Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
This is from someone who's only other portable is the Ascent.
Any one on the fence, Solo for price, reliability, ease of use, performance. This thing is bullet proof. It will be difficult to see where the Ascent out shine the Solo other then aesthetics/stealth and bells & whistles. Having one of each will turn into a good thing as I see each having some practicality.

I had a MFLB for my first vaporizer after I got my Medical Marijuana License it was great at first and I though this was it!
However I had to move on to a richer flavor plus all the batteries needed to operate it made it not very stealthy at all! Having said all that I'm saying is the SOLO fills a need for the medical marijuana patient!

Now I have 2 Solo's and for over 2 years I have been using these.
Maybe not built like an IPHONE however useful!

Welcome to the world of simplicity!
I have just recently got very ILL. I made an offer to ship out o-rings to people who need them. I need everyone who needs an o-ring to PM me their address and name again. USA and CANADA only.
I usually mail them out on a Friday but that was the day that the hellish symptoms started.

Both my SOLO'S are sporting the SEAL'S you sent me!

Your the best brother!

Last edited:

Gray Area

Great find! thanks. How are they on the inside/bowl area?

Don't know yet I'm afraid. Don't own one... I'm waiting for vapefiend.co.uk to get them in stock (if they don't hurry up I might try a direct order).
Not sure if anyone else has taken the plunge and ordered one(??)

Gray Area,

DBA

Received my Solo a few days ago - love it already! Cheers for all the suggestions and the brilliant info in this (massive) thread. Vapor Brothers Mini Hydrator and PVHEGonG and one of Ed's Wooden Stems on the way and Pipe's Stand & Chargers and a Weedstar Freezer Perc on the way I should hopefully be set for a long time! Shouts out to Ed, Pipes, Vaporbrothers & PuffItUp (big thumbs up for them they made a little mistake they tried to rectify it asap and are sending me a vapecase for free to make up for it)! Best customer service ever experienced period. Couldn't have been happier! I seem to find level 4 gives me dark brown abv, I'll push it up to 5 with the Ehle tube. *Edit* I needed to edit this short post 3 times after 2 bowls thru the ehle. Thumbs up!

Last edited:

malelz

Just wanted to thanks for all the great info! I've been following this thread for a few weeks now. I don't have a Solo yet, but I will be ordering it on Jan. 3rd! I feel almost like a pro already just from being here. I even know what attachments I will most likely get (after a few weeks trying it out stock to make sure I know what I want). Y'all are awesome!

Jab

Well.. damn.. my Solo died :(

I only had it for a couple of weeks (an M1B1) and I was having my 3rd session of the day, which I started with 3 lights of battery left (I always check). In the middle of the session, it just died on me and left the idle light blinking very faintly and rapidly. I plugged it into the stock charger and that caused the bottom and top lights to start blinking (slowly and clearly, alternating). Since then I tried:

- A software reset (holding both buttons for 4 secs while "charging" and then unplugging after 10 secs) which didn't help but resulted in different light shows (3 bottom lights blinking & some attempts later, the light show with all the lights). I tried this reset about 15 times.

- A hardware reset (disassembling the unit very carefully and unplugging the battery pack for a minute or so). Didn't help either. Tried it about 5 times.

I noticed that the 3-bottom-lights also light up when "charging" without the battery attached.

I'm thinking my battery died (or one of its cells) but I have no means to test it.

I'm in Europe so I'm dreading sending the thing back in (bought through massdrop so prolly gonna have to contact Arizer directly). Guess I'll have no other choice though. FUCK! (Can I curse in here?)

I lent out my Volcano to a friend and now I can't do my thang :( I couldn't have been happier with my Solo, life was grand and birds were singing along with my epic seshes with clouds aplenty! Woe is me! Mumble grumble!

If anyone has any tips, would be greatly appreciated.

:(

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
:rip:
another one bites the dust *clap*
another one bites the dust *clap* *clap*
I lent out my Volcano to a friend and now I can't do my thang :(Woe is me! Mumble grumble!

HAVE YOU A BACKUP!!!! Maybe one that doesn't even use electricity??:brow::brow::brow: I can feel your frustration...
I didn't have a backup win my Solo died last month. OF suggested getting a flame-based vape as a backup and now I have a Lotus and couldn't be happier with it. I thought it would just be something I'd keep in the drawer incase the Solo died again or the power went out but it's not. I'm using it even more than the Solo.
FUCK! (Can I curse in here?)
:nod:

Last edited:

Jab

^ It's funny, I don't usually get medicated at this hour but just knowing that my Solo is down is driving me crazy! I called my friend (the one I lent my Volcano to) and broke the bad news. He's bringing my Volcano over in an hour. I hate to do that 'cause he's trying to quit combusting, but hell I only quit back in April myself and without my vape the thought is creeping back in :(

You know why I really really don't wanna send it back in? 'Cause the shipping costs (I'm in Belgium) ánd the real risk of having to pay steep customs fees again almost makes it better to just buy a replacement. But with this unit only being a couple of weeks old, I'm... well I don't know what to do. MOTHERFUCKING FUCK! (Let's see how far I can push the cursing thing hehe).

Thanks for your kind words @Hoof Hearted. I'll look into that Lotus. Aren't you afraid there's combustion going on (at times) with those torch-powered vapes? <-- A Q perhaps better suited for the Lotus thread, but I figured I'd take my chances with this one Q ;)

Detonator

The ABV is usually totally black on the bottom from conduction, and then goes from brown to light brown and sometimes a little green at the top. This happens almost regardless of packing density.

Before I got the Ed's stem, the Solo was really mediocre in my opinion. I could hardly get any clouds at all past the first couple of hits, regardless of temperature setting.

I usually go straight for seven since I have a power adapter and I hardly get clouds in the first place.

if your avb comes our 3 colors I'm thinking that you herb is not dried out enough to begin with, especifically if your getting it from growers probly just not dry enough.. Try grinding it then putting it obn a piece of paper for and hour or so the paper will take some moisture out and it will vape better,, I didn't read the reast but yeah it different than smoking but once you GET it its nice

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

I only had it for a couple of weeks (an M1B1) and I was having my 3rd session of the day, which I started with 3 lights of battery left (I always check). In the middle of the session, it just died on me and left the idle light blinking very faintly and rapidly. I plugged it into the stock charger and that caused the bottom and top lights to start blinking (slowly and clearly, alternating). Since then I tried:

- A software reset (holding both buttons for 4 secs while "charging" and then unplugging after 10 secs) which didn't help but resulted in different light shows (3 bottom lights blinking & some attempts later, the light show with all the lights). I tried this reset about 15 times.

- A hardware reset (disassembling the unit very carefully and unplugging the battery pack for a minute or so). Didn't help either. Tried it about 5 times.

I noticed that the 3-bottom-lights also light up when "charging" without the battery attached.

I'm thinking my battery died (or one of its cells) but I have no means to test it.

I'm in Europe so I'm dreading sending the thing back in (bought through massdrop so prolly gonna have to contact Arizer directly). Guess I'll have no other choice though. FUCK! (Can I curse in here?)

I lent out my Volcano to a friend and now I can't do my thang :( I couldn't have been happier with my Solo, life was grand and birds were singing along with my epic seshes with clouds aplenty! Woe is me! Mumble grumble!

For over 2 years I have been using the SOLO.
In fact I have other vaporizers however when I need a quick session I reach for one of my SOLO's.
Sounds like a battery issue your have?
Their are some technical people way more qualified than I on this tread.
I have dumb luck! (LOL)

Change the battery pack with the same rating of the existing batteries. KISS

For less than $25 you will be back in operation.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/tenergy-18650-2200-pk.html
theshorelinemarket_2292_843491304

My first one is still working fine with the batteries it came with are over 2 years ago.
I like having two devices so their use is divided.

Last edited:

OF

My first one is still working fine with the batteries it came with over 2 years ago.
I like having two devices so their use is divided.

I'd be a little careful here, the fellow's in Europe, that battery pack will be mighty expensive to get and if it's like the two I've bought from that source it won't fit in without stripping off most of the jacket (the PCB is on the end not the side like the Solo). There's also the connector issues, someone will have to solder the right connector on. It won't plug in, no plug.

And then the bigger question of 'will a new battery fix it?'.......I think not. 3 lights should have supported a session fine and no matter what it should now charge. Which it's not. IMO huge clue, the system isn't trying to charge.......

Hard to troubleshoot these things, might be a charger, this doesn't match the typical charger failure and that doesn't explain the lack of performance in the last session. I fear it might be a hard failure.

If the OP has access to a friend with a DMM and screwdriver we might be able to tie this down better. Normally, the first thing I'd try is PA mode, but that requires a PA......

If you can afford it I suggest buying another Solo. That way you can send the dead unit off to get fixed and will eventually have two units in case another one goes tits up again.

No doubt about it, if you have two working ones, both will give spotless service......Murphy works for vapes too you know.........

Still, Mission Critical gear demands backups, you should have an alternative handy.

"the fastest way to find missing equipment is to order it's replacement".

OF

Jab

Ataxian said:

I'm way kisser than you 'cause I've been looking into battery packs houuuuurs ago :brow:

Like this one: http://www.conrad.nl/ce/nl/product/251301/
251301_BB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

^^ Higher mAh though, but better quality than stock or tenergy too. Haven't pulled the trigger for reasons mentioned by @OF below.

@Jab Trade you a Solo for a keg from Huyghe Brewery? Heh.

If you can afford it I suggest buying another Solo. That way you can send the dead unit off to get fixed and will eventually have two units in case another one goes tits up again.
Hehe I'd send you some Delirium or Idesbald if it wouldn't set me back a Solo ánd a Lotus :)

Yeah I haven't decided yet what best to do here. My Volcano's back though so I gots my groove goin on again at least :haw:

OF said:
I'd be a little careful here, the fellow's in Europe, that battery pack will be mighty expensive to get and if it's like the two I've bought from that source it won't fit in without stripping off most of the jacket (the PCB is on the end not the side like the Solo). There's also the connector issues, someone will have to solder the right connector on. It won't plug in, no plug.
Thanks for your detailed reply. Yeah I came across your earlier posts complaining about size (and tenergy's quality?). I can get my hands on soldering equipment if need be -- and I remember doing it once or twice many moons ago. I'm pretty sure I could do it, given some practice.

OF said:
And then the bigger question of 'will a new battery fix it?'.......I think not. 3 lights should have supported a session fine and no matter what it should now charge. Which it's not. IMO huge clue, the system isn't trying to charge.......

Hard to troubleshoot these things, might be a charger, this doesn't match the typical charger failure and that doesn't explain the lack of performance in the last session. I fear it might be a hard failure.

If the OP has access to a friend with a DMM and screwdriver we might be able to tie this down better. Normally, the first thing I'd try is PA mode, but that requires a PA......
Yep. I'm not sure either. The unit has been working perfectly for ~6 weeks with pretty heavy use (6-12 sessions/day). I've been handling it very, very carefully and it's had zero accidents.

I've read the posts about the charger problems. But as you indicate that's unlikely in my case: I was holding it in my hand (ever so gently) as it just.. died.
I'm in Belgium so I had to buy a power adapter, that's the only thing I can think of (I deliberately went for the more expensive one though -- to avoid buying crap and causing trouble).

I don't have a meter and don't know anyone who does (to my knowledge). I'll ask around.

No PA either. Was planning on buying one later.. from @Pipes prolly... was the plan.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Still, Mission Critical gear demands backups, you should have an alternative handy.

"the fastest way to find missing equipment is to order it's replacement".

OF
"OF" I am so glad you chimed in here!
Your are the leading expert on this stuff.
I have dumb luck!

When I had my CNC machine I had back up parts.
People criticized me for being so redundant.
However when a drive motor would fail or a bearing shatter I as operational in 30 minutes.
Vaporizers are so useful!
We need more than one!
Even if it's for RECREATIONAL or MEDICAL!

MURPHY'S LAW!
I'm way kisser than you 'cause I've been looking into battery packs houuuuurs ago :brow:

Like this one: http://www.conrad.nl/ce/nl/product/251301/
^^ Higher mAh though, but better quality than stock or tenergy too. Haven't pulled the trigger for reasons mentioned by @OF below.

Hehe I'd send you some Delirium or Idesbald if it wouldn't set me back a Solo ánd a Lotus :)

Yeah I haven't decided yet what best to do here. My Volcano's back though so I gots my groove goin on again at least :haw:

Thanks for your detailed reply. Yeah I came across your earlier posts complaining about size (and tenergy's quality?). I can get my hands on soldering equipment if need be -- and I remember doing it once or twice many moons ago. I'm pretty sure I could do it, given some practice.

Yep. I'm not sure either. The unit has been working perfectly for ~6 weeks with pretty heavy use (6-12 sessions/day). I've been handling it very, very carefully and it's had zero accidents.

I've read the posts about the charger problems. But as you indicate that's unlikely in my case: I was holding it in my hand (ever so gently) as it just.. died.
I'm in Belgium so I had to buy a power adapter, that's the only thing I can think of (I deliberately went for the more expensive one though -- to avoid buying crap and causing trouble).

I don't have a meter and don't know anyone who does (to my knowledge). I'll ask around.

No PA either. Was planning on buying one later.. from @Pipes prolly... was the plan.

The battery pack I replaced is working perfectly.
In fact it's as good as my other SOLO.
If you want a higher mah value then you must practice tea spoon technology!

Last edited:

Hexi

BAH ! Wasn't even medicated, just setting up and I made the stupid mistake of having the set up too close to the edge of the table, turned to look at something to my right, and my wrist bumped the set up.

Glass Breaking Virginity Lost!

SOLO + @Pipes stand + PVHES GONG into U-Joint (for carb) into Dewar joint BINGO bubbler! Then the accident! I hear smash! ON03S!

The PVHES Gong cracked inside the SOLO, the U joint was a mess, and the @Pipes stand now has a big chip on it. The set up went from about 4 ft straight onto a cold tiled floor.

Amazingly the Solo was undamaged, the @Pipes stand still works fine, The BINGO Bubbler w/ detachable mouthpiece - completely fine! Thankfully I have a backup PVHES GONG, but now I need another replacement carb device. I might get something with a bigger clearance than the U joint.

Anyhoot, despite my unintentional attempt to SMASH everything to bits, the SOLO is still a champ, took the KO blow and got right back on the saddle.

Jab

Ataxian said:
Vaporizers are so useful!
We need more than one!
Even if it's for RECREATIONAL or MEDICAL!

MURPHY'S LAW!
Amen to that. (Though the Volcano never failed on me once and I've had it for over 10 years.. though granted it's a desktop vape and it costs forty-two thousand dollars).

Ataxian said:
The battery pack I replaced is working perfectly.
In fact it's as good as my other SOLO.
If you want a higher mah value then you must practice tea spoon technology!
Well it's not that I want to, it's just that the shop didn't have the 2200 mAh and hey, I felt lucky :science:

artist said:
hi people, just was lurking trhough the thread and read about the battery pack problem, so thought i shime in to inform eu people about this site: http://verdampftnochmal.de/products...eme-parts/arizer-solo-li-ion-accumulator.html
they are selling the exchange batterypack for the solo!
greatings from luxemburg
Oh hell yes! Thanks neighbour :cheers:

I'll first look into testing the battery and if dead, verdamptnochmal it is. If not, there's only one thing left.. sending it all the way back to Canada..

Caligula

Maximus
At least you can speak/write to Arizer in French? Might get better customer service than English only Americans. Heh.

Caligula,
Reactions: Snappo

JD13

I've been using the Solo for a little while now. Looking to upgrade my glass stems to the f-bomb Micro Bubbler with PVHEGong adapter (from planetvape). Anybody here tried/recommend this setup? looks pretty sweet

JD13,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
At least you can speak/write to Arizer in French? Might get better customer service than English only Americans. Heh.

Why would that help? Arizer is located in Kitchener-Waterloo, population knowing French 6.4% at the last census. They might fall in that percentage but they definitely know English.

Top Bottom