Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I doubt that zymos because as OF just explained it is discharging while charging. If you have zero battery left I doubt it will work. It doesn't even work with the old models on a PA if the battery is dead as it uses some battery during the sessions. It is not a true by pass.

jasong

Here's what I do. I turn on the heater while it's still plugged in until it gets to my heat setting. Then I unplug and run my session then re plug it in until it's charged again

zymos

I doubt that zymos because as OF just explained it is discharging while charging. If you have zero battery left I doubt it will work. It doesn't even work with the old models on a PA if the battery is dead as it uses some battery during the sessions. It is not a true by pass.

OK, whatever. The batteries were dead enough that the Solo would not heat. I plugged it into the charger and it DID heat.

zymos,

vv132

Hey so i literally just got my solo(first vape) in, 2 days thanks to randy at piu, and there wasnt really directions for first time charge. So I dont want to mess this thing up. might be stupid question.

So first time charge, I plugged it in I have a M1D unit, charging green light is flashing and idle blue light is steady on, which is what instructions said, but the heat indicator numbered lights are also lit, started at 3 and now is up to 7, unit is still flashing green (guessing still charging). Is this fine, or is the unit right now with heat?

Also i should run the unit on for complete 12 min cycle before i insert stem for first time right?

thanks

Caligula

Maximus
Pull the plug before the green light stops flashing and goes solid. This will make sure you aren't topping the battery off at 100% charge. This will save battery live by a considerable amount.

Basically, you're getting way more charges over the life of the unit by sacrificing 1 sessions worth of battery life per charge.

Caligula,
Reactions: OF

vv132

how am i supposed to know when the green light is about to stop flashing? just after using it bunch of times? or after amber light reaches 7?

vv132,
Reactions: poonman

poonman

you don't .
that's why I say , just charge it fully until the green light stops blinking .
it won't hurt , how is any new owner suppose to know .

Otherwise it would be recommended for All LI battery operated vapes . jmo

spoutti

About original batteries. I use my 2 solos exclusively on battery daily all day and im down to about 4 sessions after 6 months. Still ok, but im waiting for my hc battery pack from centizen. I guess those having a good charge on their solos after 1 year+ are using a lot of PA. Im curious to see if the newer model's battery pack will perform the same, longer, or die sooner. My guess goes with OF, using a PA will extend the life of the battery pack.

Caligula

Maximus
how am i supposed to know when the green light is about to stop flashing? just after using it bunch of times? or after amber light reaches 7?

I didnt say pull the plug when the light is "about to stop flashing". Whenever you see the charge level indicator hit "7", pull the plug (its actually best to do this as as soon as it hits 7 rather than later in the charge cycle).

The LED indicator will actually sit at a flashing green light for quite a while on #7 as it "tops off". Try not to let it do that. By doing this you are taking your battery life from a triple digit recharge number to a four digit recharge number. Well worth the extra attention IMO since you are getting hundreds more uses out of your battery... but you aren't going to hurt anything by letting it sit on the charger until its solid green by any means.

Caligula,

OF

you don't .
that's why I say , just charge it fully until the green light stops blinking .
it won't hurt , how is any new owner suppose to know .

Otherwise it would be recommended for All LI battery operated vapes . jmo

But it does cost battery life. It does 'hurt', and IMO big time.

And it's not only recommended here (for some) but in all Li-ion applications......it has to do with the battery chemistry, not the kind of unit it's used in.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

If you wait until the top (of 7) is lit but before the charge light stops flashing you know you're more than 80% charged where you get four times the battery life at a cost of less than two sessions per cycle.

Your call, but it does definitely prolong the battery life as we've been through a few times. Every time you do it you get one or more 'free recharges' before your battery dies.........

OF

OF

Ok @OF ,
Maybe I'll try that on my next Solo .

But for those of us that fully charged before using .
Do not worry , the Solo Rocks .
My M107 is 2 years old and counting .

You raise an excellent point, Solo is a great vape no matter how you slice it. The battery is protected from the worst kinds of abuse, most guys will have no troubles in LOTS of use.

It's quite possible to get too hung up in making a good thing even better and miss the whole goal to start with.......which was to enjoy? Some guys will do that by ignoring such details, others by focusing on them.

Thanks.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Solo is a great vape no matter how you slice it.
It's quite possible to get too hung up in making a good thing even better and miss the whole goal to start with.......which was to enjoy? Some guys will do that by ignoring such details, others by focusing on them.
Thanks.
OF
Here I sit in a grass hut in the South Pacific without my SOLO!
Don't change my SOLO!
I do miss her dearly!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Not having tried one, I'm thinking that Arizer recently modified the heater's 4-hole's size to match with an apparent majority or (segment) preference for a lighter easier draw. The change may serve to increase positive market image and eventually overshadow the negative perception that a "milkshake" type draw has generated among many, pre & post initial use. This may eventually somewhat limit the PVHES stem/GonG market cornered by Planetvape.com, IDK? All speculation I admit.

The new battery PA/Charger setup also seems to be a marketing adjustment based on the apparent demand for AIO (e.g., Pipe's and Tim's) systems, just here on FC; a small but notable market sample that calls out for more on a more global scale. As far as extending battery life with the new model, whether a simple fact or not, should only give minor pluses to Arizer's bottom line. The new Arizer AIO now has the wider market appeal due to convenience; second to that is the battery life advantage. Just more speculation:rolleyes:. Conversation pieces all:2c:.

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
Okay, I admit that I haven't been giving my Solo as much love as I had before because of my new E Nano desktop. That being said, I decided to have a "Solo only" (not counting concentrates) day. All findings are strictly anecdotal and need to be taken as such. I should also state that I am not sure what my previous unit's model number was. I do know that it had the older "copper" colored heater base and the smaller air holes. Both that unit and the new one came from PIU's new stock (at the time).

I should also note that my previous unit was less than 3 months old before it died and was sent back to PIU for RMA.

Anyway, having spent the day with the Solo I think I have a better feel for how the two units operate... and from what I see, the new unit does almost everything better. Here's my quantification for the matter:

• My new unit heats up quicker. While its not one of those broken/magic units that go from idle to "7" in 20 seconds, this unit heats up noticeably faster than my old one from a cold start. Point: M1D2

• Unit extracts bowls quicker. I am using the exact same stems that came with my original unit, and am loading them in the same manner. Over the 3 months that I had my previous unit, I would routinely need the full 12 minute timer to extract a bowl to my liking. Sometimes even more, depending on how tight I packed it, the bud, etc... Every time I have packed a bowl in the new M1D2 unit (I've tried 4 different strains) the bowl has been depleted well before the 12 minute mark. Point: M1D2

• Extraction is more efficient. I am also getting a more consistent extraction from this new model. The ABV is a darker brown, and is more even throughout the load. This is in spite of shorter session times. Point: M1D2

• Stock gasket/o-ring seems to be more durable. Now remember, I only have one Solo to compare to this new one, however I distinctly remember my stem becoming noticeable looser after just 1 or 2 sessions. I've been hammering this new one all day and it seems to be rather snug still. And this isnt the first day of use for the Solo either. I've had it for a little while now. Point: M1D2
Now, granted the honeymoon isn't over with this unit yet, and all I can offer are these initial experiences based on less than a week of ownership. However I did want to put this out there for people interested and for prosperity.

Last edited:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Okay, I admit that I haven't been giving my Solo as much love as I had before because of my new E Nano desktop. That being said, I decided to have a "Solo only" (not counting concentrates) day. All findings are strictly anecdotal and need to be taken as such. I should also state that I am not sure what my previous unit's model number was. I do know that it had the older "copper" colored heater base and the smaller air holes. Both that unit and the new one came from PIU's new stock (at the time).

I should also note that my previous unit was less than 3 months old before it died and was sent back to PIU for RMA.

Anyway, having spent the day with the Solo I think I have a better feel for how the two units operate... and from what I see, the new unit does almost everything better. Here's my quantification for the matter:

• My new unit heats up quicker. While its not one of those broken/magic units that go from idle to "7" in 20 seconds, this unit heats up noticeably faster than my old one from a cold start. Point: M1D2

• Unit extracts bowls quicker. I am using the exact stems that came with my original unit. Over the 3 months that I had my previous unit, I would routinely need the full 12 minute timer to extract a bowl to my liking. Sometimes even more, depending on how tight I packed it, the bud, etc... Every time I have packed a bowl in the new M1D2 unit (I've tried 4 different strains) the bowl has been depleted well before the 12 minute mark. Point: M1D2

• Extraction is more efficient. I am also getting a more consistent extraction from this new model. The ABV is a darker brown, and is more even throughout the load. This is in spite of shorter session times. Point: M1D2

• Stock gasket/o-ring seems to be more durable. Now remember, I only have one Solo to compare to this new one, howver I distinctly remember my stem becoming noticeable looser after just 1 or 2 sessions. I've been hammering this new one all day and it seems to be rather snug still. And this isnt the first day of use for the Solo either. I've had it for a little while now. Point: M1D2
Now, granted the honeymoon isn't over with this unit yet, and all I can offer is these initial experience based on less than a week of ownership. However I did want to put this out there for people interested and for prosperity.
Well you are definately making me think about a second unit.......darn it...and I was with OF....don't need another, don't need another, don't need another....those words seem to be getting weaker and weaker....
You hit a lot of good points.
How about clouds and taste compare?

Caligula

Maximus
Well you are definately making me think about a second unit.......darn it...and I was with OF....don't need another, don't need another, don't need another....those words seem to be getting weaker and weaker....
You hit a lot of good points.
How about clouds and taste compare?

Funny you ask. It may be due to technique, the bud, a perfect storm of that and a lucky load... IDK... However I got some of the thickest clouds I have ever gotten out of my Solo today. And this is with a bud (the same batch) that I used in both the old unit and the new one. Its been sitting almost untouched in a Jyarz container because my Nano likes nugs and this stuff was preground.

Im high and thats TMI, sorry...

Anyway, flavor is the same. Clouds have been thicker/larger within this limited field of experience. Interesting that it only took a days worth of use to produce clouds that were more impressive than anything I got over 2+ months of use with the old unit?

Not sure...

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker

• Unit extracts bowls quicker. I am using the exact same stems that came with my original unit, and am loading them in the same manner. Over the 3 months that I had my previous unit, I would routinely need the full 12 minute timer to extract a bowl to my liking. Sometimes even more, depending on how tight I packed it, the bud, etc... Every time I have packed a bowl in the new M1D2 unit (I've tried 4 different strains) the bowl has been depleted well before the 12 minute mark. Point: M1D2

• Stock gasket/o-ring seems to be more durable. Now remember, I only have one Solo to compare to this new one, however I distinctly remember my stem becoming noticeable looser after just 1 or 2 sessions. I've been hammering this new one all day and it seems to be rather snug still. And this isnt the first day of use for the Solo either. I've had it for a little while now. Point: M1D2
Now, granted the honeymoon isn't over with this unit yet, and all I can offer are these initial experiences based on less than a week of ownership. However I did want to put this out there for people interested and for prosperity.
You've just trumped all speculation in my post above with some REAL EVIDENCE that shows Arizer's commitment to an ever better Solo that goes far beyond segment-specific marketing. Thanks for clarifying some of the new vs older Solo questions!

Caligula

Maximus
Again, I don't want to mislead anyone. I haven't done any quantitative scientific measuring of anything. This is just going off of personal experience, and its limited experience at that. Of course I will follow up with any pertinent information as it comes up in my daily uses.

Just throwing that out there to anyone who read what I wrote and is taking it as gospel.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You get wifi in a grass hut?
The island is 11.5 acres, solar powered, plus Wi Fi and lots of toys!
No TV and no cannabis!
Our Hut is made of coral walls and a Palm leaf roof.
The ocean is 85f.

I have 2 SOLO'S however I will get a 3rd one this year based on your review.
Plus a new water pipe like the one you posted.
Thank you for keeping me aware of what's up!

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
The island is 11.5 acres, solar powered, plus Wi Fi and lots of toys!
No TV and no cannabis!
Our Hut is made of coral walls and a Palm leaf roof.
The ocean is 85f.

I have 2 SOLO'S however I will get a 3rd one this year based on your review.
Plus a new water pipe like the one you posted.
Thank you for keeping me aware of what's up!
Wow, 11.5 acres is tiny. How'd you get there? A 3 day cruise?
Sounds great, except for no cannabis. How did that happen?

Top Bottom