Arizer Solo

sickmanfraud

Looking for some advice: Want to get a Solo or Air. Can't decide which to get. I can get a Solo for $130 & Air for $150. Don't need to use on the go, just at home. Replaceable battery on Air is nice, but not a decision maker. I like the larger battery/less charging on the Solo. Any help?

Solo. I have both and, like @OF I use the Solo more.

OF

thanks for the advice. Just grabbed an air.

You should be very happy with it, if not you can blame Ataxian........

We do that a lot around here, some refer to it as 'shooting fish in a rain barrel' others simply consider it type casting. However you see him, he's a good guy and a great resource around here, unless you're made of glass of course.

Let us know how it works out? TIA

OF

Leathersmith

Looking for some advice: Want to get a Solo or Air. Can't decide which to get. I can get a Solo for $130 & Air for $150. Don't need to use on the go, just at home. Replaceable battery on Air is nice, but not a decision maker. I like the larger battery/less charging on the Solo. Any help?

Personally, I would recommend the Solo for in home use.. My Air is my mobile rig... and as far as stealth goes.. get a Pax.. looks a lot less like a 'device' than either of the Arizer products. The Solo (I think) has more battery longevity than the Air, but if you carry a spare battery, no biggie.. anyway.. (sorry.. stoned..er I mean medicated)... The Solo is much better for the living room rig. I'd take it over their desktop rig any day.

ls

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You should be very happy with it, if not you can blame Ataxian........

We do that a lot around here, some refer to it as 'shooting fish in a rain barrel' others simply consider it type casting. However you see him, he's a good guy and a great resource around here, unless you're made of glass of course.

Let us know how it works out? TIA

OF
Yes I'm GUITY of SOLO MAXFLIGHT.
Whatever rocks your world?
The SOLO is the most BANG for the $.

I have my option of course.

Be CIVILIZED at least!

@OF the GIZMO is still CHILL'N! (use it every week)
@Quetzalcoatl you have one?

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yes I'm GUITY of SOLO MAXFLIGHT.
Whatever rocks your world?
The SOLO is the most BANG for the $.

I have my option of course.

Be CIVILIZED at least!

@OF the GIZMO is still CHILL'N! (use it every week)
@Quetzalcoatl you have one?
Sure do, love it. I don't use it too much lately because my Solo is on the power adapter I made! But better charging than the other one and it cuts off a bit before full!

OF

Can anyone think of reasons to have 3 Solo's? 2 is nice because you aren't out when you need a charge, but what advantage would there be in having 3?

Sure, I have one that's almost always loaned out, and another 'loaner' (new model) that is out maybe half the time? Right now, both are in the hands of new users. I have my backup packed up and ready to grab on the way out (I use it a few times a year when visiting friends, nice to know it's all in the bag ready to go:
ChB3ycM.jpg

That was my initial feeling, but I'm looking for a little more. Like if there was an apocalypse or something and I had to have years of supplies squirreled away in the bunker, only believable, you know?

With you there as well. I have an emergency one, still in the box but tested, that I got for $75 from PIUs 'Last call' page a while back (refurb return). This is because it, like most of the others, is the old version ("true PA"), which is IMO superior but no longer made. A replacement in case one dies (as unlikely as that seems to be).

I really only use one at a time, I watch the charge level and recharge before the need. I just looked, I have two 'out', one in normal use (in fact later today.....), the other has the WTA on it from the last WT vaping adventure.

I'm fine with having several, more so since I didn't pay full price for most of them?

Personal call, of course. Many guys are served just as well by a single vape.

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have the older version Solo, a Solo I bought with the new upgrades back in 2014 and a Soko I bought from PIU last call I I bought for $55. All three are still working. I did give the PIU last call Solo to my brother. I'm trying to get him to fuckcombustion.
I have several other vaporizers as well.

When the newer model Solo 2 comes out I may buy one. I just spent $500 on VAS!:2c::D Maybe in a couple months depending when the new model comes out. I am interested.

blackstone

Can anyone think of reasons to have 3 Solo's? 2 is nice because you aren't out when you need a charge, but what advantage would there be in having 3?

Leave one in the bathroom, study or workshop and it will save you having to take a vape with you? It will just look like a deodorant can.
Maybe you can use it to warm essential oils somewhere after you've been vaping or cooking?
Are you considering a Solo II ? Maybe sell one Solo?

Buzzbomb Almighty

Leave one in the bathroom, study or workshop and it will save you having to take a vape with you? It will just look like a deodorant can.
Maybe you can use it to warm essential oils somewhere after you've been vaping or cooking?
Are you considering a Solo II ? Maybe sell one Solo?
Lol @ essential oils! :lol: I think I'm going to hold off; the seller agracancorp (same guy I got the first 2 from) is giving a free grinder and an extra stem and grinders don't last forever, but if I buy it and don't use it I'm just burning the warranty, I use a camera bag like OF but I carry 2 solos and a pinnacle and a bag of glass and a bunch of other stuff. Who knows, maybe I'll find something that delivers the sort of bang I'm getting from using a bubbler without the inconvenience, in which case that might be a better choice. I could order the Solo in an hour too, you never know. I got a GST cheque and pulled a good Nevada ticket at the club so it wouldn't be too hard.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Lol @ essential oils! :lol: I think I'm going to hold off; the seller agracancorp (same guy I got the first 2 from) is giving a free grinder and an extra stem and grinders don't last forever, but if I buy it and don't use it I'm just burning the warranty, I use a camera bag like OF but I carry 2 solos and a pinnacle and a bag of glass and a bunch of other stuff. Who knows, maybe I'll find something that delivers the sort of bang I'm getting from using a bubbler without the inconvenience, in which case that might be a better choice. I could order the Solo in an hour too, you never know. I got a GST cheque and pulled a good Nevada ticket at the club so it wouldn't be too hard.
taPuTqo.jpg

SOLO WAKE & VAKE = I USE Something smaller
normally glass wise. (I'm not normal)!

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Thanks to @Vitolo who sent me some Solo parts, I am using my black Solo again. Both Solos now have the high capacity 3400 mah batteries. I too have the EQ, but use the Solo more often.
I have a feeling that some failures may be due to even small amonts of water leaking from water tools. Boiling water may be enough to compromise the wire glue that holds the wire in contact with the heater "donut".

Last edited:

Buzzbomb Almighty

Thanks to @Vitolo who sent me some Solo parts, I am using my black Solo again. Both Solos now have the high capacity 3400 mah batteries. I too have the EQ, but use the Solo more often.
I have a feeling that some failures may be due to even small amonts of water leaking from water tools. Boiling water may be enough to compromise the wire glue that holds the wire in contact with the heater "donut".
As soon as I got my bubbler around a year ago I had an accident; with too much water and using a stem instead of a gong either tried to turn it upside down or tilted it, flooding the bowl - cloud of steam, hisss, and snapped the bowl off the stem. One hit wonder (good hit too) but other than discolouring the oven I seem to have gotten away without damage.
I ordered my 3rd Solo yesterday, (hey, I gave it 20 hrs thought), please keep those reasons and rationalisations pouring in! Looks like Solo2 will be about $90 Cdn more than the Solo. https://agracan.com/arizer-solo-ii

Last edited:

blackstone

What I found last night, is that all Namaste webshops have included the Solo in their 420 deals at 20% off retail.
Maybe also to make some room for Solo II?!
It looks like PV (Canada) sells it at 14% off by default and so does the shop Buzzbomb linked to Agracan but with good extras, so shop around still!
But in many other regions this is a good deal on a shipped Solo.

At these prices, I almost consider buying a new unit instead of a battery and a stem for my old chipped up one!

I ordered my 3rd Solo yesterday, (hey, I gave it 20 hrs thought), please keep those reasons and rationalisations pouring in!

When asked about the new indents machined into the bowl on NLE, I believe Arizer said that all these newer updates will make their way to the Solo at some stage.
If we receive one of these newer ones. or find a way to swap it for a newer one sometime, we'd have the up to date features of a NLE for less money!
That's what I'm telling myself anyway,
hope it adds some excitement for you too!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
As soon as I got my bubbler around a year ago I had an accident; with too much water and using a stem instead of a gong either tried to turn it upside down or tilted it, flooding the bowl - cloud of steam, hisss, and snapped the bowl off the stem. One hit wonder (good hit too) but other than discolouring the oven I seem to have gotten away without damage.
I ordered my 3rd Solo yesterday, (hey, I gave it 20 hrs thought), please keep those reasons and rationalisations pouring in! Looks like Solo2 will be about $90 Cdn more than the Solo. https://agracan.com/arizer-solo-ii
l8bByNs.jpg

I'm new to WATER PATH VAPORIZING however I do find a smaller bubbler works well with a SOLO.

Top Bottom