Arizer Solo

dorkus_molorkus

@boobies- just the old hardcore bongheads I expect. I am not a very sophisticated stoner, I have not much of a sense of taste or smell for that matter-lol
So, the biggest clouds for me please.
& TBH if I could be fucked trying to work out how to make the solo work in a gravity/ bucket bong, I would.
But when temp 7 & some extra preheat is giving me big ol wasteful clouds, bring it i say.

@da ape- on edge is correct & doing it hard. Feeling really crappy/ crabby & not eating.
jeepers, its only THC not fucking heroin FFS. how fucked up am I?

@OTA- hold down the temp down button after you turn it on, and the battery & heat indicators do their thing.(just wait 2-3 secs after turning it on) then the last temp willflash and then start heating.

dorkus_molorkus,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
^^^^Dorkus

Yeah its one thing when bud availability is nil and it is another thing to back off when bud is just around the corner to tempt you everyday. You need a 30 day project to keep you extra busy. Like painting the house or something. Here I am on the other side of the world and I feel your pain..........kinda. Maybe a blunted sense of your pain.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks man, that worked. I don't get why I can't figure this out by myself, every single time :lol:

How many hits do you get out of a Solo bowl your way? Oh, and do you use a flat or domed screen?

Good luck with your T-break btw, how long are you planning to keep this one going?

OhTheAgony,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
^^^OTA

"I don't get why I can't figure this out by myself, every single time"

Maybe it's the herb.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Naah, I even tried it sober but to no avail. It must be me. I just can't find any logic in when to push the button or something, damn these pointy ears..

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

@OTA- its in vaporpedia if you forget again.
I use the domed UBER screens, I have about 50 of them. Just need to trim them up a bit, and kapow!
awesome one hitter. So, in reality I get about 1- 2 decent hits, then its a repack.
In that manner, I can vape 4-5 bowls in a cycle, all of them thick & tasty.

@da ape- damn straight. The only reason for the tbreak is strictly lack of funds driven.
I have a mate who has a small grow just for himself, he sold me half of his 1st crop nice & cheap. (so he could pay his electric etc)
It was about 8oz, well didnt I fucken go to town on it thinking its never going to run out.
Now my mates a good bloke, and hes happy for this arrangement to continue.
But FFS, when I blaze thru the herb faster then my mate can grow it.
8oz in 8weeks, when it was sposed to last me 12! at the rate Ive been blazing, I cant afford to buy any more.

So, here I am. enforced Tbreak, which I am sure will do me good, but who wants to take the chance.

and just to add fuel to the fire, my mates having some issues & thinks it might take 2-3weeks longer.
(he cocked it up somewhere & thinks he cloned the wrong plant, and its a longer finishing strain.)

DOH!

So, the tbreak might only be 21days from today, or another 2-3 weeks on top of that. :o

dorkus_molorkus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
dorkus_molorkus said:
8oz in 8weeks, when it was sposed to last me 12! at the rate Ive been blazing, I cant afford to buy any more.
Damn Dorkus! Did you vaporize an oz a week for 2 months, or were you burning it, too? If that was all vapor, well..... props! :bowdown:

Stu,

dorkus_molorkus

@ stu- yup all 8zips thru the solo, then all the abv into QWISO & BHO. (thats all gone too)
& I am ashamed to admit, all by myself to boot. :D

it was a yummy sativa that was this great uplifting high, unfortuneatly it led to much uplifting of the solo as well. lol

I must add that I work from home (if thats what you want to call it) & have 1-1.5grams for breakfast with my coffee, and then that sets the tone for the rest of the day till bedtime.

mind you tho, if it was a hardcore indica & I would vape less. but i guess I would sleep 14hrs+ per day-lol
nice sativas keep me rocking all day & I manage to get stuff done. ( I have to work on it tho)

dorkus_molorkus,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Dorkus, you are officially my hero. 8 oz in 8 weeks wow! I wish I can afford to do that too, heheh

ilovebOObs,

OF

OhTheAgony said:
OF, thanks, but I think he just forgot the put the word 'here' in there somewhere. And well, to be fair I was kind of blunt. While it's not my intention to insult anyone it just seemed sort of appropriate at the time, at least in my eyes.

You're very welcome. I'm very happy to help, if I can. Sometimes stuff like that is a tough call as we can't see each other, hear inflections of tone and run the constant risk of cultural issues.

FWIW I thought (and still do think) you had an excellent point made with a sort of disagreeable chap. Baking plastic randomly then sticking it in your mouth is not really to be recommended. IMO that stuff is ice way too thin to be on. Someone could easily wreck their unit, after first having trashed the warranty by following lame advice to take it apart. IMO you'd owe them a new unit. Far worse still someone could get harmed. The poster is safe enough of course, hiding behind a fake name and all but given a big enough motivation I should think some big bucks Lawyer could lay some of that expensive long paperwork on him?

So you're welcome, I think you've got the white hat. I notice the thread is rushing on, the maker seems to be getting a handle on this interesting product that has such loyal fans despite the troubles......

OF

OF,

Soulhunter

So u would rather not know that the plastic that is holding the heating element and make out the airpath cant handle the temperatures the heating ellement produce? Well ignorance is bliss!

And yes i recomend everybody to open their unit take out those four screews and look how the heater is held in plase. Its nasty!
And i woyld be honured to fight a company like Arizer who obviously does not care for the health and safety of its customers. Bring it!

Seriously guys dont love somethng that is not a good product. Dont let the sleek design fool you. This vape is a finger to the face for all health co searned vaporists out there.
I admit i got fooled by the nice looks of this thing, and when i heard ss heater and glass vaporpath i thought this is my helthiest choise. Well not so much! This got to be the least healthy option!

FC is a place where vapor users can find the helthiest units. So seek the truth!
I know some of u spent your last hard earned cash on some of theese things. But brake down your ego and look beyond the satisfaction u get in matrealistick things. Spread the truth! Make the world a more honest and better place!

Edit: The Arizer Solo user manual clearly states NOT FOR MEDICAL USE. So even they admit it is not good enough to be used to deliver medicine. But if u r a rekreational stoner go ahead nobody cares about u anyway!

I leave this thread now with a last warning to NOT USE ARIZER SOLO!

Peace out se ya in a other tread :p

Soulhunter,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I feel like a 'amen' is in order :lol:

Our health is just as important to me, that's why I go to so much trouble to keep in touch with the Arizer guys to get as much facts as I can. If you'd read this thread you'd know that.

Anyways, I hope you have better luck with your vapor blunt. Although in all honesty I don't get why you bought that piece of plastic, if quality and health are so important to you there are many more proved and rational choices out there.

Dorkus, that's insane, but I totally get it. Back when I was growing myself I use to blaze through my stash like that as well. Oh, the good times... :D Now I buy me weed at cofeeshops @ 7 or 8 euro's a gram & I simply can't afford that. I try to be happy with 0,5 gram a day, but I have gone over that a bit almost every day lately. Perhaps I need a T break too, but I'm trying to postpone that till February when I'm travelling abroad again.

But, with the life I live now I probably wouldn't function at all with that kind of use :lol:
I don't think I have the patience to put all that through a Solo though. I usually get about 12 to 20 hits from a Solo bowl, depending on the quality of bud and size of hits I take, and it usually takes me one and a half to two 12 minute sessions to empty one.

OhTheAgony,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

Egzoset said:
Any feedback on the late M106 series?
PuffItUp said:
Just talked to Arizer about the M106, the number refers to the production run, not the version so 105 and 106 are the same.

I must be the last member here who's still wondering about how the airpath(s) is(are) supposed to work exactly in an Arizer Solo. It would be nice to see photographs actually illustrating such an essential structure, so... Just in case i may have missed a page with the relevant details or something, do we have, at least, 1 explicit picture for each series? For example, 1 picture of the oven in the M105 series vs the M106, euh... Well, versus the M106 "production run"?... Whatever... Showing the airpath openings would be a start, IMHO.

:peace:

Egzoset,

Soulhunter

Hehe, like someone so friendly pointed out to le earlier a pice of plstic is not a piece of plastic.
So the blunt might be ok afterall. Butt time will tell. Expect my honest opinion as soon as it arives here ;)
And one thing i have learned with buying this solo vape is to not let looks fool you ;)

Soulhunter,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I have asked Steve for Arizer for clarification on that and he has responded to the other questions like the smell (says they quadruple check the M105's, (check's are not working)) etc and is offering replacements but so far despite asking 3 times he hasn't touched it. Lets see if he replies to the 3rd message I just sent saying please explain the airpath in the device.

ru_frothi,

Soulhunter

I have just eksplained the airpath to you over several posts. The heating element is held in plase by a plastic bowl, u suck air down the outside of the ss bowl and between the plastick.
So u got a hot plastick airpath before it enters the four holes in the bottom of the heater.
I would provide pictures but my unit went in the garbage yesterday.

Soulhunter,

Kaptan

Soulhunter said:
I have just eksplained the airpath to you over several posts. The heating element is held in plase by a plastic bowl, u suck air down the outside of the ss bowl and between the plastick.
So u got a hot plastick airpath before it enters the four holes in the bottom of the heater.

So you spent about $200 on a vape and just threw it in the garbage when you could have sold it to recoup your loss? I will consider your posts on the solo without merit as your logic doesn't add up at all.

Kaptan,

Egzoset

Banned
Euh... I think i see!

Of course, i'd much prefer to see for real though...

But time will tell, hey?

Anyway, thanks everyone for keeping me up to date on this vital matter.

:peace:

Egzoset,

Kelblow

Kaptan said:
Soulhunter said:

So you spent about $200 on a vape and just threw it in the garbage when you could have sold it to recoup your loss? I will consider your posts on the solo without merit as your logic doesn't add up at all.
I'm with you on this one Kaptan.Something just doesn't add up in what he's saying.Maybe he works for another vape comp' lol.I'm still very happy with my solo or solo's as I now have 2.

Kelblow,

Soulhunter

Kelblow said:
Kaptan said:
Soulhunter said:

I'm with you on this one Kaptan.Something just doesn't add up in what he's saying.Maybe he works for another vape comp' lol.I'm still very happy with my solo or solo's as I now have 2.

Yes, i threew 200$ in the garbage. Belive it or not. I broke my waranty so i could not send it back. I melted the heater cover. So it was no longer in mint condition. Besides i would never give this piece of crap to anyone and asking money for it. Better nobody vapes from it.

Belive me or not i realy dont care, i yave done my best to warn u about the HOT PLASTICK AIRPATH this unit has. If that dont bother u then happy vaping.

Me, iwil continue my search for a batterypowered portable ;)

Soulhunter,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Soulhunter said:

gotcha that is what it seems like. I will take mine apart later and look. I want to hear arizers take on this.

ru_frothi,

Soulhunter

rufrothy said:
Soulhunter said:

gotcha that is what it seems like. I will take mine apart later and look. I want to hear arizers take on this.

Ok, but do not pull the ss bowl out of the plastic holder as this wil make the temperature sensor fall off. ;)

Soulhunter,

improv

Greetings to FC members! Wonderful, informative site offering a wealth of vaporizer info, some new to me, some re-enforcing what I already know and quite interesting for the most part. Been lurking for a while but thought I'd share some observations as a Solo owner.
Briefly, I've been partaking for 45 years(!...yup, I'm 63 years young) and vaporizing since 2005. And I'm very thankful because were it not for vaporizing, poor respiratory health from years of combusting would have either caused me to quit or ??? All good now as vaping has rendered any respiratory issues I had moot. And as a distance runner, I'm particularly sensitive to such issues. BTW, prior vapes included: 2 Volcanos; daBuddha; SSV; PD; MFLB; Vapor Genie all now retired/donated. Current line-up: Extreme Q and Solo.
So, I received a Solo(M104) and immediately noticed the nasty smell. My unit also had a malfunctioning heating element. Emailed Arizer and received a very speedy reply with instructions to ship it back express which I did. Once they received my unit(and presumably verified my issues), they 2-day expressed a new one(M106) to me. The new Solo functions perfectly, as I hoped. No smell, heating element seems quite accurate, good battery life and easy clean-up. And....vapes like a dream! So much so that my Q has been dormant. Phenomenal clouds using about 1/2 the herb I was using resulting in a more powerful experience.
Some observations: I warm up the Solo on 5 and then back off to 4(sometimes 3) to vape. No problem forming dense vapor even when I run through water. I find 5 too harsh and 6 or 7 WAY too harsh and irritating. Also, when vaping at my usual 374F(190C) or lower, the effects are creative, energetic and cerebral, which for me, is ideal. Above, say, 383F(195C), I find the effects to be soporific and couch-lock which again, for me, is undesirable.
The 2-hole stem Arizer provides? Terrible! Poor draw. So, I ordered a 4-hole stem but while waiting for it I decided to try something. Modeled after the Q elbow which is entirely open, I took a tiny drill bit and carefully removed all the restrictive glass just like the Q elbow. Pop in a screen and...far better, nearly unrestricted draw. I have sent along this info to the Arizer team which they hopefully will soon incorporate and also mentioned that a screen redesign along the lines of the elbow "basket screen" that would fit into the Solo would be very desirable.
This unit is awesome! It's become my daily driver which surprised me as I was looking primarily for that elusive "great" portable vape. This is the perfect portable vape for me but functions so well, so efficiently and easily that it has become my all around fav.
As for Arizer, my experience with them has been perfect. We had excellent communication, they are completely professional, open to suggestions, very satisfactory resolution of my issues and extremely fast to respond and send my new unit. And, IMHO, they have designed excellent products that function flawlessly and seem quite durable(I've had my Q for over a year now, constant use, zero issues).
So again, nice to be here, kudos to FC, mods and members and.....
Happy New Year to all!

improv,

Mescalito

Hi, I'm new as well and it was a search for a new vape that led me to FC. I had been reading so much good about the Solo, that I nearly bought one without reading the full thread. It seems like a great vape except for the plastic issue and strange smell. The reason I want to vape again is for improved health so I don't think I would take the chance of buying one and risking health problems until the issues are resolved. I really don't have much faith in plastics being safely used around a heating unit.

Mescalito,

damienm420

I believe this is what everyone wants to see involving the plastic. Thank vaplexus for these pics, all I did was find the post.
vaplexus said:
I disassembled the Solo. Here are the results. Findings:

1. The unit runs on two 18650 LiPo cells configured as 2S terminating in an JST-RCY connector. The cells are typical OEM cells shrink wrapped in blue and matrix printed with among other things 7.2V 2200mAH.

2. There is a modificaiton that can be made that will increase air flow resulting in potentially better fluffier hits with the caveat that its more possible to get AVB in the air path.

Now for the sexy pictures:

Arizer Solo take-apart

Note: No person dead or alive will take responsibility for anything you do to your own Arizer Solo. If you fuck something up taking it apart look in the mirror for blame. In other words I will not take any responsibility for anything to do with you and your Solo. There is a chance you will break something. I do not encourage you to do anything with your Solo. You've been warned.

Remove the 4 small screws on the bottom of the solo. The unit slides apart:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0024.jpeg

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0023.jpeg

With the chassis out of the case, you can see its in 2 pieces clipped together with a plastic tongue. Bending the tongue under will enable the pieces to come apart:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0022.jpeg

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0021.jpeg

When they come apart you can see the battery pack (blue):

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0020.jpeg

The battery sits loose in the case. The connector is wrapped in black:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0019.jpeg

The battery pack is two standard 18650's in 2S with total capacity of 2200mHA according to the print on the pack. This means simple 18650's can be used to replace the pack and even increasing capacity. Here is the pack and 2 standard 18650 cells:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0018.jpeg

The battery uses a JST-RCY connector. This is great because it makes exchanging the battery a lot easier. Soldering will be required however to put the replacement pack together unless you have a source for pre-made packs. The connectors are real JST connecotrs and not cheap knock-offs. This echos the high quality of the rest of the Solo:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0017.jpeg

Here a couple shots of the main board. DIfferent lighting for different views. Observations: I can see components that make up a switching power supply, the likely culprit of the high frequecy pitch some people here. I do not think there is anything that can be done about it. Most of the chips have the part number scraped off, a typical tactic to prevent reverse engineering the circuit. Fine. I haven't been able to really reverse engineer the boards. I see 5 of what appear to the be the same chip, 2 multi-pin chips so its likely really digitally controlled. probably custom mictro controllers for this application. the smaller one at the top might be and A/D type chip to convert the temp sensor to digital.

I guess a couple drivers for the battery charging and the heater (black/red wires on the left and right respectively).

Note the 5 pin connector pads at the top left. interesting. a programmer or diagnostic interface?

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0016.jpeg

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0014.jpeg

Digging deeper into the heater head, first remove the 4 screws:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0013.jpeg

Then unclip to the top of the unit from the bottom:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0012.jpeg

The top and bottom separated:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0011.jpeg

The heater assembly matches to the chassis. There is a pair of thickish teflon coated wires and a pair of thin teflon coated wires going from the chassis to the heater. I assume the thick set is power to the heater and the thin is the temperature sensor:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0010.jpeg

Observation: on the inside of the case shell there is evidence of AVB suggesting AVB can get into the chasis:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0009.jpeg

The top of the crucible. Note the thin metal cruicible sits inside the high temp plastic chassis with 4 spacers to to hold it out from the chassis wall. This provides a small free channel for air flow up through the small holes in the crucible.

Further, the crucible appears held in place and there is more space under the bottom of the crucible and the bottom of the chassis suggesting the heater is under the crucible. This would be good instead of say touching one part of the wall of it, because it would provide more even heat flow:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0008.jpeg

The top of the chassis has a smaller inner ring (in the middle). this ring actually buts up against the top of the crucible and plugs the 4 air gaps. no wonder there is constricted airflow. Later I will show a mod you can do to increase airflow:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0007.jpeg

This is the view inside with the upper part on, but without the plastic spacer showing the airflow path:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0006.jpeg

This is normally how the pieces would fit together:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0005.jpeg

So if you put it back together with the spacer out:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0004.jpeg

And then drop the spacer in the top, it will leave some space above the airflow gaps to allow more air to flow:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0003.jpeg

I tried it and it gives a little more airflow. bigger clouds but less stamina to produce them. So you have a choice now, both in batteries and in to mod to increase airflow.

Here is how i pack: small screen in the bottom:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0002.jpeg

and then the salad and another small screen. nice thing is this enables for different packing densities: you can go loose for more airflow and big fluffy clouds, or tight for more regulated flow, smaller clouds, and no AVB in the crucible:

http://www.theplexus.com/Stuff/Arizer Solo/IMG_0001.jpeg

One thing I should point out about the airflow mod: it means you will be more likely to get AVB in the airflow and/or the unit chassis so beware of that.

damienm420,
Top Bottom