Arizer Solo

EVlL 55

With you there, I'll take dumb luck and treachery every time.

I also agree, spares on hand have a way of keeping the failures under control. OTOH, getting exposed is inviting Murphy......and he drinks.....

OF
Hello all,..im new,..and not sure if im even in the right spot,..if so,..great,..if no?...im sorry.

But i was readin up on the solo,..got mine yesterday,..stems are bad imo,..i love that it glass,..but its looser than a hooker on sat. Night 1 day in!!
I ordered my o rings,...but i found that using a 5.5 slotted downstem from my old cheech with a vapir no2 screen placed on the bottom fits perfectly and is tight,..not to tight tho,..a little wiggle,..its nice,..and ghe glass stem is thick,...plus the diffusion slitts sit exactly around the slot where the o ring should be,...these slots in the stem allow just enuff airflow for a comfortable,..thick milky draw.
Its a suggestion....but i think id rather keep the glass aspect intact vs. possibly a melt situation.
Thanks for your time.
Chris.

EVlL 55,
Reactions: ataxian
My glass stems are normally crystal clear however I pulled out the stock stem that I haven't use for a couple of weeks since I received the PHVES stem. It has a screen installed however I see that I'm lagging big time.
Some guys can make a gram of flowers last a month? How? Why? Weird?
30 grams a month average for me?
What am I doing wrong?
Why am I so happy?

I only vaporized 0.8 gram today however the CO2 OIL made up the difference.
How do people do 1 gram a month?
I find that like someone who drinks a bottle of wine per month?

How do people do it?
I don't get it?
I'm down to about 3 grams a day and I thought I was doing good hopefully the Evo will lower it A little more

Cannabis Connoisseur,

EVlL 55

I'm down to about 3 grams a day and I thought I was doing good hopefully the Evo will lower it A little more
I was wondering that myself....
I do admit i miss the initial boooom off the nail,..or thru a mobius perced glass piece....
But w/ the vape aspect,...it seems to be a heavier expierience,..even using strictly sativas i still turn to cement thru the vape.
I do notice a huuuge differance in my amounts tho being much less via vaporization.
I recently came across a lucky bounce snatchin up a big pull of GTH.( ghost train haze)....
...i had to cure,...and store most because om not plowin thru it like i was combusting.

EVlL 55,

Nick3r

Hi guys,

I'm totally new here. I have a few questions about my new Arizer solo. I just got the unit yesterday.

I tried it with Thai marijuana. At temperature 1-6, nothing happened, no vapor, and i didnt fell any heat at all. At temp 210c or setting 7, i got very very small vapor out of it, smelled nice, but i felt nothing.

I want to know what is it i'm doing wrong, why is it not working.

I use the solo with marijuana in the picture below. Had tried using both a grinder and my fingers to prepare it. Tried all settings of temperature. Do everything as in instructed.

My thoughts.
1. My stuff is not good for vaping?
Does vaping need buds only? can you tell from the picture if it is good for vaping or not?
When i vaped at 210c, the weed became even more crisp and blackened. but there was no vapor or smoke. and i didnt really feel anything.

2. the unit is not working as it should
The stem gets hot when the unit is on. i get little amount of heat when vaping at temp 7.
How do i know that the unit is heating up to the correct temperature?

What do you guys think?

This is my first vaporizer and I want it to work! Thanks!!:spliff:
thai-weed-0.jpg

Nick3r,
Reactions: Kuzmich

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
That bud looks nice @Nick3r but it also looks wet. Grind some up and let it dry and that should help. It does sound like user error so never fear we are here to help and you will get over the learning curve. You already got your stem in which is no easy trick so you are ahead of the game. You will want to use a very slow draw especially when new as there is more restriction. To be continued when you report back.

EVlL 55

No offensive material. Please do not make posts that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist or discriminatory.
Hi guys,

I'm totally new here. I have a few questions about my new Arizer solo. I just got the unit yesterday.

I tried it with Thai marijuana. At temperature 1-6, nothing happened, no vapor, and i didnt fell any heat at all. At temp 210c or setting 7, i got very very small vapor out of it, smelled nice, but i felt nothing.

I use the solo with marijuana in the picture below. Had tried using both a grinder and my fingers to prepare it. Tried all settings of temperature. Do everything as in instructed.

My thoughts.
Does vaping need buds only? can you tell from the picture if it is good for vaping or not?
When i vaped at 210c, the weed became even more crisp and blackened. but there was no vapor or smoke. and i didnt really feel anything.

The stem gets hot when the unit is on. i get little amount of heat when vaping at temp 7.

What do you guys think?

thai-weed-0.jpg
I remember kicking my own ass When i realized i didnt charge it initially,...i was that stoked for it....lol.
Took a while,....like 3+ i guess,..
When you first push both buttons to turn it in the light on the 1-7 will initially tell you the charge...its quick but youll know,...also,..damn stems....you gotta make sure that fuckers in there,..and even then shes loose.
Theres a cat ed whos sells wood stems,...i saw a couple on here,..i ordered one,..and o rings,...lol.
Seems like alot to get her goin,..i know,..especially new,...but when its on,..its awesome,..
I have a forced air vaperfection,...and a vapir no2(which is great,..but screens are a pain) and this is the best.
No2 flavor,..being brass elemented,..has superior flavor but only by a hair.
Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
EVlL 55,
Reactions: Nick3r

Jab

king krish said:
Try Vapefiend.co.uk they got free shipping and really good service, Im from UK and will be buying my vaporizers from there in the future.
Thanks! Their prices are very steep though. They're asking $243 for the Solo.. which is almost twice as much as I paid for mine (including shipping).

Dreamerr

Jab sometimes it is worth it for the service and besides you didn't ask if they price match the $160 that pv and puffitup charge and they more then likely will I would guess since they are carrying pv stems. Also you can ask for an fc discount if they have one.

Nick3r

That bud looks nice @@Nick3r but it also looks wet. Grind some up and let it dry and that should help. It does sound like user error so never fear we are here to help and you will get over the learning curve. You already got your stem in which is no easy trick so you are ahead of the game. You will want to use a very slow draw especially when new as there is more restriction. To be continued when you report back.

Thanks @Dreamerr. I think it's something about my bud. It's Thai stick. Not sure if it was processed differently.
I did all slow draws, quick draws, puffs, anything i can try, same results. I will try letting it dry though.

I remember kicking my own ass When i realized i didnt charge it initially,...i was that stoked for it....lol.
Took a while,....like 3+ i guess,..
When you first push both buttons to turn it in the light on the 1-7 will initially tell you the charge...its quick but youll know,...also,..damn stems....you gotta make sure that fuckers in there,..and even then shes loose.
Theres a cat ed whos sells wood stems,...i saw a couple on here,..i ordered one,..and o rings,...lol.
Seems like alot to get her goin,..i know,..especially new,...but when its on,..its awesome,..
I have a forced air vaperfection,...and a vapir no2(which is great,..but screens are a pain) and this is the best.
No2 flavor,..being brass elemented,..has superior flavor but only by a cunt hair.
Hope that helps.

mine was charged and stems aint loose. really need to get her going here. lol
thanks @EVlL 55

Nick3r,
Reactions: Dreamerr

EVlL 55

Thanks @Dreamerr. I think it's something about my bud. It's Thai stick. Not sure if it was processed differently.
I did all slow draws, quick draws, puffs, anything i can try, same results. I will try letting it dry though.

mine was charged and stems aint loose. really need to get her going here. lol
thanks @EVlL 55
Absolutely.

EVlL 55,

Detonator

Hi guys,

My thoughts.

What do you guys think?

thai-weed-0.jpg
this looks like fake weed, like the bullshit the guys downtown used to say was thai. and the way you keep spelling out Marijuana leads me to believe your new to this... doess it work when you smoke it?

Nick3r

this looks like fake weed, like the bullshit the guys downtown used to say was thai. and the way you keep spelling out Marijuana leads me to believe your new to this... doess it work when you smoke it?

lol whats wrong with my spelling? it's not fake. it works fine when smoked.
i'm actually from Thailand. and yes im new to this. Thanks tho. @Detonator

Last edited:
Nick3r,

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
Try Vapefiend.co.uk they got free shipping and really good service, Im from UK and will be buying my vaporizers from there in the future.

thanks, prices seem ok but again I'd have to import.. maybe that's the answer why we don't have massdrop etc.. our markets are still to divided..monetary, legally, etc..... :spliff:

Edit: I converted prices wrong, thanks @Jab

Last edited:
vakedcow,
Reactions: Jab

Chill Dude

@Nick3r If you aren't already, try drying, grinding, and letting the Solo heat up for 3-5 minutes before drawing.

I agree! When I get weed that's a little too moist for vaporization, but I need to medicate Immediately ...here's what I do. Tear off a little nug maybe .25g and blow dry that little fucker for a couple minutes. Then grind it up nice and fine. Then insert the stem and as Adobewan said heat it up for 3 minutes or so before drawing and you should be blowing some thick clouds my friend. If not, the problem is something other than your weed. Good luck.."

Oh yeah, keep the blow dryer on low and hold it about 10" from your nug so as not to blow off any trichomes.....

Chill Dude,

Jab

Jab sometimes it is worth it for the service and besides you didn't ask if they price match the $160 that pv and puffitup charge and they more then likely will I would guess since they are carrying pv stems. Also you can ask for an fc discount if they have one.
I agree, I wouldn't mind paying more for the convenience. That being said, $243 overshoots my definition of "more" by quite a margin :whip:<- which doesn't take away from my appreciation of @king krish' heads-up.

Chill Dude

Caligula, I don't now if you're old enough to remember the Thai Sticks of the late 70s trough the mid- eighties...but the weed looked like Nick3r's pic except maybe a little darker. Back in the day, the Thai Sticks were actually tied to a stick with string. The weed was very strong.. Rumor has it that they were dipped in an opium solution that's why they were so sticky....and did I say potent!!

No I never heard of wizard smoke, but I do remember being 14 when I purchased my first bag of weed. It was Oregano. I thought it smelled a little spicy LOL...

Caligula

Maximus
No I never heard of wizard smoke, but I do remember being 14 when I purchased my first bag of weed. It was Oregano. I thought it smelled a little spicy LOL...

Nope, Im an 80s child, and this is a 90s product. They used to take out full page ads in HT. IDK if they still do, its been over a decade since Ive picked up a copy.

ad09s.jpg

wizard-classic-bag-lg.jpg

And no, this stuff wasnt like the new "synthetic MJ bath salt WTF ever" stuff they have now. Im not sure WTF it was made of, but it sure didnt get you high. In fact it didnt do anything but ruin your bong/pipe with a smell that never went away. I made the mistake of buying some once at a head shop when I was much, much younger. I stress ONCE.

...now that I'm older I am 99% sure they made most of their money from people who would resell it on the street as legit weed. I cant see why else they would offer POUNDS of this stuff.

Last edited:
Caligula,

Dreamerr

I think nicks stuff looks divine except for the seeds. I actually got some the other day with red string as well. People do tie there plants you know and not everyone gets all the string off. I found two small pieces. I also said it looks wet and needs to be dried.

@Jab did you miss the part about asking for an fc discount or price match. It may end up a lot closer and worth it. Also import tax and border fees or whatever else crap they pay can outweigh the extra even by that margin as he just said it would cost $60 bucks to send it back. You have to weigh all the factors not just some to come up with what you are comfortable with. It is also a time issue....fast from vapefiend cause closer and really slow from usa or where ever...even slower I would think from arizer itself. That turnaround can be long just at the shop alone.

Now can we all just go vape :nod:

Nick3r

@Nick3r If you aren't already, try drying, grinding, and letting the Solo heat up for 3-5 minutes before drawing.
I will definitely try this. thanks! @Adobewan

I agree! When I get weed that's a little too moist for vaporization, but I need to medicate Immediately ...here's what I do. Tear off a little nug maybe .25g and blow dry that little fucker for a couple minutes. Then grind it up nice and fine. Then insert the stem and as Adobewan said heat it up for 3 minutes or so before drawing and you should be blowing some thick clouds my friend. If not, the problem is something other than your weed. Good luck.."

Oh yeah, keep the blow dryer on low and hold it about 10" from your nug so as not to blow off any trichomes.....
Thank you! @Chill Dude

Caligula, I don't now if you're old enough to remember the Thai Sticks of the late 70s trough the mid- eighties...but the weed looked like Nick3r's pic except maybe a little darker. Back in the day, the Thai Sticks were actually tied to a stick with string. The weed was very strong.. Rumor has it that they were dipped in an opium solution that's why they were so sticky....and did I say potent!!

You are right. Thai sticks with red strings have been around for decades. Lots of imitators these days. Rarely find the original ones. In Thailand, these are very easy to find and lots of them are exported to other regions. I've heard that there are yellow strings and gold strings too. Don't remember where they came from.

You guys are really helpful. Thanks all.
loving this website.

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
Just received the PNWT and used for with the Solo for the first time. e-bay $69.99. What a great gift to myself. Small nipple of silicon tube on stem works until PVGong gets here.

I must get off the couch.

Top Bottom