Arizer Solo

VaphingApe415

Pulled the trigger; and like many before me, I'm in the waiting game. Can't wait to set the batteries down for a min, and literally kick the butane can to the curb! Been following this thread like a hawk. Right on folks for the honest reviews and good looking out on the current FC deals. Also puffitup.com looks like they just stocked up on some solos. But I ended up copin from vaporizerforweed.net, Jenny was super duper helpful in answering all my question. Paypal friendly was also a plus. So mad thanks for the fellow member that took the first plunge and letting us know about this spot. Like Bob, I gots to keep it Jamin'! Duces

VaphingApe415,

semuta

Hi all -

First post at FC, so I should first thank you all for steering me in the right direction on what is also my first vaporizer. I was SO close to pulling the trigger on an Iolite until I came across this thread. So I ordered from Rockwise and received it insanely fast for coming from Canada (heck, it was like ordering via Amazon Prime). I was ordering it as a birthday present for my wife and NEVER thought it would get here on time.

I almost feel like I cheated by having this as my first vape; like I didn't put in my time with a product that requires you to balance out all kinds of cons against the pros! The thing is simply amazing. As a gadget junkie, it speaks to me on so many levels!

Anyway, the last piece of my particular puzzle is a good case for this thing plus a small 4 pc SC and a small TightVac. I didn't even realize Rockwise HAD a case or I would have ordered it at the same time. But it costs him so much to ship the thing here that it would double the price, and I don't see it anywhere else.

I decided to poke around different camera cases and think this one from Lowepro will do the trick: http://amzn.com/B0007A1IRC (it won't let me embed a link for some reason - and that isn't a typo). I'll let you guys know how it works out.

By the way, I'm quite jealous of many of you guys with all your damn strains to choose from!

semuta,

Kelblow

Now in my 3rd day with this thing and I'm starting to get the hang of the restricted draw thing and which bowl pack is best.This really is a good little vape.Packs a decent punch looks excellent, though it is a bit pricey, so far it's worth it.

Kelblow,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
charliedontsurf said:
The instructions are lacking. It's awkwardly written and sparse on important information, such as proper battery care. Does it need to be run down every time, once in a while, never? Can I plug it in the instant I'm done using it and constantly have it charged up and ready?

It's a Lithium Ion battery. The Googles have lots of guidance on the care of those:

li-ion battery care

Basically, running it completely down is Bad, recharging right after a session is Good.

GoGlass: Arizer is a small company, and in my experience one of the best. I agree that it's a puzzle why they haven't changed their website, however.

Edited because my fingers took a t break...

GoGlass

Thanks for the comments about Arizer, effectively Arizer seems a small company, but their products are good, even it's unusual to launch a new product without announcing it.

So guys, if you think like me and charliedontsurf about the stem (which looks like a crack pipe), all news ideas for a more discrete stem are welcome.

Note : i have talked a lot with my vape shop, the vendor says he has also tried the new WISPR from Iolite and he says : take an old iolite + Iolite Vapor Optimizer (~20$) and you have the WISPR. Same system, same time (too long for me) heating , nothing really new in fact............... for nearly the price of the Solo.....

GoGlass,

max

Out to lunch
it's unusual to launch a new product without announcing it.
Steve has to pay someone to change the Arizer website, and it rarely gets an update. So I wouldn't expect news of new products to be announced there. And doing it elsewhere, in an effective manner, would probably cost a lot more than updating the site.

Note : i have talked a lot with my vape shop, the vendor says he has also tried the new WISPR from Iolite and he says : take an old iolite + Iolite Vapor Optimizer (~20$) and you have the WISPR. Same system, same time (too long for me) heating , nothing really new in fact............... for nearly the price of the Solo.....
Your vape vendor needs to do his homework. Nothing really new on the WISPR? Why wouldn't an hour longer in vaping time be new? Or a fuel gauge for checking the butane level. Or a fold down stem? Or less than a minute to heat up? Or less heat on the shell while vaping? Or quieter operation? There are definite improvements. Whether it's worth the money or not is up to the buyer.

And why compare either the iolite or the wispr to the Solo? They don't really compete. The Solo is basically a home vape that runs on a battery. If you want to put it in a pocket you better have a big one. It provides nice hits, not stealth. The O&B vapes are walk around portables. I really don't think many people will be down to deciding between an iolite/WISPR and the Solo, assuming they know the pluses and minuses of each.

max,
pakalolo said:
charliedontsurf said:
The instructions are lacking. It's awkwardly written and sparse on important information, such as proper battery care. Does it need to be run down every time, once in a while, never? Can I plug it in the instant I'm done using it and constantly have it charged up and ready?

It's a Lithium Ion battery. The Googles have lots of guidance on the care of those:

li-ion battery care

Basically, running it completely down is Bad, recharging right after a session is Good..

Cheers! Good info.
Alot of people don't know a damn thing about battery chemistry and crap like this, so that information should be provided in the instructions though.

To disagree with you slightly Max, the Solo isn't much larger than the Iolite at all. The iolite may as well be made out of Crystal it feels so delicate so it needs its case anyway. I had a very busy day today, with a protected Solo stem in one pocket and the Solo itself in another. While the Solo is a bit of a chunk and not well suited to those who prefer skinny jeans (who wants to associate with them, anyway), it still is portable. It's not an at-home vape at all. The battery life is more than what I need in a normal, out-and-about day, and I'm a relatively heavy user for certain. The Solo completely, utterly trounces the Iolite in every way I can imagine, except that you could travel in the rain forest or the desert with a bunch of cans of butane I guess and keep feeding the Iolite. I do think the Solo should probably have had a easily removable battery, something like a PSP battery or the like, but c'est la vie.

Edit: the Axe pack for the glass vaporgenie makes a decent walk-around case for the Solo and one or two stems.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
IAmKrazy2 said:
Tstat said:
Since I am getting impatient waiting for the Cloud, I am considering this. I. Would buy it now if it had a GonG attachment to mate it with glass. Maybe you could use tubing?

Stock stem works well with 14.4mm glass, nothing else needed. I personally have prefered it without any glass, the first hit is very thick and tastey, almost on par with the VHW, MW, ect. I have grown very fond of it.

I use mine on setting 4 most of the time, how about you guys?

I've been using mine on 2... 3 gets mine dark brown and 4 almost blackens mine...

stonemonkey55,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I have used 2 or 3 when I hook to glass, but when native no glass 3 to start and a 4 finish seems to be my preference.

IAmKrazy2,

August West

"And why compare either the iolite or the wispr to the Solo? They don't really compete. The Solo is basically a home vape that runs on a battery. If you want to put it in a pocket you better have a big one. It provides nice hits, not stealth. The O&B vapes are walk around portables. I really don't think many people will be down to deciding between an iolite/WISPR and the Solo, assuming they know the pluses and minuses of each."

Why compare the 3 vapes? Well maybe because they are ALL portable vapes. The Solo is certainly not just a home vape that runs on a battery. The Solo is IMO a more perfect portable vape than than the Iolite, I can't speak to the wispr since I don't have one and don't plan on it since I love my Solo so much. Yes the Iolite still has it's uses and for stealth it is probably the best. But I'll take my Solo standing upright in my drink cup as a perfect companion on any long road trip or even a commute. The solo fits fine in my shorts pockets(which are big I guess). I think in a pair of Jeans it would not. But my Standard for portable isn't what fits in my pockets I guess.

August West,
I'm currently experimenting with a two screen setup, such that the material to be vaporized is sandwiched between them, immobilized inside the stem so it can't fall into the chamber. I'm thinking it may cut down the conduction aspect a little.

Really loving this thing. Its ability to vape raw nugget-like material is super convenient on the go, and it continues to impress almost everyone who I've exposed to it.

Edit: is anyone else curious about the bizarre "Wild Flower" sampler the Solo came with? It's like... Fuzzy pink thing, tiny green pumpkins, dessicated leaf.. ? Mm. Weird to not give an actual explanation of what they actually are.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
august west...you mentioned hiding it in a cup...I like that idea! Do you have the stem exposed for sipping or if you have to take it out to use it.

my routine involves goiong outside for a little while to a hideout or a utility room. The idea of wondering around the outside with a McDonalds cup or something to vape me up just might tip the scales!

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
charliedontsurf said:
I'm currently experimenting with a two screen setup, such that the material to be vaporized is sandwiched between them, immobilized inside the stem so it can't fall into the chamber. I'm thinking it may cut down the conduction aspect a little.

Really loving this thing. Its ability to vape raw nugget-like material is super convenient on the go, and it continues to impress almost everyone who I've exposed to it.

Edit: is anyone else curious about the bizarre "Wild Flower" sampler the Solo came with? It's like... Fuzzy pink thing, tiny green pumpkins, dessicated leaf.. ? Mm. Weird to not give an actual explanation of what they actually are.

Charlie,

Are you "cutting" your own screens ? I'm having a hell of a time getting screens to sit "neat" in the stem, and if I custom cut, I've found I must be totally retarded to not be able to cut a perfect circle, lolol, and leaving sharp strands and an uneven insertion.

The other nite I took some Blue Dom (finely ground), and some kief, then pressed it into a puck.... broke up the puck into very tiny chunks and only used the one good fitting screen I have to space the goods away from the inhaling holes. WORKED AWESOME !! and by the time I ramped through the heat scale I was very medicated & satisfied :) I was so worried I'd mess up the devices heater port, but luckily, it didn't even leave the slightest residue that I can see. But I wouldn't want to attempt it with a true oil that way.

Funny you mention that about the "Wild Flower" sample..... I thought the exact same thing yesterday and attempted to search out some kind of instruction. No Luck.... but figured it was for a potpourri use and tried it in that attachment provided. But, even at the highest setting, nothing happened and after the 12 min went by I found the potpourri dish was hardly even warm enough to emit a fragrance??!! I gave up.

smokum,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh boy, just got word mine shipped today which usually means it'll be here tomorrow :brow:
I'm really liking Vaposhop right now. (y'all knew they also have a 10% discount for FC members, right?)

Got some snowy White Widow & some nice dark oily Nepalese hash to testride this baby with(foreplay). I better try to stay sober today for full effect tomorrow, I just hope I can get some sleep tonight :p

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
OhTheAgony said:
Oh boy, just got word mine shipped today which usually means it'll be here tomorrow :brow:
I'm really liking Vaposhop right now. (y'all knew they also have a 10% discount for FC members, right?)

I didn't, but I do now. That might tip me over the edge :uhoh:

+1 for Vaposhop - used them for my Vapman. Even without a 10% FC discount they're still one of the more competitive EU retailers- seem to beat any price I seem to find in the UK for any given vape, and give their own warranty service too.

This is a hard choice- government spending cuts and my partner hasn't had her temporary employment contract renewed so is outta work now, and my jobs is a fixed term project too.... I shouldn't really spend more on a vape I don't really need, but I'm so tempted........... I think I might........

WatTyler,

Kelblow

Sh!t I didn't know they did a 10% discount for FC members.I paid the full monty,got it within a day and a half but could've done with that discount though.Doubt they do backdated discounts.

Kelblow,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I was still a little bit in doubt weather or not to get one as well WT, but when I saw reduced price of 177 euros and some change I just had to jump on it. There is no code but there's a link in the resellers thread that will send you to their website with the reduced prices already calculated in there. I think the discount is for every item they sell including accessories.
To be honest I kinda spend money I had reserved for other purposes (mainly motorcycle maintenance), but I really wanted to try one after all the positive reactions I read here and sort of made a deal with myself that I may sell the SSV if the Solo turns out to be good enough to become my daily driver and if not I may resell the Solo again, we'll see ;)

You can always send them an email Kelbow. They probably won't refund you the difference, but they might give you a coupon for a discount on future buys perhaps.

OhTheAgony,

August West

Stickstones....I was speaking of how easily the solo stands up in my drink cup holders in my car not an actual cup that I carry the unit in. However you could easily put it in a cup if you wanted to disguise it that way. As others have mentioned this thing is screaming for somebody to come up with some nicer looking glass stems that maybe used for stealth purposes. If you do make a custom cup you would be able to just have the glass stem sticking out for you to suck on. If you don't go the cup route.....having the unit and a packed glass ready to go is pretty easy to do with this thing.
I've been so used to grinding when I vape that I have yet to just stick a small bud in and see how that works....but based on some other posts it sounds like it works fine without the grind if you need to do it that way.

As for the potpourri attachment and dried flowers that came with the unit I am assuming that this makes the unit look like it has more uses than just vaping weed. The front page of the very thin manual makes it seem like this can toast bread too. (not really but it seems to show alot of different uses)

I found myself reading this thread last month and was very intrigued by all the reviews I was reading. I had planned on holding off buying anything and waiting for a bit. I couldn't do that anymore once more reviews started coming in. I had to have it to try for myself. I AM SO GLAD I DID THAT. I've had mine for almost a month and absolutely LOVE it. I don't let the batteries get too drained before I recharge them and so far it's worked perfectly. I think I will be purchasing the car charger and the home ac adaptor as soon as that's available too. Arizer really has delivered with this one. I really don't think I've read a bad review of this thing yet. Yes no vape is perfect but this one is pretty good.
Only time will tell how it stands up to daily use and what happens when the battery goes bad....
In the mean time I am loving it so far.
Oh and I've found that I go between 3-5 for the temperature setting depending on what I've put in it. Hop on that Solo bandwagon....there's plenty of room for more.

August West,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
IAmKrazy2 said:
I have used 2 or 3 when I hook to glass, but when native no glass 3 to start and a 4 finish seems to be my preference.
I've been using 3 and 4 with my bubbler. I get dark brown abv on 4 (much darker than my PD abv for example). I tried the 5 setting, but the taste seemed to worsen, so I backed off. I think I'll try the 2 setting tonight just for fun. To put it in perspective, I usually vape my EQ at 220c, and the abv is lighter than the spent herb coming out of the solo on "4".

Edit: I just received this case in the mail that I picked up on ebay for about 10 bucks. I bought it on a lark before even receiving my solo, and I am happy to report that it holds everything quite nicely, including the charger and a stash container. If anyone is interested, here is the model that I got: Solo Case

:2c:

Stu,

vape4health

After reading a few reviews from well seasoned members I'm ordering a solo. The other Arizer products are both great vapes so I have really high hopes for this one. I haven't been around for a good bit so hi to anyone that missed me.

vape4health,

Willeh

I cut my own screen. A good tip to cutting it the right size is to hold it on top of the stem, cut around it using the stem to trace the width, and then slowly cut each individual steel wire until you have a close fit. You want to look carefully which little steel wires out of the side of the screen are in the way and shorten them one by one carefully. My screen holds in place, even like only half way down the bowl. Just cut it slowly with the tube for reference, patience is key.

Willeh,
Willeh has good advice there for sure. I just cut mine freestyle from some very flexible, strong stainless steels I got over Amazon a few years ago. They work really well for this task..

I've noticed that one of my stems is very tight fitting, won't come out when upside down, etc., while the other is very loose. While it isn't loose enough to give me the run around like some others are describing, it will readily fall out if turned upside down. The loose does seem to provide better airflow than the tight one. I kind of wish they were both somewhere in the middle - maybe Arizer glass blowers need to up their quality control, plugging each other the stems into a solo to make sure the fit is correct. Or maybe that's exactly what they're doing, and I was supposed to get a loose one and a tight one... ?

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom