Arizer Solo

The da Buddha is 100% convection !
Naw I wouldn't say all that. Because I usually insert my whip and let it warm up some before I can really good banging good hits out of it. So there has to be "some" conduction going on. Not much but some.

VapeNStone,

Mrmrmrmr

Lets not derail this thread.. Pm if you want more info but I assure you it is 100% convection. Convection is hot air being pulling through whatever your heating, that warm up you say you are doing really would have minimal to no effect on the herb.

Mrmrmrmr,

as

Im more of a big hits guy any way, use my solo of 7 99% of the time and da buddha as high as i can with out combustion so taste not to big a deal. I have found tho that i like the domed screen in the solo a lot with the smallest bowl you can with out the weed falling out and you can get some solid nice tasting hits with a vapor lung

as,
I was the same @as until I got my PVHES stem. Now I just cut a screen to fit perfectly on the bottom and I stuff my bowls lol.

Lets not derail this thread.. Pm if you want more info but I assure you it is 100% convection. Convection is hot air being pulling through whatever your heating, that warm up you say you are doing really would have minimal to no effect on the herb.
And there you said it. I bolded it for you :) So then I was right? Its more like 98% convection

VapeNStone,

Mrmrmrmr

Minimal as possible , .0007 size. Basically it doesn't matter. That's why every description of the da Buddha you will see will be convection.

Mrmrmrmr,

Zorbak

I'm having trouble deciding between the pinnacle wt for the solo or the f-bomb. Please chime in if you have either or both and let me know what you do and do not like about them
I believe they are essentially the same. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I have the pinnacle WT, and I absolutely love it. I prefer it mainly because I think f-bomb is a stupid name to have plastered on it! :lol:

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
The one thing is to temper expectations. The Solo is not a desktop vape, while many of us treat it as such, it is a battery powered hand-held. The power is limited.

As long as you don't expect desktop performance from a hand held, the solo can treat you right. There is a reason so many of us are pumped for the CLOUD EVO, more power, better efficiency, big huge clouds etc..

The Solo is best when compared to hand-helds.

I don't disagree with you, but the ceramic solos could stand up to even an LSV in terms of cloud production, so some of us are coming from a place where they really could run with the big boys. If you have a ceramic solo with a PA, you've pretty much got a first class desktop vape in my opinion, even though I usually go with the Cloud for ease of use.

Hexi

I'm having trouble deciding between the pinnacle wt for the solo or the f-bomb. Please chime in if you have either or both and let me know what you do and do not like about them

I don't have the PnnWT, but the f-BOMB. I believe the f-BOMB name is sort of a re-think spin-off from the once in development FC special PV water tool?

What I love about the f-BOMB
  • Sturdy for its size
  • Easy to use
  • Designed to work with the SOLO
  • Works really well with PVHEGONG as the tube adds some drag, whereas the PVHE allow too much air if you push it.
  • Nice and small, easy to store
What I don't like
  • Not enough water/cooling/air. Honking on this too hard can still irritate the throat.
  • Small holes can clog easily
  • 14mm only
  • hard to empty all the water
Zero regrets with the f-BOMB. The logo is stupid but it doesn't bother me at all, it's not like it's a bumper sticker on my car or a forehead tatt.

I don't disagree with you, but the ceramic solos could stand up to even an LSV in terms of cloud production, so some of us are coming from a place where they really could run with the big boys. If you have a ceramic solo with a PA, you've pretty much got a first class desktop vape in my opinion, even though I usually go with the Cloud for ease of use.

I'll gladly trade you my stainless steel dumbed down newer model for an uber, hotter, ceramic model :brow:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
OF - Do you think the glass flowers you've suggested for the Ascent will fit in the Solo stem? Also, what do you think of the honeycomb screens below for the Solo, 3/8" diam.? Thanks!
http://www.amazon.com/Honeycomb-Screens-3-7-9mm2mm-smoke-screens/dp/B00BFO01AE/ref=pd_sbs_misc_4
28hld3a.jpg

OF

OF - Do you think the glass flowers you've suggested for the Ascent will fit in the Solo stem? Also, what do you think of the honeycomb screens below for the Solo, 3/8" diam.? Thanks!

Good question, I'm sure you can get a few in (I no longer have them to check personally) but I'm not sure they'll pack in as well in the round tube. When my next batch arrives I'll try it. I don't think that you'll be getting the same sort of bonus boost in available heat since the Solo temperatures went up while Ascent's dropped with hitting but I think it's worth a try and at the least should be an effective and easily reversible way to lower load size.

I think the seven hole plate version might be a better way to go. Perhaps use a bit of cotton thread to tie 2 or even 3 together like stacked shirt buttons so the air holes would stay lined up?

Good thought, thanks.

OF

Fangor

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but I wanted to ask if this has happened to anyone else.

I have had a M1A model for about a month, and use it daily. I have probably ran the battery all the way down around ten times in total. Last night the red Charge light came on and now it refuses to charge.

When I plug it in, at first the Solo behaves normally with the green Charge light flashing and only the blue light on. After several seconds though, the red Charge light and all 7 yellow lights come on, while the green light continues to flash over the red one. Then it goes back to normal and the cycle continues. It does not seem to be charging.

I know the battery is not fried because the unit still turns on and works normally when unplugged. It just won't heat because the red Charge light is on. It looks like there is either a problem with the charger, or the charging circuit on the PCB. Anyone else?

Fangor,

al bundy

Vaporist
^^^ Have you tried a different charger?
Its 12 volts and should be easy to get one just to see if it changes anything.
Do you have a volt meter you can use to measure the power charger?
I cant see the battery dying that fast if its only been a month.
Where did you buy it? and i would contact them also.

al bundy,

Fangor

I just tested the charger with a multimeter and it's outputting 12V. I also measured the current draw when the Solo is plugged in; it is 65mA * 120V = 7.8W power consumed. During normal charging it should use >12W, so the Solo must be drawing less than the normal 1A. Also, I found out that it is in fact charging, but VERY slowly. After several hours I managed to get a few hits out of it when I turned it on.

EDIT: Took the damn thing apart and tested the battery voltage. It's 7.4V and that's what the pack is rated for. If the battery was dead I would expect to see less than 7.4V. I guess the Solo is just FUBAR and is falsely detecting a dead battery.

Last edited:
Fangor,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I just tested the charger with a multimeter and it's outputting 12V. I also measured the current draw when the Solo is plugged in; it is 65mA * 120V = 7.8W power consumed. During normal charging it should use >12W, so the Solo must be drawing less than the normal 1A. Also, I found out that it is in fact charging, but VERY slowly. After several hours I managed to get a few hits out of it when I turned it on.

EDIT: Took the damn thing apart and tested the battery voltage. It's 7.4V and that's what the pack is rated for. If the battery was dead I would expect to see less than 7.4V. I guess the Solo is just FUBAR and is falsely detecting a dead battery.
Howdy and welcome to the forum. Couple points here. There have been a number of cases where the charger was marginal for the output voltage to kick the Solo into charge mode.
The Solo monitors the voltage in a more intelligent way then regular devices do. This is because it self determines the operation mode pending the voltage on the input.
So this being said, you state the voltage measures 12 volts without load. If 11.98V let's say, it might not go into charge. Seems there are tolerance issues.
Another point is you measured 7.4 volts at the battery, again without load. IMO, the batteries are over half way empty. At least close to where a recharge is in order for good battery maintenance practice.

i would re-visit a charger vs Solo tolerance again.

Hope this helps.

Detonator

Arizer has said that it's a production run number and that's all. They don't reveal what changes are made between production runs. There could be many or none. The point is that lots of people fuss over getting the "latest
TRVB has the PN WT on sale for $ 50 with code PNWT50 .
Until Oct/31 .

Do you think the PN WT is better than the F Bomb? I sure like the price better, and no writing on it. Will it stay on my Solo good or would I have to concentrate on holding everything together?

edit hmm I found video of the Pinacle on the Solo on page 499 of this thread but still cant find video of the f bomb on the solo... little help?

I race rc cars with lipos and sometime the low voltage cut off ( the circuit that tell the lipos to stop discharging so they don't go into the dangerous too low voltage ) is somehow bypassed and if the lipo goes below the lowest voltage it should, then when we put it back on the charger the charge will give you a reading that says your battery is too low to charge. At that point you have to find an old NiCad charger and put the battery on it at low amperage then charge the battery for a short time , like 1 min or less then check it again on a lipo charger and a lot of the time the NiCad charge will have brought the batteries up just enough to let the lipo charger take over and do its job. Not sure if this is happening here or not but it sound like you used the batteries to there very bottom point so I"m thinking this could help.. How you would attach it to a NiCad charger is another story and would probly involve cutting open that wire leading to the plug to get a NiCad charger attached........ hmm thinking outside the box

Last edited:
Detonator,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Waiting for my Solo to arrive!!!!
Tried one a few months ago and really enjoyed it!

Now i need to read through 766 pages of info!!!

lazylathe,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom