Arizer Solo

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Burned down some naysayers last night! :lol: Some diehard combustoids stopped by for some holiday cheer, first I passed around the SOLO for 'em and then I finished 'em off with some hits through my Sovereignty 60mm Bent Neck. Some of those folks were supper vaked! Probably got at least 3 more people to convert. :cool:

Bluntcrush,

MG23

Relaxin'
steven22 said:
my solo lasted 13 intervals of 12 minutes. about 2.6 hours of run time. at temps from 2 - 6.
I want more.

This is completely normal for ceramic, basically exactly the same as mine and others I've heard from.
(From completely cold) Ceramic = 13 cycles / SS = 9 cycles

MG23,

al bundy

Vaporist
I think its to conserve battery life or so no plastic part starts going soft/melting?
Although the No2 is plastic and it shuts off at 20 minutes,
I lean toward the conserving battery life,the no2 battery is bigger.

al bundy,
Reactions: Keegan

Mathair Naduir

Cannabis And Vapor Connoisseur
Recently purchased an Arizer Solo from Puffitup.com Randy is a STAND UP guy that is the most loyal customer service rep I have ever dealt with.

That was about a month ago that I received the Solo. I only had it a week. I did not like it at all.

Pros: Easy of Loading, ease of hits, quietness

Cons: Battery is poor, draws SLOWLY, doesn't vaporize at high enough of temps (I felt cracked out from only getting a THC buzz), not to mention the SMELL-plastic-y and hot.

IMHO, I would only get this vape if I needed a portable (I also have the MFLB and like this more), and had time to charge it every day!

Mathair Naduir,
Mathair Naduir said:
Recently purchased an Arizer Solo from Puffitup.com Randy is a STAND UP guy that is the most loyal customer service rep I have ever dealt with.

That was about a month ago that I received the Solo. I only had it a week. I did not like it at all.

Cons: Battery is poor, draws SLOWLY, doesn't vaporize at high enough of temps (I felt cracked out from only getting a THC buzz), not to mention the SMELL-plastic-y and hot.

IMHO, I would only get this vape if I needed a portable (I also have the MFLB and like this more), and had time to charge it every day!
Did anyone make anything of this post??? Do you like the solo or not? Did you return it? IDK what the hell is going on!

VapeNStone,

steven22

MattyGTwenty3 said:
This is completely normal for ceramic, basically exactly the same as mine and others I've heard from.
(From completely cold) Ceramic = 13 cycles / SS = 9 cycles

yea, thats what I figured as well... I am looking to improve on these numbers thats all.

I know for cellphones you can always buy extended batteries and what not.

al bundy said:
I think its to conserve battery life or so no plastic part starts going soft/melting?
Although the No2 is plastic and it shuts off at 20 minutes,
I lean toward the conserving battery life,the no2 battery is bigger.

I dont care about the 12 min timer all that much, I just want more cycles allowed per charge.

I also wish that the 12 minute timer didnt just shut the unit off, but rather put it in idle or something... so I wouldnt have to press both buttons again. I forsee a lot of wear and tear on those buttons or the panel it resides on (black area) I hear creaks sometimes when pressing the buttons too hard while vaked.

steven22,

Mathair Naduir

Cannabis And Vapor Connoisseur
VapeNStone said:
Mathair Naduir said:

Did anyone make anything of this post??? Do you like the solo or not? Did you return it? IDK what the hell is going on!

Woops, just vaped my morning bowl and obviously forgot to clarify: I returned the SOLO. But, I am picky when it comes to vaporizers, as I have had about ten different ones.

Mathair Naduir,

pain101

i dunno, seems pretty damn clear to me you said exactly what you meant
:lol: :lol:

pain101,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Interesting that you were able to fully return it!

I too am back to MFLB for portable for now. Might not hit as hard, but I've had 0 problems in years.

darkrom,

Soulhunter

I would defenetly buy this if it did not come with glass stem.
Glass on a portable just sounds silly.
If they made some sort of steel and plastic stem i would buy one.

Soulhunter,

vape4health

Soulhunter said:

You could always make a log type stem for the solo, they're just about indestructible.

vape4health,

Soulhunter

vape4health said:
Soulhunter said:

You could always make a log type stem for the solo, they're just about indestructible.

Yes, i could probably make my own stem, but when i buy a produckt i want it to work right out of the box.
If i was in the mood for any DIY, i could eazy make my own log vape, but i am to lazy for that hehe :p

Soulhunter,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
Soulhunter said:
Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the all-glass vapor path.

CombustionJunction,

darkrom

Great Scott!
CombustionJunction said:
Soulhunter said:

Here I was ready to correct you, but your right. It is all glass vapor path. Its not an all glass air path like I am under the impression the VXC is .

darkrom,

max

Out to lunch
Soulhunter said:
If i was in the mood for any DIY, i could eazy make my own log vape
We've heard that before. Some can, and some just think they can. Until you actually produce one, this kind of statement is just gonna get you :rolleyes:

CombustionJunction said:
Soulhunter said:
But his goal isn't glass, is it? It's avoiding glass. He obviously wants to prevent breakage. I'd have to say that his post makes more sense than yours does.

max,

THCMuscle

Mflb battery cap + Scissors = Portable pre-loaded stem :D

IMG_0126.jpg

THCMuscle,

Soulhunter

max said:
Soulhunter said:
If i was in the mood for any DIY, i could eazy make my own log vape
We've heard that before. Some can, and some just think they can. Until you actually produce one, this kind of statement is just gonna get you :rolleyes:

CombustionJunction said:
Soulhunter said:
But his goal isn't glass, is it? It's avoiding glass. He obviously wants to prevent breakage. I'd have to say that his post makes more sense than yours does.

Well, like i said i am to lazy to make one. :p
Building one is not the problem, finding all the safe parts to use is what is time consuming. U got to be sure non of the parts u use have any dangerous toxins.
But it is so much easier to buy one ;)

Yes, i just think a portable vaporizer shuold not come with glass parts. Iwant my portable to be
"unbreakable".
And like someone alredy said its just the vapor path that is glass, not the whole air path. So it is realy no point in having that glass stem. But that is just my opinion. I would love this vape vith another stem.
So i got to keep lookin around for my next portable ;)

Soulhunter,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I have been using the hell out of my solo this past week. I got a new AC adapter that fits more securely in my SS solo's powerjack. The thing doesnt come out pretty much just from the weight of the cord now. It doesnt take much tension to pull it out, but it doesnt shut off every time i set it down or invert it for in the bong when using it on the adapter now at least. its been a fastastic experience vaping through my EHLE with it.

I got a ton of honey built up on 2 stems, to the point where these big amber drips were going haalfway down the stems. I soaked them in iso and threw in some qwiso from about 3g of shake and i got a nice yield. I put a half-pea sized booger of the goo on top of a half-filled stem and inverted the solo down onto the stem (like one would do with a PD or other screenless log) and then bonged it up. :o man did that stem last. I dont know how many power cycles i went through to finish it, i ended up having to have a friend help me finish it off.

the second goo-tipped stem i started at 5 straight off, instead of the usual 3 or 4. The second hit turned the tube solid white with crazy dense vapor, i dont know how many clouds i got at 5, but i got just as many at 7 too. For the first time pretty much, vapor through the EHLE made me cough regularly. :ko:

I noticed at the end of my stem sessions that the goo was all melted to one side of the bowl, still sizzling when i pulled it out. I glanced in the heater and saw it had a blotch of goo baked onto the bottom of it too lol. I just stuck my pinkie finger in (after it cooled of course! :rolleyes: ) and scraped at it with my fingernail for a bit and it all came off, of course with no harm done. I'm not sure how well a ceramic coated solo would have stood up against the scratching though lol.

Did a lot of side by side comparing of my ceramic and solo units, as far as taste goes. The ceramic i got was a stinky/smelly solo. I wiped residue off the inside of the casing and cape, pulled some sort of glue off the circuitboard and wiped it and every other surface of the solo. This alleviated some of the smell and taste and i was pretty content with it. Then I got a SS that didnt smell at all from the start, tasted perfect. Used it almost exclusively, then used the ceramic one and i could clearly taste the difference. In fact, i could even taste that weird taste on the stem that was used with the ceramic when i used it with my solo. Of course it was way more noticeable when using the solos dry, i could still taste it even through water.

i have a couple friends who arent too offput by it though, so its definitely subjective a little bit, but theres clearly some sort of manufacturing variable in play here thats making some of these solos taste like C-3PO's ass and some taste like pure vapor heaven. Maybe one of the assemblers does something differently when soldering or maybe its something to do with the housing and how its treated, i really dont know. No matter what, its always going to be there to some degree in some units though. Until they acknowledge and locate the source of the problem.

The 2 holed stems are definitely my favorites, its too bad theyre both angled tho, I'd really like a 2 hole straight.

But ppl shouldnt let this stink situation scare them off from ordering a solo. even if you do get one that stinks you'll end up with one that doesnt in the end, and it really does kick ass.

steiner666,

pain101

if the glass stem is a sticking point though, i really suggest a different vap. mine broke within 4 weeks and until i figure out some way of getting the extra money needed to order one online i'm stuck using a tube stuck on that im sure isnt rated for the heat its getting, but i taste nothing, so it'll have to do, i got no choice. (cant afford any other method)

pain101,

THCMuscle

Perhaps I am the minority, but I love the aspect of glass in a portable. I'm not at all worried about breaking it.

THCMuscle,

max

Out to lunch
THCMuscle said:
Perhaps I am the minority, but I love the aspect of glass in a portable. I'm not at all worried about breaking it.
That's why there are plenty of options these days. Something for every taste. And the choices are just gonna better as time goes by.

max,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i like the glass stem too, it was actually one of the reasons i got a solo. the stem does make a nice emergency pipe, for when your out of batteries or something,:ninja:

i have been pretty rough with my stems but they have all held up pretty well.

@ pain101. do you have any local sign shops that do neon signs? the 15mm neon glass tubing should fit pretty well. a 4ft stick of the glass should be really cheap. just have them cut it for you and just shove a screen in there.

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom