to let the glue dry fully before I do any testing, and if there is any smell/fumes after i give it a clean, I'm just going to junk the whole thing.

I don't have a thermometer for measuring the temperature of the stem at the bend, but I often rest my index finger on the bend while I am using the solo.
I did some googling, and I found that 3rd degree burns can occur after contact with 60C(140F) for 5 seconds, and I'm not getting even 1st degree burns with exposure for minutes.

Its not the best test, but that makes me confident enough that the seal wont be getting to 150C(302F).

Frederick McGuire,

THCMuscle

I use to use CA (super glue) building models all the time, I can personally attest to many headaches from breathing that crap. If you don't get a headache you should be fine! Lol!! Jk but srs

Looks like a portable cloud! I would have used a high temp silicone sleeve to join the two but that's just me.

THCMuscle,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Haha, that's basically how I want to use it, as a portable cloud.

I was considering the sleeve idea, but the end of the male gg joint only had 1-2mm of glass, and it wasn't enough to hold on to the joint. It was inconsistent whether the male gg joint would stay in the bong, or stay attached to the silicone.

Frederick McGuire,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
They don't sell it over here, but I've heard that the JB weld stuff is food grade. I'd rather use that instead, you don't always see the danger with this stuff until it's to late... I'm all for McGyvering stuff up, but please keep it safe. I think what you're doing is a very bad idea and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Have fun though.

edit: I don't know much about blowing glass, but isn't it possible to just heat those parts up until they melt and then fuse them together?

Oh, I forgot. I don't know why it took me so long, but I started experimenting with different bowls sizes yesterday & I really like how it works with like a 3th full. I still get around 7 nice hits this way because now there is room to stir a bowl between hits (or as I prefer, between changing heat settings). I start at 5 this way, and end @ 7 like I normally do.

OhTheAgony,

ProudVaporTowerOwner

Ya I'd have to say setting 5 works best....I use the ABV to make what I call "Weed juice" I want mine green, this way I'm not going without while your stuff is brewing (so to speak) brewing with time, that's what I call it...I've found this to be the most effective way to control my t level..When my t gets lo I hurt, and when I hurt I'm a ass, over time I've realized I set the tone for my entire house....So, if I'm an ass, everybody's an ass. Im not trying to get off topic here...But yeah...solo..great product? Hmmmm...um..To me the solo = independence, it gives me the freedom to medicate when needed...at this point in my life that's exactly what I need, I'm not overly concerned with an issue that's been addressed...

ProudVaporTowerOwner,
Top Bottom