Arizer Solo

Hexi

Well all this flavor talk had me trying out the Solo with concentrate/flower sammich turned down all the way to 3-4 like the Stem days. Still able to get decent sized rips through a water tool.

Since I recently scraped clean the SS bowl of the Solo, I've noticed that the flowers get much darker/quicker at 7. Can do a full session on just 4 with concentrates (not truly full spectrum) and then return later for the step ups to 5-7 for the full roast.

I'll get some pics of the reclaim I scraped from the PVHEGONG later on, a nice big dollop of sap to mix with some kief for some testing in the future.

OF

Since I recently scraped clean the SS bowl of the Solo, I've noticed that the flowers get much darker/quicker at 7.

Interesting observation and one that makes sense if you consider the majority of the work is done by conduction (rather than convection via the four holes). Normally, I think, this is not a big issue since herb doesn't seem to stain the cup much. Of course concentrates (even minor spills) are a different matter.

It occurs to me that the best tool for this might be a piece of the copper 'Chore Boy' pot scrubber (like very coarse copper 'steel wool') in that it won't scratch the SS but should cut the fouling? You could use it a bit wet (rinsing if off every few turns) to help trap and remove the junk?

Again, not a suggestion for otherwise normally clean bowls.

Thanks for posting the observation, IMO it's another clue to this fun little gadget.

OF

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
:clap::clap:

Hi,

Where did you get your s?
Mind if I ask where and for how much?
Lastly how does it compare to the pnwt? Sorry so many Q's I just received mine so I'm quite happy with it:clap:
I got it from Glass Blowers Direct and paid $59.00 for it. It's not on the website, but if you email Sam @glassblowersdirect.com they will make one for you. It works great and i'm very happy with it. This was before the VaporBlunt sale when F-Bombs and PWT were over $100. I'm testing the PWT later-just received it today. I bought the PWT because i have setups at home and in Ca , don't like to travel with pieces and Vapes;)

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Soooooo.. yeah.... don't think I'll have much of an issue weening myself off of concentrates with this baby. Just put me on my f@*Kin A$$...

Have been playing with different screens (domed/flat combos) in the stems, finding my sweet spot. Very versatile device. I actually like the restricted draw on the stock stems. Coming from the Bender, drawing slow is mandatory, and that technique has proven to be very useful on the Solo.

I really like being able to set it on 2 and enjoy the low-temp terps!!!

Jab

Have been playing with different screens (domed/flat combos) in the stems, finding my sweet spot. Very versatile device. I actually like the restricted draw on the stock stems.
I used a dome for the first time earlier today. Clouds everywhere!

I'm with you on the draw. Or let's say I like to change it up every couple sessions. Tight pack + flat screen + o-ring + stock stem = max restriction on the draw.

Vaporito

Crap, just broke my shorty.... Pain to get all the glass out of the solo, and the rug... Oh well... At least the fbomb survived...

Time to order a replacement.

Of course planetvape is out of stock :(

Last edited:
Vaporito,

jds32

Vapes mean 400F, sometimes a mite more. You need high temperature stuff. That reduces you to a couple of options, probably the best is silicone. This is what I usually use:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23884&catid=799

There are other types, but this stuff is softer and more pliable.

This is the best quality tubing I've seen. I got mine from an ebay vendor, but I think this spec tubing is very well worth the effort to acquire.

Thanks OF.

jds32

At 3 bucks a copy shipped (when they're in stock....) they're a great deal IMO and get to you fast. I've got several in service spread all over, have yet to have one fail in any way......except getting lost (or swiped.....).
http://dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320

Fast, easy and effective. Like stuff like that. Cheap is good, too.

These didn't work out so well for me. I ordered 2. After 3-4 rounds of email, they finally showed up after 8 weeks. I filled them both with butane (dumb idea). The first one sprung apart in my fingers as I tried to ignite it the first time... The second one works, but the flame is very, very small - almost just an exaggerated cigarette lighter.

I've gotten stellar things from dx over the years, but this wasn't one of them for me.

This post is just a reminder that deals like this can go either way. Thanks goodness it's only $6.

OF

The second one works, but the flame is very, very small - almost just an exaggerated cigarette lighter.

Sorry yours didn't work, all mine have (something close to 10 at this point?). On the one that works, but not as you like it, I assume you've adjusted the flame?

It's probably important to note that this is not a full blown torch (intended to heat nails and solder up plumbing), it is in fact "just an exaggerated cigarette lighter". That is it uses that amount of fuel (not the vastly larger consumption of the bigger guys) and therefore produces the same total energy, just in a more confined, controlled way. If you put a tube on it and burn the gas used it's very much like a Bic lighter.

Nothing magic here, either.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

thesoloman

Interesting observation and one that makes sense if you consider the majority of the work is done by conduction (rather than convection via the four holes). Normally, I think, this is not a big issue since herb doesn't seem to stain the cup much. Of course concentrates (even minor spills) are a different matter.

It occurs to me that the best tool for this might be a piece of the copper 'Chore Boy' pot scrubber (like very coarse copper 'steel wool') in that it won't scratch the SS but should cut the fouling? You could use it a bit wet (rinsing if off every few turns) to help trap and remove the junk?

Again, not a suggestion for otherwise normally clean bowls.

Thanks for posting the observation, IMO it's another clue to this fun little gadget.

OF
When my bowl has caked on stuff, i cut a razor blade down to the width of a stem then take that and scrape around in a circular motion inside the heater, It scrapes it scrapes almost everything off, looking as good an new ,almost new.
Edit- sometimes i use pliers to hold the blade
and i don't cut the razor just snap it in half under a towel to prevent any flying shards

thesoloman,
Reactions: OF

jds32

Sorry yours didn't work, all mine have (something close to 10 at this point?). On the one that works, but not as you like it, I assume you've adjusted the flame?

It's probably important to note that this is not a full blown torch (intended to heat nails and solder up plumbing), it is in fact "just an exaggerated cigarette lighter". That is it uses that amount of fuel (not the vastly larger consumption of the bigger guys) and therefore produces the same total energy, just in a more confined, controlled way.

If I mess with the flame adjustment, it wants to spring apart like the first one did.

I've been thinking about how to use the working one and I think it will be perfect to clean vape screens. It's hotter than a bic, but not so scorching as a proper torch. I'm sure there's more than $6 worth of value in that.

Now, how can I get the butane out of the broken one?

Last edited:
jds32,
Reactions: OF

thesoloman

If I mess with the flame adjustment, it wants to spring apart like the first one did.

I've been thinking about how to use the working one and I think it will be perfect to clean vape screens. It's hotter than a bic, but not so scorching as a proper torch. I'm sure there's more than $6 worth of value that.

easy, set the torch in a big open area, make a small fire nearby and shoot the torch with rife, the higher the caliper the more fun! . if you hit the torch, there will no gas left in torch, and a nice fireworks show.
Something like this maybe

thesoloman,

OF

Interesting....."wants to spring apart"? The flame adjustment is on the bottom, around the fill hole, right? Noting to 'spring apart'.......

To dump the gas, depress the pin in the center of the fill valve with a matchstick or similar. Be careful, the 'gas' can cause frostbite (and do it outside, of course).

Good luck.

OF

OF,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Damn and I was waiting for them to come back in stock...how bout honest brand....small upgrade I would guess.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ataxian

Butnie

Hi, first post here :).

I wanted to ask if there is any significant difference between the m107 and the m108 (models above) since I am have having trouble using the search function for this function. About to make my first Solo purchase ever and want to make it right! Is it worth the extra $40 to make the jump to the newest model?

Butnie,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hi, first post here :).

I wanted to ask if there is any significant difference between the m107 and the m108 (models above) since I am have having trouble using the search function for this function. About to make my first Solo purchase ever and want to make it right! Is it worth the extra $40 to make the jump to the newest model?
One of mine is over 2 years old and strong as ever.
No non sense!

Top Bottom