Arizer Solo

August West

Sounds like you are enjoying your new toy Agony. Nice review too. I would be in touch with arizer or the shop you bought it from to take care of the stem problem. Something like that shouldn't happen with a little better quality control on what's going out. I wonder if they are starting to get slammed a bit with demand now that even more positive reviews keep coming out and more people are deciding to try it for themselves. Both my stems fit fine.

IMO that 12 minute shut off is a GOOD thing. It's not hard to realize that its turned off and turn it back on is it??? I think the positives of keeping your battery from running down on it's own are far better than the negatives of having to turn it back on. Come on. As far as a replaceable battery that you could just pop in as a spare would be nice but IMPRACTICAL the way this thing is designed right now from what I can tell. There is a whole lot more design engineering to be done to do this. Maybe in the future? I love the small size of this thing and the BIG things it delivers.

ENJOY your SOLO's everybody.

August West,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks August,

I'll shoot Vaposhop an email tomorrow, sure it will be dealt with properly. I may even wait to see if it will fit once the device has been @ working temperature for a while, might be just enough to make it work.

If this thing proofs durable over time I'm pretty sure they got a bestseller on their hands at Arizer, but it's to soon to really tell although it does feels like the real thing. Hell, I don't even know how long a battery will last me so what am I talking about, lol

I partially agree with you on the 12 min thingie but I still would still like to be able to turn it off for one of my more intense sessions :brow: Or I want it to turn on at my last heating setting instead of at 50 degrees at least when I keep having to turn it back on.

I put it back on charge after 3 bowls btw (took me 4 turn-ons and a little bit to empty them), the light came back one at nr 4. Is this a coincidence or a standard setting thingie?

The efficiency is awesome I agree. I really wanted a PD for this but suddenly I'm not that sad anymore for not being able to get one as a European. This one is even portable!

OhTheAgony,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
OhTheAgony said:
Or I want it to turn on at my last heating setting instead of at 50 degrees at least when I keep having to turn it back on.

To return to your last used temperature, press and hold the down arrow for a couple of seconds after you turn it on.

pakalolo,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Well Vaposhop still didn't dispatch mine yet! :mad:

Bit of a boring, trivial, non-event, there's really no need to read on.

Nevertheless I wish to vent and whinge, and still haven't told my partner I've bought one (who is currently the only other human being for 3 miles to vent and whinge to, so sorry FC) :rolleyes:

But it's partly my fault. It should have shipped yesterday, but I stupidly asked in my order if they could swap the US-EU plug adaptor for a US-UK one. Fast response the next morning telling me they didn't have UK adaptors, so I reply 'no problem' and clarified it was us-uk not eu-uk i needed. Didn't receive a shipping notice by yesterday afternoon so checked on the website, and it said 'order not accepted'! Uh Oh :/. Emailed querying 'why?' and got my customer service ticket number, but had had no answer by nearly the close of business time today. So I gave them a call and got it sorted; my original query had caused my order to be paused, I guess until someone cleared it on their system. Be shipped tomorrow. Pretty frustrating as I was only asking on the half chance that they would include the plug adaptor if one was available, but never wished to delay my shipment for a 0.60 part! In fairness I didn't explain this beforehand though.

So the lesson I've taken is to call shops on the phone straight away with such issues or queries if possible, and not to pussy around with comments on orders and customer service tickets. Lot of these guy might not have the staff to check emails more than once a day (and they do promise response within 24hours). However, I hate talking on the phone if I don't have to- just my preference- so I do like it when a company does answer their emails several times a day. But I'm not normally so impatient for customer service- only when it's my expensive new toy! :brow:

Right, now I should quit moaning like a bitch and learn some patience and maturity. Like a child counting down till Christmas. 3-6 days apparently, starting tomorrow...... feck, just realised it' s a holiday here on Monday, so no deliveries :(

On better news, my partner just won a 2 month contract to do a vegetation survey & report on a bog, so now is probably probably a good time to admit my secret purchase! :brow: :lol:

WatTyler,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Has anyone seen what the at-home charger that can be used while vaping looks like? I'm wondering if it is like a base unit that the solo sits on top of. If it is just a plug, then that will suck because you won't be able to set the unit down as it'll have the plug sticking out of the bottom which means it has to lay down on it's side (as is the case with the stock charger).

Anyone? Anyone? Buehler??

:peace:

Stu,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Good question Stu, I never even considered that, lol.

smokum,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Stu said:
Has anyone seen what the at-home charger that can be used while vaping looks like? I'm wondering if it is like a base unit that the solo sits on top of. If it is just a plug, then that will suck because you won't be able to set the unit down as it'll have the plug sticking out of the bottom which means it has to lay down on it's side (as is the case with the stock charger).

Anyone? Anyone? Buehler??

There will not be a charger that allows use while charging. There is an adapter that will allow you to use the Solo bypassing the battery, which is a different thing and much simpler to implement. It has to plug into the bottom, since there's no other way to connect it. A base unit is a good idea, and maybe Arizer will start offering one, but I don't see how you'd use a base unit while vaping.

Power Source

pakalolo,

mlo4sho

So would this adapter be like the AC adapter of a laptop? Meaning you can use it to power your device even if the battery isn't connected? Just thinking down the road if anything ever happens to the battery I'd like to know if I could still use the unit (without the battery) while waiting for a new one to arrive. Or if using the adapter while the battery was still plugged in would have any effect on the performance of the battery (over time) like it may on a laptop.

mlo4sho,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Thanks for the clarification, Pakalolo. The only reason I mentioned a base adapter is that is the only way I can imagine this type of power source to work while using the unit. I don't think I'd want a power source if I couldn't stand the unit up on a flat surface. :rolleyes:

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I like the docking station idea for the non-charging power supply a lot! I still don't see why it can't be charged and used at the same time though, it should be more then doable with less then 2 amps or so.

I ended up testing this thing pretty thoroughly yesterday btw, so I've added a couple of things to my review a page back if anyone's interested.

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

I cant believe I am considering buying another vape in such a short time.
But it just sounds too good to be true,

So, to the fellow fc members that have a solo.

can we please have a vid of someone vapebonging the solo?? like really hittin it too.??

Been feeling a need for a portable.
but for the $$$, I dont need no pussy machine. (which all the reviews sound great so far) & if it could
be a vapebong monster as well?
OMG- pinch my cheeks & spank my ass! I must be dreaming.

I love this site, but man its gettin expensive hanging out here. I am definately having the most fun Ive had in a longtime tho. Its really good to meet a bunch of likeminded peeps.

cheers

sorry guys, didnt see the vids posted earlier(I swear i read the whole thread the other day). but OMG, IT LOOKS AWESOME!!

Samo_T

The unit I received contained one stem that fits in somewhat loosely, while the other sits more tight. I think I read more people having this, has anyone contacted Arizer yet regarding this?

Samo_T,

StonedMMA

Thanks everyone in this forum!

After lurking for a few months and using the information found on this site to help make some informed purchasing decisions.

I just received my solo yesterday and put it through the paces to get a feel for the device and I am quite satisfied. The question I have is how do you check the battery status after use? To know approximately how much batter life is left.

StonedMMA,
Has anyone else tried setting the temp to max for the 1st draw? I like to set the temp as high as I can without feeling like i wanna cough or feeling uncomfortable in the lungs or throat. I find that u get a great taste from the 1st draw and I figure u get the bonus of releasing some of the high temp stuff ( if into that sort of thing) without the harshness. I can usually tell on the exhale if a 2nd high temp non harsh draw is possible if so I hit it again, never more than twice on max, and then turn it right down to 3.
I guess u could argue that all the taste gets used up in the 1st 1 or 2 draws but I find the taste to be fairly neutral after 2 or 3 even at low temp.
Would like to know if any of the seasoned vaporists have tried this approach and what they think of it.
Cheers

Greendingo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
pakalolo said:
OhTheAgony said:
Or I want it to turn on at my last heating setting instead of at 50 degrees at least when I keep having to turn it back on.

To return to your last used temperature, press and hold the down arrow for a couple of seconds after you turn it on.

Actually, I haven't been able to got that working on mine.

I can turn off the sound with the up button, but if I hold the down button it just quickly turns down the heat and if I press it shortly it just turns down the heat one step.

Could you explain how to do this perhaps, like exactly when to press it and how long?

Samo_T: If you turn it off and on again it'll tell you approximately how full the battery is. I thought I also found another way yesterday but can't seem to do/remember it anymore today, lol

Anyone else perhaps?

Greendingo: I'm in no way a seasoned vaporist, but I also like to get a good mouthful when I start hitting it. From 7 to 3 is a large step down though. I prefer starting at five and then just slowly move up because I don't want to take out all the goodies right away (which is probably impossible so I guess it's a mental thing) and then go back all the way down to 3 which isn't a satisfying setting for me to begin with.

OhTheAgony,
Not sure of the science but I'm guessing that the higher moisture content of the herb on the 1st and 2nd hit make it smoother and more manageable to the lungs than after it's been heated for a while and dried out. 7-3 is a big drop but I don't leave it at 3 for long, I just find that I need to be cautious immediately after running it through at 7, if I drop down to 5 and hit it hard I can end up coughing my heart up. I don't know if this is because some of the high heat is retained in the grind itself? I don't think it would be heat retained in the bowl as the pitch about accurate heat sensors seemed convincing. Whatever the reason I prefer to test the waters and gradually work the temp back up

Greendingo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
OhTheAgony said:
Actually, I haven't been able to got that working on mine.

I can turn off the sound with the up button, but if I hold the down button it just quickly turns down the heat and if I press it shortly it just turns down the heat one step.

Could you explain how to do this perhaps, like exactly when to press it and how long?

You need to hold down the down button when it's in idle mode in order to get to your last heat setting. Once the heater has been turned on (probably by hitting the up arrow from the idle mode in your case), then the arrow buttons only act to increase or decrease temp.

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks Stu, I finally got it working mate!

I think I wasn't pressing it long enough before.

OhTheAgony,

vape4health

I think this thing is mis-named, it's hard to call it a Solo vape when for the last two days it's been working perfect with four heavy hitters. I been loading the tube full and pack it just a bit, temp on four and get some solid hits, 8-10 large solid hits. I cant think of anything bad to say from just a few days use, if the air path is clean ( can't tell from just looking ) then the only other long term problem I see is the battery but that appears to be easy to replace and the adapter to power it without charging would limit a lot of at home battery use then I think it is a great home vape too.

A small magnet set could make the tube snap right into place and stay there unless it's removed, could also stop the spinning. Maybe two ring magnets or a ring on the tube and a small button one on the Solo so it can still rotate if you want it to.

vape4health,

alexander

Reading through all of these posts i couldn't resist. I broke down and bought a black solo from vaporizerforweed.net. I felt i couldn't pass up that 15% sale and free shipping making my purchase very sensible. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences with this vape making it a lot easier to make a wise purchase.:D

alexander,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
I bought one from vaporizerforweed.net last Thursday. I like that outfit - communicative, as in they respond to e-mails with sufficient content and do it quickly too; timely shipping, in a properly protected box, as well. I dunno what's up with the price, maybe Arizer will stick it up my ass if a warranty issue arises. Hopefully I'll never have to find out.

It came today (in exactly a week, from CA to MA). It was a nice surprise (busy at work, so it totally slipped my mind to expect it). Switched it on and saw the battery indicator was at 3. Yay, more than good enough for a bowl before I put it to charge.

I am not sure how much I loaded in the stem. I did not grind it, just picked off the top of a small nug (perhaps it was just enough herb for about 2-2.5 wdz bowls, maybe more). I heated the thing to 7. But started hitting it when it went up to 4. Good vapor, esp as it went higher in temperature, obviously. Got me decently high, perhaps as much as 3-4 wdz stems, if that makes any sense.

I like it. The battery run-time length is an issue that I am extremely worried about. I don't think this vape would last long enough for a day's worth of use for a guy like me. I usually try to stick to a conservative vaping amount, because stuff is so expensive here. But I come from an extremely heavy smoking habit and I eventually revert back to hold habits (before realizing I am just burning money and then come back to earth).

But I think the battery should last for non-idiotic use. Most folks say one indicator level per use. I am guessing that means per 12 minutes of use? I hope that does not mean one indicator level per bowl! If the former, however, then, assuming one does not smoke more than a bowl every time you switch it on (easily done from a speed perspective and should be sufficient, high-wise, for me at least, under normal circumstances when I am not smoking/vaping like an idiot), this should last perhaps 10-15 bowls hopefully? I don't know. But if it does, that may just be good enough for a morning to evening run? I'll try and get an idea for a bowl count per full charge, perhaps, over the next few weeks. That would be very individual data but perhaps better than nothing.

Anyway, not much new information in this attempt at a review, but there it is. I really do like this vape, can see myself using this over the wdz on a consistent basis (even though all I have had from it is a single bowl, which probably means I should come back in a few weeks to validate/invalidate all of this).

Oh, btw, the first stem/whatever-it-is-called-for-the-Solo fit very well in the heating chamber. I have not checked the second. Hang on. Yeah, the second one is fine too.

Also: I tried using it with a 14 mm bong, but the seal is not good enough and hits are very airy. I am going to have to experiment a bit to see if this is going to be convenient/feasible. Would be nice to have this work out of the box.

I do not find the air flow restricted when hitting it direct.

I do find the taste a little off. Not in a plasticky way though. It is kinda like the HA. In the wdz or mflb the experience of the strain is very apparent in the first one or two draws (aroma/taste). With the HA, I always thought the vapor always tasted more like trichomes than the strain's aroma (and all the HA equipment, esp the bags and mouthpiece, smell the same too -- which, somehow, smells different from the resin smell in the bong, which is used with the wdz). At any rate, the smell/taste/aftertaste with the Solo has that exact same smell. I don't like it so much, I will admit. I wonder if whole bud vs ground bud has anything to do with this smell; both the HA and the Solo sessions so far use whole bud not ground, unlike other vapes.

Probably just a coincidence.

(finished off two more bowls while writing the latter half of this. well, third still in progress. i am already pretty vaked though. but onward we persevere. i started a conversation with my wife in the middle of the second bowl and forgot about the vape. heard this loud beep, which is an indication of it autoshutting off i guess. i guess that feature can be helpful, though i have a feeling it is going to be quite annoying as well)

i used no screen, and with whole bud there were no particulates in my mouth.

vapor was not too hot for me (but i don't mind hot vapor so dunno if that affects my judgement)

abv was very dark brown (at 7 temp, each time) on the side of the nug that was to the bottom of the bowl, of course. otherwise, toward the other end, a nice dark golden brown. Upon crushing it just becomes a consistent dark orange/brown. no green whatsoever.

the glass stems do feel a bit flimsy and i get the feeling they will break sooner or later.

if the glass stems prove to be strong enough, and if i can figure out a way to carry them conveniently (which means somehow in my pocket) then this could be portable enough for me. i won't puffing on it in the middle of a crowded train like i have done with the LB, but this vape is considerably more satisfying, high-wise, than the LB. for that alone, as long as i can figure out a way to carry this conveniently and safely, what with glass and all, i would be willing to make the necessary trade offs and carry this with me (though, and probably carry the LB as a backup anyway. that little thing is always going to have its uses).

that is about it i guess.

obelisk,
Obelisk, you can expect about 8 to maybe 12 or more bowls out of the Solo, so for people like me and from the sounds of it, people like you, it's not a true all-day vaporizer solution. Don't let the battery life blips dissuade you too much, I've gotten three bowls out of that last dot and not even killed the battery - killing the battery is bad for its long term health, btw. I too have noticed its similarities to the HA.

Try going native at 2, then ramping to 3. 7 is damn high and probably on suited to vaporizing super tiny loads or concentrates.

Why won't it mate to a 14mm? You just stick the stem down the pipe until it makes a crude seal, glass against glass. I have actually found a piece of high quality silicone that go perfectly around the stems width, increasing it so it fits beautifully and seals great with a 18.8mm joint. Maybe find a very thin sleeve of silicone so it can mate perfectly with the 14mm.

I too have noticed a vaguely "off" taste and smell. Just take a whiff of the top of the unit while its operating, anyone will know what I mean - just that "hot electronics" smell.

charliedontsurf,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Isn't it normal with a new vape to let it run at max temp to burn off any manufacturing residue. At least that was the case with my E.

chucku,
chucku said:
Isn't it normal with a new vape to let it run at max temp to burn off any manufacturing residue. At least that was the case with my E.

Not at all mentioned in the (lacking, laughable) instructions. I did it personally for about two cycles, leaving it on at 7 with nothing in it, but I still have the smell/taste.

charliedontsurf,

dorkus_molorkus

Has anyone from austtralia bought this vape from vaporizerforweed.net??

I got an itchy triiger finger for this vape, but I dont know what kind of power/plug adapter I need for the aussie 240v plugs.
there is an aussie reseller that advertises theirs as '' The charger has a US plug but we include a power adapter for use in Australia. ''

I really wanna grab this from vaporizerforweed, I just need to know what else I'll need to get it up & running?
I suppose I could just order it, and then take it an electronics shop for advice. but would rather know before i spent the $$$.

The mob that sell them here, even with the FC discount has it on my doorstep for about $315aud.

whereas, with the strong aussie dollar & purchasing from vaporizerforweed, I can get it for $202aud deliverd!!
So, as long as a power adapter is less that $113 i am in front

anyhoo, any help would be appreciated.

dorkus_molorkus,
Top Bottom