Arizer Solo

dorkus_molorkus

CDS- sounds like you just need to accessorise.

imagine, if you could charge & vape at the same time? Vape in the car on long trips either by direct power or vape & then charge as you go?
have several spare stems, cause they were so reasonably priced it was stupid not to have spares.
if you could do those things easily, the battery life would become less relevant.

Its a pity these other items are not as directly available as one would like.

If you still wish to liquidate your solo, i stick my hand up for ''yes please''.

But you wont, its the shit i'm sure.
and if my tomorrow goes as well as hoped, I'm gonna buy my own solo by tomorrow nite.

peace

dorkus_molorkus,
Eh, my problem with the stems is not just their fragility, but to a lesser extent their aesthetic, and their lack of a proper mouthpiece. It would of been nice to get a solid mouthpiece stem and one of the current stems for vapebonging, which the Solo does do very well. A straight stem might also be more ergonomic and natural, I think, and a metal/ceramic stem would actually be a welcome addition in my opinion. And I'd like to know what a less constricted airflow would do for the Solo; would it open up its potential, or would more air just drop temperatures too low for the heater to properly keep up with?

And it really is, in truth, somewhat akin to the Shit. Not quite the Shit. But close to the Shit. No electric portable can rope this hard, this effortlessly.

charliedontsurf,

dorkus_molorkus

I hear your shit CDS.

So, if I hear you correctly, you think the current stem is good for vapebonging, but you would like to see a
differnt stem for direct draw?

I have wondered already how hard it would be to have one made locally (custoem stem that is)

One last question, How close to THE shit is this shit?- lol
I am yet to purchase, but the drunker & more medicated I get............

My trigger finger is itchy....... god bless VISA edit: cause VISA is the shit -lol

dorkus_molorkus,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Already pulled the trigger @ $206 AUD posted in a vaked state I was weak and couldn't resist.
Now we play the waiting game...

psyshaman,

dorkus_molorkus

for fuckin shizzle!!
where did you get it?? vaporizerforweed ???

$206aud, god bless the aussie dollar, for the 1st time in 30yrs having aussies dollars is not a disadvantage!

Righto then................. finger itchy, loaded.............

DONE!!!

thankyou FC members, you are the most expensive group of friends Ive ever had, but you cant put a price on your health - LOL

mongrel

psyshaman said:
Already pulled the trigger @ $206 AUD posted in a vaked state I was weak and couldn't resist.
Now we play the waiting game...
give us a link bloke. i paid 299 for mine but a spare is a next purchase. yeah the oz $ rocks!... the u.s. $ ha ha!

mongrel,

dorkus_molorkus

just did it on vaporizerforweed.net ($220.99usd)
as the man said- $206.31 aud delivered.(after conversion)

it seems to be the best deal out there i coud find.

waiting, waiting

dorkus_molorkus,

mongrel

crikey, i just ordered a spare... now how the hell am i gunna hide the credit card bill? s'pose i'll have to cop a verbal flogging when the bill arrives.
i know you blokes know what i mean! i'm real scared of my partner's tongue.

dorkus_molorkus

mongrel, sheet my brizzle you need 2 of these badboys??

I always blame those visa skimmers, just go to a restaurant before you buy yr solo, and then any transactions after is the work of those pesky skimmers.

I said to my wife............................

mongrel

yeah mate i do need 2bad boys..., always been a sucker for badness. i was gunna say bad men but thought that might be controversial... so i didn't mention it.
i live in the middle of nowhere and the power goes off a lot. if i can have 2 solo's on the go i can outlast an 8 hour blackout. dark and dank. YAY!
to be honest though i use a heap of gear and 1 solo basically doesn't keep up with my needs. seems sensible to cover all my bases seeing as i hate pain.

major edit; i'm a lying shit... i just love collecting vapes. don't need any more but like antiques roadshow customers... i'm hoping for the best.

dorkus_molorkus

So, you are obviously a fan of the solo then?
its always good to hear of other aussie vapers & what hey think of whats out there

dorkus_molorkus,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Mine just came 53 hrs after I ordered from Vape Weed. That's not bad from CA to midwest. Came USPS Priority. I did not have to sign for it as someone else mentioned. Came pkgd like a piece of jewelry,which it is.

Charging that bad girl up as we speak.:D

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I guess the Ape's out by now :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's liking this thing this much. Perhaps we should start a cult or something?

I too have had no desire to heat up the SSV since I've got my Solo. It's just so easy to use, I don't even grind up my weed anymore. And I think I've cut down my consumption to about 30 to 50% of what it used to be without even trying. I mostly use mine with a bong (new smaller Ehle without kick-hole is on the way), like 95% of the time. Mostly to keep my throat cool, but also to save time. Without a bong it takes me about 2 twelve minutes sessions to empty a bowl and with it I can do it in 1, most of the times anyway :) I still don't know how long the battery lasts me btw. I just put it on charge when I go to bed and use it every evening without problems so far. I'm at about 5 to 8 bowls per evening -depending on if I have company or not-, which comes down to about 0,5 gram a day on average.

Willeh: about the difference in size of the 4 holes; mine all seem pretty much the same, but if one of them is bigger then the others it's definitely the front right one.

Oh, and thanks for the tip about trying hash without the extra screen. I was a little afraid of gunking the thing up that way but I guess I'm gonna have to try it then. So far it doesn't seem to get dirty at all on the inside. I just blow it out once after every bowl and that's about all the 'work' it seems to need.

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

I knew it was too good to be true.

Got a call at 4am this morning from vaperforweed saying that their website is not displaying int shipping & if i want my solo its another $35usd for delivery.

Has this happened to anyone else or did you free intl shipping?
I havent clicked on the paypal request yet, still deciding on whether to go ahead or not.

If some members here have recieved free intl shipping I might have to fight for my rights & see if i can get them to budge.

cheers

dorkus_molorkus,

darkrom

Great Scott!
dorkus_molorkus said:
I knew it was too good to be true.

Got a call at 4am this morning from vaperforweed saying that their website is not displaying int shipping & if i want my solo its another $35usd for delivery.

Has this happened to anyone else or did you free intl shipping?
I havent clicked on the paypal request yet, still deciding on whether to go ahead or not.

If some members here have recieved free intl shipping I might have to fight for my rights & see if i can get them to budge.

cheers

Hey I'm trying to order some stems and a case. From CANADA to the US rockwise.net charges $30. Your paying $5 more than me to get it shipped around the world lol.

darkrom,

jackmormon

Questions for Solo owners-

It looks like the herb comes into contact with the heating element? Does the heating element get gunked up? Can it be cleaned? Just curious as I am contemplating ordering one.

Thanks.

jackmormon,

dorkus_molorkus

Didnt mean to sound hard done by ( I know its still a great deal), I just was wondering if other had got free intl shipping or not (as sort of advertised & invoiced)

I have factored in the $30 shipping from rockwise when all the accessories are in stock & I will buy the lot in one go.
shipping is a fact of life when shopping online & the cost of shipping is a large factor in making these decisions.
I personally was high fiveing the air when the invoice was generated without the shipping cost and I got the impression that there were some others that had recieved their solo via intl shipping as per the invoice price of free shipping.

So, I just wanna check that I am getting the same deal as anyone else thats buying from vapeforweed that is located internationally.

cheers

dorkus_molorkus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
jackmormon said:
Questions for Solo owners-

It looks like the herb comes into contact with the heating element? Does the heating element get gunked up? Can it be cleaned? Just curious as I am contemplating ordering one.

Thanks.

It looks a bit plasticy in there tbh, polished ceramic I guess. Nothing sticks to it, so far just blowing in it is enough to keep it looking clean. Actually, it still looks brand new in there, funny.

OhTheAgony,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
I also got the call and have already payed the extra. Annoyng that the checkout doesn't recognize international shipping. I'm not sure in the legalities of asking for shipping after the sale when there is absolutely no mention anywhere on the site that the free shipping offer did not apply to international customers. I am a kittle disgruntled but not to the point where I will hold up my shipment or change my mind. Still only comes to around $230 AUD which is a ripper price considering lots have payed 300.

Can't wait to give this vape a run for it's money

psyshaman,
Reactions: Whisper

jackmormon

Thanks OhTheAgony.

What are people's opinion on the taste with the Solo? Does every strain taste the same like an HA or do you get recognizable/different flavors like with a Lotus?

jackmormon,

dorkus_molorkus

psyshaman said:
I also got the call and have already payed the extra. Annoyng that the checkout doesn't recognize international shipping. I'm not sure in the legalities of asking for shipping after the sale when there is absolutely no mention anywhere on the site that the free shipping offer did not apply to international customers. I am a kittle disgruntled but not to the point where I will hold up my shipment or change my mind. Still only comes to around $230 AUD which is a ripper price considering lots have payed 300.

Can't wait to give this vape a run for it's money

cool, thanks for the feedback. and you are 100% correct its still a great deal.

paying hte invoice now.

thankyou for your reply so quick.

cheers

dorkus_molorkus,

darkrom

Great Scott!
jackmormon said:
Thanks OhTheAgony.

What are people's opinion on the taste with the Solo? Does every strain taste the same like an HA or do you get recognizable/different flavors like with a Lotus?

I'd say you can taste differences in strains. I had 2 very different tasting strains today.

darkrom,

Kelblow

Well I followed advvice from Willeh last night and tried some concentrates sandwhiched between herbs.It produced almost SSV style clouds,and just kept on going and going until I almost had to give up as I was getting totally battered by the thing.I even asked the solo to give me a break at one point.
Thanks for the tip Willeh.You is da Man!!!!

Kelblow,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have noticed that while vaping un-ground nuggets in the solo, there are plenty of hits to be had by flipping the load when the vapor starts to thin out. Kinda like flipping a pancake so that both sides get equal heat treatment. Just remove the partially vaped nug, flip it over and put it back in the glass stem to get a few more satisfying pulls.

I still believe that using ground herb with a screen will give slightly better results, but only just. I like the whole nug method because you don't have to grind, no screen needs to be fashioned and inserted, loading and emptying is slightly easier (of a whole nug vs. ground material), and you don't get any particles in your stem and/or throat.

At the end of the day, this unit allows for options and each person kind find what works best for them.

:peace:

ShadowLink12

Activist
Stu said:
I have noticed that while vaping un-ground nuggets in the solo, there are plenty of hits to be had by flipping the load when the vapor starts to thin out. Kinda like flipping a pancake so that both sides get equal heat treatment. Just remove the partially vaped nug, flip it over and put it back in the glass stem to get a few more satisfying pulls.

I still believe that using ground herb with a screen will give slightly better results, but only just. I like the whole nug method because you don't have to grind, no screen needs to be fashioned and inserted, loading and emptying is slightly easier (of a whole nug vs. ground material), and you don't get any particles in your stem and/or throat.

At the end of the day, this unit allows for options and each person kind find what works best for them.

:peace:

I still have not tried unground nugs, but I do like a much more coarse grind than usual. I have a really nice 4pc grinder that has a crank on the top that I only really use for occasionally rolling joints for bigger groups of people that still are not into vaping. This grinder gives a nice consistent grind with little effort, but I have always found the grind to not be fine enough for optimal vaping. It is perfect for the solo, I still get great results as far as amount of hits and how evenly it is vaped, but with 2 clear advantages .

The first, is that the herb stays in the stem and less falls into the heating chamber. The 2nd is that the stem gets less harsh over time. I have found that if you have a really fine grind, after the first few hits it gets very harsh/hot and tastes pretty terrible. Now I would say how fast the taste and quality of hits gets bad is my biggest pet peeve with the solo, but the issue is less pronounced with a coarser grind.

ShadowLink12,
Top Bottom