Arizer Solo

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
THCMuscle said:
Perhaps I am the minority, but I love the aspect of glass in a portable. I'm not at all worried about breaking it.

Me too, I have only broken one of my 6 stems and it was the one I used with in my 14mm GonG joint without any silicone tubing around it so eventually it cracked. Now I use some tubing worry free :)

These stems are way stronger than I ever expected. I drop mine quite often and they bang around in the case against the solo, etc... still only one break and that's from using it with a bong.

aesthyrian,

treecityrnd

This straight up sucks.

I ordered my Solo on 11/26 from PIU. I received a "shipping notification" on December 2
however there was no tracking until December 8th when the package was actually received by USPS. So it took until today, December 10, for my package to arrive. So needless to say I was getting a little anxious. However, I did understand as I included some pretty specific instruction with my order (see below): Randy, I would like the BLACK m105 unit. In addition, please do NOT send me a free 4 part CNC Grinder. I own several from previous purchases. Save it for a new customer. If anything, I would prefer some screens that fit the 2 Diffusing Tubes or an extra Diffusing Tube if they are available (2 or 4-hole). No worries if not. Thanks for the great deal and service, TC

I opened my large box from Puffitup (the inside box looked strangely familiar) and found my newExtreme Q and free CNC Grinder? I dont know what to say at this point. Yesterday was my birthday and I was so looking forward to a great b-day weekend with my new NON-SMELLY m105 SOLO. I am so upset right now. No SOLO review today. Maybe after this problem is fixed

treecityrnd,

Calvin

Personally I really like the glass stems, I feel it classes up this vape, and have had no trouble keeping them safe. They seem quite strong, Ive dropped them several times with no problems.

Calvin,

max

Out to lunch
treecityrnd said:
This straight up sucks.
Too bad about the wrong vape. Mistakes happen. They likely accidentally switched the shipping info. Somebody else probably got your special order instead of their Extreme.

Calvin said:
Ive dropped them several times with no problems.
It all depends on how far it drops and what kind of surface it hits at the end.

max,

Calvin

Very true, the times I have dropped them have been from standing(Im tall so lets say just over 1m drop) onto hardwood flooring. I cannot attest to anything other than that, except I dropped one into a ceramic sink from about a foot.

Calvin,

vapeon

Calvin said:

Very true, the times I have dropped them have been from standing(Im tall so lets say just over 1m drop) onto hardwood flooring. I cannot attest to anything other than that, except I dropped one into a ceramic sink from about a foot.
did they break ?:/ never mind, now i see no problems.

vapeon,

pain101

shhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, i cant believe you guys have dropped yours and still had them not break.... boo-urns!!!!

the first one to break on me, dropped from a coffee table onto a hardwood floor and friggen shattered. was cold too.
the second one just chipped down in the bowl area somehow still unknown.

no to any glass shops. my brother lives in the city and should be bringing me a stem or two for xmas so that should help out.

i do love the glass stem concept but just wish it wasnt so breakable. perhaps i just got two extreme lemons cuz i dont think i was all that hard on them compared to any other glass device ive had in the past. hell, a shitty $2 pipe i got at a convenience store lasted longer than both stems combined and i dropped it repeatedly.

pain101,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've been emailing with Arizer's Steve the last few days. I asked him if it was ok to share his emails here in this thread, but he wants to stay out of the forums for business reasons & prefers to deal with every costumer individually through their customers service like they always have, so I have to respect that.

I will report that they are taking this smell issue serious & are working hard to get to the bottom of it. They suspect the Mica that's used in constructing the Solo is the cause of the issue, but they still need to do more research before they can be sure.

If anyone has a Solo that produces a strong smell which won't go away after a few cycles I advise you to contact Arizer to make arrangements to send it back so that they can inspect it, in the long run this will be more helpful then people baking off Solo's or cleaning units themselves. A replacement unit will be issued and Arizer will compensate you for the return shipping costs of your smelly unit.

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
treecityrnd said:
This straight up sucks.

I ordered my Solo on 11/26 from PIU. I received a "shipping notification" on December 2
however there was no tracking until December 8th when the package was actually received by USPS. So it took until today, December 10, for my package to arrive. So needless to say I was getting a little anxious. However, I did understand as I included some pretty specific instruction with my order (see below): Randy, I would like the BLACK m105 unit. In addition, please do NOT send me a free 4 part CNC Grinder. I own several from previous purchases. Save it for a new customer. If anything, I would prefer some screens that fit the 2 Diffusing Tubes or an extra Diffusing Tube if they are available (2 or 4-hole). No worries if not. Thanks for the great deal and service, TC

I opened my large box from Puffitup (the inside box looked strangely familiar) and found my newExtreme Q and free CNC Grinder? I dont know what to say at this point. Yesterday was my birthday and I was so looking forward to a great b-day weekend with my new NON-SMELLY m105 SOLO. I am so upset right now. No SOLO review today. Maybe after this problem is fixed

Won't suck if they let you keep the extreme with it though lol. Who know what will happen.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
OhTheAgony said:
I will report that they are taking this smell issue serious & are working hard to get to the bottom of it. They suspect the Mica that's used in constructing the Solo is the cause of the issue, but they still need to do more research before they can be sure.

Suddenly they think they know the cause of the smell issue that they have denied smelling up and down this whole time? :| Did they suddenly smell it, or were they just "pretending" not to while doing research and let people use them in the mean time?

darkrom,

max

Out to lunch
They suspect the Mica that's used in constructing the Solo is the cause of the issue, but they still need to do more research before they can be sure.
That's interesting, since there's also mica in the Extreme, or at least there used to be. There was also mica dust, which was why we thought, back then, that glass had been substituted in its place. If mica really is the culprit in the Solo odor problem, it's never been an issue with the Extreme.

max,

darkrom

Great Scott!
max said:
They suspect the Mica that's used in constructing the Solo is the cause of the issue, but they still need to do more research before they can be sure.
That's interesting, since there's also mica in the Extreme, or at least there used to be. There was also mica dust, which was why we thought, back then, that glass had been substituted in its place. If mica really is the culprit in the Solo odor problem, it's never been an issue with the Extreme.

Sort of discouraging again isn't it max? How I long for the days when I loved my solo and had a mobile power plant I was happy with.

darkrom,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
max said:
I think there was mica in the Vapolution and the Vapman (protective cover).

Abysmal Vapor,

max

Out to lunch
I don't have any experience with the Vapman, but the Vapolution's vapor path is isolated, and odor has never been an issue.

max,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
OhTheAgony said:

If Mica is the problem wouldn't all units smell?

I have two (ceramic and SS replacement) from different batches and have used four others (3 ceramic and 1 SS) and none have had smell or noise issues...even from the beginning (no oven bake offs or intensive cleaning).

Wasn't there an earlier post indicating that Arizer said that they couldn't detect any smell problems with units sent in by their owners who did detect smell problems?

Things like that must make it difficult to isolate the problem.

Sinclue,

usermaine

i decided to order one of these for myself to see what the fuss is all about. my solo came in yesterday and i instantly fell in love with it. i bough mine from justvaporize.com. got a black M105 with nice case at a decent price using discount code "arz20". their service was good, the only complaint i have is that i emailed them specifically asking for a ceramic one. they told me they had 'em but i ended up getting a SS.. do you guys think its worth returning it, and dealing with the hassel of shipping it back, and waiting just to get a ceramic one? oh and how do i turn if off, if i dont need it to go the full 12 min.? lol
thanks

usermaine,

steiner666

Serial vapist
usermaine said:
i decided to order one of these for myself to see what the fuss is all about. my solo came in yesterday and i instantly fell in love with it. i bough mine from justvaporize.com. got a black M105 with nice case at a decent price using discount code "arz20". their service was good, the only complaint i have is that i emailed them specifically asking for a ceramic one. they told me they had 'em but i ended up getting a SS.. do you guys think its worth returning it, and dealing with the hassel of shipping it back, and waiting just to get a ceramic one? oh and how do i turn if off, if i dont need it to go the full 12 min.? lol
thanks

If it smells and tastes and hits great i wouldnt return it. all you would get with the ceramic version is some longer battery life and slightly higher max temp. you'd be risking getting a stinky and/or chipping unit for those things and i dont think thatd be worth it.

and you just push and hold both buttons to shut it off, same way you turn it on. doesnt work with the AC adapter plugged in tho, if you're using that.

steiner666,

usermaine

steiner666 said:
and you just push and hold both buttons to shut it off, same way you turn it on. doesnt work with the AC adapter plugged in tho, if you're using that.
for how long? sometimes it works sometimes it just goes back to idle, or whatever i had it set on

usermaine,
usermaine said:
steiner666 said:
for how long? sometimes it works sometimes it just goes back to idle, or whatever i had it set on
you push and hold the two buttons in and wait for the beep then let them go. That is how it works with turning it on or off.

VapeNStone,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
VapeNStone said:
usermaine said:
steiner666 said:
you push and hold the two buttons in and wait for the beep then let them go. That is how it works with turning it on or off.

If your sound is off then hold until blue light goes off, then immediately release buttons.

Sinclue,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
So the other day I was walking down the hallway to have a "smoke" on my break at class, and turned to go down the stairs. As I was walking down the stairs I put my hand in my pocket and pulled out one of my preloaded stems. And then I dropped it.

But it wasn't too bad, I picked it up and brought it home and tried to turn it into a bong adapter. I took pain's advice on cutting glass and it worked out perfectly, now I have a perfect 18mm bong adapter for my arizer.

nv2i5l.png

CentiZen,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Just a 50 cent sillicone o-ring, I use it to ensure an airtight seal. There is some clear vinyl tubing underneath the adapter holding it in place but the vapor never touches it.

CentiZen,

usermaine

VapeNStone said:
i noticed today that my unite doesnt beep:/ i remember it beeped when i first turned it on out of the box. is that weird? is there a way to turn the beeping on and off on the SS?

usermaine,
Top Bottom