Arizer Solo

Curiousone

Been a while since I've posted! Just wanted to say I purchased a wooden stem from Ed's TNT and love it. He was also very helpful in ordering! Excellent product and awesome service. Definitely should be part of anyone's Solo setup!

Just wanted to agree with you...I picked up a Solo stem from ED about a month ago, give or take. I have to say it is awesome. My biggest complaint with the original stems are their similarity to crack pipes. The fact they are breakable doesn't help. I broke both of my original stems. I ordered one back-up before finally buying a stem directly from ED.

This wood stem is awesome. Larger bowl, which has had the effect of increasing my daily usage:(
Better draw...less restriction. Most importantly, I can't break this one. And it looks dope (but not like a crack pipe). It does impart it's own flavor, but I dig it.

My only concern is cleaning, but if it goes according to plan...shouldn't be a problem there.

Peace

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Dear Fellow Potheads,

I am purchasing a portable vape within the next two weeks and I would appreciate some first-hand experience please.

1) I need to know which portable vaporizer is BEST in terms of vapor smoke smell.

(Best being the least smelliest)

I live in a one-bedroom apartment that I just moved into and I would like to smoke out my kitchen window.

Can someone be so kind as to advise how badly their portable vaporizer smells in comparison to a blunt, a joint, a desktop vaporizer, etc.?

Thanks a bunch!
"Potheads"?!:rant:I much prefer "Herb Aficionado", thank you:nod:. I can only speak for the Solo vape at present, and would say that odor is barely perceptible compared to combustion. In any event, open the kitchen window and listen to the birds chirp while ripping your vape. Enjoy;)

Last edited:

Panigale

tup.gif
Thank you OF. I figured Tim must have good reason for taking a while to respond. I'll wait another week before reaching out with a follow up email.

Love, love, LOVE the Solo so far. So much so that my wife and I now have a matching set!

Pani:smug:
Has anyone heard from Tim lately? He's not responding to my emails. I'm starting to get slightly concerned that I won't receive the car cord that was supposed to be included in the "full kit".

Also, does anyone know if a car cord from another vendor might work with the DTS unit?

Still loving the Solo. We're pretty much inseparable at this point :tup:

Pani

Snappo

Accessory Maker
tup.gif

Has anyone heard from Tim lately? He's not responding to my emails. I'm starting to get slightly concerned that I won't receive the car cord that was supposed to be included in the "full kit".

Also, does anyone know if a car cord from another vendor might work with the DTS unit?

Still loving the Solo. We're pretty much inseparable at this point :tup:

Pani
I do hope you finally get the car cord from Tim. It's a terrific accessory. If not and you really need one, just use the OEM car cord. You can get it from numerous web dealers like Planet Vape or EZVAPES.COM. Good luck!

Snappo,
Reactions: Panigale

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Dear Fellow Potheads,

I am purchasing a portable vape within the next two weeks and I would appreciate some first-hand experience please.

1) I need to know which portable vaporizer is BEST in terms of vapor smoke smell.

(Best being the least smelliest)

I live in a one-bedroom apartment that I just moved into and I would like to smoke out my kitchen window.

Can someone be so kind as to advise how badly their portable vaporizer smells in comparison to a blunt, a joint, a desktop vaporizer, etc.?

Thanks a bunch!
SOLO SOLO SOLO

The other portables smell and so does the SOLO.
However I beleive the SOLO smells less!

Blowing out the kitchen widow might do the trick?

I tried a few about 2 years ago.

I'm still using the SOLO.
You decide?
Was this chillium hand picked from a local shop, or online? If online, can you provide a link? Thanks!
I pick my fittings.
I take a clean SOLO into the SMOKE SHOP!

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I pick my fittings.
I take clean SOLO into the SMOKE SHOP!
I hear ya, atax ...chilliums need to fit just right when matching with a stem and silicon sleeve. But, when sending to PV, I don't believe the fit needs to be that close because they heat, stretch and fuse it to the glass stem or Gong. They make it fit. I'm planning on sending them a few, one of which will be mated to a bent turbo cut off just after the bend. Will post pics!

Snappo,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I hear ya, atax ...chilliums need to fit just right when matching with a stem and silicon sleeve. But, when sending to PV, I don't believe the fit needs to be that close because they heat, stretch and fuse it to the glass stem or Gong. They make it fit. I'm planning on sending them a few, one of which will be mated to a bent turbo cut off just after the bend. Will post pics!
Let me know if it works out?
Sounds like a great ideal!

By the way my PIPES STAND does not have a light like your?

ataxian,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I am getting really jealous snappo. How much have they charged you to do this? I can't go in and pick stuff out.
Don't know yet what they're gonna charge:shrug: ...I'm just now beginning to assemble my new chillium pieces and brainstorming on stem/Gong designs. Will keep y'all posted with updates and pics as they happen:wave:!

OF

tup.gif

Yes, I heard from him a few hours ago in fact.....he emailed to cancel the meeting we had set up a while ago for tomorrow morning. Too tied up with family stuff for play....

He said he got the message and would be contacting you/sending the cable out as soon as he can get to his shop (probably tomorrow instead of meeting me....).

Otherwise, yes other cords will work, at least some of them. It's a standard coaxial connector, "5.5 X 2.1mm" center positive. Be careful there are also some 5.5 X 2.5mm ones that will fit but not work well.

I'm sure Tim will sort it out shortly, if he doesn't PM me and I'll scare up a couple of the different cables left over from testing and mail them to you.

OF

olivianewtonjohn

Hey guys!

So I've finally saved up enough money to buy a Solo! Specifically I have $130 saved up, but I would appreciate some help. Basically I've narrowed my choices to these two:
  1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/290859335046?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 This is the M1B Model and it says that it has the ceramic heating chamber, which is better than a SS one right? Also, it says that it comes with a grinder in the title, but there is no mention of a grinder being included in the description.
  2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arizer-Solo...Domain_0&var=640040437808&hash=item564d703dbc This one is the M1X (M108) M107 model...is this an SS heating chamber one or a ceramic one? This package also comes with a 4 piece aluminum grinder, so I guess I'll be able to make compressed Kief hash later on, but not with the former link (only 3-piece grinder).

Also, how necessary is a grinder for a Solo? Is breaking the bud by hand sufficient?

Another thing on my mind is if I should cave and buy a 14 mm GonG from PV and the Pinnacle WT that's on sale for $50 only till October 31st. But this means I'm gonna have to save up for a Solo again -__- You guys have any thoughts on that?

I'd appreciate an help, I've been saving up for a Solo for months, college budget is the culprit :cry:

Yeah IMO dont worry too much about model numbers if they are a decent size store they wont have the solo's from 1 year+ anything after M106 are the same. I bought mine almost a year ago and its 2+ gens newer than the M106

Since your budget minded try to find one that includes a metal 4 piece grinder they arent great but will be decent (and probably better than acrylic). Dont spring for the bundled metal grinder if it costs too much more since IMO you can get a better one down the road than what they include. I would highly highly recommend getting the pinnacle tube its amazing. Maybe hold off on the GonG and just get the solo and pinnacle you can still pair the pinnacle with the stem until you can buy the gong. If the choice is between pinnacle and solo then I guess get a pinnacle now incase the 31st is the end of the deals (who knows what will happen after the 31).....Im a college student and can sympathize with having no $/other things I have to spend $ on.

EDIT: And no a grinder is not mandatory with the solo but most find it gives them a more even burn and more efficiency. Also since you are on a budget the solo is definitely the way to go IMO, its so efficient; one night vaped out of my mind I weighed and calculated my cost and it was about $1.40 a bowl LOL

Caligula

Maximus
If the Pinnacle WT goes back to $120 or whatever it retails for on the 31, then yes I say buy that now. The solo is always on sale somewhere.

FWIW, Pinnacle said they were going to have a big black Friday sale

Last edited:

Space Case

so should I buy this off ebay? Seeing good prices on new models. Is new model good in this case? Is it like those knock off Pax units?
So this in not quite ideal for bho?

Last edited:
Space Case,

olivianewtonjohn

so should I buy this off ebay? Seeing good prices on new models. Is new model good in this case? Is it like those knock off Pax units?
So this in not quite ideal for bho?
-Yes you can but know if the ebay seller does not take care of warrenty issues then you will have to send it to canada to arizer
-Yes IMO the new models are great (some like the M105s better but there are many many people with the newest models who love them)
-No I have not heard of knock off solos just make sure they have a good feedback and have been around for awhile
-I dont think this is ideal for concentrates, I have heard of people making flower-kief-flower sandwhiches; I think some do the same with concentrates but you have to be careful that the concentrate does not boil off into the holes in the chamber.

Tom Funk

Yes, I heard from him a few hours ago in fact.....he emailed to cancel the meeting we had set up a while ago for tomorrow morning. Too tied up with family stuff for play....

He said he got the message and would be contacting you/sending the cable out as soon as he can get to his shop (probably tomorrow instead of meeting me....).

Otherwise, yes other cords will work, at least some of them. It's a standard coaxial connector, "5.5 X 2.1mm" center positive. Be careful there are also some 5.5 X 2.5mm ones that will fit but not work well.

I'm sure Tim will sort it out shortly, if he doesn't PM me and I'll scare up a couple of the different cables left over from testing and mail them to you.

OF

Good on ya for looking out for Tim and his customers, OF. I know he's had a tough year. We all need good mates, especially when times are challenging.

TF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
"Potheads"?!:rant:I much prefer "Herb Aficionado", thank you:nod:.
Enjoy;)

I was a "POT HEAD" in the 70's . (DAZED & CONFUSED) LOL!

Today I consider myself a MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT seeking a more natural way to medicate!

So the use of the term "POT HEAD" might have applied in a historical sense decades ago for some.
However today many of us use the Label: "MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT".

CANNABIS is a HOLISTIC approach to a healthier life style in my option!

Last edited:

OF

Good on ya for looking out for Tim and his customers, OF. I know he's had a tough year. We all need good mates, especially when times are challenging.

Exactly so, Brother Tom, exactly so. Helping each other is one of the best things we do. Sooner or later it comes around.

Thanks very much for noticing, but I'm just the guy who was in the right place when the time comes this time. Every day there's many examples of guys (and women.....) helping each other. I like that, the world could use more of it I think.

And while we're on the subject of women (one of my very favorite ones, BTW), ever notice how 'the fairer sex' seems to be in that 'helping out' mode in larger relative numbers? It's gotta be something in the genes I'm thinking......

OF

sasNW

Woot woot OG ceramic bowl is coming back home!!!:love::rockon:

I emailed the warranty service and they are willing to sell it back to me for $120. A bit more then I was hoping but I did say I would buy another one if I ever saw it, so time to put my money where my mouth is. Plus it's still slightly better then had I bought a new one too. Soon to have an m102 and m1b1. So stoked to be getting that taste back:drool:

Words of wisdom- KEEP YOUR CERAMIC SOLOS!!!!!!!

OF

I emailed the warranty service and they are willing to sell it back to me for $120. A bit more then I was hoping but I did say I would buy another one if I ever saw it, so time to put my money where my mouth is. Plus it's still slightly better then had I bought a new one too. Soon to have an m102 and m1b1. So stoked to be getting that taste back:drool:

Glad to hear it.

When you have one of each in hand how'd you like to conduct some 'blindfold A/B tests'? That is see if guys can detect that taste improvement if they can't see it? I'm wondering if whatever differences there might be is 'swamped' by the larger variations in taste that normally happen with the same unit under different circumstances.

If it turns out that there is a verifiable advantage perhaps we can interest Arizer in selling them again (perhaps not guarantying the bowl against chipping?

Thanks for considering it.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Glad to hear it.

I'm wondering if whatever differences there might be is 'swamped' by the larger variations in taste that normally happen with the same unit under different circumstances.

If it turns out that there is a verifiable advantage perhaps we can interest Arizer in selling them again (perhaps not guarantying the bowl against chipping?

Thanks for considering it.

OF
It doesn't matter if it's stainless or ceramic.
Play around with screens, stems, water pipes, bubblers, water tools.
From a end user stand point I think the STAINLESS STEEL BOWL is more durable!
Find your sweet spot with whatever you vaporize with.
On the other hand it would be fun just to have a ceramic bowl to mess around with.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Woot woot OG ceramic bowl is coming back home!!!:love::rockon:

I had asked this with no answer so let me ask you. I have a 102 and it feels like the glass rubs on the ceramic. Have you had any issues with getting weak spots and the glass breaking over time or chips in the glass? TIA

OF I will do that challenge later today and see what I come up with...I might double fist it with the same strain of course in each. I don't even see chips cause the bowl is so dark on the 102 that you need to shine a light and even then I doubt without really inspecting I could tell if it is chipped or not. I guess I don't inspect my vapes like others do.

Hexi

-
-I dont think this is ideal for concentrates, I have heard of people making flower-kief-flower sandwhiches; I think some do the same with concentrates but you have to be careful that the concentrate does not boil off into the holes in the chamber.

Nothing beats a "rig" for dabs from what I understand. However, with the Solo, you can easily vape all types of super-concentrates. If there is concern about run off leaking into the device, gravity can be used to offset that risk.

For example, with a GonG you can use the Solo upside down, so any run-off would not leak into the device, rather it will leak down the GonG and into the water tool. This is how I roll. But I don't do straight concentrate, I buffer with leaf.

sasNW

Ataxian I agree the stainless is far more durable, that's why I'm happy to have both soon. Ill bring the ss around others but ceramic is just for me. And it's not that the ss tastes bad, and with the wt it's rather delicious, but for me and everyone that I've had try it, the first rip off (before serious vapor production) the ceramic at level 2 with a real top shelf is the best tasting experience I've had with mj.:drool: And I've tried quite a bit in 5 years ive been growing in the medical scene in Seattle. Ill pay $120 to have that back in a heartbeat:2c:

@ dreamer, I've only had the 102 for a month, but I've had no issues with the glass(and mine does rub) other the the occasional chip. But IMO its pretty damn easy to tell when the bowl has chipped and ill definitely do some serious testing when the 102 arrives

sasNW,
Reactions: Hexi

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Gee, I thought you had it longer. I would love to hear from some long time users of the ceramic bowl and the glass holding up. The rubbing can't be good and I am thinking to maybe use ed's stem in the 102 instead. I haven't broken my glass yet but it worries me every time I put it in. Taking it out doesn't seem to scrap as bad but I don't really know. If and when I clean my stem I will be able to see if there are actually scratches. The only issue using ed's stem is I burn myself as I always touch the bowl even with the glass.

Top Bottom