Arizer Solo

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It's normal for SS to change color when heated. I don't remember at which temps it happens, but it gets a yellowish coper/gold color first & when it gets even hotter it turns blue. My bike's exhaust pipes do this too.

Steve from Arizer told me they had set all M105 units they still had in stock 50 degrees hotter, just to test if they gave off odd smells. This might explain why some of you have a slightly more colored bowl in your new M105 unit.

OhTheAgony,

vape4health

@OTA no the 11cm diffused downstem will not fit the 100ml, 250 only, just a fraction to long and hits the back wall.

Do you mean they will run 50deg hotter or that was just to check for a smell.

vape4health,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah yes, but you can buy 'm in a lot of different lengths. Most shops over here sell them without downstem so you can pick which one you want (or how much you want to spend).

No, it was just temporarily only to test them, nothing permanent.

OhTheAgony,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Hey iloveb00bs...... is that a direct fit ? or modified ?

How's it work ?

smokum,

Adobewan

What do you guys do with your Solo while it's charging? Seems wrong to lay this proud looking baby on it's side. Wish it had a flush plug on the bottom or some kind of docking base.

Adobewan,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
smokum said:
Hey iloveb00bs...... is that a direct fit ? or modified ?

How's it work ?

its not modified in anyway. it just fits perfectly for me. got the idea when i noticed the screens the gave me for the vapocane fitted the solo stem perfectly.
i have a few more pics posted in the vapocane thread, pretty good size bowl on the vapocane too.

ilovebOObs,

vape4health

Have you used it as a solo stem yet, if so how did it go, cook it all? How much bigger would you guess the bowl is on the vapocane. Fuck, do I really need to buy another vape.

vape4health,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
vape4health said:
Have you used it as a solo stem yet, if so how did it go, cook it all? How much bigger would you guess the bowl is on the vapocane. Fuck, do I really need to buy another vape.

here i think a pic is best for explaining. pretty much just slap a screen in the vapocane and your good to go. the bowl is taller but u can adjust the screen lower or higher. hits the same as a solo stem, but solo stem feels nicer because of the bigger tip.
pc131484.jpg

ilovebOObs,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
thks...

I was thinking (for myself) that the vapocane stem would better suit me due to the more narrow stem and it's glass 'pinch' since I prefer 'sipping' with a restriction over a direct lung hit (tender bronch's).

smokum,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
OhTheAgony said:
Thanks for the little Ehle comparison guys! Neither of you has a diffused downstem for the 100ml though?

I have a very cheap g-spot diffuser downstem that fits both the 100ml & 250ml (I think it's 10.5cm)
It's basically a non-diffused downstem with 6 small holes near the bottom of the downstem.
In the 100ml, it didn't really seem to make much of a difference to how it performed.

Another option at around the same price range that I want to mention is the AquaVape inline vapor cooler
http://www.vapeworld.com/vaporfection-aqua-vape-inline-vapor-cooler
I just use a piece of 7th floor tubing to connect the end of the stem to the end of the aquavape.

Frederick McGuire,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
smokum said:
thks...

I was thinking (for myself) that the vapocane stem would better suit me due to the more narrow stem and it's glass 'pinch' since I prefer 'sipping' with a restriction over a direct lung hit (tender bronch's).

It's about as restricted to breath through as the old two hole stems. If you don't have any of those you may want to get some now you still can.

OhTheAgony,

steven22

Adobewan said:
What do you guys do with your Solo while it's charging? Seems wrong to lay this proud looking baby on it's side. Wish it had a flush plug on the bottom or some kind of docking base.

yah, I wish it stood upright too, but I just make sure I always leave it on something smooth to prevent scratches (a piece of paper, carpet, etc)

now I just leave it in my case (the ones from ebay) and charge it while it is in the case.

----

the case btw is pretty decent. It does everything. I just wish the foam layout was a little more revised to make use of all the space available. I wish I could fit a stash container AND the charger

steven22,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Since the stem for the rubber cap broke , like we didnt know this is gonna happen :rolleyes:

I sit my Solo upside down on the heater when charging and not in use

BTW - that vapocane looks like a nice attachment. especially if your in the mood for a larger bowl . Ive already been through all my chillums trying to do the same thing with no luck . I love when there is an alternative .

:cool: :cool: :cool:
On a side note for all you stealth users . If you are gonna use the solo inside a cup or can , just make very sure that the solo can vent out those bottom holes or you will end up frying your unit . Yes the Solo fits perfectly into a Coke can , but if you want to conceal more of the stem you'll need a taller can like Monster or Arizona's , they work too . Timmies cups are great for a quick fix .

Samsquanch,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Adobewan said:

Use the foam inserts that came with unit. You can either use the top part and place the solo upside down so the cable can be connected to the top while it is charging. Or use the larger piece and cut out a slot in the bottom for the cable to route through.

I have used the larger piece of foam and cut it down to fit inside a 16oz cup for stealth vaping :)

aesthyrian,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Purchases a stinky silver M103 unit about three weeks ago. Let it burn in a total of about 50 cycles(Seriously, I had it running whenever I was around for two weeks straight) and it still stinks. Doesn't stink up a room or anything but if you are within about 3-5 feet of it you will definitely notice the smell.

I have only tried the unit twice since I got it, once was this morning. Tasted like the equivalent of what some have called a robot fart. I put the unit back in the packaging it came in shortly after and contacted Arizer. Hoping they come through with a new stink free unit for me.

Will report back after then contact me.

Gonzo,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Gonzo said:
I have only tried the unit twice since I got it, once was this morning. Tasted like the equivalent of what some have called a robot fart....

lol while its shitty to hear that you got a stinker, its good to know that my original description of the smell/taste problems is able to adequately and succinctly describe the issue for you.

Its good to hear that Arizer is at least acknowledging the issue these days. It will make it a lot easier to recommend the solo to ppl once they can eliminate the robot fart issue, because AFAIC its the only real flaw ive found with them (i dont consider a few tiny flakes of ceramic to be that big of a flaw, and theyre soon to be eliminated entirely, so either way that doesnt count).

*loads another goo-tipped stem and whitewalls the EHLE*

:D :cool: hope you can get a replacement that doesnt stink/taste bad gonzo, it's infuriating to have to go through the effort and take the extra time, but once you get a proper tasting solo in your hands I'm sure you'll agree its well worth it. Contact your reseller and Arizer both, i'm sure one of them will be quick replace it.

Adobewan said:

i wish it had a angled plug with a notch in the bottom (Like the HI does) too, but I just lay my solo on its "back" while charging and make sure the cord isnt dangling or positioned anywhere that it can be tripped on or anything. I use the AC adapter mostly, and also lay my solo down on its back between hits if i need to set it down. I wouldnt worry about it too much, i mean the thing is pretty damn sturdy.

steiner666,

pain101

i am thinking of modifying a big useless candle i have with the dremel to make a docking base for the solo.

basically just drill out a perfect match for solo to stand in and the plug to stick through, then clamp it in with some silicone caulking, and have it setup kinda like an ipod dock.
the silicone should also keep any excess heat from melting the wax, though it really doesnt get that warm at the base, so i dont see that being an issue.

kudos on the modified broken stem centizen!!

pain101,

steven22

decided to try the solo with water today... just simply attached some extra tubing I had to the stem and a GonG joint.

I couldn't do it... not sure how you guys are hitting it through water, but I found the drag to be too heavy for me. I have 2 hole stems and a small Gong double bubbler that has very very little drag in general.

I have a 5 ft long whip for my extreme which I use with my bong all the time...and the drag was manageable.

steven22,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Funny, I find mine easier to draw through with my Ehle than without. Sure it isn't the bubbler?

OhTheAgony,

pain101

ive got some pretty heavy duty lungs when it comes to bongs
i also find plugging my nose helps alot, but that might just be due to my being born with cleft lip and palette

just had a brilliant idea on my candle mount plan. i want the inside part of the candle that i am drilling(and gouging) out to be lined in the caulk but i want it to be smoothly formed with the solo itself, how do i manage this without getting caulk all over the solo??? SARAN WRAP(or perhaps a ziplock bag)!!!! i will just wrap it up nicely, then caulk it up and leave it overnite. should be perfect by morning to just peel out. expect pictures cuz im gonna make this nice!

pain101,

steiner666

Serial vapist
steven22 said:
decided to try the solo with water today... just simply attached some extra tubing I had to the stem and a GonG joint.

I couldn't do it... not sure how you guys are hitting it through water, but I found the drag to be too heavy for me. I have 2 hole stems and a small Gong double bubbler that has very very little drag in general.

I have a 5 ft long whip for my extreme which I use with my bong all the time...and the drag was manageable.

OhTheAgony said:
Funny, I find mine easier to draw through with my Ehle than without. Sure it isn't the bubbler?

+1 to what ohtheagony said. I dont know why it would be that much harder for you to draw on through the bub than without it unless theres something to do with the bubbler or the hosing you're using between them. Unless you normally hit it "milkshake pipe" style instead of just taking it straight to the lungs. I'd try eliminating the length of tubing, it will definitely at least help to reduce the drag. cut a 1" piece off of it and slip it over the mouthpiece opening on the stem so it covers the tip/edge. Then just stick that straight into the downstem and hit it, should work perfectly if its the same size as the standard dbv/ssv sized hosing. You really to use just enough of a length to form a seal in the GG joint. i'm sure this will go a long way in helping out.

DSC05540.jpg

you can see what i mean in this picture^ the black tip on the stem in the solo is just a short piece of used ssv hosing that i had held onto for some reason, fortunately.

steiner666,

Kaptan

I'm running low on screens for the aroma tubes. Where are you guys getting quality screens online?

Kaptan,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Will those fit without cutting?

Is that a RZ or a CRZ Steiner? How does the bowl size compare to that of the Solo, & does it get the AVB just as dark?

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom